Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About Miyata-san's character. Golden ratio between smile and the glasses?? He thought that wearing glasses was lame, until that main guy appeared during that same day that Kimura-san's character met. lol @ the rules of meganebu. He tries his best to stop one of his roles "double megane" without the danger of getting him out of the club. It was Kimura-san's character who saved the day instead.

lol @ the fluffy guy and his pjs. His glasses trouble and his brothers (Morikubo-san (model)? and Ishida-san (designer)?)! Wow, @ many spares!

One of the teachers (with white coat) as the preview guy.
tsubasaloverNov 3, 2013 8:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 27, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2013
Lol Takuma's brothers spoil him too much.
Oct 27, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
lol Soma didn't know he was breaking the forbidden law of "wearing double glasses" xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 27, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2012
This episode isn't as good as the previous episodes. At least all the Glasses Club finally get their introduction episode.

I guess the remaining episodes will probably going to be focused on their club activities.
Oct 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. I want a pair of prescription changing glasses! That'd be actually pretty useful since my eye degree is getting worse, day by day. Mitsuki is so gay that I'm getting used to it now. As always, great interior design. :DD
Oct 27, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
NO MEGANE, NO LIFE!
another awesome episode. i laughed so much in the first half oh god. and it was nice getting to know some more about takuma c:
and i don't think i'll ever get over "we are megane-buuu~uu~". too awesome.
Oct 27, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
I just love the bright colours in this anime. And just all of the characters' designs and everything ufufuef

Akira is ridiculous. How he runs down the road screaming "MEGANE!!!!" I love him though.

I love them all but Mitsuki is definitely my favourite. His little crush on Akira is too cute. "If you're going to stare at something then let it be me!"

Hayato wearing the prescription glasses was hilarious omg. Hayato is just great.

Takuma was really cute in this episode too ;w; He's so clumsy and cute. I love his pyjamas. And it's cute how much his brothers spoil him.
Oct 27, 2013 1:59 PM
Jan 2011
EEEEWWWW, this episode is full of yaoi.
Oct 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
Nasty001 said:
EEEEWWWW, this episode is full of yaoi.

You obviously have not watched Free! or Ookiku Furikabutte yet.
Oct 27, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
Akira and his double glasses rule omg that was really hilarious to me. Especially when he called out Yukiya on it, even though he was doing the same thing. He is such a loser.

anyways, i felt horror when Takuma's glasses fell into that washing machine but glad that all turned out for the better in the end.

You know, i would actually buy me one of those changing prescription glasses. I've always had the fear of being stuck in the apocalypse and like what if my glasses break, who is going to prescribe them now? How will I survive?? No megane, no life
Oct 27, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
slayerizedcarol said:
You know, i would actually buy me one of those changing prescription glasses. I've always had the fear of being stuck in the apocalypse and like what if my glasses break, who is going to prescribe them now? How will I survive?? No megane, no life

This

Oct 27, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
BakaGekai said:
slayerizedcarol said:

This

Amen *megane hand sign* ∞
Oct 27, 2013 8:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
BakaGekai said:
slayerizedcarol said:

This

Yes. I can't imagine trying to survive being half-blind. And lol at the megane hand sign XD

Akira and his double glasses. I love how Yukiya does it because what Akira does, he considers it fashionable...and then Akira reprimanded poor Yukiya for wearing doubles glasses.That part was really funny but I liked the part where all four club members were like "WHAT" when they saw Takumi and his...creative glasses. Takumi is such a cute character. And yeees, I was so surprised to hear Ishida Akira in this episode! What great older brothers Takumi has.
Oct 27, 2013 10:20 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the humor a little more in this episode, it at least made me smile quite a bit. Even so I think they stretch things out too much, and it still feels like the fact that they wear glasses doesn't really stand for much when thus far pretty much every single person we get to see wears glasses and none of them really have very different attitudes / personalities.

The whole stick-figure-like background characters situation really detracts from this series... it worked in Mawaru Penguindrum because that was really plot heavy and had tons of character development so there was no need to focus on things in the background, and they didn't do it all the time. But this just feels so out of place with no setting whatsoever.

Also, what's with the characters not only all wearing glasses, but now it seems like they live with their brothers but no parents. I guess it's just coincidence, and the series' focus is on characters with glasses... but that's why I think there should be background characters. But meh, hopefully it'll improve more on the humor, because at the moment it's only serving me a few smiles and a way to kill time.

slayerizedcarol said:
Lol, yeah I've always worried about such things as well. But ye know if you manage to get to make it to the apocalypse I doubt there will be very many things to worry about... if we're talking zombie apocalypse it may be better to not be able to see... just kill anything that moves and you'll never have to worry. And of course, the prescription changing glasses are probably just as likely to break. :/
Oct 27, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
The first half was actually pretty good. Not so much the second part. The animation and transitions were interesting/abstract. I do like the OST
Oct 28, 2013 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
Mistuki has a bit of development! I find him less annoying now.
What nice brothers.

And yeah prescription changing glasses are something I would need, but somewhere serious rather, because those don't look too fashionable. LOL. Yeah bent side-hanging things on glasses are ANNOYING. Although I don't really wear my glasses since it's not much of an use aside from reading far away, it's still annoying as hell! Worse its damage was done by a .... NON MEGANE. Disgrace!

Holy crap I don't think this anime will ever put a female character nor a non-megane character. So much megane, so much life LOL.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 28, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
Two hot ikemen spotted in this episode.
Weaker episode, but it had it's moment: namely the siblings love, I'm a sucker for these.
Oct 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
I decided to give this one a chance but I just can't take it anymore. Dropped.
Such a pity, specially when the first episode seemed so nice and interesting...

Also, Mitsuki is frigging annoying.
Oct 28, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
Ah Mitsuki, so many fails :P Takuma's brothers are so sweet :3 Who needs that many pairs of glasses :O That was really cute though.
Oct 28, 2013 4:40 PM

May 2011
I would love to have a hover-board like a pair of glasses. That was some powerful devotion all for the error of wearing double glasses and breaking another pair. Although I suppose given what this series is about a whole lot of being overly energetic about something will always be around. xD;
Oct 29, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2011
An episode about Mitsuki and Takuma : )

OMG Takuma's brothers XDDD

Hope to see some background on Yukiya and Akira. Also how the Meganebu was created too.
Oct 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
The visuals make my eyes orgasm every time I watch this.

Takuma's brothers are pretty funny :3
Oct 29, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
And more popular seiyuu have appeared~ XD Mitsuki was so funny in the first half again and the teacher's reaction was priceless!
All of them care so much about their glasses, I bet they'll end up marrying them, especially Akira (like Pace from Arcana Famiglia married Lasagne LOL).
Oct 30, 2013 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad, I just realized it's a normal-length episode. I may be mistaken, but I believe that the first episode(s) was/were 15 minutes or so in length.

Oct 30, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2011
Saburo-kun said:
Not bad, I just realized it's a normal-length episode. I may be mistaken, but I believe that the first episode(s) was/were 15 minutes or so in length.
They've all been the same length. It probably slipped your mind because of how AWESOMETASTICLY FUN this show is and then it seems like it's over much quicker.
Oct 31, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
I hear Araki Ryuuichi (Area no Kishi) and Kirihara Akaya (NPoT) there.. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 31, 2013 8:05 PM
Jul 2013
Mitsuki gay.
Oct 31, 2013 10:42 PM
Aug 2011
Not a big fan of this episode since I don't like Mitsuki.
He's too uke for my tastes and I know that's a douchey thing to say, but he's also to clingy to his senpai.
Free's Nitori was the same and I wasn't a fan of him either.
Nov 7, 2013 11:57 AM

Feb 2011
Frickin' hilarious[/] episode.

Takuma's bed can't be comfortable, it looks like a slab! He is adorable though, and his brothers are great.
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
The older brother made this for me.

BakaGekai said:
slayerizedcarol said:

This

They actually do exist.

Jan 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
ahah NO MEGANE NO LIFE !!!
loved it :D mfg this is awesome anime !

great episode !

and you guys .. nyah how can you not love Mitsuki? again, he is nice one yandere XD you are sooo bold :P

but yeah I agree Free's Nitori is borring fella *o* Mitsuki is different ~ he just appreicate his sempai to the point of above. ")
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Jun 29, 2014 5:09 AM

Oct 2009
Takuma-kun's story is so simple but so cute! But I felt it ended too soon >_<

And Takuma-kun's brothers are hot! Esp the model one.
Aug 19, 2014 1:20 AM

Aug 2007
This episode made me smile a couple times but I'm still saying my self, "Why am I watching this stupid thing?"

Ahhh, too bad I have a no-drop policy OTL

Jan 23, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2012
Man, Mitsuki is so gay for Akira. It's hilarious. I still need those adjustable prescription megane.

Isn't it uneconomical to buy so many glasses of the same prescription? I mean, as a glasses wearer, your degree gets worse after time.

Takuma and his brothers are so cute! What a loving family. This makes me look forward to the episode where

Also, yaaay Ishida Akira and Morikubo <3 glad to hear them!

mayukachan said:

Glad to know I was a Meganebuist back in the days. 8)
Oct 1, 2023 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
These older brothers are to die for

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2013

26 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2013

29 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2013

55 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 5 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2013

33 by Titadou »»
May 27, 2021 8:02 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

49 by Emanharlem55 »»
Dec 28, 2019 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.