Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 4, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2020
did dis bitch just kiss a 12 year old
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 19, 2020 5:30 PM
Nov 2019
One of the best movies I have seen!!
Jul 27, 2020 2:33 AM
Aug 2019
It was very great, but I'd have preferred a sad ending.
Jul 27, 2020 7:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it was definitely very good, made me want to rewatch the main series now.
Aug 9, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2020
Everything's finally come together. Now we know why Okabe's first kiss was not romantic.
Aug 11, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2016
RiceKnight59 said:
Everything's finally come together. Now we know why Okabe's first kiss was not romantic.

No, this is not Okabe's 'first kiss' what he talked about in Ep22.

Firstly, this movie is non-canon. The official after story is the Holy Day of Scourge Light Novel. Also, the movie breaks the established time travel rules, so it can't be canon.

Secondly, even if the movie was canon, Okabe's first kiss what he talked about can't be this kiss, because... that's not how time travel works in Steins;Gate. Back then, this kiss wasn't a thing, since Steins Gate worldline hasn't happened yet.

Thirdly, in the VN (the source material) Okabe explicitely states, that his first kiss was with Mayuri. They playfully kissed when they were young. That's why he said that it wasn't a romantic kiss.
-
Aug 11, 2020 4:20 PM

Apr 2020
SheevPalpatine said:
RiceKnight59 said:

Firstly, this movie is non-canon. The official after story is the Holy Day of Scourge Light Novel. Also, the movie breaks the established time travel rules, so it can't be canon.

Secondly, even if the movie was canon, Okabe's first kiss what he talked about can't be this kiss, because... that's not how time travel works in Steins;Gate. Back then, this kiss wasn't a thing, since Steins Gate worldline hasn't happened yet.

Thirdly, in the VN (the source material) Okabe explicitely states, that his first kiss was with Mayuri. They playfully kissed when they were young. That's why he said that it wasn't a romantic kiss.

So in the end he and Kurisu never become official? I thought the True Ending of the VN novel was Episode 24 of the anime and the contents of Episode 25 were canon?

So pretty much this movie was a cash grab? lol
Aug 11, 2020 5:17 PM

May 2016
RiceKnight59 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

So in the end he and Kurisu never become official? I thought the True Ending of the VN novel was Episode 24 of the anime and the contents of Episode 25 were canon?

So pretty much this movie was a cash grab? lol

Where Ep24 ends, that's where the VN ends. The OVA is not canon either.

From Robotics;Notes DaSH, we know that Okabe studies at the same university as Kurisu. That's all we know about them officially.
-
Sep 22, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
Nice movie, this time concentrated on Kurisu. It expanded her relationship with Okarin and showed Okarin's problems due to visiting many other timelines.

Although I feel that if this movie had been shorter, it could've been better as a whole.
Nov 12, 2020 8:33 PM
May 2020
This went from 0 to 100. Those first minutes I was smiling like a dumbass the whole time. Kurisu tsundereness was at full level. That was a bliss. But then the shit got really emotional, and I found myself on the verge of tears many times.

I thought Kurisu was going to be honest with his feelings to Okabe by the end of the movie but that never happened tho.
Mar 15, 2021 5:33 AM
Feb 2021
I think this movie is great. It felt so good after watching the TV Series. Maybe not as beautiful as the TV Series, but I think it was very good.
Apr 6, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
After having just finished Steins;Gate 0, I actually enjoy the movie more. It was good that Kurisu had the spotlight and experienced the anguish Okabe suffered.
Apr 25, 2021 10:06 PM

May 2020
This is enjoyable. The mystery a bit confusing but great. Okabe stressed so he disappeared from the line.
Jul 29, 2021 5:21 AM
Dec 2017
by far one of the best movies out there.

Oct 14, 2021 8:51 PM

Jan 2021
Great movie Makise got a better understanding of how Okabe must have felt continuously time leaping to change the past and whenever I get Deja vu I’ll think of it as me from another world line. El Psy Congroo
Mar 4, 2022 7:36 PM

Aug 2020
Give me back my first kiss. Damn so good

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 28, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2021
I fucking loved Kurisu in this movie....
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Aug 25, 2022 9:35 AM
Mar 2022
10/10 - as good as steins gate and steins gate 0
Sep 16, 2022 10:35 AM
Feb 2021
BazingaBazinga69
Oct 8, 2022 4:32 AM

May 2022
I think I enjoyed it more than the series itself for some reason lol.
Oct 17, 2022 12:22 PM
Jun 2022
i have 2 words for this movie, drunk kurisu
Dec 1, 2022 3:59 PM
Nov 2022
the best movie I've ever seen
May 31, 2023 2:32 PM
Mar 2021
This was a movie that all Steins;Gate fans needed tbh
Jun 14, 2023 9:25 AM
Jun 2023
If Okabe died in the accident in the Steins Gate Worldline, Kurisu would die too since no one is there to save her from being stabbed by her father
Jun 18, 2023 9:06 AM

May 2016
TurtleRabbit_Kim said:
If Okabe died in the accident in the Steins Gate Worldline, Kurisu would die too since no one is there to save her from being stabbed by her father

1. He didn't die
2. Kurisu was saved by Okabe from another worldline and not one who is on the SG worldline.
3. Even if we assume the first 2 points are not true, Okabe's death would have no impact on this Kurisu. The moment she uses the time machine she is disconnected from typical causality.
-
Oct 5, 2023 2:05 AM

Dec 2020
Yo she just kissed a kid lmao
Ok so the alternative personality play, first kiss, and why he said those things to mayuri at the graveyard but didn't know why, was all kurisus doing. Then I guess he remembered it all after blipping back after the little talk with her?

Overall guess it tied up some loose ends for hopefully an actual true happy ending in this world line lol but a fun nice edition and alot easier to understand after watching the main series.
Oct 5, 2023 12:47 PM

May 2016
Reply to Muow
Yo she just kissed a kid lmao
Ok so the alternative personality play, first kiss, and why he said those things to mayuri at the graveyard but didn't know why, was all kurisus doing. Then I guess he remembered it all after blipping back after the little talk with her?

Overall guess it tied up some loose ends for hopefully an actual true happy ending in this world line lol but a fun nice edition and alot easier to understand after watching the main series.
Muow said:
Ok so the alternative personality play, first kiss, and why he said those things to mayuri at the graveyard but didn't know why, was all kurisus doing

Well, not really. Originally he got the mad scientist persona idea from a TV show they watched together with Mayuri and came up with the name Hououin Kyouma himself. The first kiss he was talking about in Steins;Gate (that it "was not romantic" was actually with Mayuri):

[249][name]Rintaro[line]“S-Sorry to disappoint you.”[%p]
[250][name]Kurisu[line]“...Huh?”[%p]
[251][name]Rintaro[line]“That wasn’t my first kiss.”[%p]
[252][name]Kurisu[line]“Wh-Why you... You’re just a cherry boy!”[%p]
[253][name]Rintaro[line]“Shut up, virgin.”[%p]
[254]I remember playfully kissing Mayuri in elementary school.[%p]
[255]And just a little while ago, I forcibly kissed Moeka to silence her.[%p]

Back then, Okabe was talking about this, but now, on the Steins Gate worldline Kurisu changed this - but back in S;G Okabe couldn't remember this as it is yet to happen.

Muow said:
Then I guess he remembered it all after blipping back after the little talk with her?

Yes, that was the point. Because of PTSD, Okabe is unable to observe the Steins Gate worldline. He is recognized as an error for the world, thus is he is yeeted beyond the Load Region. Kurisu is giving him a strong memory, thus he can observe the world, and the world and the others will also be able to observe him. Thus he can return back to the Load Region.
-
Nov 2, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2010
Drunk Kurisu is so damn cute! Also, I never thought I would see Kurisu fanservice in this series. She looks sexy in that loose pink clothing, btw.
Good Rintarou and Kurisu kissing scene.

This was a good movie, but unnecessary, IMO. That conclusion was way too convenient. Didn't they say that any changes made have consequences? Returning to 2005 to steal Rintaou's first kiss is considered changing the timeline and should've also had consequences. This movie would've been so much better if it ended bittersweetly, with Rintarou disappearing since that is the price he has to pay to keep Kurisu and Mayuri alive. That ending would've made sense as well.
Nov 4, 2023 5:18 PM

May 2016
Reply to MizuhoKamui
Drunk Kurisu is so damn cute! Also, I never thought I would see Kurisu fanservice in this series. She looks sexy in that loose pink clothing, btw.
Good Rintarou and Kurisu kissing scene.

This was a good movie, but unnecessary, IMO. That conclusion was way too convenient. Didn't they say that any changes made have consequences? Returning to 2005 to steal Rintaou's first kiss is considered changing the timeline and should've also had consequences. This movie would've been so much better if it ended bittersweetly, with Rintarou disappearing since that is the price he has to pay to keep Kurisu and Mayuri alive. That ending would've made sense as well.
MxS7HGS said:
Didn't they say that any changes made have consequences?

No, they never stated anything like that.

Anyway, it does have a consequence: it keeps Okabe in the load region.

MxS7HGS said:
That ending would've made sense as well.

This ending also make sense
-
Feb 20, 2:10 PM
Oct 2023
Definitely a great movie. Poor Okabe not having a break evven after he saves both Kurisu and Mayushi but luckily Kurisus love for Okabe is really strong and she saves him.
Mar 20, 2:45 AM
Dec 2019
Having watched this after Steins;Gate 0, I think Kurisu really is the lynch pin for the series. 0 is not bad but it really sags in the middle before sticking the landing reasonably well. But this movie is just immediately great and stays emotionally impactful for the whole time and the key factor is that Kurisu is in it the whole time. She is a great character and has great interactions with everyone as well as being very directly useful to the plot.

Honestly, for what a big deal people make about watch order I think just watching the original stuff in release order and then not even bothering with 0 is the best way.
Apr 29, 1:09 PM

Aug 2020
Great movie. Didn't expect that kiss near the end though, nevertheless, nice.
I'm just a nobody, ignore me.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

11 by Spheromancer »»
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.