Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2013 11:54 PM
Jan 2013
Nice anime it has 13 episodes no? x3 waht ever i think is a nice anime e.e even i dont really enoj animes like this this was funny and it always goes the way it starts i love tsumiki :D nice tsundere x3
Jun 6, 2013 5:46 PM
Mar 2013
Emvies said:
I was also hopping for confession. I'm going to miss this show :/. And we really need 2nd season.Liked this episode B Part, it was funny as hell ;D

9/10 becouse had funny parts and was cute.

Well said! Same here
Jul 22, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
Fair once, and say nothing.
Aug 17, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2011
I was expecting some kind of development after the previous episode, but of course not...

I actually thought I'm gonna enjoy this show a lot more, but for some reason I didn't.
It had a cute cast (Though I actually would have liked it more if Kana and Saki were the two main girls next to Tsumiki instead of Mayoi and Hime), but the comedy didn't deliver as much as I thought it would. It was good in the beginning but got somewhat boring pretty fast.
Tsumiki and Io's relationship was cute, but the teasing (and no actual development) was kind of annoying after some time.
The OP and ED were okay at best.
I really liked the arrow scene cards or whatever they were.

I almost always like these kinds of shows. Unfortunately this one, however, had a lot of boring parts, though it was still enjoyable mostly. But even then, the best I can give it is a 6/10 :(
RazielZeroNov 19, 2013 4:48 PM
Feb 19, 2014 5:43 AM

Mar 2013
8/10 for me hoping for a season 2 cause this was the first anime that i find very very very very cute <3
Jun 6, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
Aww it ends :(
This anime is cute >_<
Will there be a second season?
Sep 30, 2014 6:54 PM

Jun 2014
I'm gonna miss this show a lot. It made me feel so happy.
BUT WHAT A DICK WAY TO END IT.
WHY YOU DO THAT. NO HANDHOLD? NO HUG? NOTHING?!
Man that just leaves me feeling empty. It hurts.
But all that aside.
I loved the characters of this show. All of them were really interesting and funny. I also liked that there was actually male friends who got along with everyone in just the same fashion.
It was cute, it was sweet, it was heartmelting and it was laugh out loud funny. I actually laughed out loud at least once an episode.
9.5/10.
NEEDS MORE.
SO MUCH MORE.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 18, 2015 4:05 AM

Nov 2009
ARRRRGHHH!
It feels like they just ignored the development at the end of episode 11 but I guess this will have to do. Fantastic series packed with comedy and fun, Its nice to watch things that cut all of the bullshit out and focus on points that they see as the strongest.
9/10 will watch again!
Jul 14, 2015 4:34 PM
May 2014
TheAnimeNeko said:
It's been 3 years! Guess there's no Season 2 after all ;(
Was a great anime 9/10
Thats not necessarily true, ore gairu got a second season 3 years after the first season, the real barometer to look at would be DVD sales. And on a side note why did you seriously expect a confession from Tsunmiki when she can barely give him chocolates without going into tsun mode.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Aug 1, 2015 6:20 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I prefer this anime more than Lucky Star.

Idk why I compared it with this one, just seems similar imo.
Sep 23, 2015 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
msrcali said:
TheAnimeNeko said:
It's been 3 years! Guess there's no Season 2 after all ;(
Was a great anime 9/10
Thats not necessarily true, ore gairu got a second season 3 years after the first season, the real barometer to look at would be DVD sales. And on a side note why did you seriously expect a confession from Tsunmiki when she can barely give him chocolates without going into tsun mode.

Very very very light change of season 2.
1st, it's a one-shot comedy anime for Seinen.
2nd, like any other Comedy , School, Slice of Life for Seinen ( GJ-Club, 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku, ...)
3rd, nothing be forever, because the comedy of "a anime" will be forgot by the times, and until a point of time, they realise that anime was bored because it was too old, they'll leave it and go on to newer anime but same catetory. (One Piece, DBZ, Conan,....)
4th, i've never see even a Author that restart his project when it was ended.
Nov 1, 2015 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
I didn't really expect a good ending. I just enjoyed watching it even if there wasn't much development. Though it did suck because I thought they'd at least be together.

Still, it's an adorable anime and it's made me happy.

9/10
Feb 9, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2012
Even after a rewatch i can say it : Cuteness overload and very funny. What else do we need?
7/10

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 20, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
RediceRyan said:
6.5/10 for lack of actual character development and for way overused tropes.

Basically this (and I'm quoting this post exactly three years after it was posted, lol). But I gave this show a 7/10.

This show had a great premise, the comedy was decent, and the romance elements were satisfying (and that comes from me who generally don't like romance). But the characters could've really developed a bit. I kinda expected some kind of confession in the last ep.!

Oh, and the OP is one the best OPs I've heard in an anime.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Dec 19, 2016 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
This was one of the most boring anime that I've ever watched. I had a hard time just getting through it at all and I was looking forward to watching this for so long too. I don't think there was a single moment in this that I found entertaining. Everything from start to finish was the embodiment of ResidentSleeper.

5/10
Mar 3, 2017 5:59 PM
Jan 2016
Just because my curiosity is piqued, does anyone know what the running text in this episode's Acchi Kocchi Kindergarten segment said? In the other 11 episodes it translated into English, but this one was not.
Jun 26, 2017 12:37 AM

May 2014
Loved this series as a whole. Tsumiki and Hime were both adorable, and Sakaki and Mayoi were both comedic geniuses. This anime was a very nice blend of super comfy moe sugarfest and well timed, well executed gags.

I thoroughly enjoyed it! 8.5/10, but rounded down to 8/10 for my MAL rating. (It doesn't quite hold up to my 9/10 scores.)

Pomf!
794Jun 26, 2017 12:40 AM
Oct 17, 2017 2:44 AM
Oct 2017
SquishedPear said:
I didn't really expect a good ending. I just enjoyed watching it even if there wasn't much development. Though it did suck because I thought they'd at least be together.

Still, it's an adorable anime and it's made me happy.

9/10

This.

Acchi Kocchi is a slice of life anime, meaning that people who watch these genres really shouldn't expect too much in-depth character development and plot compared to many other different anime genres.

That said, I'm also going to give it a 9/10 because it was adorable and entertaining to watch.

I wished the ending was better though, I felt like I didn't get a good enough closure between Tsumiki and Io, but then again the manga is still ongoing (I believe) so I understand why.

Adorable slice of life anime!
Mar 10, 2018 1:38 PM
Mar 2018
I don't know why but in my opinion the show was "okayish".
Nothing I want to rewatch and sometimes I had to force me to keep on going and nearly wanted to drop it. It was cute and had its moments though and overall was not a waste of time, but nothing which stands out for me.
May 4, 2018 10:57 PM

May 2018
Loved this series from the very beginning, was not disappointed! I was hoping to see progress on their relationship, but considering the tone this anime had taken early on, I wasn't expecting much. 10/10 would recommend as it is easy to watch, totes adorable, and hard to not fall in love with the characters!
_io_May 4, 2018 11:01 PM
Feb 14, 2020 7:45 AM

Jun 2019
Just as I excepted

Overall not a really memorable show, but it certainly had fun moments. As usual, I'm the one who ends up liking the generally disliked character, Madame Mayonnaise (Mayoi). Ok, she was annoying at times, but how she was punished by Karma or the others we're always funny.

There were also Madame Nosebleed (Hime), she was cute and all, but I felt that she did not got many moments to shine. And then, there was Monsieur I'm-so-awsome (Sakaki), he had his moments too, but the thing I mostly remember about him is his Pre-Timeskip Roronoa Zoro cosplay and the table throwing from the 5th episode.

Also, how could I forget about Konata Izumi's secret sister, Tsumiki. I loved her every time she was on-screen, and her abilities and strength sometimes made me question that she's not from a battle shonen, well let's admit, her character wouldn't be too out-of-place in the world of Nanatsu no Taizai or Black Clover...

Monsieur Glasses (Io) was the character I did not got to like the most. At times, he came off as a Gary Stu to me, that he gets all the chicks and always does everything right, also, the "He's able to spin everything perfectly with his fingers" gag quickly became old to me. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely not a Kirito 2.0, but he's "He never screws up anything, and every girl wants her" attitude was unrealistic.

So, overall, an entertaining series, but mostly for those who like, or has experiences with this generine.
Aug 18, 2020 7:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Valentine day part two, and its reprisal from the boys at White Valentine. Yeah, its still sweet af. Unfortunately, some intensed spoiler, there was no clear romance between Tsumiki and Io, only ended up with a nice teasing to each others. At least, they both had a great chemistry, sooner or later, they both could get its moment!

This show is unique.
- That constant circle and arrow visualization , pretty suit with the theme of here and there, around the place, in an endless circle.
- A kitten constant used of words were also my highlight, there, from the heroine, until the school name. What a kitty fan. I am satisfied!
- A chibi design of character. Full of moeness around the place. I can't hate it at all!
- A nice soundtrack, its cute! Even the additional scene of trio girls kindergarden was a fuckin nice too. I am impressed!
- Two MC were likeable. Both Tsumiki, and Io. What a chemistry they had there. Lol.

I think its enough. Maybe some people just mentioned it above, or add it more. But for me, thats it. This is really suit in my 9/10. No others blabbing to explain why. The uniqueness that i mention above was more than enough to fulfill my feeling.

Also, i might give this a solid max 10. However, since knewing that these kind of show still had some lack of the story progression, especially in the end, 9/10 must be enough to conclude everything. I mean, its only 1 year. At least, it needs a complete 3 years of school to made my judgement clear as crystal. Okay?

Okay, then!

Also, i forget to include this:
Mayoi poem, 2012 said:
"Iromeki, tokimeki, kokoro no meki meki"

Nyanho!
badabassAug 18, 2020 7:47 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 8:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice way to end this anime, it wasn't much overall but it was sure really cute, especially in terms of romance it's refreshing to actually see a very "moe" and healing romance like this, we need more anime similar, it's like the iyashikei of romance lol
Dec 8, 2020 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Simple but not bad. Gotta watch the 13th7_7
Mar 8, 2021 5:06 AM
Mar 2021
I want a season 2 they gotta make one at least to finish the series,
Jun 20, 2021 5:36 PM
May 2017
Very good. Io and Tsumiki form a nice couple. Cute romance, cannot go wrong.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 19, 2021 6:27 AM
Feb 2018
No kith?? I swear these anime always do this.
Anyway, still very cute, it's been a while since I've enjoyed watching something as much as this. 8/10!!
I loved the transition screens and the soundtrack was very pleasant to my ears.
Nov 2, 2021 7:27 AM
Oct 2020
6/10 Throughout the series I kind of hungered for further development of all characters. I had fun with the series but reevaluating my feelings a bit, I wanted this series to be well... Better and it could have been. It easily could have been. It just needed progress.
Jun 2, 2022 4:33 PM
Dec 2021
this is a great anime!!!
May 31, 2023 2:12 AM

Dec 2022
Pretty good episode. Loved how Sakaki held to his pig's feet revenge promise for the entire year, gloriously petty ^_^

Shaded Horizon

Aug 5, 2023 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
I'll give Saki all the chocolates in the world if she lets me fondle her boobs and lick her armpits!

This show is perhaps the cutest I've ever seen with its aesthetics. However, I'm really not a fan of episodic shows. Barely anything has happened after 12 episodes, and I don't like it. I was able to appreciate Lucky Star in the past. If I had watched this show back then, I would've enjoyed it more, I'm sure. Back then, I had yet to be exposed to many emotionally stimulating shows that I am currently addicted to nowadays.
Aug 17, 2023 2:40 AM

Aug 2019
that was a cute show. tsumiki is was the best
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2023 7:02 PM
Apr 2012
Amei, coisa mais fofa
Oct 30, 2023 6:40 AM
Aug 2021
I mean the episodes were kinda boring but it reminded me how lonely I am. Pretty realistic. 7/10
Dec 15, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2023
What a fun and cute anime series this was! Too bad it has come to an end now
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Acchi Kocchi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2012

67 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Acchi Kocchi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 10, 2012

58 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Acchi Kocchi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 3, 2012

70 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Acchi Kocchi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2012

84 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Acchi Kocchi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 19, 2012

105 by RGreatDanton »»
May 10, 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.