Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting what the budget upgrade accomplished here. The girls were prettier and the action was more intense than the TV series. I wonder if they are going to keep the same level of visuals for the OVAs?

Oh, and LOL, I know they like to make everything into a martial arts contest, but a marriage martial arts contest is taking it to a whole new level!
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 18, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2012
The ending felt pretty rushed and the dialogue near the end felt forced and awkward. Probly because there wasn't enough time. Quite disappointing how this movie was no different from the first. Akane gets kidnapped by another prince and it just feels the same. 7/10 for me. I liked the first movie more.
Sep 3, 2015 1:39 PM

Oct 2013
Great that everyone are friends at the end but no one seems to care about the hundreds of other girls getting raped by now from their "husband" guards. Even if they convinced the leader to change I doubt this will go as fast for the others...
Mar 15, 2017 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
I only liked the part where Mousse saved Shampoo, everything else was boring.
Nov 10, 2019 7:34 PM

Aug 2015
in terms of content, it's Ranma 1/2 all right. Basically an hour-long episode.
The only thing that made this worth watching for me was Nabiki in a swimsuit and giving commands.

Nabiki is my queen
I wanna be her dog
Mar 7, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Nabiki by far best girl. How does she look so hot, tho?

Production was very nice and imo the most enjoyable Ranma movie.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2021 3:49 PM

Nov 2015
oh hey, just noticed the water the prince had can turn everybody into men BUT these men around him were more anthropomorphic animals to be exact heh, i'm glad ranma and company didn't try it o.O

and yeah even the father got a look of those gorgeous firm breasts from his daughters lol 2/10. i disliked a whole lot tbh.

💢

Jul 28, 2021 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
So another damsel in distress movie, huh? Well movie Akane is even dumber than early episodes Akane from the show. The antagonist also looked like the one from the first movie with same boring underlings. Fanservice was the only thing worth watching this movie for imo.
Jul 14, 2022 6:16 AM

Jan 2018
I love the fanservice. Whoever designed those outfits definitely enjoyed going all out. Good on them.
The premise of this show is so absurd you'd think there'd be more fan service but unfortunately there isn't much. So I appreciate this movie.

I think this movie is slightly better than movie 1. It didn't waste time on new characters and instead focused more on regular characters. My favourite moment was definitely Mousse being a badass for the first (and probably the only) time. I wonder if Shampoo would ever accept him. He's not a great person by any means (nobody in this show is) but at least his affection for Shampoo is genuine if not a bit obsessive.

These movies really highlight the worst of Akane. She became a damsel in distress again, Ranma made things worse, and Akane decides she's better off with the new character and changes her mind at the last minute. Extremely bare-bones plot if you can even call it that. At least in the TV series, she's quick to reject whatever new suitor is thrown at her.

Not much else can be said about the movie though. It's pretty much a rehash of movie 1. It's a shame that Ranma 1/2 didn't get more movies. They could've made movies with more experimental setups. Not every experiment would be successful (like Urusei Yatsura movies) but I vastly prefer experimental nonsense over rehashes of existing content. Technically there's a movie 3 but it hardly counts as a movie as it's barely longer than a regular episode. I hope the OVAs will be better.

The ending theme "Piece of Love" is a bop though.
Feb 16, 2023 7:21 PM

Sep 2020
Much better than the 1st movie, even discounting the excellent fanservice. If only it wasn't the same "kidnapped Akane for a wife" plot. Could they really not come up with any another theme? 8.5/10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Mar 25, 2023 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
this movie was way better than the first one but it seems the plot of theses movies isakane gets kidnapped but guy and Ranma saves her 
Nov 8, 2023 2:43 AM

May 2015
I definitely enjoyed this movie. It gave the audience more screen time and action sequences for characters usually left out of the main plot like Mousse and Kuno while giving a few shipping moments with the girls. The animation was pretty too. A Ranma 1/2 episode powered up by a movie budget was just what I needed!

More topics from this board

» what does the name refer to?

wolfwing - Oct 26, 2017

4 by wolfwing »»
Oct 26, 2017 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.