Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2012 8:57 PM

Jan 2012
Agreed..

Starts off strong then gradually turns to shit...
Mar 30, 2012 9:03 PM

Dec 2009
dullapple said:
sorry,but if u hate it please keep it to yourself
Mar 30, 2012 9:04 PM

Jan 2012
waalex11 said:
dullapple said:
sorry,but if u hate it please keep it to yourself

sorry, but if u like it please keep it to yourself

but wait... there wouldn't be any discussion then would it?
Mar 30, 2012 9:45 PM
Dec 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
The hints don't stop it from being stupid, seriously: Did Reiko dye her hair everytime she went to school as well as completly change personalities? It just doesn't make any sense, especially how - despite telling Kouichi how they should seperate school and private life - she doesn't tell him anything when he specifically asks her for details regarding her own school life in the past in private. Also, why did nobody fucking mention that they're related if it seems to be well-known (Mei knew, and most likely everyone else)? I can't put it into words very clearly, but the whole reveal made me pretty mad.
I don't think everyone was privy to that information.Didn't someone point blank talked to Kouichi about how Mikami-sensei was hot and all. You don't really say those things to a direct relative. And Reiko never tells him anything because everytime she tried to recall something things got hazy and her head would hurt (she was dead duh). The hair color thing was a little "eeeeh", and in a way I think it was a mistake of the animator perhaps. He should have just drawn both with similar shades, oherwise it would have been obvious they messed shit up to keep it hidden.
Leon-GunMar 30, 2012 9:49 PM

Mar 30, 2012 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Nidhoeggr said:
The hints don't stop it from being stupid, seriously: Did Reiko dye her hair everytime she went to school as well as completly change personalities? It just doesn't make any sense, especially how - despite telling Kouichi how they should seperate school and private life - she doesn't tell him anything when he specifically asks her for details regarding her own school life in the past in private. Also, why did nobody fucking mention that they're related if it seems to be well-known (Mei knew, and most likely everyone else)? I can't put it into words very clearly, but the whole reveal made me pretty mad.
I don't think everyone was privy to that information.Didn't someone point blank talked to Kouichi about how Mikami-sensei was hot and all. You don't really say those things to a direct relative. And Reiko never tells him anything because everytime she tried to recall something things got hazy and her head would hurt (she was dead duh). The hair color thing was a little "eeeeh", and in a way I think it was a mistake of the animator perhaps. He should have just drawn both with similar shades, oherwise it would have been obvious they messed shit up to keep it hidden.

What? When somebody pass of remarks like "He/She is pretty hot" and she's a relative or perhaps very close, you'll remark back in opposition like "Dude wtf, she's my mother/aunt/cuz?". Perhaps culture differences, but why are you covering for the intentional change of hair shades? It was done to mask the pathetic 'twist' that mikami=reiko.
Fan of mature, dark, non-cutesy school uniformed choked fan service BS anime.
Mar 30, 2012 11:42 PM

Feb 2008
If it was a mistake, they'll fix it in the BDs anyway. If it stays this way, then it's intentional. The first volume came out yesterday, so we'll find it out soon.

I still can't believe it's that shocking and stupid. I was more mad because they look the same and I mixed them up when I watched it. My reaction was just "That explains everything." Also, is it that bothering? It doesn't even matter if they are the same person or not. The most important thing is that it was Mikami, so the plot makes sense. It's like saying "Hokuto no Ken Raoh Gaiden Ten no Haoh sucks because Raoh has different hair color than in the original"

Also, I wouldn't agree that the last episode was just gorefest. I didn't like that path they went either, but it wasn't necessarily bad. Only 10 people died there, with only two being gory, the ones Kazami murdered. One guy was "just" burned, one guy was crushed by a pillar and one girl fell and broke her neck. Kazami's death was just a head trauma, and Takako was hanged. Thus, it's not really gorefest. Only Takako and Kazami cracked due to hearing the tape and being mentally unstable. They are 15 and you can call that realistic. Everyone would do that if they were in a situation like that. But oh well, haters gonna hate.

But oh well, if someone wants to hate on something, he'll nag on all the smallest things.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 31, 2012 1:18 AM

Apr 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Because defying common sense on purpose to mask a stupid plot twist is good writing? Yeah...I get the feeling the authors just ignored stating such trivial things because they knew the Another was fairly easy to figure out. But then it's their fault for writing the plot in such a shitty way that they have to leave out such details for it to kind of make "sense" in a way that people are suprised.

Seriously, this plot device was stupid.
NidhoeggrMar 31, 2012 7:56 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 1, 2012 3:50 AM
Dec 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
Leon-Gun said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Because defying common sense on purpose to mask a stupid plot twist is good writing? Yeah...I get the feeling the authors just ignored stating such trivial things because they knew the Another was fairly easy to figure out. But then it's their fault for writing the plot in such a shitty way that they have to leave out such details for it to kind of make "sense" in a way that people are suprised.

Seriously, this plot device was stupid.
*shrug* I'm not disagreeing in how the Fourth Rule is just a forced plot device.

Apr 3, 2012 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
To me the anime was mediocre, good artwork, nice music, undeveloped characters and a very loose plot.

Could someone answer a few questions. Rei was his aunt, if I follow, which lived with him, and who, suprisingly, was also that teacher? Why did he say goodbye mother at that time while killing her? Why did the landlord woman went insane? Also, as someone said, the explanation for why the main character forgot vissiting Rei's funeral 1.5 years ago and his classmate remembered it, was because "god works in mysterious ways"?
It really was weird, by the way, when during all the episodes the characters kept worrying about the number of desks in their classroom and that old, written-all-over one, and at the end it says: "oh...the desk was actually missing from the teachers office".

I checked the character list, and now I'm more perplexed. There are two characters listed: "Mikami" and "Reiko" with different voice actors. Are they the same person ?
decayApr 3, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 3, 2012 1:12 PM
Dec 2007
decay said:
To me the anime was mediocre, good artwork, nice music, undeveloped characters and a very loose plot.

Could someone answer a few questions. Rei was his aunt, if I follow, which lived with him, and who, suprisingly, was also that teacher? Why did he say goodbye mother at that time while killing her? Why did the landlord woman went insane? Also, as someone said, the explanation for why the main character forgot vissiting Rei's funeral 1.5 years ago and his classmate remembered it, was because "god works in mysterious ways"?
It really was weird, by the way, when during all the episodes the characters kept worrying about the number of desks in their classroom and that old, written-all-over one, and at the end it says: "oh...the desk was actually missing from the teachers office".

I checked the character list, and now I'm more perplexed. There are two characters listed: "Mikami" and "Reiko" with different voice actors. Are they the same person ?
Let me answer that in order:
- In the novel it is revealed that Kouichi has visited Reiko several times in the past and was actually very close to her as a child to the point he thought of her as her mother. This is completely erased from the anime, except the last part where they add the scene word by word with him saying "Goodbye Reiko. Goodbye, Mother" which is meant to imply how heavy the action of "killing her" is to him. It just goes over the head of anime-only viewers however.

- The Hotel managers are the maternal grandparents of the kid that had heart problems (and died of a heart attack early in the story). We never find out why she killed her husband and the students in any of the mediums (be it Novel, Anime or manga) but in the anime it is implied she was under emotional instability after her grandson's death.

- Akazawa remembered meeting Sakakibara only partially and in a dream. She didn't remember the how, why or what he was actually wearing (he was wearing his Tokyo school's uniform not a hospital gown like she dreamed). Mostly most of the anime she only had a vague feeling they met before and she only truly remembered when she was already dying. It is often said your life flashes before you as you die no, and she was pretty obsessed with Kouichi (even though Kouichi gave two flying fucks about her).

- The curse started in April, not in May. In April they had exactly the right amount of seats and desks however there was a missing desk for the assistant homeroom teacher (since they didn't have any assistant teachers duh). The students obviously never find this fact out because the teachers are assholes and ignore the curse. In May, however, Sakakibara transfers in and the students ARE missing a desk for him, therefore everyone believes the curse starts with Sakakibara's transfer into the school. That's why they hammer on this subject a lot. Sakakibara's transfer and the unknown death of Fujioka Misaki are the reason for why the student never even suspected an extra teacher.

- Yes, Mikami Reiko (both Aunt Reiko and Teacher Reiko) had the same voice actress. They used a pseudonym for the Voice Actress of "Mikami-sensei" however. They also animated Reiko and Mikami-sensei with different hair colors, as stupid as that was. It's pretyty obvious that if "Reiko and Ritsuko looked the same" then they would also have the "same" hair. Ritsuko had Dark Brown hair, same as Kouichi, so obvious Reiko, all versions of her, should have had Dark Brown hair.
Leon-GunApr 3, 2012 1:16 PM

Apr 5, 2012 4:31 PM
Aug 2011
While I dont entirely hate this anime (I really like the opening theme), I found the story really boring and predictable, I have no clue why their are reviews that say otherwise.
I think that watching REAL horror/physiological thrillers (like Death Note, Monster, Hell even Denpa teki na kanojou) will ruin this anime for you.
Its like a beginners anime.
For horror beginners, not unlike Naruto and Dragonball Z as starters for anime in general.
This anime didnt keep me on the edge nor was it exciting (Denpa teki had alot more plot twists had an actual message in each episode).
I yawned A LOT and I've lost respect for the people who recommended this to me.
-ACE
May 4, 2012 9:06 AM
Aug 2011
What really ruined it for me was the fact that everyone just accepted to be in class 3-3. In real life (yeah-yeah I know this is fiction) parents would do anything just to keep their kids out of that murder class. I really missed the psychological aspect of how do teachers choose the kids for class 3-3?How do you make a decision on who will you send to the death row and who can stay safe? how do parents react to that? how would they try to hinder it ?It is not believable that anyone would attend a school like that in the first place. Other than that it was an ok show. A few very irritating holes in the background story and irrationally passive characters. Def. not something I would recommend but it was entertaining, especially the last 2 episodes. I gave 6/10.
May 23, 2012 1:47 AM

May 2012
seizonsha said:
..and considering how sloppy they researched people's chances of survival in a burning building...they probably didn't do their homework.

Late to the thread, but LOL
When I saw the last episode I was just like "Gee, let me just casually walk into this burning building and brush my shoulders like nothing happened when a burning piece of wood falls on me. I'll also wander around and call this girl on my cell phone. Herp derp~"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

538 by 0ddi_ »»
May 23, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.