Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since this series is apparently aiming at being a pure action series, this is the way to do it. Very little speaking (I regret the short interlude with the intelligence officer), nearly all movement, thinking on the go, the protagonist having to react to quickly changing circumstances, and not that much actual violence.

I also like the premise introducing a persistent physical problem; the "leaning tower" made gravity a constant foe for Mellowlink and his enemy.

After three functional but not that interesting episodes, I hope this represents the series hitting its stride rather than a one-off fluke.
Sep 16, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
This episode puts the viewer straight into the action as soon as it starts. Considering the steep angles that they were ascending and descending, there's no way someone in real life could've held on without dropping to their death.

Carradine saved Mellowlink's life in this episode.

Mar 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Sep 2016
Seiya said:

oh really? fantastic observation skills. these weird little summaries mal users seem to love to write always baffle me lol
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 24, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
Fluggyboi said:
Seiya said:

oh really? fantastic observation skills. these weird little summaries mal users seem to love to write always baffle me lol

You got a problem with me, buddy?

Mar 25, 2020 12:23 AM

Sep 2016
[quote=Seiya message=59421019]
Fluggyboi said:
You got a problem with me, buddy?

na not with you, i already layed out my 'problem'.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Sep 1, 2020 1:47 PM

Jul 2016
The environment in this episode, with the leaning tower or what looked more like an old war craft, was phenomenal. Not much talking added to such a great atmosphere.
Apr 22, 1:16 AM

Jul 2011
The leaning tower title was pretty appropriate even if I'm not sure it would be possible to walk up something with such an incline.

Also not very relevant to the whole plot but the fact no one ever bothered to recover the seemingly still intact mechs and planes still in that wreck shows how large scale the war was that this was not considered important.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 11 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

3 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 12 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

7 by FatChicken9999 »»
Oct 31, 2022 1:44 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 6 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 17, 2011

4 by FatChicken9999 »»
Sep 26, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Kikou Ryohei Mellowlink Episode 7 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Sep 16, 2019

2 by qwertybob300 »»
Nov 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 3 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

2 by The_Fylkir »»
Oct 13, 2020 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.