Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2011 1:23 PM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very nice piece addition to Tenchi's collection, The most mature one i've seen so far.

Especially that part where Tenchi wasn't typical harem boy anymore.

Nothing more to Tenchi universe left to watch now ,..
Well i think i might start watching alternative version , what was it called again ... Ryo-Ohki ? .. Same as the name of that cat-rabit ship who loves carrot above everything else hehe, i wonder where's the connection :-o
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 2, 2015 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Major prop's for people behind this. It took lot of gut's to make a serious film like this that aren't really what people expected from Tenchi Universe.

It's just shame that the English voice actor of Tenchi really wasn't suited for a movie like this. Everyone else did a good job but the Tenchi's voice actor just wasn't cut out for serious film.

Another negative about voice acting on this was that Mihoshi apparently had a new voice actor. I'm glad that she had almost no lines in this one because the new voice actor didn't have the same charm.

Besides those the only thing that nagged me little about this film was the change in art style. The new style wasn't bad but i prefer the old style way more.
Apr 1, 2018 5:24 AM

May 2012
Good movie. It was very serious and only in this movie Tenchi has a real relationship. In Tenchi in Tokyo he kind has too, but
The relationship here is also more mature.

This was the only movie i didn't had watched (or maybe i did and just forgot about it since it's been many years), but it's a worth watch IMO.
I despise woke people.
Mar 3, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
Random girl gets further with Tenchi than Ryoko ever did. After this film... maybe? Slight suggestion maybe but hardly anything definitive. Shame.
May 22, 2019 2:39 AM
Aug 2017
I remember really enjoying this movie besides the fact he was repeatedly raped while brainwashed/having amnesia (ick). Fortunately by the end, none of those 6 months happened. I also never realized it was related to Universe, which is my favorite series.
Mar 22, 2020 11:59 AM

Nov 2017
Unfortunately this is as good as Tenchi likely got. It's sad but that's the way it goes. Never had a real conclusion to this series. And there always had to be an extra character inserted to make any of it work.

I hope they sew this all up one day but we're probably 20 years too late.

At least we have bad OVA prequels to spinoff series!
Oct 4, 2020 5:01 PM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
gswelcome said:
Random girl gets further with Tenchi than Ryoko ever did.

She did have to brainwash him in order to get anywhere though. The clod would've died a virgin otherwise~

All in all, the movie was quite enjoyable. I didn't expect it to top the prequel, but it did, even if by a whisker.

The amount of screen time which Kiyone received was just sad though. Even the scenes in which she appeared in were noticeably of lower production quality. Truly a blunder, as she's my favorite character of the franchise.
Nov 20, 2021 8:03 PM

Nov 2017
Huh, I liked this movie back when I first watched it all those years ago, but like the other films, I ended up liking this more now lol.

This part of the Tenchi lore is different from the rest, from its themes and tone to its art/animation. Not gonna front, I sometimes felt a tint of sadness in my heart throughout. Good job, writers! You were able to make a fella (me) feel something!

Haruna as an antagonist wasn't bad. Not bad at all. Don't gotta be a cackling lunatic or violent murderer to be one.~ Guess she was really lonely, eh? Omd, she was voiced by Kikuko Inoue? The same woman who voiced Belldandy? No wonder Haruna's voice sounded so gentle and warm haha.

I was a little disappointed at the amount of screen time Kiyone got, it wasn't as much as I remembered and was definitely less than the previous movies. I feel the same with Sasami too, actually. *Le sigh* but what can you do?

Ohhhhhhh!~ So the one Tenchi chose in his heart was Ryoko? Atta boy! I loved the tender scene between him and her when she came to get him and bring him back to the real world.

&++ that piano piece was friggin' beautiful! Almost brought a tear to my eye!

Tenchi takes up drawing like he did in the parallel world, but then again, his dad drew when he was Tenchi's age too!~ And Tenchi and Ryoko enjoy a peaceful and quiet moment together to end the movie and the Universe series. Awesome!

Though, I was kinda hoping Ryoko would like, rest her head on Tenchi's shoulder. That would've been a nice frame to end it on
Dec 21, 2023 6:56 PM

May 2010
Man, the soundtrack was really great!
“Money can't buy dere”
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.