Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 22, 2019 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
that can hit was definitely a fatality, the sound of it holy damn
Jul 21, 2019 2:43 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, I'm a bit confused about why Jintan thought what would happen if the others saw Menma and if he would be better off without seeing her.

Are Japanese schools like that when a student is seen in a situation like Anju's? And no sight of her mother. Naruko should just get rid of her two friends. Awful people.
Nov 2, 2019 7:27 PM
Apr 2018
Is that really a thing where if a school heard a rumour like that they'd bring you into the office to question you? Is it just like a protection thing to make sure you aren't involved in anything dangerous?
Mar 3, 2020 5:46 AM

Sep 2015
That "School! AAAAAAAHHHH" moment at the start of the episode was so funny. And it was refreshing to see a genuine nose bleed in an anime for once. They still made a joke about it in the end but still.
Jun 10, 2020 3:03 PM

May 2020
Pretty good episode. The way the school was talking about Anjou had me feeling angry but Jinta swooped in and stood up for her! What a great guy! A thought occurred to me and I realized that if Jinta had not gone to school that day, Anjou would have been left all alone and she would have been bombarded with rumors and gossip. I'm glad he made up his mind. Anjou is my favorite so far I think.

The part where Menma was explaining to Jinta almost made tear up a little. She felt angry towards Jinta for visiting her parents house because she thought that it would bring up bad memories for her family. Menma wanted her family to forget her so they could not feel anymore pain about the fact that she passed away, and thats the part that hit me hard. It made me think about life in general and wonder what kind of emotional impact we would leave behind once we die. Is it wrong to want to be forgotten? Would you want to be remembered even though it causes pain for our loved ones?
Jul 2, 2020 5:31 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
It was nice to see Jinta standing up for Anaru at school. I know how it feels to be wrongly accused for something and be talked about for it at school. At least she had somebody who could help her there.

Also it's strange to see Hamtaro and One Piece (from the previous episode) being referenced by their actual names, and yet have Pokémon be parodied. Also what the hell was with the random nosebleed thing at the end? I guess the staff thought the episode had gotten a bit too heavy for people or something?
Jan 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2020
that ending ftw.

nothing really happens in this episode although it was enjoyable nonetheless.
i really wanted more on the diary instead though.

respect for jinta when defending anaru.
Jan 15, 2021 10:31 PM

Feb 2019
That was a good move from Jinta when everyone just kept talking about Anaru like she was some kind of whore. How disrespectful, especially seeing that they only heard it and had no proof or evidence. Also, it might be just me, but does it make sense that somebody saw her near the love hotel and somehow summed up that it was a student of that school? I mean, she wasn't even wearing her uniform. But yeah, good move from Jinta there.

I found Menma's mother expressions to be... intriguing. I'm not sure what it is, but she wasn't fully happy or sad when they came over. Especially that scene with Jinta looking back at her mother's face, I think that was a hint.

Seems like Yukiatsu and Tsuruko realised what could be an important piece of information, that Menma had gathered them that day to ask for advice. It seems everybody else forgot this.
May 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Dec 2020
anjou's class talking about her almost made me almost cry, and her trying to distract herself by writing what she's thinking seriously pushed me but jintan saying "LOOK AT ME" was just so much of a shock. chad move btw. that was great, him trying to distract the class from talking abt anjou. looks like anjou's friends are also worried? still dislike them but whatever. jintan yelling at menma at the end was great too
Nov 20, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2019
Not gonna lie the scene with menma wishing that her mother forgot her really got me in the feels. It's so sad to see someone who has died wishing that her mother would abandon any memory of her, all of her. The joy, the sadness, the whole experience just gonel.
Jun 15, 2022 6:58 AM
Apr 2022
Exited to know what menma wants
Jul 3, 2022 6:02 PM

Jun 2020
A ton of anime cliches this ep.. -_-. Although i'm convinced Menma just wants everyone's guilt about her to go away
Aug 7, 2022 4:35 PM

Dec 2007
i felt that a lot of the mystery in this show is connected to the events in this episode. wonder really how the anime will goes from here.

jintan is the man lol. though the scene in the class was bit cliche.

menma is just too much complex character.
Aug 12, 2022 2:46 PM

Apr 2019
the people at the school are so mean DDDD: at least jintan protected anaru

is it me or does menma's father seem strange...
Aug 14, 2022 3:49 PM
Aug 2022
I don't want to finish this serie.
Oct 26, 2022 4:43 PM
Oct 2022
aceptable, pero no creo que llegue a nada mas
May 6, 2023 7:08 AM
Apr 2023
Its just really nice and gentel
Apr 22, 6:26 AM

Apr 2024
Jinta tries going back to school and messes up again, but I'm glad he tried to defend Anaru as much as he can because she doesn't deserve to be made fun of. Truly a great friend.
May 4, 2:10 AM
Jan 2024
okish nothing to the plot just okish
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

231 by JayBlue »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1237 by Grimenio »»
May 15, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

388 by Grimenio »»
May 14, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.