Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2013 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
What an incredible series. I love how it came full circle from Goro and his father to Goro becoming a father and passing on what he learned. Amazing series.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 3, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2008
And it all comes full circle again. See ya around Goro.
Dec 13, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
It was good but I'm still pissed they skipped a lot of stuff, stuff that could have been the best thing in Major.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
Dec 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2012
Was pretty nice. 8/10

Well, that's it. I finished all of Major's seasons and OVAs. Will watch the movie sometime soon if I feel like it.

Gotta hunt for the manga now! I need to see the parts that the anime skipped ><
Feb 2, 2014 10:51 PM

May 2012
Wow, nice OVA.. but there are two more OVAs for the World Series!!! yehey!!!

EDIT: Damn, it seems like I made a big mistake and watched the OVA message before the world ova series. huhu...
rebelakumaFeb 2, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 30, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2012
Waaa. It felt like watching my own son teaching my grandchildren... Haha. Well I saw Goro growing up so I kinda felt like a mother :))) WAAAA I want mooooore
Apr 6, 2014 11:53 PM

Dec 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, just a bit frustrating. Why'd he have to break his shoulder? I get trying to end the series in a full circle cleanly, but it makes those 6 seasons of improving his pitching almost pointless. I got pissed when they started booing him in the stadium at first, until he shut them up with his homerun.

Damn, when the theme song (voiced by Goro!) started and the flashbacks played, I almost teared up........it's been a ride, Major. Thanks.
PknoctisApr 7, 2014 12:08 AM
Apr 11, 2014 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
The small details such as Goro singing Kokoro e and Izumi being voiced by Goro from S1 were nice additions to this final stretch to a full-circle ending. Goro passes on his legacy to his children and continue to play with everything he's got. Major's story has finally grand slammed and brought it all home.

I've finished longer and equal length anime before, but this one felt like an especially long journey that I would have loved to see keep going. This series was filled with plenty of emotional SOL moments as well as heart racing events that took me on a ride faster than Goro's gyro fastballs.

For Message, an 8 or 9/10. For Major, an 8.5/10.
Apr 13, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2009
That one guy in the stands was pissing the hell out of me. Goro's only allowed in the Oceans because of his father? Does he realize he's dissing one of the greatest players of all time?
Jun 6, 2014 6:13 AM

May 2013
Just finished marathoning all six seasons, the movie and the OVA in under a week. I have to admit, the sixth season wasn't as good as the other five.

It feels a little off knowing that the Hornets didn't win for eight freaking years. Assuming he wasn't injured and got knocked out before his showdown with Junior, it means he lost to him every time! I was hoping for them to show conclusive evidence that Goro actually surpassed Mayumura. Unlike his rivalry with Junior, this rivalry wasn't closed. That final OVA made it really difficult to decide on who was the better pitcher. On the topic of Mayumura, how did he end up marrying his high school baseball manager? I also wish that his kids stuck with his biological dad's last name instead of going with "Shigeno".

...that's it from me.
Jul 16, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
-sigh- Well It's Finally over watching it Timeline wise (which means i already watched World Series Prior to this) I'm Done with the major series i absolutely Loved the Entire Series, this Final Episode helped add to that love although i do still think its odd how much Izumi Knew about money and Wages and all that. but other than that it was a Beautiful ending to an amazing series!

this also Pushed me to add Goro and Kaoru To my Top Couple's List those two i just can't Get enough of them :3!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Nov 9, 2014 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
Nice closure for a fantastic anime.
Goro still being an inspiration.

9/10
Jan 8, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2009
Damn, good ending, although his relationship with his kids prior to getting back as a professional baseball player was kind of . . . Although I never figured him to be the "great dad" type like his dad was. Anyways, I really did like this extra episode, although my one question is why would they play him in the outfield? He has great reflexes but a weak arm, he would be much better as an infielder, especially shortstop. Anyways, great series overall, I will definitely miss this series.
Apr 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
I was almost in tears, thank you Major... No wonder while he was playing as a pitcher, he was a good batter at the same time. It's no big surprise he turned out this way. It was such a sweet OVA and I already plan to rewatch the series. Especially S2, S5 and the OVA's. =)
Aug 11, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
Finally over. Fantastic journey.
Aug 20, 2015 4:49 AM

Jun 2009
oh look......another injury. lmfao.

this is actually so stupid.
Oct 16, 2015 4:41 PM

Sep 2010
After reading the description and getting spoiled about the injury, I wouldn't watch this one last episode as the world series was the ending this series deserved.

But there is a Major 2nd now! I hope it will be coming out and be translated frequently.
Jan 5, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
Well, fuck. It's over.
=/
May 5, 2016 2:35 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad, we should have known that he won't quit baseball even if he can't pitch anymore.
Aug 21, 2016 11:13 PM

Feb 2010
I'm glad I started watching this series from start to end.

Nov 4, 2016 9:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
; _ ;

A sad episode, because is the last of the lasts!!!!
Dec 30, 2016 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, what an epic journey. I dropped this series a few years back because the first episode was soo full of drama and all I wanted was some baseball action. However, I recently gave this series another chance and it only got better. Sad to see that Shigeno is no longer a pitcher. I need my sports fix but there aren't too many high quality sports shows that I haven't seen. Gonna miss this show.
Feb 24, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Finally nothing to see anymore from Major. I am complete now and ready for a new challenge which Major has give to me.
Such a perfect closure from this magnificent series. I can't ask anymore, it has been a pleasure to watch Major and the great feeling I got from watching Major.
Gonna go bed now and cry ;__;
Jan 30, 2018 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
Momoko still soooo young since the start. x)
Jan 31, 2018 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
And that's it for Major huh. What a journey.
Feb 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Nov 2016
Fantastic episode.

Seeing a bit of Gorous and Kaorus life as parents and the hard work for a comeback was great.

Also loved the ending, sung by Shoutarou Morikubo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
Was pretty nice. 8/10

Well, that's it. I finished all of Major's seasons and OVAs. Will watch the movie sometime soon if I feel like it.

Gotta hunt for the manga now! I need to see the parts that the anime skipped ><
Rewatched!!

The ED song made me fucking bawl my eyes out. MoriShow is a blessing of a seiyuu. Thank you for voicing Goro. ♥

Now, I wanna see a Major 2nd with Izumi instead of Daigo.

keldeokun said:
That one guy in the stands was pissing the hell out of me. Goro's only allowed in the Oceans because of his father? Does he realize he's dissing one of the greatest players of all time?

LOL I was surprised too! Wtf? Like Goro literally played in the World Cup AND he was one of the best closers in the states. How did they NOT know who he was? HAHAHA
May 24, 2019 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know if I should be happy for this closure or not, its painfully similar to his dad's but the main reason is I grew up with Goro being a pitcher, taking that away from him takes a vital part of his character, 6 damn seasons he was mostly a pitcher but they had to do him dirty like this... I get the drama behind it but you guys couldn't think of anything else? like come on.

Lylaaz said:
VitaX said:

Agreeing with this 100%.

Anyways, just recently i watched the entire series. I would call this the last episode of Major. Im so sad it's over.. it made my eyes wet :( and Goro (voiceactor) was singing in the end... and all that had happened was flashing before my eyes while i remember how great this whole series was.

Anyways, amazing series with ups and some downs, mostly ups!!

Im glad i watched this through.

Was about to rate S6 low as well but since they adapted the world series S6 is one of my best seasons, despite the fillers they were fun, was only pissed at it cause of the possibility of not getting a World series adaptation which was the biggest highlight in Goro's career.
S5>S6>S4>S2>S1>S3
3 is by far the worst, like someone said, its way too unrealistic with the batch of players Goro took in and the fact that they were able to reach till the finals against Kaido was way too much even if Goro's a crazy mofo.

Mayuka said:

keldeokun said:

LOL I was surprised too! Wtf? Like Goro literally played in the World Cup AND he was one of the best closers in the states. How did they NOT know who he was? HAHAHA

Same here, like are they dissing the dude that won an MLB that was literally the key factor into holding the other team down with his pitches? were they not aware of his plays and how fast his pitches are that are even rare in Japan? or at a young age was able to enter the Majors? Jesus.
Apr 7, 2020 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
So, the end is come. It’s sad he was forced to leave the Major League and I didn't like that too much, there was too much drama too but It was a long and beautiful trip, at the end. Before starting to watch Major 2nd, I think I’ll watch something else, just to change for a bit.
Jul 15, 2020 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
So cool for me to revisit Major and complete this amazing journey. What a great series and such a heart warming ending.
Aug 17, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2007
the minute they said goro had broken his other arm i knew what goro gonna do, exactly as his father, and then he went to train hard for being a batter. but this isn't what really makes this OVA so good.

basically the theme and the highlight isn't about goro but his daughter isumi, only at the last 10 minutes it's was more clear - this episode is a goro's kids for episode 6 of S1, and i believe it's what made this OVA so good and special exactly as those episodes in S1.

the moment after izumi's game really made me big smile on my face, truly worthy ending for the Major series, now it's up to his children in Major 2nd, can't wait to watch it.
Apr 28, 2021 8:30 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
An really great ending to a good series, i will miss it, but luckily there is major 2nd, to continue this journey.
Oct 22, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
This was one hell of a ride on that baseball freak Goro's journey from 5 year old to becoming a World champion and now this episode with him following the same path of his dad. Onto Major the 2nd following the path of his son who'll carry his legacy.

May 23, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 2022
Finished rewatching the whole major series again and still left me crying.

Major is just beautiful.
Aug 22, 2022 4:52 AM

Jan 2020
A fitting conclusion for Goro’s story and transition to his kids story. What I like about the OVA is that it reminds me of the beginning of the series,, as it focused on Izumi while Goro was aiming for a comeback. While Major had its issues, I wish there were more anime like Major that shows the cast age throughout the story from when they were kids. A sequel series focusing on Izumi would be cool as well, though that would likely never happen due to the series’ main demographic that it targets.
Apr 12, 2023 8:52 AM
Sep 2018
BAAD ASF
SUCKED I HATEEE IT TRULYYY
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What happened to Goro's siblings??

Jsar0 - Oct 24, 2021

3 by xQcOW »»
Nov 11, 2021 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.