Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"I wanted to protect my house. This house is my castle!"
Nice job, ass-kisser.
Nov 12, 2010 11:29 AM

Apr 2009
Well, that was awesome! And, hey... was that Inuyasha and Kagome or just my imagination?

Good to know that my dog thought I'm a boss - but too late to be happy about it, I don't have a dog anymore v.v
Nov 13, 2010 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
The drawer is the same, but where did you see them?
Nov 14, 2010 3:00 AM

Apr 2009
7:44 - Gorgeous started barking at them.

Well I thought Anthology was older than Inuyasha, so I was surprised. I'm really not good when it comes to chronology related things.
Jan 4, 2014 9:32 AM

May 2008
lol I didn't really recognized them at 7:44. Just thought there was a white dog or cat.
Jun 30, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2010
Huh, so it was Inuyasha? Cause it looked like him, but I figured it was just a coincidence since its by the same artist.
I like how Gorgeous never loses his eyebrows.
Jan 26, 2015 10:35 AM

Nov 2010
There's no mistake, that was Inuyasha. Nice anime overall.
Jun 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
The punch line of that segment was right after we see the shot of a girl with Kagome's school uniform skirt and a white-haired 'dog', the wife makes sure to yell 'osuwari!' at Gorgeous.
Apr 28, 2016 7:03 PM

Jun 2015
This series definitely deserves more appreciation than it currently does. Every episode was beautifully realistic and touching in one way or another. This episode had one of the greatest comeback stories I've ever seen in anime.

After dropping Inuyasha, I'm mostly surprised by the fact that Rumiko Takahashi is associated with a well-written story. Maybe I'll finally get around to watching what is considered her masterpiece... Maison Ikkoku.
Jul 30, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2013
Gorgeous was cute.
It was funny seeing him choose who is the boss.
Oct 8, 2018 7:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I wait for more for this last episode but was a nice episode again, but it didn´t serious if not HILARIOUS!!!!! kekekeke
Aug 9, 2019 12:08 AM

Jan 2018
how is this a precuel to mermaid forest?????
Sep 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2012
Not the most amazing finale but I enjoyed it anyway. Weird they never got the magic marker off of the dogs face lol

Overall I loved this series. I really need to see more of Rumiko Takahashi's stuff. I like her style alot and these short story adaptations were alot of fun. I would have happily had sat and watched so many more of these.

A wonderful show ... 8/10
Mar 4, 2021 3:37 AM

Feb 2020
those were some really decent shorts by the great RUMIKO TAKAHASHI. Some were sweet and some were bittersweet.
Overall I really enjoyed it.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 29, 2022 6:45 PM
Mar 2019
I'm surprised no one has mention Fumi Hirano who voices Lum in Urusei Yatsura, voices the Mistress of the Boss.
Jan 19, 2023 2:54 AM

Jan 2018
Yes! The last episode FINALLY features the Queen herself, Fumi Hirano! She's the original voice actress for Lum and here she voiced Senmu's mistress Kanna, a fitting role. I wish Toshio Furukawa was here too.
ojmendez said:
I'm surprised no one has mention Fumi Hirano who voices Lum in Urusei Yatsura, voices the Mistress of the Boss.
I think it's cos Urusei Yatsura is the least popular long-running series of Rumiko Takahashi (alongside Maison Ikkoku) in the English-speaking anime community. Which is a real shame cause Urusei Yatsura is a lot better than Ranma 1/2 (at least anime-wise) and had a much greater cultural impact.

Loved this episode and the series as a whole. A lot of authors write short stories alongside their main stories quite frequently. So I don't understand why this type of anthology anime series' are not as common as they should be.

Now it's time to watch the Mermaid Forest remake.
0451Jan 19, 2023 4:04 AM
Jan 31, 2023 7:00 PM
Mar 2019
Yeah she did fit the role. I'll admit she sounded sexy as Kanna

0451 said:
Yes! The last episode FINALLY features the Queen herself, Fumi Hirano! She's the original voice actress for Lum and here she voiced Senmu's mistress Kanna, a fitting role. I wish Toshio Furukawa was here too.

ojmendez said:
I'm no one has mention Fumi Hirano who voices Lum in Urusei Yatsura, voices the Mistress of the Boss.
Jan 5, 3:29 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to abyss_will
how is this a precuel to mermaid forest?????
@abyss_will LOL I watched it also for the same reason, but it turned out great even though it's not related other than they're Rumiko's productions.
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to 0451
ojmendez said:
I think it's cos Urusei Yatsura is the least popular long-running series of Rumiko Takahashi (alongside Maison Ikkoku) in the English-speaking anime community. Which is a real shame cause Urusei Yatsura is a lot better than Ranma 1/2 (at least anime-wise) and had a much greater cultural impact.

Loved this episode and the series as a whole. A lot of authors write short stories alongside their main stories quite frequently. So I don't understand why this type of anthology anime series' are not as common as they should be.

Now it's time to watch the Mermaid Forest remake.
@0451 I'm following your footsteps LOL, I hope the Mermaid Forest is great.
Jan 5, 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was nice, the only problem I have is that Senmu got away with his affair, so it's not a totally good ending like the other episodes,
Too bad the series is over, I would've watched more if there were any :( , I'll give it a 9 because it got me hooked-up till the end and each episode had a great story,
Now it's time for Mermaid Forest, the reason for me to watch this series and the Rumic World OVAs, I hope it's great like these 2 productions,
(We got to see the Pink bunny company guy again but I was shocked with the Inuyasha reference)
DekomMar 21, 5:55 PM
Jan 27, 10:19 PM

Sep 2020
Loved the Inuyasha cameo and "Sit!" joke :). I wish they shown if they still entered Gorgeous into the contest and won. But great episode and a good ending for the series, which was a lot better than I initially thought it would be. I especially liked hearing all the VAs from the other shows again.

9 sad salarymen /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Episode 11 Discussion

Mukkura - Jun 29, 2014

7 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 26, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Episode 9 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Oct 12, 2010

12 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 26, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Episode 8 Discussion

Mukkura - Jun 29, 2014

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Episode 7 Discussion

Mukkura - Jun 29, 2014

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Rumiko Takahashi Anthology Episode 5 Discussion

MiraiLink - Aug 7, 2013

12 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 26, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.