Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2010 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With Monsley and Orlo two alike-unlikeable characters found each other.
I wonder how High Harbor will end up after the Invasion :/
At least Tera is starting to realize what an awful guy her rother his.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 25, 2011 7:20 PM
Jul 2010
When the chief spoke to the village, High Harbor's mob rule had its weaknesses laid bare in a really fascinating way. Because their 'leader' is such a coward, he let anonymous shouts control the flow of the conversation. Because so many people tried to contribute ideas, the debate flowed from topic to topic without resolving each point, instead allowing strawman-arguments and emotional outbursts dictate the community's conclusion. The chief did end up deciding something, but only by getting a rise out of territorial instincts and stereotyping the citizens of Industria who could benefit from High Harbor. He fanned the flames of war for a name alone.

Monsley came close to making a classic mistake with Orlo. From her point of view, the guy who led the enemy's vanguard suddenly said he wants to be on her side; in other words, the village's best tactician is saying he wants in on the invasion force's plan. We know the truth but Monsley only has Orlo's word for it. She should have kept him on a short leash, not sent him back to the village. Lucky for her it worked

Conan is such a motherfucking badass. He jumped off a tall cliff carrying a full-grown man, and landed into a run. Then he threw a spear like two hundred feet at a non-visible target (the space between Lana and her arm). Nailed it perfectly.
Jun 10, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2012
That would of been some ending if that spear had gone through Lana's chest... Sorry sick thought.
Jul 22, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
thisiodfkln said:
he threw a spear like two hundred feet at a non-visible target (the space between Lana and her arm). Nailed it perfectly.

Not sure he was really aiming that spear. I thought he was pretty lucky he didn't actually hit Lana.
He is a badass, but he does seem to be a bit reckless, too.
::End of Transmission::

Aug 29, 2015 9:00 PM

Oct 2012
Lana useless as hell as always.

Nov 25, 2017 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
Things are not looking good for High Harbor.

Can Conan actually stop that group of Industrian soldiers from taking Lana?

Apr 8, 2018 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Orlo is so detestable.

If everyone would work together they could have easily avoided the invasion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2018 5:31 AM

Jul 2008
Orlo is a piece of shit that will get his in the end....but how many will die beforehand?
Oct 24, 2018 5:57 AM
Aug 2018
Just how stupid is Orlo? Why would you help invaders that tried to kill you, your sister and your friends?

Well, guess he would be a perfect match for Lepka. Both are spineless, power hungry morons.

What really surprised me is how Conan and Jimsy had no problem with the fact that Dyce tried to kill both of them. In retroperspective, they should have let him sizzle crisp in that desert.

Edit: And why didn't they kill Monsley and the intruders in the pass when they had the chance?
tr25a3Oct 24, 2018 6:52 AM
Jun 14, 2019 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
This show is filled with detestable adults. I'm thinking they won't keep their word with Orlo like they did the other guy who was promised points.
Jan 30, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
dammit what's up with adults in this show!? makes me so pissed off. seriously no one would do such grave betrayal and show has been using this trope more than twice already of this predictable outcomes and feels like more incoming. At least enjoying how badassery Conan dealing with his obstacles on his way.
Apr 4, 12:02 AM
Oct 2018
Orlo and Monsley are such detestable characters. Since this is a Hayao Miyazaki project, I already know nothing bad will happen to them. The bad guys always go unpunished in his work.
Jun 7, 2:07 PM

Aug 2021
I thirst for Orlo's blood :D

It seems like they're setting up everyone being captured, and I suspect that Dyce will be the one saving the day this time, which I don't like the idea of.

Also, 17 episodes in, the animation quality holds up well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 16 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

9 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 14 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 4, 2010

7 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 4, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 12 Discussion

Veethorn - Sep 30, 2010

8 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 3, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 9 Discussion

Veethorn - Sep 24, 2010

10 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 2, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 6, 2010

12 by SlavaOlkhov »»
May 28, 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.