Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I enjoyed this a lot actually, although the ending made me sad.
Oct 1, 2010 10:30 AM

Feb 2009
This was surprisingly watchable despite the very poor art. I always wonder how com older anime look this was, it's not like artists lacked skill, but that style is a killer -.-

And the anime, well, it could be longer. I enjoyed watching it too. I liked the characters. Now I'm going to proceed onto Bronze.
Feb 11, 2017 1:56 PM

Jan 2017
I liked everything except the ending. The whole kill me or I'll rape you thing was just awful.
Feb 10, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2015
Was this a "love story between boys" manga turned into a creepy obsession anime? The chosen sequences, cut, overall direction, etc gave the OAV an uneasy atmosphere.
Nice work, Kawajiri ! And some okay musics by Kawai Kenji.

Enjoyment: 3.5-/5
Score: 5/10 If the atmosphere was intended, 6.5/10
May 8, 2021 12:40 PM
Oct 2017
its actually crazy how recogniseable some of the storyboarding is kawajiri did on Zetsuai. Very cool. I also love the character designs and the overdramatic feel, might have to read the manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2022 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
Really interesting show with lots of overly melodramatic angst, agony, and amour. If that's your thing (it's kinda mine, even if I don't usually love shounen ai), well, this is enjoyable.

Glad the consensus is that the ending is really terrible though. Docked off 2 whole points for this show, IMO. Not conclusive at all, not logical, and pretty openly rapey. Yikes.

Love the aesthetics and voice acting of this, though. They really sold the tragic parts. And this is definitely memorable, though maybe not all for the right reasons. 7/10 overall for me.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.