Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
The Kirishimas' are happy that they're going on a family trip, but Hayato catching a cold is not good, and soon the other brothers realize that he's quite sick. And Minato doesn't want to worry Uta and Waka so much, he just lies about it, with the trio of younger brothers giving their best to take care of Hayato. Even the doctor's surprised to hear that Hayato is sick, though it'd take effort to take care of the eldest.

But as the days pass, Hayato's fever only gets more prevalent, with the trio of brothers ever so worried about his deteriorating condition. Minato thinking of the worst possible outcome that Hayato would succumb to his sickness, and his urgent call back to the Kirishimas' for Saki to bring Hayato to the hospital, that was at least a commendable effort to call for help at the most unexpected. With Saki's help, Hayato finally got better after quite sometime, with Saki catching his cold.

Oh well, what an episode of close families helping each other out. Be safe than sorry.
Dec 14, 2023 9:43 AM
May 2023
Amazing episode again . I think this is an underrated gem this season. so less people watch it . the bond between the brothers are amazing and Minato being exited to help his bro was lovable . the cast is just too good man .

P.S : i want a little brother like Gakuto .
Dec 14, 2023 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
I'm pretty sure it's not just cold, it's COVID.
Dec 14, 2023 9:49 AM

Mar 2021
Simply another amazing episode I loved how cute Minato was when he was looking after Hayato I also love how sweet he was when he was concerned about Phoning Saki to ask for help while she was on a family trip and not spoil her time with her family
Reecey91Dec 14, 2023 9:53 AM
Dec 14, 2023 10:55 AM
Feb 2020
you could tell how scared they were of losing another family member bruh i cried sm this ep
Dec 14, 2023 11:02 AM
Jul 2023
An episode of sudden emotional plunge that perfectly encapsulated a child’s reality.

But the more important things are the hand drawn vehicles, a novelty of dedication rarely seen nowadays.
Dec 14, 2023 11:41 AM
Aug 2020
so the other family can not travel for one day...

it was another good episode...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 14, 2023 12:06 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man this was such a beautiful episode. After everything he’s done for his little brothers it’s so nice seeing them caring for Hayato for a change. The level of concern Minato showed for Hayato got me pretty emotional especially since I can relate to that fear of not wanting to lose another family member.

When I was in HS, two months after my dad died of prostate cancer, my mom got diagnosed with breast cancer. I very much felt just like Minato in this episode when he had that mini breakdown. When you lose people close to you, you really appreciate the fragility of life and even though it’s just a bad cold, it’s good that Minato has that for his brother.

Saki coming over to help was also really sweet, these kids have such a nice nexus of love with their brother and even their neighbors. Can’t ask for more really.
Marinate1016Dec 14, 2023 12:09 PM
Dec 14, 2023 5:17 PM
Oct 2017
Auntie Saki and Hayato look good together. I've never wanted two people to end up this much since Takagi and Nishikata.
Dec 14, 2023 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
Those bad colds happens, it takes that long to go. It was a good chapter.
Dec 14, 2023 6:42 PM

Feb 2019
that was mature of Minato to know when to swallow his pride and ask for help.
Dec 15, 2023 6:57 AM

Jun 2020
I love how cheekily subtle they were about alluding to the fact that Minato was the only one who didn't catch the "very contagious" cold because, as we all know, idiots don't catch colds lol. Another great episode.
Dec 15, 2023 9:22 PM

Sep 2021
That was a really deep episode. It must have triggered quite the trauma for the siblings.

I like how it was not your usual "One day cold" and actually evolved into quite the drama!

But I believe the trip to the hospital, while really cute, was out of place for a show that usually keeps things realistic. At least in my family, we don't go see a doctor until we're above 39.5 degrees. And there's no way a hospital would accept someone with 38.1 degrees - especially not on Saturday. Might be diffrent in Japan though.
Dec 16, 2023 3:26 AM

Dec 2022
They both tricked Minato to take Hayato to the hospital. 🤣

Ngl, when the auntie went to check if he was sleeping, it's was cute to see all the efforts the boy put with his notebook.
Dec 16, 2023 6:30 PM

Oct 2022
wtf I really wanted to know who controls the remote or whether they fight for it or not that was really important information 0/10 episode
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Dec 17, 2023 3:15 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Bisalissy
That was a really deep episode. It must have triggered quite the trauma for the siblings.

I like how it was not your usual "One day cold" and actually evolved into quite the drama!

But I believe the trip to the hospital, while really cute, was out of place for a show that usually keeps things realistic. At least in my family, we don't go see a doctor until we're above 39.5 degrees. And there's no way a hospital would accept someone with 38.1 degrees - especially not on Saturday. Might be diffrent in Japan though.
@Bisalissy
Ummm Yknow Japan has quite different medical system compare to the U.S.
Yes, they can basically just walk in the local hospital, book a number, and get treatment when the number comes to them.
It is the same system of my home country so i'm very familiar with it.
Not to mention the medical bill is almost none existent cuz the whole population basically paid for the medical bill as a country.
Usually the only cost you pay is the booking fee.

Just because U.S./Canada has worse / less caring medical system does not mean it's unrealistic , just different culture/ medical system.
And I live in Canada currently, so I know despite we have this so called "free Medicare", you still have to pay for your medicines when the doctor ask you which medicine to buy, and i also know that walk in is usually not an option and you have to book an appointment from your family doctor first, so there's a lot of extra steps/ time wasted. Not to mention you might not even be able to have a family doctor which make the whole situation worse.
Dec 17, 2023 11:40 PM

Jul 2019
I'm going to be very disappointed if Hayato doesn't marry Saki.
Dec 18, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man this was such a beautiful episode. After everything he’s done for his little brothers it’s so nice seeing them caring for Hayato for a change. The level of concern Minato showed for Hayato got me pretty emotional especially since I can relate to that fear of not wanting to lose another family member.

When I was in HS, two months after my dad died of prostate cancer, my mom got diagnosed with breast cancer. I very much felt just like Minato in this episode when he had that mini breakdown. When you lose people close to you, you really appreciate the fragility of life and even though it’s just a bad cold, it’s good that Minato has that for his brother.

Saki coming over to help was also really sweet, these kids have such a nice nexus of love with their brother and even their neighbors. Can’t ask for more really.

I can ask for more.
A season 2.
Dec 18, 2023 8:58 AM
Dec 2023
Moral of the episode: Don't catch a cold when you're old.
Dec 18, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2016
Dude... 39,4°? Nah, just end me 💀
Dec 18, 2023 12:35 PM
Apr 2015
I need a season 2! And as someone who is a sick child, I loved what they did with Minato. You become very aware of how you are impacting those around you and you are afraid of being a burden on others. Over and over again, I see that in Minato. From the first episode wanting to help with chores. Then with telling Uta off about her mom and saying how he has to be strong for his brothers. To this episode of constantly thinking about every single person and then his fear and worry just overwhelmed him. Someone on staff or the original author knows what it is like to be a sickly child and how that shapes you forever. Chefs kiss of an episode.
Dec 19, 2023 12:14 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to JaysonNnN
Marinate1016 said:

I can ask for more.
A season 2.
Another great episode. It's sad how many people are sleeping on this series. I love the siblins care for each other and how they are really close with their neighbours

JaysonNnN said:
I can ask for more.
A season 2.

Same XD
Dec 27, 2023 12:20 PM

Nov 2022
Hayato you better wife up Saki or I swear to GOD!
Jan 23, 8:35 PM

Aug 2017
another lovely episode, this series doesn't fail me.
it always makes me think of life and how precious is my family.

trauma trigger, for losing a family member.

one episode to go...

Jan 31, 1:56 AM

Feb 2021
He make a right choice when calling someone since they can't handle the situation by themself.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 23, 2:06 AM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Go Lil Easy On The Crying .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2023

51 by Nay_L »»
May 24, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2023

62 by Himitsu127 »»
Apr 30, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2023

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 23, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Episode 9 Discussion

Ten - Nov 30, 2023

27 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 22, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2023

25 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 22, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.