Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
Finally! the cooking! Pastry was cooking!
And then... the ending was turn out to be the melodramatic between Pastry, Licorice, and Leteche. My prediction, Licorice will be crying and running away without trying to understand everything.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 21, 2023 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
Evil queen like women has not quite realised you do not mess with Pastry. This ploy she has going will not end well for her!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 21, 2023 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
The best part of this episode is the end card.
Aug 21, 2023 12:19 PM

Mar 2021
Yay Pastry finally made some sweets and that end scene though was quite interesting I just know Pastry will see through the evil lady's plan and turn it against her
Aug 21, 2023 1:03 PM
Jul 2016
Count Retes is so fucking funny. She's having melodramatic conversations about hard candy with a 9-year-old lmao.
Aug 21, 2023 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
Retes's ploy to turn Pas upside down is also seen by the Hubarek House, though the plan is concocted all too well if the children are to be used as political tools, which is why he sent Licorice over to Morteln to be with Pas. While said boy himself brings Licorice to see his sweets creations in his underground patisserie, it's too nice to be eaten, though it's just candy. Even with the candy bonkas, it's a staple dessert that everyone can enjoy.

The tea tasting ceremony in Retesvale Castle, it's as much as a noble's event, as is promoting his many hard candies and giving a discount to merchants. Soon, the Lady in question shows herself and invtei Pas, and he goes alone, reassuring the rest that he'll be fine. Trying to win over Count Retes is no simpleton task, Pas has to go through the tones one step at a time, which he got her invested in his future. But despite Licorice's disdain for crowds and all, and finding Pas in the arms of Retes, she has to stand up sooner or later.

Give Licorice some confidence...
Aug 21, 2023 7:41 PM
May 2021
i really hate that leteche lady. she's so awful for messing with licorice. but knowing how pastry is, he won't sit by idly and let that happen. hoping leteche gets what's coming for her next episode
My 2023 candies:
Aug 21, 2023 7:48 PM
Apr 2023
More and more people are trying to dip their fingers into Pas' cooking.

This episode is basically a test for Licorice. It is up to her if her feelings for Pas are real and if she really wants to step up and build a nation of sweets with him.
Aug 21, 2023 7:55 PM

Feb 2019
it was obvious what the countess was doing, but pastry is too one-track-minded to realize what exactly was going on & how the adults are manipulating the situation to cause a rift between him and licorice.
Aug 21, 2023 7:59 PM

Mar 2023
Poor Licorice, she is so stressed out! Pastry was supposed to keep her by his side during the party, I wasn't all that surprised he left her by herself but it's still messed up non the less with him already knowing how shady the countess can be. Though why is Licorice even assuming he would want to be with woman as old as his own mother, the kids in this anime be whack.

Finally he's making sweets again. in before the season ends and this is the last episode we see him make something sweet this season. Next episode mentions apples, and while he still has 1 left over, I hope he ends up making sweets again soon.
ShadelurkerAug 21, 2023 8:12 PM
Aug 21, 2023 8:23 PM
Apr 2023
Finally got to see Pastry making something in a kitchen when he was preparing Ricola hard candy.

The Marchioness (? - can't remember her title) was kinda savage at the end (also the outro song never matches the vibe, and came out of nowhere this episode, but also slaps so hard).
Aug 21, 2023 9:04 PM
Dec 2019
why a anime about making sweets need this type of drama in it? ffs, that shit make me not want to watch the next episode
Aug 22, 2023 6:16 AM
Feb 2015
That's it y'all, you better engrave that baking sequence into your head because this is probably the only time in the entire 12 episodes where Pas is actually making sweets 😂

But man, the bit at the end with the devious Countess doing stuff on purpose to make Licorice misunderstand stuff, I've seen that kinda shitty plot device loads of times and get really annoyed when they use that overused method just to get a character to feel all sad and whatnot 🙄
Aug 22, 2023 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
Brioche is trying to break the relationship between Pas and Licorice let's see how pas will handle this.
Aug 22, 2023 10:22 AM

Mar 2013
They made adorable little Licorice... CLIFFHANGER!!! another week to wait... ugh...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 22, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2021
Holy crap he's actually talking and making sweets this episode. Not just for a couple seconds like the whole episode is sweets based. He wants to mass produce these sweets that's his goal. Finally this kind of episode took way too long to come around.

Not even joking I enjoyed this episode, it kept my attention the entire time.
Aug 22, 2023 7:30 PM
Mar 2021
Everyone~ We got some sweet candy here!~
I don't know why I laughing off at the last scene of episode. 😂😂😂
Aug 22, 2023 10:30 PM

Jul 2019
I almost expected some Food Wars-like reactions when the gathered people tasted the candy.

Aug 23, 2023 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
Did Pas seriously repeatedly pass out hard candy to people that have no idea what it is and not even try to explain how to eat it?
Aug 23, 2023 11:32 PM
Oct 2019
he better not hurt that girl. i mean, he already has. he literally abandoned her at the party
Aug 24, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 2022
he's a kid, literally at the height of her bosom, don't know what she's getting at
Aug 24, 2023 8:30 PM

Oct 2022
At this point Retes might marry pas herself

Aug 25, 2023 9:53 AM
Sep 2016
Adverrito said:
he's a kid, literally at the height of her bosom, don't know what she's getting at

I mean, have you heard of the expression "Ara~ Ara~" before?

Yup, it's official, MAL should update the tag for this anime the combination of "MILF", "Aunt", "Shotacon", and "NTR". Maybe even throw "Femdom" in it as well perhaps? There's def going to be a Rule34 entry in the doujin community for this title after this EP.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 27, 2023 5:36 AM
Apr 2020
Ahhh finally some cooking
Aug 29, 2023 11:24 AM

Apr 2022
Oh my gorsh, we're 3/4ths of the way into this season and there was finally fome candy-making
Sep 4, 2023 6:54 PM
Jun 2020
For someone continually portrayed as intelligent and calculating he sure was a fool this episode. Pretty par for the course in anime really, create drama where there shouldn't be by not stopping either; 1. someone else's advances. or 2. being totally ignorant of the situation and the feelings of your S.O.
Oct 14, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2022

^what is this?? well, I cant help but be very disappointed at the lack of sweets in "Sweet Reincarnation"!

His name is Pastry, but has made like one pastry, so far..

So far, what I really do NOT like:
  1. He has a pretty condescending attitude for a 9 yr old child. He acts like he is the king. Which I normally can gloss over, but everyone treats him as an adult and its so strange. I don't get this bland main character at all.
  2. I know this "fiction" er whatever, but it really is leaning into Western European culture and I just cant ignore how unrealistic a lot of this is.. Plus, WHERE ARE THE SWEETS? I wanted this anime to have a soooo much sugar that I'd feel sick just watching it. I mean its called, "Sweet Reincarnation"! I'm SO sad that its not;(( I know its a world that kinda lacks sweets, but still!
  3. Its not surprising for me to dislike anime "romance". The romance elements with the older women are very, very, very uncomfortable!
    The romance with Licorice is lame and predictable. I'm so tried of female characters crying and thinking they aren't good enough for a man, unless the man tells them they are worth something. This is the 21st century! Pls stawwwpp this! I'm bored!!!

So far, what I do like:
  1. maybe the magic elements..maybe
  2. his origin reincarnation story
  3. the dad (he seems like the only normal one)

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘

More topics from this board

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Sep 11, 2023

71 by Mushu995 »»
May 22, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2023

38 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 6 Discussion

Sir_4lpha_ - Jul 31, 2023

26 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 5 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 24, 2023

43 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Okashi na Tensei Episode 4 Discussion

Zaxphred - Jul 17, 2023

35 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.