Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2021 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It ended.

Oct 9, 2022 11:31 PM
Nov 2015
I cried when Mirai talked. But the ending was rushed. how does this make any sense timeline wise? Why was she returned immediately who was communicating to the past? So parralel timelines or something? Mirai still better be born I swear to god. Im also devasted we never got to see grown up Mirai. WHHHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!? Or past and future natsumi having a scene together. Or how they got together, it was hinted at in the OP. Or her friends all grown up. Or no aunti and grown up Mirai. An OVA would have been the greatest idea ever.

I thought it was gonna be revealed the scientist did all this. He did time travel back to the past hence why he disappeared in the future and caused a time slip so now he had to fix it. Instead it was mever explained why there was a timeslip. At the start it hinted daisuke was at fault as he liked gadgets but that was dropped like mid way. Also what was with the reporter was a reference to some famous japanese reporter. He seemed out of place.

Overall I loved it 8/10 but man this had real potential to go higher.
Jan 13, 2023 4:21 AM
Feb 2016
Nice ending to a lovely show. I do wish we got to see the future a bit more but maybe it's for the best.  Since I love the show so much I'm giving it a 9/10. Had a blast with it. i'm going to miss watching this anime. 
EmperorKaidoJan 13, 2023 4:28 AM
Apr 9, 2023 10:35 AM
May 2017
It was more than a shoujo Anime. It was a full a suspenseful drama of a 10 year old struggling to take care of a child meanwhile handling a lot of stress. It was light hearted but with great tension. Very well written.
Apr 9, 2023 10:38 AM
May 2017
ANDy342 said:
I cried when Mirai talked. But the ending was rushed. how does this make any sense timeline wise? Why was she returned immediately who was communicating to the past? So parralel timelines or something? Mirai still better be born I swear to god. Im also devasted we never got to see grown up Mirai. WHHHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!? Or past and future natsumi having a scene together. Or how they got together, it was hinted at in the OP. Or her friends all grown up. Or no aunti and grown up Mirai. An OVA would have been the greatest idea ever.

I thought it was gonna be revealed the scientist did all this. He did time travel back to the past hence why he disappeared in the future and caused a time slip so now he had to fix it. Instead it was mever explained why there was a timeslip. At the start it hinted daisuke was at fault as he liked gadgets but that was dropped like mid way. Also what was with the reporter was a reference to some famous japanese reporter. He seemed out of place.

Overall I loved it 8/10 but man this had real potential to go higher.
Mirai of the future never communicated in this timeline but won't change much. Because basically this timeline new have Mirai never time slipping. As for the time slip it happened because reality was slightly off in the region. Which allow it which was explained by Eji-san. 
Sep 22, 2023 4:45 PM
Feb 2015
The kids sending Mirai off through the time machine: "I'm feeling a bit emotional but I can handle this!"

Izumi saying her goodbyes: "Okay, this is getting pretty touchy but I can still handle this a-okay!"

Natsumi saying farewell and Mirai saying her first word ever and it's "Mama":

Like hot damn I knew I was expecting Mirai to safely travel to the future but really was not expecting her to say "Mama" at all.
Plus the fact they never brought up the question I wonder if Mirai will say her first words one day was never asked so it never was a thought for us viewers. So for Mirai to suddenly call out "Mama" to Natsumi. Man. That was just really good writing and buildup that no one was expecting to happen and it absolutely destroyed me 😂

I'm really glad as well that like some of the stuff in the past episodes that seemed kinda unimportant (Eji's holographic gun thing especially) would reappear as something that helped with the situation too.
Plus I woulda thought Onizuma-sensei would bitchslap the reporter rather than Izumi or like tie his neck back or something but it was still nice seeing her clap for Izumi. She may be painted as horrible by the students in what happened before but she still has her sense of justice and willingness to believe in the children rather than be the usual grown up and say all kids are wrong so I really liked that bit too.

Took me some time to really get into at the beginning because the characters were just a bit annoying towards the start (obviously) but as the story progressed you really do see a change in them and overall was a great story in their journey up till returning Mirai back to the future.
Jan 3, 7:34 PM
Aug 2022
There is a BIG plot hole at the end of the series where, when Mirai returns to her actual parents, it's right after she disappeared from that place. But all throughout the series there were multiple correspondence between the future Mizuki and the present one, with whom was that? best case scenario, is after she was returned the future mizuki would have to continue a correspondence like she had lost her child, where in the end, in actuality, she has her. But she would have to act like she does not have her child, to make sure no time paradoxes happen. Although I don't think in a series towards children time paradoxes were ever a problem. worst case scenario: there are two future timelines now: a future mizuki that doesn't get her child and a one that does. Really terrible!! probably won't happen. Also makes things really unnecessarily complex. Also without any further details given I would have to assume that, two compact discs are needed establish contact of any sort, so unless the Daisuek the amker of those devices has any spare In would have to assume that future Mirai probably did all by her own accord, to negate any pesky time annomaly.

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this frame from?

CardcaptorTohru - Apr 10

0 by CardcaptorTohru »»
Apr 10, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Mama wa Shougaku 4 Nensei Episode 29 Discussion

almightybismarck - Mar 19, 2023

2 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 3, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Mama wa Shougaku 4 Nensei Episode 50 Discussion

EmperorKaido - Jan 13, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Mama wa Shougaku 4 Nensei Episode 49 Discussion

EmperorKaido - Jan 13, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 9, 2023 4:40 AM

Poll: » Mama wa Shougaku 4 Nensei Episode 48 Discussion

almightybismarck - Apr 9, 2023

0 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 9, 2023 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.