Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2021 7:14 AM

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gosh this episode,,, it was a lot.

I loved how the Sakura Message performance was animated, the transition from 2D to 3D, beautiful. chef kisses. It was a really nice touch of TROYCA to replicate the stage for the song from one of the IRL lives (Road to Infinity). The bread scene between Touma and Riku was so funny I loved it.

The part with Yamato hurts "which" all of it. I'm [everything on fire in the background] Fine.

No opening theme, no ending theme, another wait for next week aaaaa
Jul 18, 2021 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
Gosh, another great episode. It makes sense that we are not getting the OP yet since all this drama is building up.

Sakura Message was beautiful! The fact that they based the animation on the lives made it incredible and the transition between 2D and 3D nailed it.

Everything was perfect, from Yuki being a good senpai to Torao and Ryuu's dynamic, to Riku and Touma's encounter and, of course, Mitsuki and Yamato's fight. I love this story so much.
Jul 18, 2021 10:03 AM
Jul 2020
this episode give me spain with silent s. it hurts though.
Jul 18, 2021 10:32 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Ahh I also loved the Sakura Message performance~! <3

I wanted more Ryuu screen time but not like this;; LOL If I have to see him get hurt later on I might actually cry xD

Looking forward to the next episode!!

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jul 18, 2021 11:41 AM

Jan 2015

I was surprised by how much cgi they used in the performance, but looks like they were saving everything for those last shots? Though Riku still had to sit up against a cgi Mitsuki lol (ngl that was kind of ingenious)

Touma comes off as such a tsundere lol. It's almost cheesy how fast he manages to switch between the two. I was kind of hoping that we'd get to see some Kinako-pan in that scene but I guess it doesn't make sense for it to exist as an in-universe product, rip

Minami laughing while covered in blood is a scary image.

The way they managed to intertwine Yamato's psyche with that of his role and then set up Yamato and Ryuu as foils through their respective lies... Tsushimi Bunta is too good at this >_>
Jul 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
An intense and sad episode at the same time. Mitsuki and Yamato fight was pretty sad, this season is getting better and better!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 18, 2021 3:50 PM

Jun 2020
GODDAMN????????
Jul 18, 2021 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
The Sakura Message concert was so beautiful and interesting to watch. I always love watching animated CGI in anime and real life concerts. It’s interesting putting CGI to compliment the singer’s performance instead of just focusing the camera on the singer.

Yamato’s intentions are still very mysterious and vague. Idolish7 group has an interesting blend of colorful personalities like innocent Riku, hardworking Inori, and funny Nagi. Mitsuki and Nagi clearly want the idol group to always get along and not clash. I really want to copy down Ryuunosuke’s (Trigger’s) quotes from this episode because he sounded so mature and wise talking about family disparities etc.
Jul 18, 2021 8:48 PM

Jul 2017
damn, it's really gonna take something else to get Yamato to spill huh? Wonder what that's gonna be

But wow things are really starting to break apart. I know it's not what was shown in the beginning but I wonder if these current events are what leads to the supposed breakup of trigger
Jul 23, 2021 12:41 AM

Jan 2016
a really intense episode! the dialogues/relationships of the characters in this show is so good,, loved how the sakura message performance was animated <3
AND ALSO THE RIKU AND TOUMA SCENE AAAA I LOVE THEM!!!
Jul 23, 2021 2:46 PM
Nov 2017
This hit me, I never thought Nagi would react like that, he's always so cheerful and for Mitsuki to be the one who starts the psysichal violence was soooo unexpected. They're all falling apart.. Poor Nagi and Yamato... Everyone ;_;

Those new guys seem like trouble but the one that helped Riku seemed nice and yet a bad boi, I love it.
Mar 2, 2022 2:29 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another great performance.

Wow. Mitsuki totally lost his temper with Yamato.

SerafosMay 27, 11:31 AM
Jan 28, 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
Late to the party since I waited to watch this, but this episode was so reminiscent of something that happened in my own friend group that broke us up. So, the entire fight between Mitsuki and Yamato hit me harder than anything.
Sometimes simplicity is greater than complexity

More topics from this board

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 9 Discussion

KarenShirotori - Aug 29, 2021

15 by pendr4gonz »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 13 Discussion

KarenShirotori - Sep 26, 2021

25 by AniStrawberry »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:16 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 12 Discussion

Dorayakisama - Sep 19, 2021

21 by AniStrawberry »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:20 PM

» the 13th episode

flaresherbert - Jan 29, 2023

2 by RhythmicJustice »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 4 Discussion

Dorayakisama - Jul 25, 2021

11 by hanyuhi16 »»
Mar 12, 2022 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.