Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 2, 2021 10:57 AM
Jun 2021
Will Vanitas really die in the end? what do you guys think about it? do you guys have theories or anything? Please participate in this discussion! I am disheartened by even the thought of him dying hahah.
Jul 2, 2021 11:06 AM
Oct 2020
I think them telling us the ending probably means that there’s another catch we aren’t aware of.

Maybe he needs to be killed for some story reason? Or maybe it’s his idea in the first place and he’s sacrificing himself? Or maybe he really turns evil somehow or is corrupted and it’s the only way?

Could be a bunch of things. It’s these questions of why that make it interesting. I think giving away the ending is a risky storytelling device, but it can turn out well if done right. And I doubt the author would make the mistake of doing it without reason.

I haven’t read any source material or know anything about the story. Just my thoughts on it.
Jul 2, 2021 11:08 AM

Oct 2016
Having read Pandora Hearts...nope, no theory at all. I'd sooner hack into the Pentagon than make an accurate prediction of Mochizuki's work.
Jul 2, 2021 11:08 AM

Oct 2020
Maybe in the end Vanitas turns out to be a book.
Jul 2, 2021 11:09 AM

Dec 2018
Well I dont believe for even a second that he is human seeing how he did not die this episode but other than that it was a pretty standard 1st episode for a show so I think I will need a bit more information before saying anything else.
Jul 2, 2021 11:11 AM

Oct 2016
Nobara98 said:

Mochizuki with a running gag on anthropomorphic inanimate object protagonists? Interesting thought.
Jul 2, 2021 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
I think he will, if you have read Mochizuki Jun's other work i.e Pandora hearts. You know this will happen and Noe will be the storyteller from what I have read which is just 1 chapter lol. But I'm basing this solely on PH.

So based on previous track record I'm pretty sure this will be the same case here
Jul 2, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2020
Considering its from jun , no theories at all... And about vanitas he is human but not a average human as he claims to be.. (I mean the fall should be more then enough for people to guess that)
Tbh something similar took place in PH and when the plot twist kicked in, It left me and many others shocked for literally like 10 minutes atleast while reading and i was in that state for days for like how?
Vanitas death is revealed but everything behind it is not and anime will only cover the first dot sadly since the manga is not even at that point yet..
Jul 2, 2021 11:47 AM
Mar 2021
rayririna111 said:
Will Vanitas really die in the end? what do you guys think about it? do you guys have theories or anything? Please participate in this discussion! I am disheartened by even the thought of him dying hahah.

If you haven't read the manga, actually in chapter 1 of the manga, there is foreshadow/memory/or whatever you may call of Vanitas said, "Noe, I won't die, Noe, even if I am no longer here."

I don't think Noe is lying when he said he killed Vanitas So you can assume he died but not "died" like what we maybe think.
Alice0006Jul 2, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2, 2021 12:06 PM
Jun 2021
Alice0006 said:
rayririna111 said:

If you haven't read the manga, actually in chapter 1 of the manga, there is foreshadow/memory/or whatever you may call of Vanitas said, "Noe, I won't die, Noe, even if I am no longer here."

I don't think Noe is lying when he said he killed Vanitas So you can assume he died but not "died" like what we maybe think.

I totally forgot about that- it's been forever since I last read manga, and I'm not up to dated with it, but I don't mind spoilers at all. might start it again hahah
Jul 2, 2021 12:07 PM

Oct 2016
234Mannan said:
And about vanitas he is human but not a average human as he claims to be.. (I mean the fall should be more then enough for people to guess that)

I thought it was pretty obvious from the way Vanitas reacted afterwards that it was Noe who helped him survive that fall. Dunno if Vanitas could've survived by himself but he sure wasn't expecting to do so in that manner.
Jul 2, 2021 12:10 PM
Jun 2021
Nobara98 said:

whaaa. that possibility is quite interesting
Jul 2, 2021 12:13 PM
Jun 2021
Mq84jdk said:
I think them telling us the ending probably means that there’s another catch we aren’t aware of.

Maybe he needs to be killed for some story reason? Or maybe it’s his idea in the first place and he’s sacrificing himself? Or maybe he really turns evil somehow or is corrupted and it’s the only way?

Could be a bunch of things. It’s these questions of why that make it interesting. I think giving away the ending is a risky storytelling device, but it can turn out well if done right. And I doubt the author would make the mistake of doing it without reason.

I haven’t read any source material or know anything about the story. Just my thoughts on it.

interesting, indeed! though I hope he somehow survive in the end.
Jul 2, 2021 12:18 PM

Mar 2020
Germs_N_Spices said:
234Mannan said:
And about vanitas he is human but not a average human as he claims to be.. (I mean the fall should be more then enough for people to guess that)

I thought it was pretty obvious from the way Vanitas reacted afterwards that it was Noe who helped him survive that fall. Dunno if Vanitas could've survived by himself but he sure wasn't expecting to do so in that manner.
Yup That and considering vanitas past as well imo. That is why he might have survived the fall.
Jul 2, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2016
I think he'll die physically, but he'll probably continue existing somehow. Probably, through Noé's memories
There's a speech from Vani in Noé's monologue in the first chapter - that the anime cut - that really summarizes what I think will happen:
AyaTeyamaJul 2, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 2, 2021 6:25 PM
Nov 2020
Ummmm the Op and the music through your the whole thing is great in my opinion I think it compliments the show
Jul 3, 2021 5:01 AM

Oct 2020
Germs_N_Spices said:
Nobara98 said:

Mochizuki with a running gag on anthropomorphic inanimate object protagonists? Interesting thought.
We need a twist ending :D
Jan 21, 2022 1:53 PM
Jan 2022
Mq84jdk said:

doesnt matter, he died means he trash and the whole plot become trash.

we waste time following long ass story just to know he's dead.
it doesnt make things interesting, it making things stupid.

there is nothing about killing character done right, just like death note, AOT, ANIME akame ga kill.
none of that make sense.

his death is so stupid, when light yagami was arguing with the police, i could not believe there's such a fucking naive police in the force.

man your story suck, just like you fans.
Jan 21, 2022 2:02 PM
Jan 2022
AyaTeyama said:
I think he'll die physically, but he'll probably continue existing somehow. Probably, through Noé's memories
There's a speech from Vani in Noé's monologue in the first chapter - that the anime cut - that really summarizes what I think will happen:
who the fuck cares if he lives in someone else's memory? he died, means he fucking trash.

and he died, he no longer here? then he died, simple
his body not functioning means he's dead.

means he's trash, no matter what shit he said, i wont die even im no longer here, yeah? what you gonna do punch me? no you cant you're dead.

Jan 21, 2022 2:04 PM
Jan 2022
Alice0006 said:
rayririna111 said:

death is death, what you gonna do with no body? you no longer here, you does not matter, you're trash.
if im banging your sister and accidentally killed you, you said i wont die, even im no longer here, would that stop me banging your sister? no you a fucking failure in the end.
Jan 21, 2022 9:54 PM
Mar 2021
trashanimehater said:
Alice0006 said:

death is death, what you gonna do with no body? you no longer here, you does not matter, you're trash.
if im banging your sister and accidentally killed you, you said i wont die, even im no longer here, would that stop me banging your sister? no you a fucking failure in the end.

Why you are so salty, and what's wrong with your example XD lol, this is supernatural anime, anything can happen
Jan 21, 2022 11:51 PM
Jan 2022
Alice0006 said:
trashanimehater said:

Why you are so salty, and what's wrong with your example XD lol, this is supernatural anime, anything can happen
u mean like pandora hearts? where the MC died? he died, even if he got reincarnated, he's dead in his previous life. means he's trash
Jan 22, 2022 1:37 AM
Mar 2021
trashanimehater said:
Alice0006 said:

u mean like pandora hearts? where the MC died? he died, even if he got reincarnated, he's dead in his previous life. means he's trash

That's not what is in my imagination, but in the end I don't know since I am not the author, I am talking about possibility.
It's funny how your name and what you said really match, you say trash all the time 😂😂
Aug 16, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
OMG when I started reading the manga I thought about stopping immediately at the beginning after hearing the MC will die
But after the first volume I decided to continue because I believed he will not "really die" or maybe there will be some conclusion/plot twist at the end

But when I read all the comments here it seems like the sensei is a "mean" person who likes to kill her characters 🙁 So maybe it is better to drop the manga to avoid a massive heartbreak

I have never read Pandora Hearts. Does the MC really die at the end or what is happening? I also heard something about reincarnation?

More topics from this board

» Dubbed versions

Vanitas_BMkin - Jun 4

2 by Reevansingh21 »»
Jun 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.