Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Aug 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a spectacular finale! Yakumo dies and Mushra goes to Earth to live as an Enterran again and see the result of his work. To anyone confused about what Yakumo means with Shinzo at the end: it means heart and mental image in Japan. She was talking about that, not a human refuge like in the first timeline. Upon death, Yakumo became part of Shinzo. I even know why Lanancuras has different roles in the first and second timeline. In the second timeline he never used up a lot of energy to control the war, and while he was completely dormant in the first timeline, he was about to break free in the second.

Overall, it was a pretty good anime. Very underrated and one of the best anime from Winter 2000 along with Boogiepop Phantom and Popee the Performer. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 1, 2023 5:54 AM

Feb 2010
I presume both of these things were done to better parallel Journey to the West, but the fact that the other guardians helped Mushra otherwise he couldn't win, and the fact that Sago and Kutal and therefore Mushrambo weren't relevant in the final battle all annoy me. That said, the idea that Mushra was the guardian who gave up immortality to save Earth is cool. Overall I feel like the end of the series was not executed too well, with the final fight being so many episodes and all the build up to it having to be explained during it, making it feel more retrospective. That said, I still think the series was quite enjoyable overall, especially back in 2000.
I'll agree on a 7/10.

Pros: The Enterrans and Encards are cool concepts and executions.
Mushrambo and the plot twists associated with him were awesome.
A lot of great character and creature designs, transformations included.
At the end of the day almost everything was explained and I would argue even made sense.

Cons: Made sense yes, but not always the most satisfying explanations.
A lot of the fun ideas ended up being discarded before their full potential was realized.
Most fights were pretty low quality by comparison to modern-day animation standards.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushrambo Episode 23 Discussion

Nurguburu - Jun 23, 2021

1 by trampler8324 »»
Yesterday, 3:02 PM

» Mushrambo/Shinzo - Eng Sub ???

-SeRg- - Apr 6, 2008

17 by waserf »»
Mar 19, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Mushrambo Episode 30 Discussion

Nurguburu - Jul 1, 2021

1 by CrogLatte »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:56 AM

Poll: » Mushrambo Episode 26 Discussion

Nurguburu - Jun 28, 2021

1 by CrogLatte »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Mushrambo Episode 24 Discussion

Nurguburu - Jun 26, 2021

1 by CrogLatte »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.