Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2021 8:26 AM
May 2020
I want to discuss what isekai is best/better and why. I want to share view points on things like the world building character development and ect. Of all the isekai you(the people(members)) have seen and or read, tho I would prefer if the debate was based on anime-anime, and not anime-manga, I would prefer, but I still approve, usually manga gives more info, so more debating, which is fine with me.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 7, 2021 6:20 AM
Dec 2020
Re:zero. Read my review on season 2 part 2 for my reason.
Apr 7, 2021 12:30 PM
Aug 2018
I want to discuss what isekai is best/better and why. I want to share view points on things like the world building character development and ect. Of all the isekai you(the people(members)) have seen and or read, tho I would prefer if the debate was based on anime-anime, and not anime-manga, I would prefer, but I still approve, usually manga gives more info, so more debating, which is fine with me.

My favorite Isekai keeps changing so in the future it might be another series.

For anime it would be Log Horizon. This is because, in my opinion, Log Horizons world building is really well done. I also enjoy the character development, especially Akatsuki and Minories.

For manga is would probably be Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu. Its just a simple story of a girl who can travel back and fort from this world and a fantasy world, but I just enjoy it. Its not to complicated yet it still takes small dips into politics, economics and even medcine. The capable female main character is also a good thing. Oh and also, almost no lewding!

Apr 7, 2021 1:56 PM
May 2020
I'm glad you 2 decided to tag along, and as for me, I dont really have a favorite. Basically for the same reason as dutch, but in terms of statics, it would be Slime-kun, theres amazing world building, attractive girls(female monsters), a up and coming op character, and interesting interactions with other characters. And this will summarize why slime https://youtu.be/YsJ4aguEcNk, btw, I dislike season 2 part 1, but still looking forward to part 2
Apr 7, 2021 2:01 PM
May 2020
Animelord_16 said:
Re:zero. Read my review on season 2 part 2 for my reason.
like other animes, I dont plan on watching until its done-done, but I have seen the first season a while back, it wasnt "horrible", but I didnt enjoy it either
Apr 7, 2021 5:52 PM
May 2020
Another good isekai would be no game no life(becuase of the intelligent flexes), and the last would be overlord, which also has a number of flexes and world building, but above all else, the plot is a bit unique and interestingly good despite the good guy also being the bad guy.
Apr 12, 2021 7:08 AM
Aug 2018
NGNL is rather good. Really hope we will one day get a second season
Apr 17, 2021 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
For the best isekai anime, I think it's NGNL. The story, characters, art, and sound still hold up and I still believe in season two... For LN, personally, it's Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou. The story is good for an isekai and there is an actual plot. An isekai protagonist with a goal. Also, there are good waifus. For manga, I think Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! is hilarious and the art is surprisingly good. The joke gets a bit overused and it's annoying sometimes but it's just solid and funny.
Apr 18, 2021 2:33 AM
May 2020
Cool, but I doubt those 3 can beat overlord and/or TenSura
Apr 18, 2021 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
Sonic5625 said:
Cool, but I doubt those 3 can beat overlord and/or TenSura

Slime is on a whole other level of Isekai quality, and overlord is just overlord. Still Mushoku Tensei would beat them easily.
Apr 18, 2021 9:38 AM
May 2020
I doubt that, im sure overlord would be second only to TenSura, and mushoku tensei has yet to earn my respect.
Apr 19, 2021 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
Rezero is for me the best isekai the way it tells such a compelling story is unlike any other isekai I've watched
Apr 20, 2021 4:21 AM
May 2020
EnvyA5 said:
Rezero is for me the best isekai the way it tells such a compelling story is unlike any other isekai I've watched
yeah, I know after seeing the first ep, that it was more realistic, cause in the anime he dies so many times and must learn from each one, but it doesnt go well with me. So, I dont like it that much. Still respect it for being more life like and a isekai tho.
Apr 20, 2021 7:47 AM
Aug 2018
Sonic5625 said:
EnvyA5 said:
yeah, I know after seeing the first ep, that it was more realistic, cause in the anime he dies so many times and must learn from each one, but it doesnt go well with me. So, I dont like it that much. Still respect it for being more life like and a isekai tho.

My opinion on RE is so similar to yours that its almost scary
Apr 20, 2021 5:46 PM
May 2020
ThatDutchOtaku said:
Sonic5625 said:

My opinion on RE is so similar to yours that its almost scary
Great minds, am I right?
Apr 20, 2021 5:51 PM
May 2020
So setting that aside for now. Can we, my fellow weebs and otaku's,admire the beauty and potential of the max level witch anime that aired last week.
As well as be disappointed how to not summon a demon lord season 2 will only be 10 eps, and is a bit disappointing so far, the first ep was more of a hen-toy than that elf sister and brother ep from season 1.
Oh and iruma-kun is back and I'm excited to see what the h3ll happened to him in the last ep of season 1.
Apr 22, 2021 12:21 AM

Feb 2013
My favorite is Yakuza Reincarnation, it just is superbly well done and fun. It feel like an old school action manga with badass mc but with the good parts of isekais, just perfect.

By the way this manga as well as one of my others favorites, Fabiniku, are not on the list on the main page
Apr 24, 2021 3:39 PM
May 2020
Kayoshio said:
My favorite is Yakuza Reincarnation, it just is superbly well done and fun. It feel like an old school action manga with badass mc but with the good parts of isekais, just perfect.

By the way this manga as well as one of my others favorites, Fabiniku, are not on the list on the main page
is it also a anime?
Apr 25, 2021 1:21 PM

Feb 2013
Sonic5625 said:
Kayoshio said:

is it also a anime?

Definitely not, but it could make a very good one
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Recommend me some guilty pleasure Isekai

Nero_Moonlight - Feb 25

4 by YayakoChii »»
May 6, 1:25 AM

» Searching for a specific isekai where mc is reincarnated to an island.

61969 - Dec 30, 2023

6 by YayakoChii »»
May 6, 12:59 AM

» What to do if I want to find a very specific manga?

61969 - Jan 12

1 by red1130 »»
Apr 3, 10:29 AM

Sticky: » Staff Recruitment

TEMPEST_RIMURU - Jan 14

3 by anymore4u »»
Mar 6, 7:25 PM

Sticky: » Changelog

TEMPEST_RIMURU - Feb 2, 2019

5 by TEMPEST_RIMURU »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.