Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2020 7:17 AM

Sep 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

----------------------------------------

Although it is not connected in the least to the previous episode and there is not even a modicum of action, I really enjoyed the plot that presented a story that is not particularly original but still interesting to follow. The script compared to the previous one, is more adherent to the context of the present day, just see one of the protagonists who uses a tablet to search for the destination in which to arrive, while in the first, the context was typical of those anime series of the eighties and nineties, with technology that seen years later they seem a little antiquated or not as widespread as that of robots. Although the narrative used a classic stratagem to induce the spectator to cry, it was enjoyable and gave space to characters not always much told in the "Memories of phantasm" series. But the nice thing, I repeat, is having found other material related to the Touhou Project. Quality of drawings better than the previous episode, animations on sufficiency. If other episodes of this anime series arrive, I will be well willing to watch them, in the end I liked them, although there were no Reimu and Marisa as protagonists. Eheheheheheh !!!

P.S. If more OVAs arrive, I'll be ready to create more discussions here in the MAL database, see you next time! ;)
Terrablu2018Jun 27, 2020 7:26 AM
Jun 28, 2020 9:49 PM

Mar 2016
I really do hope they continue with this. The whole Covid19 situation would definitely hurt the continuation of this and the other Touhou Project series, including Memories of Phantasm (still not added to MAL for some reason).
Jul 1, 2020 12:49 PM

Sep 2018
Ryuseishun said:
I really do hope they continue with this. The whole Covid19 situation would definitely hurt the continuation of this and the other Touhou Project series, including Memories of Phantasm (still not added to MAL for some reason).

I also hope that the pandemic from Covid-19 in Japan does not affect the situation in Animation studies much. However the series "Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm", was already present in the MAL database but then it was removed, in fact in the past I was already commenting on it here on MAL, then it vanished into thin air, what a pity!

P.S. The reason the anime series was eliminated, I remember reading it somewhere here on MAL, but now I don't remember where.
Jul 2, 2020 4:25 AM

Mar 2016
Terrablu2018 said:
Ryuseishun said:

I also hope that the pandemic from Covid-19 in Japan does not affect the situation in Animation studies much. However the series "Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm", was already present in the MAL database but then it was removed, in fact in the past I was already commenting on it here on MAL, then it vanished into thin air, what a pity!

P.S. The reason the anime series was eliminated, I remember reading it somewhere here on MAL, but now I don't remember where.

I sorta remember seeing that a while back, but I didn't like the inconsistencies of those rulings. I don't remember what exactly or where it is now, though.
Aug 12, 2020 6:35 PM

Mar 2019
it was an interesting OVA! i always like seeing people give the secret sealing club girls some love, so any doujin works with them is good in my eyes. i wasn't too sure about giving sanae a sister since it's not very common in fanworks, but this worked surprisingly well. made me tear up a bit even. the art style was a bit more on the simple side this time, but it made up for it by having beautiful backgrounds and colors. the moriya/suwa shrine is gorgeous.
the only nitpicks i have about this episode was the lore regarding suwako and kanako, as far as i'm aware both are the touhou versions of moreyashin and takeminakata/yasakatome respectively, so seeing them treat both goddesses as separate deities from their source got me quite annoyed. yes i know it's a doujin work, so it's not anything official, it just bothers me when there's canon facts stated and fans ignore them when writing, especially for content that takes itself more seriously.
also how did maribel even obtain the gensokyo chronicles? from the ending with renko going "this proves the contents of this book is the truth!" made me think like, in this world does touhou exist as game series too? lol
the subs i watched this with were fucking awful though lol, had to put my japanese listening skills to actual use for once.
it's got it's flaws compared to the first OVA for sure, but i'm hoping for future works they'll improve on that! please animate more cute maribel and renko moments.

Feb 28, 2021 1:10 PM
May 2020
can any one tell me how many days does this series take to release a new episode after a new episode is released? is the time fixed and regular?
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 PM

Dec 2014
So Touhou is basically an Isekai?
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Mar 7, 4:59 PM

Feb 2021
Dunno if this is the thread for the Sanae episode but I will comment here anyway.

That was very touching. I can't imagine the immense guilt Yayoi feels for not only neglecting his family and sitting out on her grandpa's funeral, she also couldn't meet her dearest sister for the last time. And if that's not enough, she has to continue living realizing that not all memories of her childhood were bad, there were happy times as well. There aren't action scenes but I believe the greatest stories don't need flashy fighting scenes to be amazing.

Though I'm not sure how accurate the episode is to Touhou lore, as a standalone episode this gets a 5/5 from me.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

More topics from this board

» Is this finished or not?

Francis_0 - Jul 13, 2021

5 by davee_jones »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:32 AM

» New PV for Episode 3 after 4 years

kizumi91 - Dec 24, 2021

4 by bondtux »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:22 AM

Poll: » Hifuu Katsudou Kiroku: The Sealed Esoteric History Episode 1 Discussion

Hershel_Layton - Apr 20, 2018

8 by Terrablu2018 »»
Jun 27, 2020 6:12 AM

» wat is dis

aweeb - Feb 7, 2018

20 by GrimAtrament »»
Nov 17, 2018 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.