Forum Settings
Forums

Why Hasn't Gun Gale Wars been Approved Yet?

New
Apr 14, 2020 1:34 PM
Aug 2013
I want to add it to my list. Its finished publishing, so why isn't it on yet?
Apr 20, 2020 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
This is a list of all the manga/light novels that are currently pending, awaiting moderator approval: https://www.seanbr.com/mal_unapproved/manga

It could take months or even years for anything submitted to be approved.
Apr 20, 2020 11:23 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@StormSky92 Gun Gale Wars was approved almost a week ago, so not sure why you're bumping this thread now :'D

On that topic: Part of the reason that list is so long is because we keep getting ineligible submissions or entries which are already in the database. It would help us a lot if people took some time to search the database before assuming it hasn't been added yet.

For example, just because "Choroidesuyo Onigoroshi-san!" doesn't appear in the All search on the top-right, doesn't mean it isn't already in the database with its correct romanization and easily found: https://myanimelist.net/manga.php?q=Choroidesuyo%20Onigoroshi-san!

6.3K entries have been handled in the last 7-8 months. That's pretty amazing actually. As always, if you'd like things to be approved faster, it'd help if everyone followed the guidelines:

Manga Guidelines said:
I.3 Submissions Etiquette
Please observe the following when adding new manga to the database. It will help your submissions be approved faster.
    I.3.1 Ensure your submission does not fall into one of the following:
    • Unpublished webtoons: webcomics released on independent digital platforms which do not belong to reputable publishing companies (e.g. pixiv, Naver). When a reputable publishing company in the country of origin prints and distributes bound volumes of the webcomic, then the published version will be added.
    • Comics created for markets other than Japan/Korea/China.
    • One-shots already compiled into bound volumes.
    • Artbooks, series guides, reference materials, picture books, and animanga.

I.3.2 Search carefully to be sure the manga is not already in the database or waiting in the queue.
    Try searching the Japanese title, only one to two words of the title, and known synonyms.

I.3.3 Complete as many fields as possible.
    At minimum, you should be able to add a title, image, and at least two pieces of other information (e.g. genres, magazine, status). Entries without the minimum information may result in an automatic denial.

I.3.4 Include links to any supporting evidence for the entry information in the "Additional Info" field.
    For example, image of the volume's Table of Contents, link to MAL News, creator's blog/Twitter, etc.

I.3.5 Censor NSFW images following guides detailed in Section II.4.b. Uncensored images may result in an automatic denial.

I.3.6 Do not submit the same addition more than once. This will only serve to slow the rate of acceptance rather than improve it.
    If you received an image error upon submission, don't worry, it has been submitted.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

135 by SurgingSoulZX »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7710 by Alexioos95 »»
8 hours ago

» Conditions for approving Manhwa

MagicFlier - May 20

3 by Alexioos95 »»
May 21, 10:12 PM

» Add THE SECRET SHOGUN manga

Old_School_Akira - May 21

1 by Alexioos95 »»
May 21, 8:07 AM

» I request a modification of the Manga "Sakamoto Desu Ga?" DB

djoveniscooked - May 19

2 by Alexioos95 »»
May 19, 10:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.