Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing how gorgeous it is (even the 3D blends well), it seems that Tomino hit the jackpot with this reanimation of Byston Well. The only bad point I noticed was the big gaps between sentences and lips movement's end.

As usual, the audience is thrown in the action and has to rely on little things in the dialog. One of the old man's quirks I love. Of course, the hero is half-breed again, and naturally the ennemy will be someone coming from our world (Japan this time). Let's hope, story wise, that it doesn't fall apart like the middle+ of Dunbine or ends up inconsequential like Garzey.

5/5 Incredible first episode to grasp peoples interest. (although it might have been too long for a 6OAVs long series)

@CodeBlazeFate May I invite you to check a few scenes, just to see how much technical means the guy was receiving from Sunrise/Bandai without a problem, after Brain Powerd?

@CondemneDio It's usual Tomino fair: the "old man" will never consider his audience stupid enough to hand it everything explained and literally told (no matter how dumb or intelligent his universe and story are). It's telling things through situations, dialogues and behaviours.
Rei_IIIFeb 26, 2020 8:02 AM
Jan 21, 2020 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
So confused. The anime does a poor job with world building and conducting information to the viewer.
Mar 17, 2023 5:59 PM

Sep 2020
This episode (and at least the next 2 since there are no threads apparently) go way too fast. I had no problem with the original series but this one hurts my head trying to keep up with who's who and what's what.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rean no Tsubasa Episode 6 Discussion

AleksVin - May 22, 2016

4 by SlammyHammy »»
Mar 18, 2023 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.