Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I thought the ending was just beautiful. One of the best I've ever read in a manga. Though part of me kind of wanted it to be happy, a happy ending could not have been this good.

It is kind of hard to believe that Mitsuya is not descended directly from Yoshimistu, but instead from Yuriko. Of course, Yuriko and Yoshimistu do look just alike.

And I thought the characters were all aged up well. They looked their ages but still looked like themselves as well (and they didn't grow 2 feet taller, like in some manga).

I was sad when I heard that Jin had died in such a pointless conflict. And I started crying when I read that he had carried the chess piece with him everywhere. But I think he lived longer than he had in the original timeline (before Mitsuya changed things). Mitsuya really changed his outlook on life. It is such a hopeful ending, that we can choose to be happy despite the bad in our lives.

I have so many thoughts on this series, but I'm going to try to keep it short.

But did anyone else notice that the last volume is a more dramatic repeat of the first volume? A lot of the same things happen, like Mitsuya taking a hit from Jin to defend someone else.
KaikoMay 3, 2016 8:13 PM
Nov 9, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2020
That was a fine ending to a series I don’t really care for. Just too melodramatic for me. Although, full props to the author for giving us a kiss instead of leaving it hanging at the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite couple?

Kaiko - May 4, 2016

1 by BakaEmechi »»
Feb 8, 2019 4:20 AM

» Golden Days scans and translation!

removed-user - May 13, 2016

0 by removed-user »»
May 13, 2016 8:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Days Chapter 1 Discussion

sadpie - Jul 23, 2010

2 by ToG25thBaam »»
Jan 7, 2014 4:46 AM

Poll: » Golden Days Chapter 20 Discussion

Lunar191 - Jun 18, 2011

0 by Lunar191 »»
Jun 18, 2011 12:25 AM

Poll: » Golden Days Chapter 19 Discussion

Lunar191 - Jun 18, 2011

0 by Lunar191 »»
Jun 18, 2011 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.