Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this was quite something.

A special about Rebecca but Fujiko also got some fun spotlight. I mean, that tease under the sheets....ha. Definitely amusing if you're a fan of both girls. Rebecca's role in this was mostly for plot as Lupin gets involved in her affairs.

The classic Lupin III OP theme song is also present which I found kinda neat at what they did with it.
Apr 3, 2016 3:25 PM
Sep 2015
This was so disappointing.
Jun 10, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
I was hoping for something better but at the same time didn't find it bad, no english subs as far as i know so had to watch it with Italian subs.

If you enjoy Lupin and the 2015 Tv series then this special/movie is worth watch anyway :)
Jun 10, 2016 12:13 PM
Mar 2009
I would like to see online... even if with Italian subs...
Jul 4, 2016 3:57 PM

May 2009
Can anyone share a link to a stream or a torrent? I can't find it ):
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jul 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
Mostly a retelling of the first and third episodes.
The beginning and the ending part are original. The beginning is nice, the ending is very dull and rushed.
Nov 26, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
TypeNew said:
Would love to watch it but unfortunately no eng subs are available at the moment.
I was wondering if anyone had done it yet.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Where the subs at? Been looking for a while, but no luck.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 6, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2011
does anyone know the song at the very end? they played it at the end of the special too but i cant find the title of it or the singer.
Jan 12, 2017 12:07 PM
Jan 2011
shadeofpurple said:
does anyone know the song at the very end? they played it at the end of the special too but i cant find the title of it or the singer.

It's Melancholy Baby from the series first OST.

Oh and its subbed now on nyaa
Nov 2, 2018 7:12 AM

Jul 2009
Honestly, this didn't felt like a new episode. It's basically a mashed up of the specials and the beginning episode all in one film.

They should have incorporated the beginning arc as episode 1 of the series. Lupin meeting Rebecca and saving her in the train, then slowly leading up to the marriage.

The TV series just go straight to marriage which is weird and it didn't feel connected. That's what my first impression of Rebecca of, but I eventually liked her in the end of series.

They even put characters like Goemon and Jigen in the train scene, despite not appearing in special 2.

I was hoping Cagliostro masked man would be a new character and not Gaspare.

This would have mesh well in the main series. Especially they did try to address Cagliostro, but was dropped out of nowhere.

The end scene when the Castle crumbles, reminds me of every Castlevania game ending once Dracula is defeated XD

In any case, I'll miss Rebecca as I said in the end of series. I know they want to move on with different and new characters, but really wish she became like a mainstay.

Anyways, on to Part V!!!! Give it 8/10
Aug 2, 2019 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
The OP is one of the most stylish I've seen. Haven't watched Pt4 for a while and watching as a recap, I thought it started out great but overall its just ends with a mediocre payoff climax against one of the weakest villain Lupin ever faced to the point it just feel out of place lol. Still far from any worse Lupin special I've and just a ok watch with lot of actions and easily one of the best/creative special OP unless if one haven't watched part iv for long while and makes it even better not watching the special episodes which are shamefully used here.
removed-userAug 14, 2019 1:16 PM
Aug 20, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
This was so cool, I absolutely love the character design, the colors, the animation, everything. I watched Part IV without watching this special, but though there were some parts of the first few episodes, there was new stuff too, like the Masked Count, and the stuff with the Count of Cagliostro, a nice throwback/reference. I mean, I don't remember them at all, and Rebecca also had a more proper introduction.

And Lupin and Zenigata chasing that train? That was funny, exciting, and so cool! I especially loved the moment when Goemon sliced the flames. Poor Lupin though, Zenigata ate all of the sushi he stole. But he did go back to that place with Jigen later so maybe he paid for it? lol Welp, Mrs. Lupin, I mean, Rebecca is really cool, and I love how Lupin inspired her with the way he doesn't let, how can I say, his ancestors "weigh" him down. He is his own man, and Rebecca can be her own woman too! It really felt like he stole her heart with the way she reminisced about their wedding and all.
Feb 10, 2021 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
Can anyone help out to point which parts are new?
Jun 9, 2021 1:48 PM

Sep 2008
Klonoa7H said:
Can anyone help out to point which parts are new?

The scenes involving the Masked Earl, discussion on Cagliostro's treasure, and the final 20 minutes are animated content exclusive to the film. The scenes involving Rebecca being hostage on a train, her wedding with Lupin, and Lupin's conflict with Nyx and MI-6 were all taken from three episodes of the Italian Adventures/ Part 4 Lupin anime.
Feb 13, 2023 1:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Film with nice points, but the plot is weak, a lot of "holes" and the resolution more near the detectives of other animes that the Lupin III style!!! kekeke

5/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.