Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was decently enjoyable just like the rest of the series. At first I thought it would focus more on the competition part which I would have liked even more, but in the end it pulled out another criminal story of sorts, which I thought was kind of a shame. But well, still a somewhat fun movie addition to the series, with the changed setting and new characters and all.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 15, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2012
Nice overall racing action with a nice ending. All in all I prefered the original prequel the most out of these 3 separated entrees. This movie sure wasn't bad but it did lack in various points.
Apr 2, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
Perhaps Joe might be Angela's cousin who was adopted into the family.

Lisa's line "You'll never catch me singing in the rain." was just perfect for her.

In all, I was content that the series had a relatively conclusive ending that was able to very well showcase the abilities of the three lead characters.
Dec 23, 2016 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Not as good as the series. Fun enough to enjoy though. The plot and corny dialogue... not so much.
Jan 7, 2023 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
That was quite disappointing imo. While the latter third got down to what made the series enjoyable with some decent car action the first two thirds were a real grind of totally uninteresting plot points. Shame this wasn't just about the race itself, that could've been plenty of enough fun.

Oh and did anyone else think something along the lines of "If all the eX Drivers are here doing this race (also why so few for each country) then who is taking care of the runaway cars back home?". I suppose it isn't really communicated much but there are probably loads of other eX Drivers.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.