Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Someone puts a hit on "Kei" & "Yuri" during their holiday, man they can never catch a break... the "Mr Boki" scene and ending was pretty amusing.

May 24, 2019 9:30 PM

Aug 2015
Ep 2 is a kind of masterpiece in its own way; the Pair's teasing behavior, Yuri's narcissism and the moe magical girl assassin kitsch are spot on. The problem is that the magical girl aesthetic and the Pair's Sailor Moon transformations make Dirty Pair Flash a piece of anime that is successful only through recursion back onto other anime; unlike original Dirty Pair, it requires otaku sensibility to be amusing. This is actually a great failure, so it's no wonder Hideaki Anno believed anime to be ruined forever by this point.
Interestingly enough the Flash uniforms are much more modest than the classic bikini armor of the original. I can't imagine why they decided the Pair should wear more clothes, when taking the franchise in a not-legal-adult moepig direction of all things...
On a technical note, it would have been more enjoyable for the concluding catfight to have been actually animated and not simply be dialogue over a panning shot.
Feb 9, 2020 8:07 PM

Apr 2014
im honestly glad the whole baby thing was just a 1 time thing cause if this whole arc was gonna be about protecting that baby things would have gotten real annoying real quick

besides that this ep id have to say have been my fave from all of flash mainly because of the new character that was introduced i honestly loved monica such a great character though she did lose but hey she kept going even in the end if anything she can beat yuri lol

but sadly it seems this was also a one time thing going by the preview for the next ep which sucks cause i was hoping for more Monica also it seems they're using the original dirty pair formula with the eps as every ep is something completely different instead of following a arc like they was doing with flash and flash 2 which i like a lot more but this ep was amazing lets see how the rest will go
"one step at a time"
Nov 14, 2022 12:39 AM

Sep 2018
Honestly I was just really confused by this episode. Maybe it's best that they didn't continue on with the baby plot, but the episode beforehand ended as if they were going to.
Also why is this suddenly a magical girl anime? Why do the Dir... I mean Lovely Angels now have a magical girl transformation scene? Why... well everything in this episode. Frankly I was just confused the entire time I was watching this... This was such a weird tonal shift, both from the first episode and from Flash 2.
KristiwazhereNov 14, 2022 12:56 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dirty Pair Flash 3 Episode 5 Discussion

Hawksman - Aug 2, 2014

4 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 7, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Flash 3 Episode 4 Discussion

Hawksman - Aug 2, 2014

4 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 7, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Flash 3 Episode 3 Discussion

Hawksman - Aug 2, 2014

3 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 7, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Flash 3 Episode 1 Discussion

Hawksman - Jul 10, 2014

1 by glassknuckles »»
May 24, 2019 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.