Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2014 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I found it a bit of a struggle to finish to be honest. Quite preachy in parts and I swear I never want to hear the words "I'm glad" in Japanese ever again! ^_^
Aug 24, 2016 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
Found this series to be rather weak, to be honest.

There are some problems like the excessive number of flashbacks (like, 30% of the series is flashbacks) and music that was most of the times unfitting to the situations. But what REALLY bothered me was the overdramatization of nearly every situation. Seriously, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER onscreen cried multiple times in this series, sometimes on situations where it wasn't really needed. It seemed to me there wasn't an individual characterization when a problem arrived - it afflicted everyone the same and everyone reacted by crying and making a lot of drama.

Unfortunately, it just didn't appeal to me. The over excessive drama made most of the situations in this series unconvincing for me.
Nov 20, 2020 6:05 PM
Jul 2020
Although the idea of combining two novels into one was ambitious, I think the results turned out to be hit-and-miss. While the first part is enjoyable for being quite faithful to its source material, it went downhill on the second arc. My biggest complaint about the second arc is that its drama is sometimes feel forced and most of its episodes featured characters shouting and crying. In fact, the show doesn't know whether it should be slice-of-life or drama. When the part where Dr. Chilton was killed, that's where I stopped watching the show. While I somehow understood why he has to be killed, it was too much and it feels like it was created for the sake to make viewers cry. I have a hunch that those problems exist because it tried to follow the success of "Princess Sarah" which gained a high rating and saved WMT from cancellation. "Pollyanna" received higher amount of ratings on its initial run but for some reason its popularity didn't last long nowadays. It was a bad idea to turn it into a drama where it was suppose to be more of a slice-of-life. It would be better if the show should have stick to the first arc only and not to be pressured from the success of its predecessor. There's a reason why the first book is iconic while its sequels are nearly forgotten.
AdobongSiopaoNov 21, 2020 11:28 AM
Apr 23, 12:19 PM
Mar 2019
As usual with these, Pollyanna brings everyone closer, but secrets have still been revealed.
Aunt Polly is finally very happy living with Pollyanna, so brings the happy ending we all wanted.
A really good Anime based on the book.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Story Episode 43 Discussion

AdobongSiopao - Nov 15, 2020

2 by bushman66 »»
May 12, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari Episode 23 Discussion

greebo - Jun 25, 2014

1 by bushman66 »»
May 12, 2023 8:06 PM

Poll: » Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Story Episode 22 Discussion

vini64 - Aug 13, 2016

1 by bushman66 »»
May 12, 2023 8:05 PM

Poll: » Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari Episode 21 Discussion

greebo - Jun 24, 2014

3 by bushman66 »»
Jun 20, 2022 8:04 AM

Poll: » Ai Shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

greebo - Jun 19, 2014

1 by bushman66 »»
Jun 17, 2022 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.