Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2007 3:23 PM
Jan 2007
Wow. Alot happens in this episode. About as much as the last.
UFOFeb 7, 2007 3:47 PM
Feb 9, 2007 6:21 PM

Mar 2005
blah. by far the most predictable episode in the entire series so far. highly disappointed with Light's dad's act. as if we didn't see tat coming. bleh

disliking L more and more. He's having less ground to stand on, yet he's stubborn despite most evidence pointing against Light being Kira. and handcuffing himself to Light? Lame yaoi plug bleh.
Feb 10, 2007 9:04 AM
Apr 2006
ah...I liked it! ;) Light is so sweet now, the evil Kira is cooler, though...wonder if the death note influences the users personality...?
Feb 14, 2007 11:22 AM

Feb 2007
I can't wait for the new episode... i just want to know the ending of the story

Feb 14, 2007 11:38 AM

Jan 2007
Pfft...well I liked it! Even having read the manga and knowing what was going on.

The Misa / L conflict over Light's attention is hilarious!
Feb 14, 2007 12:41 PM

Jan 2005
I liked it. Some things were a little too obvious, like the act by Light's father ("NO WAY!! Light get shot in episode 17!?!?!")... This episode was very different from the previous ones, and I hope there won't be much "funny" scenes in the next ones.
Feb 14, 2007 2:59 PM
Jan 2007
I agree. It was kinda predictable. I was sure he wouldn't kill his own son and end the series :-S
Feb 14, 2007 3:10 PM

Nov 2004
UFO said:
I agree. It was kinda predictable. I was sure he wouldn't kill his own son and end the series :-S

Well it wasn't really that predictable in the manga, thing is, why would the series end if he died. Death note is different, u can't just go around thinking whats common
Feb 14, 2007 3:57 PM

Aug 2006
I agree, It was quite unpredictable in the manga. I was willing to except any crazy shit that could happen at that point =P

I have yet to see this far in the anime
Aug 18, 2008 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
I actually didn't find it predictable :/
Light Fan <3
Nov 7, 2008 2:58 PM
Oct 2008
I love how Misa told L that he really was a perv. Haha on L since he's starting to annoy me.
Nov 8, 2008 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
running_lemon said:
I agree, It was quite unpredictable in the manga. I was willing to except any crazy shit that could happen at that point =P

I know! It got to the point where you thought anything could happen, even the main character dying half way through the series >3 that's what we love about Death Note, ne?
Nov 20, 2008 3:33 PM

Oct 2008
yay! Light becomes good person! Misa still all over him.
Dec 19, 2008 8:42 AM
Apr 2008
Yeah a bit predictible but still good.
Mar 18, 2009 7:46 AM
Jan 2009
I didn't think it was all that predictable. I didn't think that Yagami-san would kill his son, but I couldn't be sure. Anything can happen.

Light has completely changed, he's so much nicer. And I can tell that he's got a plan, I'm just dying to find out what happens, because I just don't have a clue what he's up to.
Mar 29, 2009 10:22 AM

Mar 2009
It's great to finally watch Death Note. I've been reading the manga over the course of the last year and a half and I'm nearly done with it. I'm buying volumes 11 and 12 this week so I thought I may as well start watching the adaptation now. So far, it's very good and even though I know everything that happens, it's great to see it animated with voices and such.

The other posters are right, Soichiro Yagami's 'act' was a lot less predictable in the manga and I don't say this simply because I'd read it before I watched the episode. With the manga, the plot twists were all over the place and you never knew what to expect. I think it was a lot harder hitting too, being static images on paper.

I still prefer the manga, but this adaptation has been really good so far.
Mar 29, 2009 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
It's great to finally watch Death Note. I've been reading the manga over the course of the last year and a half and I'm nearly done with it. I'm buying volumes 11 and 12 this week so I thought I may as well start watching the adaptation now. So far, it's very good and even though I know everything that happens, it's great to see it animated with voices and such.

The other posters are right, Soichiro Yagami's 'act' was a lot less predictable in the manga and I don't say this simply because I'd read it before I watched the episode. With the manga, the plot twists were all over the place and you never knew what to expect. I think it was a lot harder hitting too, being static images on paper.

I still prefer the manga, but this adaptation has been really good so far.
May 9, 2009 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
woah! i really feel sorry for them.. locked up like that.. misa too!!! being blindfolded and strapped to a chair like that for more than fifty days!!!!! what the?!?!?! feel so sorry for them.. and yet i expected misa to be furious when she finally got out.. who could endure fifty days like that!?!? and hour is like hell already.. yet.. she just said that she can't believe the stalker was that old!??!?! woah.. their reactions are weird..

anyway.. hahaha.. 24/7 and misa thinking other things, even thinking L's gay.... ahahah! anyway.. misa's story really does confirm that she's second Kira.. i mean, just seeing light in aoyama and instantly falling in love and knowing his name? but light was on surveillance the whole time he was in aoyama.. ahahaha... but it is too obvious as L said.. :))

and that building!!! creating a building just like that!!! wow! L's filthy rich!!! literally, he looks filthy, but he's rich. hahahaha. just kidding! :P.. L's cute in a way i guess, the way he sits especially..

Jun 24, 2009 7:22 PM

Dec 2008
the seriousness of the show has dropped a little.

think it would have been a much better plot if light died right there and became a shinigami or something like that, then killed L.
Jul 20, 2009 3:54 PM

Feb 2009
Another good episode, but does anyone else find Misa HIGHLY annoying?

Aug 6, 2009 6:54 AM

Aug 2009
Anything comes more serious, people are still are getting killed by someone.. and Hirano Aya still makes all look really good. And i like it.
Aug 27, 2009 10:50 PM
Apr 2009
TBH it wasn't that predictable. I first though the other kira was gonna write the dad's name in the book before he shot. I wasn't think of him trying to force the second kira to save the main kira by killing the dad.

Its not impossible to realize, but it wasn't THAT obvious to me at least. Maybe cause I tried to think of a complicated thing lol.

Idk, cool episode I guess. I gotta give props for L for being so smart even though he knows nothing about the book yet. You guys are being to hard on him.

And kei-clone, you can't forget the previous episodes..Sometimes it was pretty clear he was the Kira, just he had no REAL proof. Then suddenly this happens, the dude changes his personality COMPLETELY in 5 minutes, I mean, that is kinda suspicious. So did the girls personality. The girl talking to L was stupid of her to, (Shes really really dumb) she basically verified that she is the second kira. Like he said ''Its to obvious that you're the second Kira that I don't even wanna believe it''

And she is hooked to Light, randomly she knew his name and loved him on first sight at his house. \:
Oct 29, 2009 5:03 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was good, but felt so out of place to me. I still don't know whether Light's acting like that on purpose or because he really has lost memory of the Death Note because it's no longer in his possession (we don't see those mind scenes anymore, so that's why I think the latter). But the ending really has me wonder why they're going in this direction...
Nov 15, 2009 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
LOLZ when he said 'execution grounds' I was like WTF???
And I didn't find this predictable at all O_O. Yamagami Chief looked pretty convincing to me, I seriously thought that was the end for Light... But luck smiles at him once again >:).

I'm getting pretty used to this "good guy" Light thing anyways. It's like he's another person and it makes me believe that if he hadn't found the death note, he would have turned out to be a totally different individual. Just think about it; he said he 'was bored', so if someone else had found the death note, he would have driven his boredom away by catching that person instead of being himself Kira. My point is that it's all the death note's fault Light became a psycho serial killer :D.

Dec 8, 2009 7:36 PM

Mar 2009
i kinda knew that the plan was to scare Light into confessing he was Kira.
But still it was kinda scary. -.- and i wonder who picked up that notebook. Seeing Rem at the table with those guys just confused me alittle. O_o

Dec 29, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
that was intense...

Feb 2, 2010 5:26 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm, looks like all of L's recent efforts were just made redundant.. Hes gonna have to start over again.. and who were those 8 at the end? like wtf
Mar 2, 2010 12:25 PM

Jan 2010
I also didn't found ther fake execution predictable lol
i was thinking that Light will turn into a death god or something xD

anyway this episode was made of pure sweet win :D,it's one of the best episodes i've ever watched :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 2, 2010 9:51 PM

Feb 2010
im not rly sure if i like light becoming a good guy and there bein a different kira
May 9, 2010 6:13 AM

Feb 2010
hmmm, it was really predictable, since the main character doesn't die in the middle of the series.

This episode was really a let-down to me... I feel like they're trying to stretch the plot line by introducing a third kira....
May 27, 2010 11:57 AM

Feb 2009
Predictable alright, but I really liked that first half. As for the ending...wtf is going on?
May 28, 2010 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
I like this new game. And its all planned. I wonder how long this will last.
Aug 25, 2010 2:01 AM
Jul 2009
Comedy? lol

Light has changed.
Aug 25, 2010 2:08 PM

May 2010
Misa is hilarious about how much she loves Light and Aiezawa was freaking epic about how he threw Misa out :P
Aug 28, 2010 11:18 AM
Jun 2010
the end was sad, poor guy. i can't help but feel sad for l, he really is all alone. what is his past? who is l? why is he alone? there has to be a reason.

as for light, i'm kinda getting pissed that he can't remember. he obviously had ryuk take away the death note for a reason. yet it's unlike light to just give up like that, this must be a plan that he had made when he still had his memory. i REALLY want him to remember. he's such a hypocrit, yet he doesn't even know it.
Oct 11, 2010 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
Now again, we don't know who is Kira, what they all are planning and basicly what's going on. It's like this series just restarted... That's why this is a masterpiece.
Nov 6, 2010 2:37 PM

May 2010
Light not really getting shot by his father was rather predictable, but still a good episode. Second half was kinda hilarious ^^
It's brilliant if the company dudes would keep killing criminals. Kira's work will be continued, while Light doesn't actually know anything about it.
I miss Ryuk, he was funny :P
Nov 10, 2010 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
Feel so sorry for papa Yagami.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 29, 2010 3:25 AM

Aug 2010
Exactly what L would do...
Jan 8, 2011 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
Meh. The episode was exciting I guess, but predictable. I knew Light wasn't going to die. Like someone else said, the main character doesn't just die in the middle of the series.

Another thing, Misa is so annoying. -_- I wish that guy pushed her out the window rather than out the door.
Mar 6, 2011 2:33 PM

May 2010
This is getting confusing and annoying.
I don't like Misa.
Jun 15, 2011 4:17 PM

Jun 2011
Awww Light cries D: I really like Light when he doesn't have his memories he's so adorable and sweet!

btw did anyone else notice how Soichiro pointed the gun at Light's head and Light just came out of that without injury? Apparently the Death Note writers didn't realize that a blank is still an object being shot at the same speed as a bullet
fluffy-luffyJun 24, 2011 3:42 PM
Nov 18, 2011 8:16 AM

Dec 2010
kei-clone said:
blah. by far the most predictable episode in the entire series so far. highly disappointed with Light's dad's act. as if we didn't see tat coming. bleh

disliking L more and more. He's having less ground to stand on

I totally agree with this, it was horrible episode, combined with the previous one. Light has made his best move this far, and I still can't see how can L catch him now, except if there's something actually wrong in Light's plan... FU Kira, you suck as*es! You're making L look bad...
Apr 8, 2012 10:37 PM

Nov 2011
Misa I is much more annoying in the show than she is in the manga
May 22, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2011
Why does everyone hate Misa? I feel she adds a nice element to the anime. :D
Aug 1, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2012
Rather intense episode but now that they both lost their memory of the death note it dropped a bit to be interesting imo!
Aug 7, 2012 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
The series is getting increasingly ridiculous. If Light is such a genius, how come he didn't see through his father's act? Did he really believe that the government and the *UN* quickly approved their execution without a trial or that these bodies have the power to make that call in the first place? And Misa, after being confined in conditions that would be classified as torture, she's just happy to get the protection of the people who tortured her?
Aug 8, 2012 6:22 AM

Apr 2012
I feel as if the director and screenwriter went on holiday and someone else did this episode. It's completely different and lacks the seriousness and panache of the other 17. And Light is a complete different person too.
Aug 19, 2012 8:55 AM

Feb 2012
I dont like the direction this anime takes,first of all,light "isnt" kira anymore,I loved to see him take actions as kira,second thing,he isnt a badass anymore,thats very disappointing,i hope he will get his death note back and return to his "crazy" mode.
last thing i have to say is that i dont like these new enemies.
at least i hope the light i love will come back.
Sep 16, 2012 3:23 PM

Jan 2012
The whole situation in the car was so tense. Loved this episode. It's a little strange to see Light as a good guy now.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

917 by SrRubikat »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.