Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Momoka receives an offer to perform at a live house she once relied on, and Nina and Subaru are invited to participate in their first joint live performance.

While struggling to meet their ticket quota, Momoka receives tickets for the live show from a band she used to play with.

May 3, 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
I loved the performance. It was very well animated. Good job from our main trio. :)

SerafosMay 3, 9:48 AM
May 3, 9:24 AM

Jan 2016
The girl that used to be your friend and (speculations) was the reason you started getting bullied at the school becomes your favorite band singer, the band that means everything for you.
This is like fate punching you at your face and laughing after.

What in the world was that show, the only times I see something like that is when motion capture is used. The camera work and moviments were insane, I refuse to believe that is animated
May 3, 10:07 AM
Apr 2022
Until versions of the episode with proper translations come up, I cannot comment on the dialogue, but it was a lovely and enjoyable episode.

The CGI is on point for the mains are on point again especially the ED insert, but the Diamond Dust performance needed some more polish...the lead singer's mouth looked pasted on and out of place at times.

Not sure if I liked/preferred the ED performance of GBC over how Sanzigen's Bang! series and Studio Orange's Idolish7 does their pure CGI performances...Hell, even Sunrise's Love Live performances. With this episode its simply the CGI characters superimposed over a prerecorded live MV. This is such a low effort cheap trick and I'm seeing the community suckered into it. Pure LOL.

On reflection, if Toei were to do a proper all CGI live performance, it will come out all awkward like the Diamond Dust performance. No wonder they went to do this superimposed CGI over a Live performance route. They cant even animate the 20 second Diamond Dust performance properly.
May 3, 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
12:55 Lmao Subaru ringing the bell before the fight
22:01 脱退 (dattai) - leaving (the band), 22:04 不登校 (futoukou) - school non-attendance/school refusal (on the back of the shirt). Liar is correct.

The concert was really good! Now the 2 other girls will finally join too.
May 3, 11:57 AM

Jun 2022
i rlly wanna know more about ninas beef with her old friend now !!!!

May 3, 1:21 PM

May 2011
That band performance was awesome! Camerawork using the leverage of what CG does best and that's with the space.

Though honestly 5 episodes in and I just don't get Nina...
Talk to her normally, she'll think you're condensing. Talk to her nicely, she'll think you're looking down on her.
She tells you one thing, a few moments later she tells you the exact opposite.
Plus all the random outbursts that make no sense.

Honestly have a stress ball with me every time I watch an episode cause girl holy shi- you're just too much...
May 3, 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
Nah, this can easily be my 10/10 anime of the season. Always pleasure to watch more.
May 3, 4:18 PM
Aug 2009
Perfect episode. I love Subaru-chan

May 3, 4:25 PM
Jan 2024
The ed was delightful!!! I loved how it looked realistic with the camera angles
Cleary someone raised the budget on the show today lmao
May 3, 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
Girl I really can't understand you... literally.

Subaru is the best in this episode, from selling tickets, staying chill, to having goofy reactions despite of the other two being so serious.
May 3, 5:17 PM

Sep 2022
How angry it makes me that no (English) streaming service has licensed this anime, I thank the fansubs for existing. Currently in my Top 5 this season.

May 3, 5:22 PM

Mar 2016
That fuck are with these fansubs lmfao 😭😭😭😭
May 3, 5:25 PM
Aug 2022
So I’ll start by saying the song they preformed at the end is called “what to raise” for anyone wondering, the full song is on YouTube and it’s phenomenal.

I’m realising this now Nina is becoming one of my favourite mc’s I’ve seen in a long while.

The addition of Nina’s “friend” as the head of diamond dust definitely makes the story more interesting and I hope we see them clash one day.

The translations for this episode were fine from what I noticed.

I absolutely loved everyone’s outfits during the performance, particularly Nina’s.
May 3, 5:27 PM
Aug 2022
ImmortalZero said:
That band performance was awesome! Camerawork using the leverage of what CG does best and that's with the space.

Though honestly 5 episodes in and I just don't get Nina...
Talk to her normally, she'll think you're condensing. Talk to her nicely, she'll think you're looking down on her.
She tells you one thing, a few moments later she tells you the exact opposite.
Plus all the random outbursts that make no sense.

Honestly have a stress ball with me every time I watch an episode cause girl holy shi- you're just too much...

I mean to cut her some slack she’s a young girl who is pretty introverted, but I won’t deny she definitely has some outbursts at times.

But I guess she’s just innocent to the real world
May 3, 6:35 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Ryuseishun
@Ryuseishun NakayubiSubs have been pretty good the last few weeks as far as I can tell.

I really want to see Momoka and Nina destroy new Diamond Dust. Like badly. Especially if that new vocalist is as nasty as it seems she is. I very much want to know more about Momoka leaving the band and Nina leaving school.
May 3, 6:48 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Is it just me or does Nina come off as a too impulsive sometimes? Like I get that the music they play has to be very emotional full of anger, sadness, joy and all of the emotions in between but without much context or build up it seems as if she's just an overly emotional teen.

But then again I guess at that age many others can be like that in a way and the interactions they have make them seem way closer than the anime's narrative so far has led me to believe. I don't know, that's the main gripe I'm having with the series since the production just rocks as much as that last song.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 3, 7:59 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to Ryuseishun
@Ryuseishun I jumped ship this week and went with NakayubiSubs.

May 3, 9:17 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely my favorite episode so far, love the new song!!!
May 3, 10:31 PM

May 2019
This is easily the best episode so far with the tension between Momoka and Nina regarding the DD's new singer. Free stuff usually don't have much value that's why most people just accept it and not care that much. Wished they didn't cut short the hug scene between Nina and Subaru. It's so funny to see Subaru as the one trying to brighten the situation but also ends up getting splashed lol. The interactions between this trio was really fun to watch even if they are arguing, they are still so funny with their idiosyncrasies. Pouring out all the emotions and let it bare, that's the spirit and I love it. That performance was really fire too.

May 3, 11:28 PM

Dec 2016
Loved the episode but did anybody else feel like the ending song did not match the energy of the animation? It's like they did choreography for a different, more intense song, and then they heard Nina's softer vocals AFTER they finalized the animation, and were like "welp, fuck it, it's airing like that."
May 3, 11:49 PM

Oct 2016
This show is so so good, man. It might be my favorite new non-sequel show this season, well it's either this, Ranger Reject or Jellyfish, but those are definitely top 3.

I was laughing when Nina and Momoka were fighting in the pub, also because of Subaru just chowing down in the background, but I teared up towards the end.

I fucking love those shirts in their performance, truly the best worst girls, we love them.

You're telling me we're getting 2 more members, when these 3 are already such a riot? Peak. More crazy character interactions please.

They kinda went hard actually with the performance, loved the visuals.

*indistinguishable gremlin noises* Godbless NakayukiSubs.
May 4, 12:03 AM

Aug 2022
One more performance from them and it was even more incredible.

The reason Momoka left her previous band was the current Diamond Dust. She rejected changes from the band and chose to leave.

Likewise, Nina stubbornly argued with Momoka because she was angry why Momoka didn't just be honest.

However, now Momoka has a new band which she is currently working with Nina and Subaru. I hope she will be a great leader in the future.

May 4, 12:09 AM

May 2021
BANGER!

This performance was sick, the animation and sound stage made it feel like we were there. The outfits are much better too LMAO. They need to get the bassist and the keyboardist in the band ASAP!

I have nothing but love for this show, I can't wait for next week.
May 4, 12:14 AM

Apr 2014
The performance was pretty good. Now, it's time for another two to join their band.
Another livehouse to visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/mWV2N4ZiCq1snCCQ8
Nice pose,

何それ?意味分かんない
May 4, 1:27 AM
Jan 2020
Not even a single anime streaming site took this, and it still clears Kaiju No.8
May 4, 2:15 AM
May 2023
this episode is the best episode of all the best episodes, PEAK PERFORMANCE.

i really liked subaru in this episode, she was very cute in this episode.
May 4, 6:20 AM

Jul 2017
Momoka's old group Diamond Dust may have a restart, but the new group doesn't have time to waver at their rebounding success.

But trying to sell their tickets is business easier said than done, and even Nina and the girls get tickets to Diamond Dust too at their old jamming location, which piques both her and Subaru's interest to see how their concert is like. And I've got to say that it absolutely blew Nina way...in the worst way possible with their new vocalist, which she recognizes as being former friends who've fallen apart.

Both Nina and Momoka may have their grievances, and Subaru is left in the center trying to connect their dots, for a girl who loved the original Diamond Dust when Momoka was in it, and for another girl who feels like her time in the same group has come and fallen apart at the seams. But regardless, their visions come together, regardless of Momoka having her hardcore fans, and restarting from scratch with their songs.

How is it that this show has begun to become better? No thanks CR for shitty subs, this show is A RIOT that clears the heavy hitters.
May 4, 6:54 AM

May 2014
I think I've seen enough now to say Subaru is best girl.
May 4, 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
best performance combined with 3d cgi make this so spectacular show !!

May 4, 1:13 PM
Oct 2020
I like the expresison that all the character.
May 4, 1:25 PM
Sep 2022
Subaru the best protagonist by far and Nina the worst. I don't understand how people like her, she's unbearable.the way he starts screaming at the bar WTF. I know he's 17 years old, but She is a hopeless idiot . I hope that in the next chapters he will improve that character that he has
HormigoMay 4, 1:34 PM
May 4, 2:05 PM
Dec 2022
That was a wild episode, the bully is actually going to be a major role of the story can't wait to see how it's going to develop.
May 4, 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
I actually find the new song more "poppy" than the previous two so I liked it less. But I like how they showed "Diamond Dust" going more commercial with the costumes, performance and the song arrangement. Though, I wonder if it is a jab to Bang Dream bands or if we should believe Momoka that the band going more "pop" was not a bad thing, just not a thing for her?
May 4, 6:37 PM
Apr 2021
after watching this episode, I really like Subaru more. See the 3 main character's interaction is always interesting, while the 2 of 3 is argue. The facial expression in this series is good too. Good idea from Nina for the outfit of the show.

I can't wait to watch the next episodes! 2 other girls will join to the band and what happen to the next between GBC and DD
May 4, 10:34 PM
Jan 2020
*indistinguishable gremlin noises* OMFG MY HEART
May 5, 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
I really like the way Nina is written as a character. I know it is unlikable for some or not necessarily relatable, but her constant outburst and change of emotion, her contradictory behavior and her need to scream at something really encapsulate a certain type of "angsty teen experience" while also being melodramatic but in a good way.

The performance in this episode was quite interesting. It was very good visually, however, very lacking when it comes to the music. I find the vocals and the instrumental to be very generic and lacking something overall compared to the previous one. But the answer to my problem is at the beginning of the episode, they are missing band members for other instruments. And this is the only song so far that did not had any keyboard and bass ( at least I didn't heard it ). I'm also not sure but I think that this song is the first one that wasn't already released by Togenashitogeari. It was just released at the time of the episode and is said to be "temporary", so I assume that the song is voluntarily unfinished.
May 5, 3:14 PM
Jan 2024

what a great episode very well
May 5, 3:32 PM
Apr 2020
Gotta love Nina going out of her way to hijack the school PA system just to blast her favorite song. Koyuki would be proud.

May 6, 8:32 PM
Feb 2021
i always love band anime starting with k-on.. at first the "CG anime" was a let down for me but i go through with it and here we are, ep 5 in and its already hook me more than any anime currently airing! keep it up!😍
May 7, 2:02 AM
Jun 2023
Ryuseishun said:

LMAO I use Anilab to watch the show which the translations seem normal, I never saw that subtitle but WOW that's wild 😂
May 10, 10:11 PM
Dec 2019
Why people only talking about animation? What I liked was the fight, so intense, so emotional and deep, and most importantly so meaningful! Great scene
May 12, 5:33 AM

Apr 2023
Dropped. Main girl can't stop being a cunt.
May 14, 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Nina is extremely unstable!! she could explode at any given point of time!
3/5.

May 14, 10:17 AM
Apr 2023
Such a Great watch and I love that Concert part especially because of those Camera movements and the realism in that scene and Nina is the Cutest
May 16, 5:40 AM
Sep 2022
I wasn't a fan at the beginning but story and CG grew on me. It's great!
May 21, 10:21 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
hell yeaaa brotherrr

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 27, 8:57 PM

Mar 2008
Nina sure can be dramatic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

30 by cathery »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

94 by leirbaggsup »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

7 by mufarari »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » What's Your Most Favourite Togenashi Togeari Song?

InfinityPotato - Mar 31

14 by Horizon248 »»
11 hours ago

» Was it really? Or is it like Hibike?

gawed - May 26

10 by Mikarin_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.