Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
our gril figured out where the coincidences intersected and managed to save jinshi thanks to her father's interference Great song and princess carry by Jinshi at the end past all the guards back to his house
landofthekwtFeb 17, 3:40 PM
Feb 17, 3:40 PM

May 2018
Nooooo... Maomao got hurt :'(
Feb 17, 4:01 PM
Jan 2024
Well, the guard that struck Maomao is definitely going to face some dire consequences...

That was one hell of an episode. It was a wonderful combination of events, and the Jinshi reveal was so much better than I was expected.
Feb 17, 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Is it her father's doings to let her know about Jinshi's status?

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Feb 17, 4:19 PM

Oct 2014
On another note:

Um, did some business grad get isekai-ed into the wrong anime? The imperial palace complex is truly ahead of its time here :)
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Feb 17, 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
Everything up until now falls into place for this long thought-out, calculated assassination attempt.

They've been dropping hints at Jinshi's true identity, some big and some small, all throughout the series, so it's not surprising why he's there.

I hope that guard that nearly killed Maomao with a freaking war club, that could have just as easily killed any man in one strike--get some comeuppance. Preferably, with his head rolling. If it wasn't for him, Maomao wouldn't have suffered from face injury, possible permanent brain trauma/concussion, and a gashed/scarred leg (possibly broken). At minimum, I want him to become an eunuch (shaft and bollocks both) with a rusty knife, and be demoted.

Took your sweet ass time, monocle-man. Deadbeat dad should have spoken up earlier if he was already in the audience.

So it's obvious the herb-scented tall lady that's making the pharmacist a simp, is the culprit. Now we await the "why" next week.
Estoy_GordoFeb 17, 4:30 PM
Feb 17, 4:23 PM

Jun 2023
Ouch, Maomao deserves better. That smack to the face must’ve hurt a lot.

Lakan’s face at the end.
Feb 17, 4:23 PM

Sep 2016
Last minutes were absolute amazing, Lakan expression, for the ones who already know his story, is absolute impactful, powerful episode.
Feb 17, 4:32 PM
Oct 2023
Idk why but the way she found clues resembled Danganronpa
Feb 17, 4:32 PM
Jul 2022
My question is: who's going to ruin that guard's day first: Jinshi, or Lakan?
Feb 17, 4:47 PM

Apr 2022
fuck that guard, all my homies hate that guard. i thought the hit was slightly more brutal in the manga tho ngl because of the emphasis on the impact but still tough here too, got her face fcuked but was still determined. respect maomao, get her what she wants jinshi lol.
Feb 17, 4:59 PM

Mar 2020
I hate that fcking guard for hitting Maomao's face. Hope he get's fired or punished and whoever devil panned this.

Lihaku-kun is really a dog.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 17, 5:02 PM
Jun 2020
It feelt so great when the man Hit maomao in her arrogant and cocky face this is the punishment for everything she has done! Kinda Wish she got more Hurt she deserved it
Feb 17, 5:11 PM
Jan 2020
jennythanh said:
anyone know the song when Jinshi carry Maomao?

Blaze of Clear Sky by Daichi Takenaka, Mashiro Uchida & Satoru Kosaki
Feb 17, 5:15 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to jennythanh
@jennythanh blaze of clear sky <3

Feb 17, 5:16 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Mamao did not deserve to get hit across the face with that much force and knocked down the stairs like that. She does have a way with words and tends to upset some people sometimes, but she was just looking out for whoever was going to get hurt which coincidentally enough it was Jinshi and he did not look happy after he saw what happened to her. Next episode I’m looking for him to roll some heads ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Feb 17, 5:17 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Redtanto
jennythanh said:

Yes someone please help I need the song. I got chills watching that scene and had to replay it like five times. It wasn’t in the manga but they did such a good job adding it into the animation. For a second I forgot I was watching an anime and not a historical kdrama..
@Redtanto its blaze of clear sky
Feb 17, 5:25 PM

Sep 2023
Embient said:
But I wonder why did Lakan looks so shocked that Maomao managed to save Jinshi.

No, I guess he is like that because of what happened to Maomao. Also my guess, but it looks obvious
Feb 17, 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
Teldrasil said:
Lakhan face for me is for discovering Jinshi is the

it was implied in the last episode that he already knows this. I think it was a mix of seeing that Maomao got seriously hurt plus Jinshi majestically princess carrying her, bleeding all over (this looks dangerous with how much she was bleeding)
Feb 17, 5:31 PM

Nov 2010
  • It's not the time to attach a song as BGM and walk with an injured. It's time to stop bleeding. a weird direction. This episode was one of the poorests in the show.
  • Well then, small episodes were assembled into a complete jigsaw puzzle. It seems kind forced.
Feb 17, 5:31 PM
Jul 2021
Softhenic03 said:
This is that phase of the series where we actually do see the importance of those mysteries or happenings which Maomao did investigate in all of those past 17 episodes. And mind you, that’s the best part. I mean they weren’t there just to fill the count of the episodes, as was concluded by Maomao in her conversation with Lakan.

Jinshi being quite jealous with their “friendship” aside, finally that “Ox Bezoar” reward made it into the adaptation lol. I mean it was just Jinshi promising that one random thing he got his hands on, but for Maomao it’s quite a “prize” lol. So, goes without saying she would go all out for that reward right? Ritual utensil being stolen was just a small lead, I mean it’s not even been quite a few days since Maomao solved that craftsman and his will case, she got the main lead in an instance of what the main perpetrator might be planning.

She did go to stop the ongoing ritual ceremony, but as it is her habit, she again did instigate someone to get her way with, but damn, THAT DIRECT HIT TO HER FACE WAS SOOOO BRUTAL. Fuck that guard, for real. He could die for all we care…

… but Lakan being the man who came in clutch and gave Maomao the support was quite something. Hope that'd make people hate him a bit less lol. Anyways, the man performing the ritual being none other than Jinshi himself, who Maomao saved from quite a potential disaster was as poetic as it could have been.

She did save Jinshi from falling beams and such, but she's quite done for herself.. very fitting of them to insert such music towards the end. Jinshi carrying Maomao all the way just shows the magnitude of what we just witnessed.

Won't be wrong to call this the BEST episode yet.

This episode made me hate Lakan even more. He didn't stand up to her because he was a nice guy. He wanted to see how far this would go. It was all a game to him. We all know his relation to Maomao but he watched as she was brutally beaten up, got up on her own and then, and only then did he offer to step up. No wonder Jinshi tilted a bit away from him as he carried her down those steps. I hope that look on his face haunts him for eternity.
Feb 17, 5:33 PM

Dec 2007
Softhenic03 said:
This is that phase of the series where we actually do see the importance of those mysteries or happenings which Maomao did investigate in all of those past 17 episodes. And mind you, that’s the best part. I mean they weren’t there just to fill the count of the episodes, as was concluded by Maomao in her conversation with Lakan.

Jinshi being quite jealous with their “friendship” aside, finally that “Ox Bezoar” reward made it into the adaptation lol. I mean it was just Jinshi promising that one random thing he got his hands on, but for Maomao it’s quite a “prize” lol. So, goes without saying she would go all out for that reward right? Ritual utensil being stolen was just a small lead, I mean it’s not even been quite a few days since Maomao solved that craftsman and his will case, she got the main lead in an instance of what the main perpetrator might be planning.

She did go to stop the ongoing ritual ceremony, but as it is her habit, she again did instigate someone to get her way with, but damn, THAT DIRECT HIT TO HER FACE WAS SOOOO BRUTAL. Fuck that guard, for real. He could die for all we care…

… but Lakan being the man who came in clutch and gave Maomao the support was quite something. Hope that'd make people hate him a bit less lol. Anyways, the man performing the ritual being none other than Jinshi himself, who Maomao saved from quite a potential disaster was as poetic as it could have been.

She did save Jinshi from falling beams and such, but she's quite done for herself.. very fitting of them to insert such music towards the end. Jinshi carrying Maomao all the way just shows the magnitude of what we just witnessed.

I quite enjoyed the episode too, but it kinda leaves it in the air whether or not Lakan is involved in the plan or if he just carefully placed all the pieces in the right place to solve this issue, Maomao could have been seriously hurt, I doubt that was the plan...
Feb 17, 5:37 PM
Dec 2023
One of the best anime in recent years.
Feb 17, 5:51 PM
Jan 2016
jennythanh said:

blaze of clear sky on spotify but yea as someone said no full version yet :/
Feb 17, 5:53 PM

May 2018

็Œซ็Œซๅฟƒ่‡“ใ‚’ๆงใ’ใ‚ˆ๏ผ
Feb 17, 6:27 PM

Mar 2020
Maomao took a brutal beating, but got the job done when it mattered most...

Wow. What an amazing episode, and perhaps the most impactful episode so far. It was really incredible seeing the past mysteries get linked together, as well as the reveals we got in this episode. Maomao storming into the ceremony venue was such a tense moment, after she took a smack to the face from the guard, and was almost knocked out. She saved Jinshi from the falling beams, and that OST at the end... goosebumps. Even Lakan was shocked.

I haven't been the most positive on some of the previous episodes, but this episode might have just made up for it with how well directed and how good the pay-off was. With five episodes left, the drama should get even more intense.
Feb 17, 6:36 PM
Jan 2023
The slowest walk at the end๐Ÿ˜ญ like jinshi can we have a sense of urgency please! Love the episode lol
Feb 17, 6:46 PM
Apr 2019
I hope that goddddamnn guard beheaded, i know it's his duty but hurting our little maomao makes my blood boil
Feb 17, 7:01 PM
Dec 2023
I can't believe what happened to MaoMao at the end๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Now I have to wait one more week for the next episode.
Feb 17, 7:19 PM
Apr 2016
The scene where jinshi Is carrying Mao Mao and You see lakan( minute 19:40) reaction don't apear in the manga. Can You see it in the ligth nivel or was original?
Feb 17, 7:24 PM

Jan 2021
Was not expecting for Maomao to save Jinshi's life. Gotta love how the first thing she's asks him is if she can have her prize. Even on deaths door she's got her priorities right.

Men are half the population
Cow gallbladder stone medicine one in ten thousand.
Feb 17, 7:25 PM

Oct 2022
Maomao was finally able to connect the dots from previous accidents and manages to save Jinshi..but that scene was brutal though..that guard needs to be fired!!

Feb 17, 7:47 PM

Nov 2023
What can I say other than a magnificent episode?

Maomao was able to figure things out and realized that everything that happened recently was connected to one another. She was able to save Jinshi from dying, pretty much.

The walk at the end was cool, but, like, why? She's clearly injured badly, and Jinshi should've rushed out and found a doctor, not walked slowly.
Feb 17, 7:51 PM

Nov 2010
The scene when Jinshi carried Maomao reminded me of Tokyo Ghoul season 2 ending LOL whyyy

I'm not sure but I think Lakan was just bluffing that he knew Jinshi's real identity so maybe that's why he's so shocked to see him coming out of the temple.
Feb 17, 7:57 PM
Nov 2020
This has to be one of the best episodes so far ! Absolutely loved the insert song playing as Jinshi was carrying Maomao. Such a beautiful moment. Although Laken stepped up to defend her seemed like it was all an elaborate plot but for what reason. Maybe he wanted her to be the one to save Jinshi to elevate her status. Or maybe it has nothing to do with her. Laken looked pretty scary seeing his daughter get hurt like that.
Feb 17, 7:59 PM
Dec 2021
Devonnius said:
What can I say other than a magnificent episode?

Maomao was able to figure things out and realized that everything that happened recently was connected to one another. She was able to save Jinshi from dying, pretty much.

The walk at the end was cool, but, like, why? She's clearly injured badly, and Jinshi should've rushed out and found a doctor, not walked slowly.

In novel he run but anime make it so emotion
Feb 17, 8:07 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to Embient
I heard that the Go game transitioning to stones in the OP is a subtle spoiler, and now I finally understand it. It's so damn good.

Yep, that court lady is totally Suirei.
Every incident becoming connected like this is so epic
Judging by what I learned by watching Kingdom, that was a coronation.
Best episode so far, holy shit. But I wonder why did Lakan looks so shocked that Maomao managed to save Jinshi. I have a hard time believing that he just underestimated her, because he's seen her solve all these other cases. (I personally believe that Lakan played a big part in this and actually wanted Maomao to fail.)
@Embient

I had a sense of Deja Vu reading your comment.
Then I saw your pfp and realised you must have posted this comment twice on different websites. :)
Feb 17, 8:28 PM
Jun 2012
This episode was just outstanding!

The build up and slow realisation.
I knew it had to be Jinshi in the ceremony!
And it paid off beautifully.

Speaking of beautiful, Kevin Penkin is doing work with the sound track yet again.

I really want to know if Lakan was shocked at how badly Maomao was hurt, that Jinshi was carrying her, or a mixture of both!

Also when Maomao says a noble of highest birth isn't she hinting that Jinshi might be the current Emperor's son and not his brother?
Suggesting that when Maomao suspected the baby swap between Ah-Duo and the the previous Emperor's mother it might actually be more true than she first thought?

Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Feb 17, 8:37 PM
Mar 2019
That was a Brutal smack.
Feb 17, 8:38 PM
Dec 2020
Poor maomao! Am I the only one who feels that she's losing too much blood? Jinshi better hurry.

PS: I have read the manga but forgot what happens next because I have a memory of a goldfish, apparently.
avengerninFeb 17, 8:49 PM
Feb 17, 8:43 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Dayan
Softhenic03 said:

I quite enjoyed the episode too, but it kinda leaves it in the air whether or not Lakan is involved in the plan or if he just carefully placed all the pieces in the right place to solve this issue, Maomao could have been seriously hurt, I doubt that was the plan...
@Dayan Lakan knows everything about the incident ahead of everyone, but decided to just watch what's going to happen from afar, until he sees Maomao running into the guard and getting beaten up, he steps up to help Maomao...
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 17, 9:31 PM

Dec 2022
While Jinshi was carrying Maomao, Lakan looked genuinely frightened/scared, the first time he's shown any emotion aside from shit-eating smugness.
Feb 17, 9:35 PM
May 2019
why was Lakan shocked when he saw Jinshi carrying MaoMao in his arms, like did he not expect the "most noble person" to be Jinshi ? i think he already had some idea of who Jinshi was ..? can someone explain?
Feb 17, 9:39 PM

May 2015
Reply to Lucy_07
why was Lakan shocked when he saw Jinshi carrying MaoMao in his arms, like did he not expect the "most noble person" to be Jinshi ? i think he already had some idea of who Jinshi was ..? can someone explain?
@Lucy_07 Maybe because his daugther seemed to have suffered serious injuries. I guess that would be enough reason for him to seem shocked.
Feb 17, 9:43 PM
May 2019
Ishitateso said:
@Lucy_07 Maybe because his daugther seemed to have suffered serious injuries. I guess that would be enough reason for him to seem shocked.

But he must have seen the guard smack her so the injuries must have been pretty obvious. i mean he did come from behind
Feb 17, 9:51 PM

May 2015
Reply to Lucy_07
Ishitateso said:

But he must have seen the guard smack her so the injuries must have been pretty obvious. i mean he did come from behind
@Lucy_07 Yes, but beside that she had had a lacerated wound on her leg and was bleeding profusely. He tried to save face and authority beforehand, and not to overreact that Mamao, seemingly a simple servant, had gotten hit on the head in front of him (after all nobody knows that she is his daugther), but I guess a seriously bleeding injury and the accident itself that caused it was a lot even for him.
IshitatesoFeb 17, 10:01 PM
Feb 17, 10:40 PM
Aug 2017
best episode!!!!
Feb 17, 10:57 PM
Dec 2021
very emotional!!!
Feb 17, 11:00 PM
May 2022
Nice Episdode!!!
Feb 17, 11:51 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Started slow, but the ending was very good and dramatic. Hyped for the next week (:
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» On which chapter does this season 1 end?

Creeture - Apr 24

6 by Creeture »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

106 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

89 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 18, 2023

133 by ItalianChicken »»
May 18, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20

111 by capyvaraw »»
May 18, 4:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.