Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is smarter??
Jan 18, 10:00 PM
Oct 2020
Personally I think that L is smarter but lots of fans think that L has the FBI backing and Light was alone and he defeated L that is why he is smarter🤔.
SOL_481Jan 19, 12:05 AM
Jan 18, 10:21 PM
Nov 2018
SOL_481 said:
Personally I think that L is smarter but lots of fans think that L has th FBI backing and Light was alone and he defeated L that is why he is smarter🤔.

Light had the supernatural backing him up. L had a tough time through out the whole series. I mean how would you figured out a notebook was killing people.
Jan 18, 10:35 PM
Aug 2022
L had to found out Kira's identity,who could absoulotly be anyone out of Japan (which he still did pretty fast),he also had to prove it.

Kira only had to found out L's name, and he only could do that with the Shikigamis help.

So in my opinion L had a way harder task,and still performed better than Kira.

Also Kira and L both had maximal points on their final exams in school, Kira was studying hard,while L wrote it without any prep.So L's academix knowledge is arguable also better.
Jan 18, 10:43 PM
Dec 2021
L is the freaking GOAT
Jan 18, 10:48 PM
Mar 2022
L is smarter but Light Yagami is the better character.
Jan 18, 11:15 PM
Dec 2023
my dp gives the answer
Jan 18, 11:16 PM

Mar 2013
L had a lot of resources while Light only had one. 🥲
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 19, 12:02 AM
Nov 2018
astralkill00 said:

L may had a lot of resources. Who would believe the idea of notebook was killing people. Light even had a alibi for each killing. Light mess up a lot. When L was pursuing him at the very beginning. Light could of quit and wait until he was cleared forcing L to move on his investigation else where.
MoppitJan 19, 12:13 AM
Jan 19, 12:55 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to random10012
L had to found out Kira's identity,who could absoulotly be anyone out of Japan (which he still did pretty fast),he also had to prove it.

Kira only had to found out L's name, and he only could do that with the Shikigamis help.

Also Kira and L both had maximal points on their final exams in school, Kira was studying hard,while L wrote it without any prep.So L's academix knowledge is arguable also better.
@random10012 Exactly.

And let's not forget that Light made a lot of mistakes that cost him in the end. For example, for one stupid mistake, he reduced the search for L from all of Japan to one area, thus eliminating the possibility that most of Japan had the killer.

And in general, the smartest and strongest character is the scriptwriter, who got rid of a genius like Light with the help of a white-haired brat playing with toy trains.

I mean, you've got to be kidding me?...
Jan 19, 1:04 AM
Aug 2021
Moppit said:
astralkill00 said:

L may had a lot of resources. Who would believe the idea of notebook was killing people. Light even had a alibi for each killing. Light mess up a lot. When L was pursuing him at the very beginning. Light could of quit and wait until he was cleared forcing L to move on his investigation else where.

L could have continued the investigation on light, Just because he doesnt seem sus doesnt mean he Isnt, if Light quitted, L would have understand that there arent kills, making him understand light Is correlated to the case.
but i dont Remember It clearly, so if i made a mistake Sorry.
Jan 19, 1:20 AM
Dec 2023
"L is more intelligent than Kira due to his exceptional analytical skills, logical reasoning ability, and cunning when dealing with complex situations."
Jan 19, 3:36 AM
Jul 2023
my glorious king light obviously
Jan 19, 3:44 AM
Sep 2022
random10012 said:

'shikigami' my man come out from jjk🥲
Jan 19, 4:08 AM
Jul 2021
SOL_481 said:
Personally I think that L is smarter but lots of fans think that L has the FBI backing and Light was alone and he defeated L that is why he is smarter🤔.

that statement makes no sense. Basically all L had was pawns he could use to do his bidding but light had gods on his side as well as a notebook that killed ppl. Making it so easy for light to stay hidden whilst murdering ppl
Jan 19, 6:20 AM
Jul 2017
Definitely L is the smarter character.

L never makes any mistakes in the show while Light has a few

For L to figure out the one person out of over 100 million people in all of Japan takes quite the skill

Ultimately the main reason Light was caught was because of L’s backup plan that gives alert after a set amount of time of not reporting back to his station
Jan 19, 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
personally I think that Kira was always minimally smarter than L since he could always be one step ahead, he was even smarter than N and M but the problem is when N and M collaborated their minds together if they surpassed Kira's and that's why he lost. Kira really if he had been less arrogant after L's death he would have been the king of the world, but he's human and he made a mistake. However I will always follow Kira jajjaa
Jan 19, 9:21 AM

Jan 2021
This is an interesting question. I’m more prone to say L, though.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Jan 19, 10:41 AM
May 2023
L had the shit figured out he just couldn’t prove it was light.
Jan 19, 1:10 PM
Dec 2023
L was able to stay toe to toe with light and uncover so much despite not being aware of what even exactly was going on. Light knew all the rules and still managed to make mistakes that only made L get closer and closer. L is undoubtedly smarter and if he had known from the start the nature of what was going on then it would have been case solved on an instant.
Jan 19, 2:11 PM
Nov 2021
Light would have been fine had he not be over zealous with Penbar. Ryuk helped with that or L would have caught Light with the cameras. Now the smarts for Light come into play when he figures out how to do the deed while being watched. thats pretty smart.

also someone above this post did have a good point and case for L. could you figure out that the murder weapon was a notebook. That would and should be some of the last things you would have thought of.
Jan 19, 2:15 PM
May 2023
Feel like you can go back and forth between who is overall smarter but I think L is a little smarter than L.
Jan 19, 2:50 PM

Jan 2024
Kira Forever 100%
Jan 19, 3:03 PM
Aug 2019
I think L had more intensive tasks in going through tons of information (files, camera footage, data) and deducing from that information what he needed to hone in on the culprit. Whereas Kira really only needed creativity and some deduction to decide his next moves.

On the flip side, almost all of Kira’s moves are more risky than L’s.

I think Kira has a bit more ingenuity, guts, and wit … and L has a superhuman ability to stay focused lol. It’s a toss up really.
Jan 19, 3:04 PM
Jan 2022
If you're talking about light or L, then we all know L wins by a landslide. But if we talking Kira vs L, its a tough decision. L had almost zero information yet managed to corner Kira to the corner. But Kira instantly knew this fact. He knew he will be cornered. That's why he made a master plan of artificially forgetting in his memories and distributing all the shikigami, "trusting" L that he will definitely find one of them. Considering the amount of IQ to even think of this proves Kira > L . This is just a factual opinion of mine but I think kira better cuz I like villains and I'm mentally deranged 👍
Jan 19, 7:01 PM
Sep 2022
l is definitely smarter but that evil laugh of light in last ep is just soooo good it gave me goosebumps ,that's why light always
Jan 19, 7:15 PM

Aug 2021
Well, I think they're both very intelligent in different ways.

Jan 20, 1:27 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
@astralkill00 "One"? What? He had help from two supernatural sources: Ryuk many times either through manipulation or because helping Light benefitted Ryuk in some way, and Rem who was arguably Light's most useful chess piece even though they disliked each other as Rem managed to kill L and Watari for him and was able to set a lot of things in motion during the Yotsuba arc. Misa also played a big part with her shinigami eyes and was Light's most loyal resource, not to mention Takada and Mikami helping Light's final scheme with the fake notebook ploy. That's five...

OT: L is smarter. The fact that he would've solved the case multiple times had Light not had supernatural help from two shinigami says it all.
Early_MorningJan 20, 1:34 AM
Jan 20, 4:47 AM
Mar 2022
L Is Genius But Light Was Able To Trick L And Shinigami ( Cannot Recall Her Name ) Baka
Jan 20, 5:23 AM

May 2021
L is smarter to me, since he literally got so close to tracking down Light. Out of billions of people on earth, L managed to locate Light who even uses a supernatural killing tool. This is beyond me. I think L is smart in terms of using the resources given to him and his critical thinking skills too.
Jan 20, 11:07 AM
Jun 2023
eu sempre achei o kira mais inteligente por saber enganar de certa forma e planejar todo o jeito para derrotar o L, porém o L já sabia que o Kira era o Yagami mesmo no começo do anime, então o cara é gênio só faltou executar melhor a forma de desmascarar totalmente o Kira.
Feb 4, 4:59 PM
Jul 2022
CrazyButNot4U said:

the only smart shot Lifht could ever had done was forfeit the death note to avoid suspicion and manipulate rem to kill L
Mar 19, 7:33 PM
Aug 2018
If Rem was any other shinigami, Kira would have lost.
Kira never defeated L, he simply convinced a god out of nowhere to kill him.

L vs Light Yagami (no DN): L wins.
L vs Kira (No Misa): L wins.
L vs Kira and 2nd Kira: L wins.
L vs Rem: L loses (Somehow Light Yagami is a galaxy brain)

More topics from this board

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

51 by _livinginutopia_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 18, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

124 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

399 by N_Erwann »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 13, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.