Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2023 2:05 PM
Jul 2023
Look, I hate reading long reviews of an paticular series, but the top suggested review says that Ishigami is the worst charcter? Lmao, he's the best male character of the show, sure there are people that hate him, hating him should be illegal, people worship him and the others call him "Ishigod" or an unpopular one "Chadgami". Aside from that, I don't get all the negative reviews that this show is getting, and I don't mind reading long reviews. This might be one of the best comedy series ever made.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2020
RaltsPokemon said:
Look, I hate reading long reviews of an paticular series, but the top suggested review says that Ishigami is the worst charcter? Lmao, he's the best male character of the show, sure there are people that hate him, hating him should be illegal, people worship him and the others call him "Ishigod" or an unpopular one "Chadgami". Aside from that, I don't get all the negative reviews that this show is getting, and I don't mind reading long reviews. This might be one of the best comedy series ever made.

Eh don’t take reviews seriously, just ignore them. Also u can tell they haven’t read the manga, he gets a ton of development and we’ll most likely see it at the end of the next season or after the the next season. There’s nothing much that’s bad in the series but I could see where ppl find it boring (when they introduce kaguya’s family) but aside from that love is war is still one of the best rom coms, whether ppl like it or not.
Oct 6, 2023 2:21 PM

Mar 2020
You see, it's pretty easy. I'll be so considerate that I'm going to enlight you: people may have different opinions, how wild!

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Oct 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Apr 2021
There is always negative reviews on every series just ignore 'em,also many people probably just hate him from the season 1 cause he felt more like a gag side character which acts annoying but he gets a literal arc around his character next season and they prolly felt "huh how why" maybe that's why.

tldr; negative reviews are common just ignore them.
Oct 6, 2023 2:32 PM
May 2020
Critical consensus is that Kaguya is great, but I understand getting hung up on bad criticism of something you love.

Kaguya’s so good most points against it are going to sound weird and made up, what you just mentioned is one of them.

The way MAL works, negative reviews of beloved shows get pushed to the top. They made that a bit better recently, but it’s still the case that those who disagree with consensus are going to scroll down to the reviews more.

Don’t get hung up on nonspecific points like “I don’t like this character” unless they explain their reasoning. There’s always going to be some people who randomly don’t like a great character.
Oct 6, 2023 2:44 PM
Jul 2020
BetterBegoneThot said:
You see, it's pretty easy. I'll be so considerate that I'm going to enlight you: people may have different opinions, how wild!

Agree, I don’t particularly hate anything about the show or the show itself. It really just isn’t funny to me, the jokes/gags are boring and at most I’ve sharply exhaled through my nose like twice
Oct 6, 2023 2:46 PM

Mar 2020
thotslayerXO said:
There is always negative reviews on every series just ignore 'em,also many people probably just hate him from the season 1 cause he felt more like a gag side character which acts annoying but he gets a literal arc around his character next season and they prolly felt "huh how why" maybe that's why.

tldr; negative reviews are common just ignore them.

This, you should totally ignore Mars of Destruction and EX-ARM haters for example. They don't have any taste frfr.

Oct 6, 2023 2:48 PM

Mar 2020
onespankman said:
Critical consensus is that Kaguya is great, but I understand getting hung up on bad criticism of something you love.

Kaguya’s so good most points against it are going to sound weird and made up, what you just mentioned is one of them.

The way MAL works, negative reviews of beloved shows get pushed to the top. They made that a bit better recently, but it’s still the case that those who disagree with consensus are going to scroll down to the reviews more.

Don’t get hung up on nonspecific points like “I don’t like this character” unless they explain their reasoning. There’s always going to be some people who randomly don’t like a great character.

Thing about MAL reviews, unless it got reworked (which I doubt) is that more reactions = higher in the ranking. People use the confused reaction for "bad reviews", thus making said review go higher.

Oct 6, 2023 2:51 PM
May 2020
DarkVoyagerx said:
BetterBegoneThot said:

Agree, I don’t particularly hate anything about the show or the show itself. It really just isn’t funny to me, the jokes/gags are boring and at most I’ve sharply exhaled through my nose like twice

Took me three watches of episode 1 for the comedy to click at all. On that third pass it just worked for some reason and now it’s one of my favorite anime.

Sometimes we just don’t like things for random reasons. People taking that and inventing intellectual cover for it is the root of most bad criticism.
Oct 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Dec 2021
I don't get why hating should be illegal just because people worship him. Every person has their own likes and dislikes. Typically, Ishigami is rather a very generic character. From Hachiman to Bocchi a pessimistic, introvert, highschooler is a very common troupe.

Concerning negative opinions on the anime, most of them go along the lines of "repetitive comedy", "lack of reasonable (romantic) development". I don't see these claims to be very wrong. A reasonable criticism, maintaining the essence of the content, is much more acceptable than a random throw of words like masterpiece, peak etc.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Oct 6, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2019
BetterBegoneThot said:

That is impossible! Everyone likes everything and there is no “difference of opinion.” If someone does hate something, they have to be faking it, I think.
Oct 6, 2023 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
The comedy doesn’t work at times, drags on for too long
Oct 6, 2023 3:10 PM

Mar 2020
ftvdeadmark said:
BetterBegoneThot said:

That is impossible! Everyone likes everything and there is no “difference of opinion.” If someone does hate something, they have to be faking it, I think.

Yeah, sorry, I've been faking my hate on Trigun for years. I'm just a hardcore tsundere.

Oct 6, 2023 3:16 PM
Jul 2022
The show is just cringe and unfunny. The only thing it succeeds at is being a boring waste of time...
Oct 6, 2023 3:16 PM
Apr 2023
I hate how they haven't announced a new season
Oct 6, 2023 3:18 PM
May 2020
Chronon said:
I don't get why hating should be illegal just because people worship him. Every person has their own likes and dislikes. Typically, Ishigami is rather a very generic character. From Hachiman to Bocchi a pessimistic, introvert, highschooler is a very common troupe.

Concerning negative opinions on the anime, most of them go along the lines of "repetitive comedy", "lack of reasonable (romantic) development". I don't see these claims to be very wrong. A reasonable criticism, maintaining the essence of the content, is much more acceptable than a random throw of words like masterpiece, peak etc.

You’re just looking at his basic archetype and not any of his specific personality traits or how he develops from that archetype. Not trying to spoil anything but he does not stay the way he starts.

Akasaka Aka likes to write characters by introducing a basic personality then peeling back layers as we learn more about them. The result is often a number of entirely separate personalities existing in one character (take ice Kaguya and dumb Kaguya for instance).

It’s a bit disingenuous to argue a character is bad based on the one point in a story where we know the least about them. Would be like criticizing the depth of One Piece’s world building in episode 2.

The idea that the romance doesn’t develop is also incorrect.
Oct 6, 2023 3:21 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to BetterBegoneThot
ftvdeadmark said:
BetterBegoneThot said:

Yeah, sorry, I've been faking my hate on Trigun for years. I'm just a hardcore tsundere.
@BetterBegoneThot I KNEW IT! TRIGUN IS AWESOME BAKA
Oct 6, 2023 3:43 PM
Oct 2019
It’s annoying unfunny and it seems pointless
Oct 6, 2023 3:59 PM
Jun 2023
i never felt annoying in this series because it is so much fun . all rom com have series and love triangle and mc and fmc does share their feelings and talk properly, they just create misunderstanding. but here they know eachother very well and they even know that they love each other but it's just that they want their love to confess first. and that's sooo much fun , l ove this show sooo much.
Oct 6, 2023 4:35 PM
Mar 2021
Read my review if you wanna understand what went wrong with love is war.
Oct 6, 2023 6:00 PM
May 2023
RaltsPokemon said:

Ishikami sounds better
Oct 6, 2023 6:34 PM
Jan 2022
I love this series there's nothing in this anime I hate
Oct 6, 2023 7:19 PM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
because there are two types of people in this world
based and unbased
and some clear examples being shown here [:
Oct 6, 2023 7:21 PM
Jun 2022
you serious bro? almost nobody hating on it. those reviews are trolls. you don't like reading long reviews is your problem so don't assume this series is bad.
Oct 6, 2023 8:46 PM

Jan 2021
Most characters feel like bad jokes and the fun part is that the jokes themselves are also bad jokes, and the premise is pretty dumb, it is a very normal romcom but very loud.

Ishigami is actually one of the best characters, but it is easy to ignore him at the start snce he gets actually good on the second season. Also, it is very funny when people say that negative reviews are troll reviews lol, as if people can't have negative opinions about a beloved show.
Oct 6, 2023 8:58 PM
Jan 2021
RaltsPokemon said:

They skipped some really good chapters from the manga so that they could rush their way to the confession arc in season 3.
Oct 6, 2023 9:22 PM

Feb 2023
To be honest, I've always found Ishigami annoying and that's not going to change anytime soon. Doesn't help that he looks and acts like a generic ass harem protag at times, which is a turnoff.

If people want to like/woreship him, they're free to do so. However they shouldn't be expecting everyone to jump on the same bandwagon.

P.S. I do NOT hate this series. In fact, I like almost everything about it besides the Ishigami stuff.

StyxParadiseOct 8, 2023 11:40 PM
Oct 6, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2021
I thought Ishigami felt like too much of a self-insert character for manga readers, people who would probably identify with him I guess. Don’t really enjoy him as a character.
Oct 6, 2023 10:09 PM
Apr 2022
how can u hate this series..?
Oct 6, 2023 10:17 PM
Jul 2022
people have different opinions? Never heard of it? Try it..it will change your life.
Oct 6, 2023 10:45 PM
Jan 2022
Just ignore those hate reviews
Oct 7, 2023 12:10 AM
Apr 2022
cant think of a reason
Oct 7, 2023 12:28 AM

Apr 2022
i can't think of any valid reasons.
Oct 7, 2023 2:06 AM
Sep 2020
anybody who has negative opinions about things I like should get ***********
Oct 7, 2023 3:15 AM
Sep 2023
RaltsPokemon said:

Ishigami is the best written character in the entire manga as well ,Bro just needs someone to stay by his side forever,Bro expects a long term relationship not just a temporary one...I only watched the series and completed the manga for him, haven't rooted for the main characters and their story as it is just suuuuperr annoying
Oct 7, 2023 3:24 AM

Oct 2020
Well straight up, most off putting things with this series are its overrating, lack of real good comedy like other good ones and pretty much lousy ending.
The most annoying thing is its latest season being up there with actual good shows.
Oct 7, 2023 4:26 AM

Jun 2023
Oh lords! How atrociously audacious and impudent one must be to not be of the same thinking mind as yourself! I cannot encapsulate such a travesty!

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Oct 7, 2023 4:32 AM
Jun 2021
Don’t bother with Mal reviewers, they’re all pretentious narcissists. Listen to actual reviewers or well made video essays.
Oct 7, 2023 6:43 AM

Jul 2023
I don't hate it.
It's a very fun series. It has a combination of romance and comedy that makes the anime very interesting. I gave it a 9/10
Oct 7, 2023 7:36 AM
Apr 2023
The problem with the series I have is them try to get the other one to break and confess their love but it never goes in the right direction and it gets tiring after a few episodes. I love the theme songs but I don’t have much to say. It’s good other people like it when I don’t have strong feelings about it.
Oct 7, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2022
I've watched the entire show and it's really just not my thing. I think the end of season 3 is actually pretty good because the character arcs are pretty well done. But other than that, the whole show revolves around a non- issue (in my opinion) and the humor doesn't really stick for me. I understand why people like this show, but I'll stick with Pop Team Epic if I want "comedy"
Oct 7, 2023 9:39 AM
Feb 2023
Its boring af 💀
Oct 7, 2023 11:06 AM
Jun 2022
cheeeapp said:

i love when people(just like you)made shit up or straight up lying just to hate a particular show. Its funny im ngl
Oct 7, 2023 11:16 AM
Mar 2021
makis_idk said:
cheeeapp said:

i love when people(just like you)made shit up or straight up lying just to hate a particular show. Its funny im ngl

What did I make up💀.
Oct 7, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2023
RaltsPokemon said:

Don't comment on those reviews either they are fandoms of other anime coming to degrade it or It's their own thought 💭
Ishigami is the most relatable person in the show
He is the best character for a reason 😎
Oct 8, 2023 7:42 AM
Feb 2021
RaltsPokemon said:

It’s popular, and battling attack on Titan/ fullmetal alchemist for top ranks. There’s gonna be one group that hates on it just because it’s popular and new and another just because it threatens their favorite show. People get weirdly defensive about this kind of thing. It’s best to ignore them tbh
Oct 8, 2023 6:00 PM
May 2022
onespankman said:
Chronon said:

You’re just looking at his basic archetype and not any of his specific personality traits or how he develops from that archetype. Not trying to spoil anything but he does not stay the way he starts.

Akasaka Aka likes to write characters by introducing a basic personality then peeling back layers as we learn more about them. The result is often a number of entirely separate personalities existing in one character (take ice Kaguya and dumb Kaguya for instance).

It’s a bit disingenuous to argue a character is bad based on the one point in a story where we know the least about them. Would be like criticizing the depth of One Piece’s world building in episode 2.

Not a good example since aren’t they criticizing the character where they’re at currently in the anime rather how they feel after only seeing a couple of episodes of an anime with multiple seasons? Even if they have good development coming up judging off of manga there’s no guarantee they adapt it properly so all someone can do is judge the anime off of where it currently is.
Oct 8, 2023 9:06 PM
May 2020
Felsun said:
onespankman said:

Not a good example since aren’t they criticizing the character where they’re at currently in the anime rather how they feel after only seeing a couple of episodes of an anime with multiple seasons? Even if they have good development coming up judging off of manga there’s no guarantee they adapt it properly so all someone can do is judge the anime off of where it currently is.

There is such a thing as judging too early. If you think a character seems basic the episode they’re introduced, yeah, that’s kind of how characters work. Again, it’s like criticizing the depth of One Piece’s world building in episode 2. It’s an example of judging something too early.

But more than that, the issue is they’re judging solely based on the character’s archetype. This would be like criticizing a character based solely on the fact that they’re tsundere, that’s bad criticism because it ignores the specific traits that define the character.

Every character occupies some sort of archetype, what makes them bad or good is the specific traits that define them, and the role they serve in their story. If your argument is that every story needs to redefine narrative fiction by constructing completely original character types, you’re asking for too much. Or at least, you don’t really understand why you feel way you do about the character.

This is not to say there aren’t characters you can immediately clock as bad, but that doing so based solely on that character’s archetype is bad criticism.
Oct 9, 2023 12:49 AM
Aug 2018
Didn’t dislike it, but the circlejerking overhyped it to the moon and back.
Oct 10, 2023 3:31 AM
Mar 2022
StyxParadise said:
To be honest, I've always found Ishigami annoying and that's not going to change anytime soon. Doesn't help that he looks and acts like a generic ass harem protag at times, which is a turnoff.

If people want to like/woreship him, they're free to do so. However they shouldn't be expecting everyone to jump on the same bandwagon.

P.S. I do NOT hate this series. In fact, I like almost everything about it besides the Ishigami stuff.

I absolutely love Ishigami, he’s my favorite characters in this show, and one of my favorite anime characters in general. But that opinion of mine is irrelevant to the question I have for you. How did you get your text so big?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

22 by contrastz »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

270 by otakuanity »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.