Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
This anime really takes advantage of the social media age...

Aqua and Kana's character chemistry is pretty interesting to see after their reuinon. Furthermore, there's some background storytelling for Kana and how she aims to be a strong idol in the industry. Even with a handful of scenes, I find Kana's personailty quite vibrant and relatable. 

Not going to lie, I'm impressed by how much this anime takes its time to make the cast as human as possible while also exploring their personal motivations.
Aug 2022
Aqua Still in search for his Biological father.
Ricky16Apr 26, 2023 7:39 AM

May 2020
Well people can argue about the best girl, from the ones who are still alive.. but the thing is Kana is equally likeable as Akane, who’ll appear in some due time. Though now that Kana is here first, it was actually good to see her not being the same super annoying she was in the past. But hey some sort of attachment for Aqua is still there, be it in however form. I mean she even went all the way with him to the director’s house just so she could convince him to return back to the world of acting. 

Being the wannabe stoic he is, of course he was reluctant to take her advice until she mentions about the drama she’s currently doing, and the producer behind it. That producer who dude believes has some sort of connection with Ai, thanks to his genius efforts back in the past, to decipher the password of one of those mobile phones Ai used to have, and catching the names of a few individuals in the address book who may have some lead to Ai’s life before she gave birth.

But hey dude studied medicine in his previous life but still a master of permutations and combinations for some reason… 

Anyways to the filming set, the work is already underway. Dude is playing a stalker, but it still isn’t weird for Kana to appreciate his acting skills, when all he did was stand at a place in black hoodie for the whole while and maybe spoke a few lines.. but hey the attachment as I said. Though an oscar worthy act is coming next time, so stay tuned.

Feb 2018
I like this incest moment. Kanna was curious about the producer Aqua was referring to. Why didn't Aqua accept Kanna's invitation to go to Kanna's room? Why was Kanna happy that Aqua was still involved in the industry. Wouldn't it be easy if Aqua left the industry because Kanna's competition would be gone? Aqua, Kannda, and Producer's breakfast moment was also fun and interesting. Kanna invited Aqua to join the drama project but yeahhh it was rejected by Aqua. Aqua became tsundere and it was cute. I like Kanna's straightforward nature.

The first clue for revenge? A mobile phone would be a useful mystery clue. Aqua changes the battery of the mobile phone and fixes it, it turns on and works fine. Kaburagi's mystery clue? It took several years to decode Hoshino Ai's mobile phone password. And yahhh it was revealed that Hoshino Ai's password was 45510. What does 45510 mean? Is it the date of birth?

Aqua approved Kanna's drama project. Ruby was happy to hear that from Miyako-san. They saw Kanna's drama but yeahhh I thought it was a bad drama. I gave Kanna's drama 1/10 lul. The scene in the Karaoke room really upset Kanna and I liked Kanna's reaction.

Even though it was a bad drama but I salute Kanna who was worked hard in acting the drama. This episode really focused on Kanna. I thought that in episode 3, Kanna's Seiyuu was really good at doing Kanna's voice and I liked how Kanna's Seiyuu intonated in the dialogue with Aqua.

And then the day finally arrived. This is the acting battle for Aqua after a long time.... Next EPS?

Nov 2010
  • The most funny part of the episode was those poor voice acting of the net drama.
  • That former child actress has good personality and I like it.

Apr 26, 2023 7:37 AM
Dec 2021
It's a shame.
How dull and boring can an anime become after such a wonderful movie.
Should have ended after episode 1. It's all downhill from here I'm afraid.
AnimeIs4KidzApr 26, 2023 8:11 AM
Apr 26, 2023 7:38 AM

Jul 2021
Kana Kana center episode time around she's the funniest. They made the drama scene more funnier lmao. I may sound impatient but I really wanted them to adapt the scene in Chapter 17 for this episode but I guess now it's just a built-up for the next episode that'll scream more quality? Who knows but I can see it'll go that way from a single Kana shot taken from the PV.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 26, 2023 7:45 AM

Jan 2021
Another great episode. If this momentum just keeps up till the end, this could be the anime of the season... or... anime of the year!
The production, the voice actors, the animation, they're all doing a great job that I'm praising to them so much.
Yep the op theme by YOASOBI and the ed theme by Queen Bee are 100% unskippable for me, It's so beautiful plus the animation is the cherry on top.

You gotta respect Aqua's persistence, the dedication to crack the password for 4 years, truly shows his determination to find the murderer of his mother.
It's so funny, they're meming so much about the director still living with his parents.
And here we go, Aqua is gonna appear in a live action now just to get in touch with his target, Masaya Kaburagi.
Kana is awesome, welp this is a dark world that you gonna deal with, the harsh truth of entertainment industry. Aqua needs to show them what he can do. Let's go my boooiiiiiii.

Thanks for the meal

(meme not mine)
Apr 26, 2023 8:16 AM

Nov 2020
Nice episode. I was kinda dislike Arima on eps 1 but now she will be my favorite character along side with Aquamarine
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Apr 26, 2023 8:25 AM
Jun 2021
I believe in Ruby supremacy
Apr 26, 2023 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Kana Arima appears in the twins' life again, though this time, it's Loli-senpai asking him questions about the time between his child actor days to the teenage years. The celebrity is still pretty much invested in his life, and out of desperation, he brings her towards Director Gotanda's crib, which she feels hurt that she hasn't seen him in years. Well, the self-sufficient brat herself still lives off well, and to persuade Aqua back into showbiz, the work of Kaguya-sama's Ch. 73 drama "Today Will Be Sweet" is a project that Kana is in, that she hopes will reel Aqua in, while he remains discreet about his origins to make sure that he traces back towards his deceased mother's phone, and passcode itself should be an obvious clue...towards Kana's current TV drama producer: Masaya Kaburagi.

To Aqua, getting anyone affiliated with Ai brings him one step closer towards the father, and showbiz is just a stepping stone in his objective and goal. The live-action drama on the other hand...seems preposterous that it's more like an amateurish project that's targeting the Shoujo demographic where Kana is just acting on behalf of the less experienced Ikemen whose ham-fisted work frustrates her to no end, much less its adaptation bearing disappointment from the original author and having Kana's reputation affected in the process. But now, she learns to adapt with whatever work that she's given with Producer Kaburagi, even when it spells disaster. Aqua's part for the drama's final episode, it's just the same as how she gruelled him back when they were kids, though she's thankfully more understanding now.

Just like anime production, live-action production is the same, just depending on the mood of those in the directorial role and aspiring young actors working to the pedigree up their career path. It's ironic that Aqua would play the part of Kana's drama persona stalker, and the exact portrayal would help build his character going forward, despite his behind-the-scenes mentality and the run-of-the-mill acting skills, which Kana complimented the same when people thought that her career was all but over. As expected, even Producer Kaburagi hasn't had high hopes for Kana being the dirt-cheap freelance actor who can act and compliment any work, something which Aqua has learnt before stepping into the showbiz world.

Time to start the sortie, but save Kana in the process too, for Aqua, himself to give it all for Kana.
Apr 26, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2019
Imagine spending that long to crack a password. Can't deny it, Aqua is very dedicated when it comes to his plan.

Apr 26, 2023 8:30 AM

Mar 2019
this episode felt like it was progressing the story a bit slower than the others but i think it was still good. i really loved kana's character though
Apr 26, 2023 8:31 AM

Mar 2015
I'm surprised this episode didn't conclude the drama filming, but I do like that the show is taking its time and really leaning into the characters, with the industry being somewhat of a character itself.
My lists are way out of date...
Apr 26, 2023 8:31 AM
Sep 2016
I am actually pleasantly surprised by this one. I did not have much patience for Kana in the manga, but this episode did a great job displaying her charisma and I found myself smiling along with her. Really nicely done! Also, this anime is just so entertaining overall, it's always a shock when the episode ends. The cliffhanger has me so hyped for episode 4!!!!

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying they dislike Ruby or that she is annoying and I will never understand. I simply adore her! 
Apr 26, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2016
The patience to get the right passcode. I would've gone insane from frustration. But I guess with a goal in mind you have to keep pushing. My man is dedicated fr.

Poor mangaka. I don't think I've ever seen a series that's "criticizing" the producers of poor adaptations with messy schedules. The staff depicted as the ones motivated to give their utmost to let the viewers have the best possible experience and that they care for the author of the source seems about right as well. Upcoming stars can be out of touch, tho. Still kinda tolerable if compared to Kaburagi.

I enjoyed the insight about the show business, the focus on Kana alongside her dynamic with Aqua,the suspense that came with Aqua tracking down his target and him about to turn up. I hought the pacing was just right and there was rather a lot going on. Not every episode needs to have some big or shocking moments to be considered great, especially when you get character moments and some social commentary like in this series in exchange.
FMmatronApr 26, 2023 9:58 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2023 8:32 AM
May 2021
Ooo am liking how this is slowly building up! Another banger ep!!
Apr 26, 2023 8:33 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
this just keeps on getting better and better
kana has grown a lot 
she's actually very likeable now
I can see why a lot of manga readers say she best girl
Homura24Apr 26, 2023 9:06 AM

Apr 26, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
Oh my god Kana stans we are so here

Her design and voice are so perfect in the anime. Love her banter and chemistry with Aqua. Shoutout to ruby’s seiyuu too. It’s her first performance IIRC and she’s doing great.

I’m loving the slower build up pace of the anime too
Apr 26, 2023 8:36 AM
Mar 2012
Love it. And can't skip that OP!
Apr 26, 2023 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
Lol the bad acting depicted when they were viewing the episode is hilarious. In any case, I'd like to see more of Kana. Maybe more of the school?
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 26, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2018
I have not read the manga, but I know they are Cooking. 
Apr 26, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great episode Kana is starting to grow on me as a character, it was nice to see that she didn't quit acting and is still trying hard to be successful
Apr 26, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2017
Good episode! Also I was happy to see Kana again. Honestly, I find her more likeable than Ruby. Part of me wishes she was the main heroine instead since she has such an interesting chemistry with Aqua as well. It seems that Aqua is still looking for their dad.  I have to say. I was a bit dissapointed by the way the episode ended. I really wanted to see Aqua's creepy acting again xD it was a strong point in episode 1. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 26, 2023 8:51 AM
Jun 2019
Yes, compared to the previous two eps this one was a bit on the lower side but this ep was necessary for the show to go back to it's golden stage. It was same as what it showed in this ep it was a necessary for the story to move furthur
Apr 26, 2023 8:52 AM
Apr 2023
I can't wait to see the next episode !!!!!!!
Apr 26, 2023 8:55 AM

Nov 2018
Weakest episode until now, but not bad. Having read the manga, I can guarantee to everyone that got disappointed, that from now on, all the episodes should be pretty good. Looking forward to the climax of this arc and the beginning of the third one, which is one of my favourites.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 26, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2018
So Aqua is going back to acting after all. Happened sooner than I expected. But it’s not all because of Kana like I thought.

I like Kana's nickname. Loli-senpai lol. I liked her expressions throughout the episode. She changed a lot.

Trying to pick a phone's lock for 4 years is some insane dedication. But if I was in Aqua's position I'm sure I'd do the same thing.

That show's acting was so cringe lol. Idk what I'd feel like if that was real acting in a real show I was watching. Especially if it was an adaptation of my favorite manga or something. The mangaka looked dead inside. I'm sure that's how many creators feel when their work is adapted by Hollywood and other places.

Excited to see Aqua's banger acting in episode 4.
Apr 26, 2023 8:56 AM

Oct 2022
Kana really dragging this episode. A person so naive and kind is to be protected at any cost. I hope the MC doesn't use her as a pawn in his revenge path. At the end there is the usual lessons of the shadowy showbiz business. IMO if the show continue in this way more focusing in Kana or Ruby careers than a solo revenge story for sure i will like it

Apr 26, 2023 8:57 AM
Apr 2023
I want to write the name of the director who cut the story off at a good point in the story in my Death Note.
Mar 2021
I'm really invested in this revenge plot.
It's also super interesting how it portrays the negative side of the entertainment industry.
Can't wait for the next ep.

Feb 2021
Both best OP and ED this season no doubt.
I felt physical pain when they were watching the episode.
It's really fascinating to see the backside of the entertainment industry like this. Poor mangaka, seeing her work being butchered like that...
And I love Kana already.
Break a leg, Aqua!
EmbientApr 26, 2023 10:12 AM
Apr 26, 2023 9:03 AM
Feb 2023
idk what it is but i like the direction the anime is going again, felt better than ep2 imo
Apr 26, 2023 9:04 AM

Jul 2012
All those empty cans of food in her room. No furniture either. Kana must've lied when she told the director she was eating well. Her eyes looked sad and lonely, too. But she seemed to be full of hope. So I hope things start changing for her. It looks like Kana had some effect on Aqua as well and now he's resolved to show us something amazing in the next episode.
Apr 26, 2023 9:10 AM
Feb 2023
Weakest episode until now. Way too slow compared even to the manga.

I know next episode will be better. This could take anime of the season but won’t even touch Anime of the Year due to many reasons.
Sep 2021
This episode showed once again the darkness which is present in the entertainment world it's con's and the personality and background of the people working in it. Sad that we didn't get aqua's acting this episode.

Jul 2017
Was pretty bored with the previous episode, but this one was an improvement for me. This episode felt more focused with a direction in mind, allowing Kana's character to get the time throughout this episode to show herself off in her interactions with Aqua while visually capturing the emotions she is undergoing expressively. That was more interesting than the mystery elements in this episode in my opinion. Some may find it slow but I found the pacing to flow way better and more effective here than the previous episode, especially when the director and Aqua were together with the mother interrupting them like 5 times, that genuinely felt like forever by comparison. The last line that Aqua said in this episode was pretty damn cringey though not gonna lie, kind of an awkward finish for me compared to how the rest of the episode went.
Apr 26, 2023 9:13 AM

Dec 2020
Kana Arima has a really nice personality i like her very and lol ruby calls her brother a siscon and kana a loli.
They go together at karaoke we see that aqua has begins with acting in a tv drama because of the director has a connection to AI.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 26, 2023 9:14 AM

Jul 2021
haven't read the manga but I can tell he's not their father (probably), considering this is the third episode it is way to fast to give away the culprit
Apr 26, 2023 9:15 AM
Apr 2023
Episode 3 was very nice, definitely not as hype as the original episode, however its definitely a great show. The animation is very nice, The way Aquas eye is animated in close ups is very nice.
Really nice episode, not too rushed
Apr 26, 2023 9:17 AM
Aug 2022
I'm sorry but Aqua's last line..
---Lets go out w/ a bang---
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
CAN NOT wait¬
Apr 26, 2023 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
Was a bit on the slower side, but still enjoyable to watch. I am guessing in the next episode Aqua is going to go all out in acting after what he heard and push Kana forward so she can show her true skills. Might also help him as well, though it will really depend on whether he is going for more of a support to Kana or on equal footing.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Apr 26, 2023 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
We get a more in depth of how corrupt the media, thats great. I also liked the irony of giving him the role of a stalker
Apr 26, 2023 9:21 AM

Mar 2020
A bit slower than I expected in terms of the pacing, but it's nothing really to complain about. I did like some of the commentary on the entertainment industry, with how production and casting go about. Kana seems like she has changed mostly for the better, but she's still a bit naive about how the industry works, which is honestly expected since she hasn't been cast in a main role before.

While some may be offput by the change in plot direction from Episode 1, or be offput by the comedy, personally, I'm not that worried about that, even as an anime-only. There should be enough intrigue to keep me going. We'll see how Aqua steals the show next time.
Apr 26, 2023 9:22 AM
Apr 2023
i can't see the hype around this it's a normal isakai like anime and there are darkar anime from this i am not saying it's a bad anime but it's not like better then anyone else..
Apr 26, 2023 9:23 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
Apr 26, 2023 9:26 AM
Aug 2018
Overall really good. but plz give an ending with 100% satisfaction.
Apr 26, 2023 9:29 AM
Mar 2023
Excellent as usually
Apr 26, 2023 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
Such a tiring episode (the anime in general) with them expositing every time they speak. A couple of humorous moments, but they aren't enough to offset the absolute boredom felt off the rest of the episode.
Apr 26, 2023 9:36 AM

May 2021
was nice seeing kanna's antics in anime form, she so cute. solid ep but waiting for the next arc!
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Today

44 by unlocked1 »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.