Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2023 9:09 AM
Jun 2022
well... this made me reduce my initial rating i guess. not that its bad or anything. 2nd ep didnt have anything spectacular. expecting more in the future! love for the board!
Apr 19, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
That black eye aqua look scary af.
fastest character development award goes to arima like she suprised me.

R.I.P. Ai.
Apr 19, 2023 9:10 AM

Jan 2015
An OK episode at best. I can’t stand Aqua.
Hopefully the first episode wasn’t the peak of the series, although after this week’s I feel like it might be.

OP is amazing tho
Apr 19, 2023 9:13 AM

Jun 2014
These twin siblings couldn't be any more different, with Ruby having ambitious dreams of following in her moms footsteps in becoming an idol, while Aqua has no intention of allowing that to happen. Ruby has no plans to give up easily though, and meanwhile, we see Aqua trying to figure out whether or not he still wants to pursue acting. Looks like they reunited with that one child actress from episode 1 at their new school, so that should cause some interesting developments going forward. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 19, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2019
Aqua now turns out to have some insane secret plot to prevent Ruby from being an idol I guess? Glad it turns out Ichigo Productions is starting another idol group (or at least it seems that way) kinda just for her for now!

Aqua also naturally had a great score on his application, seeing as he was literally a doctor in his previous life anyway, he'd know a thing or two already. That natural boost in life is something I'm sure most of us would love to have. Nothing special, just a starting intelligence xD!

Oh and I really hope that "I will definitely be like mama" from Ruby is NOT foreshadowing!
Apr 19, 2023 9:17 AM
Aug 2021
Kana arima yes yes
Apr 19, 2023 9:17 AM

Jun 2020
Yeah I still can't get used with Aqua's design in the anime but he still looks handsome so why not.
Decent episode.
Apr 19, 2023 9:18 AM
Apr 2022
Xenocrisi said:
Hopefully the first episode wasn’t the peak of the series, although after this week’s I feel like it might be.

OP is amazing tho
Bro it was a set up week, why does it convince you the rest will be weaker… just because not every episode is at the quality of a movie level episode it’s suddenly gonna be worse?

Mar 2015
Slower build up episode this week, but still a lot of really interesting happenings in it. Aqua is such a normal and well adjusted individual!

Obligatory KANA IS THE CUTEST

See you next week for banger Kana episode.
Feb 2022
not nearly as good as episode one but considering the circumstances the pacing was really good and it covered what it needed to without having to drag it another episode out
Apr 19, 2023 9:19 AM
Feb 2021
It was good. I think so. Story is progressing.
Apr 19, 2023 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
This was soo good. And I am honestly surprised that they maintain this insane movie level quality throughout the Episodes
Apr 19, 2023 9:21 AM
Nov 2017
OP so banger since YOASOBI, EP it focus only how dark the series the POV is Aqua how he still proceed on his revenge to his loveble mother Ai for tracking down his own father, while Ruby still proceed to her dream became idol like Ai to experience how it mother became Legendary Idol

this episode show how dark it will come in next episode, I'm bit funny how they show Kana liking floor of "baking soda"
Apr 19, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2018
First expression:
The OP AND ED song was so excellent
Lastly
The story content already in details (no adding story, no dropped story)..
But I have a big question want to you to ask:

What fo you mean this code no. 4 5 5 1 0 means? That will be found in opening song "idol"...
Apr 19, 2023 9:22 AM

Oct 2022
Interesting to see what happens after the events that occured a decade ago.

Aqua is already following his plan and I just can't wait to witness the next episode of the best anime of this season (imo!)
Apr 19, 2023 9:23 AM
Nov 2021
Good second episode good character development and amazing drawing as always
Apr 19, 2023 9:23 AM

Apr 2021
Another great episode!! The opening and ending visuals are dope!!
Apr 19, 2023 9:24 AM
Apr 2023
cool nice perfect
Apr 19, 2023 9:26 AM
Jul 2022
Aqua Hoshino is the next Light Yagami of anime. I know that's a bold statement coming from somebody who hasn't finished Death Note, but I can see the similarities between their characters. Also I love how Aqua goes from being this happy-go-lucky kid who dreams about being an actor to a 17 year old (sort of) with knowledge of how the idol and acting industries work. You'd better believe I'm seeing this series through to the end.

P.S. The revenge plot is amazing. No other way to put it other than amazing
Apr 19, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2018
I love new episode, especially video clip opening
Apr 19, 2023 9:27 AM
Mar 2023
Bro I just cooomed
Apr 19, 2023 9:28 AM

Sep 2021
Great art, great story, this is one of the best anime ever!
Apr 19, 2023 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
PersiaJuliet23 said:
First expression:
Lastly

What fo you mean this code no. 4 5 5 1 0 means? That will be found in opening song "idol"...
https://www.reddit.com/r/OshiNoKo/comments/12qbq0z/oshi_no_ko_short_story_45510/
Dec 2022
People told me episode 2 onwards wasn't going to be that good but they clearly lied cuz holy shit this episode was almost just as good as episode 1
Dec 2021
Xenocrisi said:

OP is amazing tho
naah it wasnt the peak this week and ig next week will be a setup ep so dont worry much there is much greater heights to come
Apr 19, 2023 9:30 AM

May 2016
ol appealing to the average MAL user.

Apr 19, 2023 9:30 AM
Dec 2021
PersiaJuliet23 said:
First expression:
Lastly

its a spoiler for upcoming episodes
Apr 19, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
Trying to prevent a loved one from becoming an idol is something I would do as well, considering this anime is basically an animated version of what living in the worst future of idols would be like, where they can actually be killed unexpectedly.

Apr 19, 2023 9:32 AM
May 2020
Aqua moment frfr on god
Apr 19, 2023 9:36 AM
May 2021
Just completed the second episode, I didn't liked it as much as I liked the first episode, what I think is I should give this anime sometime to develop around my brain. I feel like, I have been expecting toooo much from this anime after watching the first episode (Another reason could be the same author as kaguya-sama).
Apr 19, 2023 9:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid continuation from that heck of an introductory episode, I came into this episode expecting nothing like it because some sort of development will definitely be required for the moments later to impact harder. 

Aqua has become a full siscon and honestly, that kind of makes sense given what transpired last episode. At least he's giving her some leeway with Ichigo Productions. Manipulating left and right, it usually doesn't end well with people or characters too obsessed with revenge, and he's clearly treading on that line here. Hopefully, it won't bad though. His interactions with the Director are spot-on, and I love the mother, xD. 

Looks like Arima-san's here too. Gold interaction in the end there! 

It's nice to see Saitou-san completely in the motherly role. I wonder if she still believes in the "God's message" story, lol.

Op and ED visuals are amazing and the effect with the eyes are still on, here's to hoping Doga Koba will be able to keep up with the quality and give this adaption the love that it deserves. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 19, 2023 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
Mainly a setup for what's to come so not much to comment.
Apr 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Jul 2020
This was actually interesting, better than the first episode if you ask me. and yeah, the OP is awesome
Apr 19, 2023 9:44 AM
Jul 2020
Well this is basically the start of the actual story, so great i'd call it a great start i guess. Opening is a banger, ending is great too!

Dec 2018
A normal episode... First episode are still a masterpiece.

Alright, it's Aqua and Ruby teenager life. Ruby's is really passionate about idol... While Aqua really passionate to find his father.

Aqua design looks HOT but with his gloomy personality and a blonde with a star on his eye kinda off for me...

The OP song are amazing! The ED song is good too but the OP are so loveable.

Wings

Apr 2017
As expected, they had to put the foot on the brakes after that first episode to introduce the time-skip.

It's funny that Kana was excited to see Aqua again. I guess she's been waiting all these years to get one over him.
Apr 19, 2023 9:47 AM

Mar 2020
A week has never felt this long, felt like a long stretch of time since the 90 minute premiere, and I do like how they built upon the tragedy of Ai nicely. I know many people might criticize Aqua for being a bit overprotective, but it feels realistic enough, after all, his mother died because of the disgusting nature that idol culture entails, so it's only fitting that Aqua would want to stop Ruby from following Ai's footsteps. By making Strawberry Productions active again though, it's a fair compromise that Aqua and Ruby should be satisfied with, as the family can help manage Ruby's activities.

As for the director, he gives good advice to Aqua, and his mom has the worst timing possible, she's hilarious. Looks like the school will be the next setting for this show, and we get to see Kana again, who seems a bit less stuck up than before.

Visually, this continues to look quite solid, and you can tell that this is a passion project for sure. OP and ED were catchy songs as well, though I'm not sure either of them would be my favourite OP or ED of the season. Still enjoying this show a lot, and I think I'll probably follow the manga alongside the anime, just reading the chapters that have been covered in the anime so far.
Apr 19, 2023 9:48 AM

Feb 2017
seems like a good compromise to have ruby work under strawberry productions so they can at least keep an eye on her. was feeling pretty bad for her since aqua is sabotaging her chances of becoming an idol (understandably, of course, but not really fair)

placeholder text
Apr 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
I think Aqua shouldn't try to sabotage any of Ruby's attempts to became an idol, so she can understand the harsh reality of that particular show business. Overall, good follow up to the story.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 19, 2023 9:51 AM
Dec 2022
Best fucking anime of this season
Apr 19, 2023 9:53 AM
Jun 2021
episode was good overall , for a setup/ building episode it was great. i expect it to be slow for while since it needs to build the world and characters, i dont mind it like other people.
Apr 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
This was a solid follow-up to that feature-length first episode, I have to say. The OP visuals looks really impressive and fits the Yoasobi song perfectly. Queen Bee's ED song was also good, with a hint of sadness to it which reflected well on the ED animation.

It's kind of scary to see Aqua going to the lengths in preventing Ruby from becoming an idol, which you can tell how upset she was when she didn't succeed in her latest audition. Seeing her cry makes me feel sad for her. =(

Thankfully, Strawberry Productions will make a move into managing an idol group once again and Ruby was the first to sign up, which was definitely the best case scenario for her and her overprotective brother, Aqua. Speaking of which, I enjoyed his time with the director, both the conversations they were having about his goals and what he wants to do, but also the many times the director's other kept on barging into his room without knocking. XD

With both Aqua and Ruby joining the same high school, they were reunited with the child actress, Kana, who was really happy to see Aqua again, only to be horrified when he told her that he wasn't doing the same course as her. Still, she does look like a proper beauty now that she's older. I do look forward to seeing more of her in the future.
Apr 19, 2023 9:56 AM
Apr 2023
The second episode look great but now its too dark
Apr 19, 2023 9:57 AM
Apr 2023
was really good this chapter
Apr 19, 2023 9:57 AM
Dec 2021
Fucking hate edgy boys
Episode 1 was great but this one is bellow average sadly
Apr 19, 2023 9:59 AM
Feb 2021
felt like it ended so soon and now i gotta wait another week for this masterpiece
Apr 19, 2023 10:03 AM

Sep 2020
Huge drop in quality. This episode was soo boring. I almost fall asleep half way through the episode.
Apr 19, 2023 10:04 AM
Sep 2022
I REALLY LOVE THIS ANIME
Apr 19, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2022
I'm not a huge fan of the "person barges in and ruins emotional moment" trope so I kinda disliked the scene at the end with the director's mom but other than that I've been loving this show. Idol show x Murder Mystery? What a fantastic and exciting premise. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this story!

Apr 19, 2023 10:05 AM
Jun 2020
So far so good. Love it
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2678 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:10 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.