Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2023 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
Just came back from the theaters...
And Oshi no Ko...
I expected it to be like an average Idol Show, where they just expose what is behind the industry of the Idols, but instead....
This anime was so good just for it's first episode and I look forward to watching the other 10 left!
9/10
Mar 27, 2023 10:55 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
The thread will be unlocked when the episode officially releases on April 12 at approximately 24:30 (JST)
The thread has been unlocked.

Don't post spoilers unless they are hidden in spoiler tags.
KayKimiiApr 12, 2023 8:30 AM
Apr 12, 2023 8:30 AM

May 2020
The plague which goes by the name of, “Idol Culture”, has to be the worst ever thing to gain popularity as a form of entertainment. The Korean thing has taken over the world, though its Japanese counterpart may not be as popular worldwide, but still it’s equally insufferable, and so are those fans who follow these things. Talking about this series, it does one good thing, showing the horrendous aspects of this industry.

Now this is one massively overhyped series, and to be frank with reasons unknown. Starting off with a grown ass doctor who’s an idol fanatic, or to be more accurate, of Hoshino Ai. That clingy obsession was… so japanese. Though life happens and somehow, someway, one day Ai with her manager ended up in his hospital, and now him being a gynaecologist, that just means one lone thing… yes Ai was pregnant, moreover with twins at that. Sure she can’t go public with this sort of thing, I mean knowing idol fanatics they’ll start sending death threats at the very least upon learning something of this magnitude. And unfortunately that indeed happened, not with Ai, though with that doctor. Stalker came and stabbed him to death, just because he operated on Ai during her pregnancy lmaooooooooooooo. Such a sad end to someone’s life, in all honesty.

You see now this is where the main thing starts, man got reincarnated, as one of Ai’s children, surely a dream come true for the creep. His new name being Hoshio Aquamire, and his twin sister is one of those reincarnated beings too, that sickly patient Serena, who died back then, with her new name being Hoshino Ruby. They both admired Ai, and look with some work of fate, now they both are her children lol. Mind of a grownup inside kids is a lethal combo, and so their activities were. Giving trash replies back to those who said something against Ai, attending her concerts, tagging her along to studious… everything a fanatic would do. Though it wasn’t just Ai getting all the attention, we even had a few people fawning over that reincarnated creep Aqua. That director’s one of them, offering him a small role in his work, where we met one of the main heroines of this series, Arima Kana. She may seem a bit annoying now, but she’s good enough. We’ll know going forward with the timeskip.

Time flew by, kids grew up a bit, but not like Ai can still go public about her kids, though that doesn’t change the fact just how she used to adore her kids, and I’m saying “used to” because it’s not like she stopped doing so but those unforeseen circumstances in the end made her do so. The stalker from the past, who killed Aqua in his previous life, came back and this time stabbed Ai, quite brutally too. You ask the reason… well because he somehow discovered she has kids now, and that’s not how idols are supposed to live, according to these hardcore idol fanatics… LOWEST OF THE LOW BEINGS FOR A REASON. 

90 minutes was way tooooo long for a premiere, like watching this whole thing in one sitting is nothing but chore. Though given they wanted to adapt the whole first volume i.e. first 10 chapters, it has to be this way. Anyways art was already good enough as it was, and this studio perfectly capitalised every bit of it with that superb animation. Also BANGER opening.

Prologue done, now it’ll be the main thing from next time… REVENGE EDITION. It’s a good thing this season will only adapt up to those parts this series was decent at best, before it went down the way it is right now. So something to look forward to. By the way post-credit.. :(
Apr 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
Probably the most hype I've been in a long time due to a number of reasons. First, it's Aka-sensei's work and second, it has been hyped by the manga readers so much that I had to physically control myself from reading this manga all this time because of the anime. So... I had no clue what I'm jumping into. The first episode has been released into a 90-minute time slot, so yeah, basically a mini-movie. The premise was pretty wholesome but dark at the same time. I didn't expect that to happen to the doctor. Poor guy. But, it was kinda a blessing as well. Though, we already know how horrible the Idol work can be. Her children are so adorable but her biggest fans as well. LOL. Plus, the whole overly obsessed fans. Very creepy.

Idol job is very hard and doing it all the time makes it even more difficult. I loved her genuine smile when she saw her children. That was so freaking adorable. Nah... man, 'Tanujirou' was too harsh before. And, just like that things went down south for all of them. That was so sad and emotional to think about. It wasn't supposed to be like this. The episode basically trying to tell the Idols and other celebs are just like any other one of us. They have their lives just like us. And, then the reality of the Internet and the dark side of it which will always stay like this no matter how things are. One hell of a rollercoaster and one hell of a start to this story.

Doga Kobo, you guys did a phenomenal job bringing out the emotions and everything from what the author was trying to tell. Thank you to all the staff and everyone involved with this. It was amazing. And, now it finally begins. Both have them are grown-ups now. It makes me smile but kinda sad at the same time. The OP is really nice as well. The after credits scene was so beautiful. ;-;
Apr 12, 2023 8:31 AM
Aug 2022
Man!!! This Anime really showed me the struggle of Idols.
The Struggles of Idols is not joke. They have follow the full restrictions rules like not allowed to date or something.
Still now I'm wondering who's the father of those kid's(Ai's kids)?
I really enjoyed this episode.
I'm now more excited no wonder everyone was getting hyped up just by listening Announcements of this anime.
looking forward to watch upcoming episodes.🔥🔥🔥.
10/10 for this special 90 minutes episode.
Ricky16Apr 12, 2023 8:53 AM
Apr 12, 2023 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Phenomenal premiere episode covering the entirety of Volume 1, the first Prologue arc of the manga, as expected of mangakas Aka Akasaka (Kaguya-sama) and Mengo Yokoyari (Kuzu no Honkai a.k.a Scum's Wish, illustrator for Oshi no Ko). Doga Kobo really let themselves loose on this much-hyped show...and it delivered, much exceeded my expectations, really.

The rise and fall of the B Komachi famed idol group and its lead: 16-year-old Ai Hoshino, fancied by both the gynecologist doctor Goro Amemiya and 12-year-old patient Sarina Tendouji, losing her life to a disease at a young age. But as fate would have it, he's treating the idol in person, now 20 weeks old into her pregnancy under the care of her guardian-cum-agency's (Sttawberry Productions) President Ichigo Saitou, bearing twins. But while the talk of reincarnation is a far-fetched sight, having children in the sight of concealed lies, this is the reality of the idol industry, and Goro would do everything in his power to make sure that Ai's delivery would go smoothly, and the family's happiness secured, even if weaved through lies. The hidden side of Ai that Goro is only able to see, somehow a stalker also got hold of Ai's intel to push him down a mountain, signaling his death...and reincarnation as one of Ai's twins.

Goro may have died an unsightly death, but reincarnated as Aquamarine Hoshino, he gets to relieve the feeling of being taken care by the famed idol herself, alongside twin sister Ruby, both to be taken care of President Saitou himself, along with his wife Miyako. As hopeless as a mother that Ai is, her idol return is nothing short of remarkable, and Goro's reincarnation is a blessing in disguise. Turns out, Ruby is also a reincarnation, and one can speculate that she is Sarina, from the way she acts. To stop Miyako, both Aqua and Ruby would cast their past life selves on a fake "godly" pedestal level to convince her that she could still realize her dreams.

The usual dance practice and an innocent online account discrediting her efforts, that is nothing much. But it's the twins that shine the most enough to get massive online attention, and for the most part, Ai is picking up on her gigs...and Aqua is being mistaken by the director Taishi Gotanda as a child actor, though he gives him practical tips of being an actor like his mother, though with the final product, it's a delicate balance of seeing the favorite on-and-off in regards to the entertainment industry. And the director giving Ai another chance on a low-budget film giving that Aqua be in the same film, this is their first encounter with Kana Arima, the genius child actor who can cry in 10 seconds flat, giving insults to Ai that the twins would not tolerate. And this resulted in the scene that Aqua's acting communication ad-libbing would outshine Kana's scripted words, exactly has how he envisioned it. That's how Aqua woluld get his start in the entertainment industry.

A few years passed, and so far, no issue. The twins going into preschool, and Ruby as Sarina before was not in a clean bill of health, but decides to do it anyways, which coupled with her previous life's analyses of watching Ai's performances many times over, it's both an admiration and a fear to overcome. At the peak of Ai's career growing, B Komachi is stacked, but for the idol who never had a conception of family life, not even the daily life of idols, President Saitou giving her the chance to do so to objectify love, and the lies of love not showered even to her children. Until she paid her life living with this karma, with the same stalker that came to arrest her life away with a critical stab to the abdominal aorta, leaving her dead and the twins behind, with their lives just starting out, with the lies becoming the truth. And with the truth brought to light, it shines the ugliness of the entertainment industry with fans being sympathetic of Ai's death, the twins transferring their ownership to Miyako, and the stark truth of the already deceased culprit still shrouded in mystery.

With that, the search is on with Aqua and Ruby all grown up, for Aqua's revenge play as the Prologue resounds to a close, opening a new chapter in this tale.

YOASOBI's OP is quite the lively song, I'll give it that.

Now this show is what we're after: the potential AOTS runner of the season from the start.
KANLen09Apr 12, 2023 2:40 PM
Apr 12, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2020
the opening was the highlight honestly
there's a meaning to that
Apr 12, 2023 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel Kanna Hirayama i kneel
2D > 3D
Apr 12, 2023 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, this definitely has the Aka Akasaka asethetics with its character style and designs, especially those flashy eyes. They really delivered Ai Hoshino's personality to expectations.

This first turned out to be 3x the length of a reglar episode and hell of a premiere. We got character intros, idol themes, and a LOT of charisma. The performances were vibrant and colorful with this anime's style. I love how they gave every relevant character a sense of personality so far in the show too. So happy to see the twins and their goofy moments in this!

Imo, this lived up to its movie length quality with the amount of contentt. I'm hoping they keep this level of quality similar to Kaguya-sama. Exciting days to come for this show!
Apr 12, 2023 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Lots of twist and turns, give the 1st episode a chance guys
Apr 12, 2023 8:49 AM
Jan 2020
this show can't decide if it wants to be melodramatic or funny (which most of the jokes just feels so out of fucking place) or not
RonninnApr 12, 2023 8:56 AM
Apr 12, 2023 9:08 AM
Jan 2023
I was wondering how they would adapt the manga to anime since the "prologue" is quite a few chapters long.
I think it was a good decision to make the first episode 1 hr 20 min long. 
The feel wouldn't have been the same had it not been continuous
Apr 12, 2023 9:13 AM

Nov 2019
What a way to start an episode. Didn't expect this kind of show as someone who has no prior knowledge other than the key visuals.

It is actually interesting how they approach such topic like they go in the actual how it is in reality. Just Idol dating someone is usually a nogo for the hysteric fans. So imagine Ai's situation.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 12, 2023 9:23 AM

Oct 2017
Hoshino Ai :)

Ai showed up out of nowhere, filled my heart, took the entire space there and then she just died, just like that. Never before I cared for a character so much in such a short period of time. I was heartbroken when the manga chapter came out and after watching it animated after all this time,
MiraApr 18, 2023 8:47 AM
Apr 12, 2023 9:23 AM
May 2021
Ep was amazing omfg!! Only read the first volume but the adaptation this ep was perfect!!! Been waiting for this for long!! 🔥 plus the opening is a banger too!!
Apr 12, 2023 9:26 AM
Aug 2010
Haha, do love that nurse's bit with the doctor. But, yea, doctor more wholesome than you think. But sadness... that poor girl. And such shitty parents not coming... breaks my heart... what, Ai showed up there? WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING! heh. But wew... pregnant and only 16. Ai is great though. Such a fun attitude. VA is great for her. What? Who would believe anything about dying and becoming that idol's kids. That's crazy talk ;) but, ya, fans are such shit imo in how they treat idols, selfish. Yes, such cute over-confidence. You know, she might not be the most mentally healthy person (not that she's wholly unhealthy). How nice, gonna help her give healthy birth. Clearly nothing will go wrong. Whelp, that could be one thing... shouldn't follow strange dudes, shoulda called cops. You have a cell.  Whelp, clearly what those two random kids said won't come into play here... right? Heh.

Whelp, at least he now has a cute idol mommy. And a cute sis. But those names, Ai... And she sure derp at telling em apart when they have different colored outfits. What an understanding wife of the president to be taking care of em. Lol AI... just so derp and silly. But man she does sparkle well. But, wew, industry sure full of shits. God this anime is pretty. WHAT! You're telling me the sis is also like Aqua? You don't say. Heh. Adorable fan obsessed and reincarnated. Clearly no one we've seen so far though, nope, not at all. She sure is a cute lil girl. Adorably into flame wars on social media as a baby. HAHAH at her reaction to when Aqua talks to her first time. That fan needs to just disappear.

Good Aqua, refusing to breastfeed cause memories, but lol Ruby. I mean, she's not wrong about it being normal for child to breastfeed. But, man, you sure are no different Ruby lol. Gotta feel for that wife...but, ya, was she already planning to find young guys to cheat with? Eww lol. She's snapped. Haha, Aqua and Ruby. Nice, really freaking her out there. Would be worth freaking out over, yep. Ruby playing along well. She sure is a sucker. Ruby really taking advantage of it and her... shallow desire. Part of me wouldn't want Ruby to be an actress and be subjected to shitty fans/industry. Man, that bit with Sarina sure makes me sad... what, Ruby is clearly Sarina reincarnated. Why I'm shocked! SHOCKED!! Well, not that shocked. Ah, upcoming idols and their rough income/life. Nice of Ai to want to do better for her kids, not cause she really cares about her own greed. That's a good mama mindset. I like how they just talk with the wife around now as if it's nothing. Such a rough industry indeed.

Oof, never google yourself as an idol/star/streamer/youtuber/etc. Can't go well. Poor AI. D'aww getting to go to live concert for AI. And clearly they will behave and not draw any attention to.... and there they go being adorable and drawing attention. Adorable. But, wew, Ai's beautiful smile there. Good thing after all the things Ai was so stuck on from that comment. And they got super popular. Poor wife. Troublesome otaku vibes from the baby indeed. Also, she sure is good at remembering fans/names/what they say/do.

TIME SKIP! THOUGH! Good thing Ai just assumes they are geniuses. Haha all of them calling the wife mama is funny. It does help that the hair doesn't match hers, but the eyes sure give it away ;) clearly not just an artistic thing for the audience. Ah the benefits of being a cute kid, fawned over by models/whatnot. Haha Aqua. Made a friend with the director. Director with some good knowledge of industry, but yep, Ai would be fine to draw attention. Ai has a point for the ability to draw attention. Aqua and his fanboyism lol. Such cute child/mama interactions in this series. Makes sense they'd cut out such. Aqua gonna be in a movie! Good for Ai too. Director kinda like a mentor/guidance dude, good for him. Oh hey, another child actor. Kana whoo. The child actor who can lick baking soda. Lol Ruby's impressions of Kana. A bit of a brat, admittedly. But she is just a lil kid and has clearly been spoiled. Good job, Aqua.. such "acting" just being yourself. As intended. Truly the creepiest kid ever. That eye though. D'awww Kana... she is just an actual kid after all. Yep, director good dude. Aqua will TOTALLY never become an actor though, clearly doesn't want to and NOTHING will make him do it... heh

Another time skip! And good for Ai. Getting more popular. Really love her and Ruby's interactions. So cute. Do feel for Ruby a lot and her past trauma. And glad for her to have such a good mama in this life to help her over the trauma. Also, oof... Ai contacting whoever got her pregnant. Prolly not a good dude if never been in the picture this long. But, hey, good for them to have such a nice increase in income and job opportunities. So close to reaching his dream of having an idol perform at a big dome, nice. Ai's inner thoughts though, man... still socially inept and doesn't show it... oof. Ah learning a bit about Ai's past. How she was scouted by the director. Heh at her turning it down. Makes sense why she would. Also, sad about her biological mom... but wew, her stars in her eyes being black. Oh, his words, they are back to white. He's also not wrong about the lies being what fans want lol. God, the animation they did with the eyes is super pretty. There is scientific studies/evidence about the "lies becoming truth" in terms of saying something/smiling more/etc genuinely helping someone feel happier/love/whatnot. So not unheard of. Oh man, realy should tell em you love them, Ai... not even once yet? Well at least you do show it with your actions to em even if you don't realize it too.

Ah damn... here it is... the creepy fan. And the thing I wanted to see the most of people's reactions... that flash bit of their life together. So cute... and what comes next... so heartbreaking. Even knowing it was coming, yea, this hits hard. And Aqua being there... the worst side of fans, the absolute worst. And yet she still remembers him and his gift to her years ago. What a piece of shit you are, dude... no depth of Hell is enough for you. Stole the life of another... the mother of two kids. The harm you did to those kids, piece of shit. And Ruby on the other side of the door... this is just all so sad and painful. But at least Ai got to tell them she loved them and sincerely... there have only been a few anime to make me cry when I hear "Aishiteru" and this has become one. And the light just gone from her eyes. So much pain. Man, an accomplice eh? So obvious since only one person she recently told her address to after all. But, wew those shitty comments online... really makes you hate those kinda people more and how they really exist. D'aww, at least the wife of the manager wants to take care of them and sees em as their child too. That's really touching. Ruby too cute. Aqua though... and so we get into the main story's goal, revenge. Good thing he's so smart and able to deduce who it was. Time to find out who their father is and how much pain can be inflicted upon this piece of shit. Wew, Aqua's eye. Yep, looks like Aqua gonna get into acting to find his father. The final time skip, teenage Aqua and Ruby. Quite the beauties. Also, yes, Ruby's skirt too short. Fun to see totally random people that clearly won't be important later. And ending on that badass OP song.

And then tat post credits... oh the feels
Apr 12, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2022
Thank you Aka Akasaka for the PTSD. AOTS contender from episode 1 along with insomniacs. Who will win? We will see.

This was a 10/10 episode, such a good animation from a studio that i dont know

looking forward for more, and i just bought the manga v1-4

Apr 12, 2023 9:34 AM

Jun 2021
Its here and done. Doga Kobo did a really great job.

I'm in awe every single minute.
Apr 12, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2018
Despite many doubting Doga Kobo, I held my hopes (and my copium) up high. I'm a manga fan, and this could be either a disappointment or AOTS depending on how Doga Kobo adapts it (especially that one scene.)

They knocked this shit out of the park.

Doga Kobo did the series its deserved glory. The adaptation is perfect. Let's just hope that the budget shortage doesn't kick in early.

Anime Onlys, stay strong and keep in touch. It's only getting better.
Apr 12, 2023 9:37 AM

Aug 2017
Glad I watched till the end, found the last 20 minutes more interesting and now I'm already looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 12, 2023 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
A masterclass of the highest order and I expected nothing less from Doga Kobo. They did an amazing job bringing the first volume to life and Ai’s death hit 1000x harder in the anime than it did when I read it. The combination of voice acting, OST and direction were a perfect storm to get me crying.

This being an hour and a half really allowed you to connect with Ai and become more attached to her than we did in the manga IMO anyway.

I think the episode also did a great job of selling just how horrible the Japanese entertainment industry is as well. On the surface people who went into this blind probably thought it would be a regular idol show, but in reality it’s an introspective tale of the toxicity of this industry and sadly it’s not that far off from the reality.

Can’t wait for next episode. DG GOAT
Marinate1016Apr 12, 2023 9:41 AM
Apr 12, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
Not bad, really. I wasn’t that hooked by the retarded idea of being reborn as a child of idol but at the second half with filming, once kids grew up a bit, it became pretty good. Ending was also great and of course sad. Good job, Doga Kobo.
Dec 2021
great episode. I like the MC.
Jan 2022
this episode was pure fire, the adaptation was amazing, I think they can't do anithing else more then this. the animations the atmosphere were incredible, the character design too
Apr 12, 2023 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly such a good idea having it in one feature length episode for the kids arc. No way this would've been good in 3 split episodes considering everything that had to happen before the story fully took off. The animation was so god-tier, especially this part. Yoasobi playing in the opening and ending is just so powerful as well, really worth the 1 hour and 23 minutes.
there's a meaning to that
Apr 12, 2023 9:43 AM
May 2021

I can feel that The studio put a lot of effort into this anime
Apr 12, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2021
i personally think oshi no ko is average at best but from purely production standpoint this was the best spring premier . staff killed it.
Apr 12, 2023 9:50 AM

Feb 2010
worth the hype

great episode.
Apr 12, 2023 9:54 AM
Jun 2022
Absolute banger of an episode. Really curious how it will continue.
Also OP from YOASOBI!
Apr 12, 2023 9:54 AM
Dec 2020
holy shit they hired takahashi rie for one episode
Apr 12, 2023 9:56 AM

Feb 2020
Oshi no Ko is finally animated! Watching her death scene was really frustrating as someone who's read that part of Oshi no Ko. Just knowing that it was going to happen with the build up getting to that scene, made me want to scream so bad. The wotagei scene was really funny, I didn't expect the animators to make them move THAT hard lol.

Overall, It was an amazing first episode. I already thought highly of the manga, but the animation, the soundtrack, and the voice acting just makes it 100x better. Honestly, I can't believe this is a Doga Kobo anime. I've never seen anything of this quality from them. The opening song is a banger too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2023 9:57 AM
Jan 2021
Sorry, I boycotted it. This is silly. I know inside of the Japanese arts & entertainment industry, and the production of this anime was a big mistake.

First, about the staffs. These people were "as savage as the antagonists in the manga created by Akasaka Aka-sensei" though in a different way. The director of the anime was a plagiarist and we all know it. Even this anime style is no different from that "disgrace".

The second, I'm actually quite afraid if Ruby and Aquamarine will only be developed as other "media-mix characters" just like other series. The presence of Kadokawa-CyberAgent-Sony Music (via YOASOBI) alone is enough to make me feel that this is a hypocrisy. If they produce this at the same level as the anime generation in the 1990s "which looks more independent" than this era where capitalists have more power to "rule everything," then Oshi no Ko is finished as a work: this will only be nonsense and civilization trash from Japan who "can't manage their own society."

So yeah, this sucks. 6/10 (This peak content cannot necessarily be in the entertainment area).
Apr 12, 2023 9:58 AM

Jul 2009
Wow

They cover so much with one episode, even though i don't remember all the details from the manga

Mangekyu sharingan mode on!
bruh
Apr 12, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
Well, they really put a lot of effort into this and it shows.
Aqua was great. I would keep watching just for him and the last part made everything even more interesting. Also, Yoasobi never disappoints.
Apr 12, 2023 10:06 AM
Aug 2022
That is the saddest 1st episode I've ever seen. The shit that goes down is insane, to the point where it makes Mushoku Tensei tame as hell when it comes to death...
Apr 12, 2023 10:07 AM
Mar 2021
Currently my favorite manga and the first episode did not disappointed in the slightest.
Apr 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2015
The visuals went crazy this episode, super excited to see how the rest gets adapted. This was everything I wanted as a big fan of the manga.
Oct 2021
Holy shit this anime made me cry like a baby. Still from what I saw in the first episode, I think this anime is going to be memorable and be talked about in for years
Feb 2021
Great episode, I don't know what its gonna be after this. I hope its gonna be more than just plainly overdramatic show that talk about entertainment industry? lets see, look forward to the next eps.
RuseeeApr 13, 2023 2:40 AM
Apr 12, 2023 10:13 AM
Oct 2020
>Yoasobi
>Depressing Song
>Anime of the year
Apr 12, 2023 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, this episode was just beautiful. I really like the design of the characters' eyes. But I didn't expect that ending. That was a really surprising and sad scene. Wonder where the story goes from here.
Apr 12, 2023 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
It’s been a while since the premier of a show has captivated me from start to finish. I only found out the other day that the premiere would be 90 minutes, and woke up early just so I could watch it.

I’d read about the hype surrounding this anime, and I’d heard about some of its darker aspects, but man… what a first episode! The 90 minutes really allows the first episode to explore the main characters and allows the viewer to invest in them emotionally. Even though I knew what would come, I shed tears during the final minutes. I guess with Doga Kobo being the studio behind this anime I should’ve expected it. They also did Plastic Memories, which today I still feel like had one of the absolute saddest endings I’ve ever watched. Doga Kobo, you guys knocked this anime out of the park! I really hope the quality continues with the subsequent episodes.

The hype behind this anime was real, and I feel like they delivered on it. I usually reserve judgement for an anime until I’ve watched the entire season, but this one has me hooked after one episode. 10/10, and next Wednesday can’t come fast enough!
thebuck36Apr 12, 2023 10:41 AM
Apr 12, 2023 10:15 AM

Nov 2018
That was so good. I'm speechless.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 12, 2023 10:17 AM

Feb 2018
Well, I expected much worse, but the production is top-notch (huge respect to DogaKobo and Hiramaki Daisuke). Sadly that bad writing remains bad writing.
Cringe dialogues (entertainment industry is a lie!!! idols wear masks!!! omfg), cringe comedy with babies, 6 years old mc calls the director to ask him why he cut scenes with Ai from a movie... is this really a seinen? It feels more like another cheap shounen show except of a few dark scenes.

I respect this anime and it's obviously will be aots for many people, but for me it's just way too boring to continue.
At least it's much better than Kaguya, so maybe Akasaka will once create the story that I'll enjoy.
kataneerApr 12, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 12, 2023 10:17 AM

Mar 2020
One of the most anticipated shows of the season is here, with a movie-length premiere, and it was great! Idol culture has never been more prevalent in society today, so this story will likely be memorable to many, and I enjoyed it a lot. They nailed a lot of the problematic parts of the entertainment industry, the lies, the smiles that lead fans to believe are true. I read this part of the manga last year, and stopped when the anime adaptation was announced, and this episode made me feel way more connected to Ai than in the manga in my opinion. Her personality is very carefree, and at some point, you could tell she wouldn't survive to the end of the episode, even as shocking as the ending was.

The production was good overall, but the second half was definitely better than the first. There was a lot of effort here, though there were some inconsistencies in the first half, which would make sense, given the long length of the episode. This will definitely get Doga Kobo more on the map for sure.

The entertainment industry is cruel, and fans can be deluded, it's the reality, and I really enjoyed how disgusting it made it feel. Some great points were made for sure.

With the very sad death, how will Ruby and Aqua get back on their feet? It'll be interesting for sure, and an easy AOTS candidate already.

Apr 12, 2023 10:18 AM

Oct 2014
amazing start wow
Apr 12, 2023 10:23 AM
Jun 2019
A pure banger.
Differents animations styles where one one is as beautiful as the others.

I'm so happy that the anime respects the original work.

Thank you for this master class !
Apr 12, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 2019
One of the first episodes of all time holy shit
Apr 12, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2022
Genuinely best introduction to an anime since AoT release. I have read the manga and the first episode follows the source very well and even does it better especially ai’s death and aqua’s revenge plot. I would recommend everyone watch all the way through as if you don’t you are missing out on a whole lot.
Apr 12, 2023 10:27 AM

Oct 2022
This 1 hour+ episode was just a rollercoaster of emotion from introducing the character to making us feel emotional on their death.

The entertainment industry has another side too and this anime shows the ugly side of it. After this episode, we can't even tell which way will the show head next.

I already had high hopes for this anime and to day the leat it didn't disappoint.
Can't wait for the next episode.

This is by far the best new anime this season
Pages (54) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

4 by aurora_yuuki »»
May 1, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.