Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:
Well, I think Rudy explained it rather perfectly in the first episode.

She's the 100-year-dragon loli meme but a demon instead.

Eh. She looks like an adult to me. She's just petite. She's apparently 4'10" according to the author, so she's taller than the average Japanese woman.
According to the author, she also looks like a middle-schooler aka 11-13 years old.

I believe a Japanese man Is perfectly capable of telling a part an adult who isn't tall and a child.
Mar 7, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
Almost flawless episode.

Almost because the god was made with blurry CGI, not because of anything else.

Rob7 said:
descend2 said:
What's the problem with Roxy?

lol. That guy have a problem with absolutely any kind of character who resembles a minor (no matter the age gave in the fictional work) and is involved in anything sexual or perverted innuendo.

I would also add that the average crybaby will always pull the age card if the appearence is adult and the appearence card if the age is adult.
Basically they are trying hard to keep whining. It doesn't really matter if the complaint is legit or not, they grasp at any possible reason to say they are offended and how their outrage is justified, lmao.
FullyChargedMar 7, 2021 1:12 PM
bruh
Mar 7, 2021 1:07 PM

Feb 2021
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:

Eh. She looks like an adult to me. She's just petite. She's apparently 4'10" according to the author, so she's taller than the average Japanese woman.

I thought the average height of a Japanese woman is 5'2...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 1:09 PM
Dec 2016
Tylaen said:
descend2 said:

According to the author, she also looks like a middle-schooler aka 11-13 years old.

From Rudy's PoV, sure. I feel like he's a bit of an unreliable narrator in this case considering it's an entire race. Unless there was another line in there. Anyway, didn't want to turn this into a debate, was just curious.

@Winden The one I saw was 4'9", but it might vary based on the source?
descend2Mar 7, 2021 1:13 PM
Mar 7, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode, hopefully the Superd is a major supporting character now. I like the way he is.

Such an elite isekai anime.

Why are people discussing morality on this thread lol.

Even Eris is becoming a decent supporting character, she's not really annoying at all anymore.
Mar 7, 2021 1:14 PM

Feb 2021
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:

From Rudy's PoV, sure. I feel like he's a bit of an unreliable narrator in this case considering it's an entire race. Unless there was another line in there. Anyway, didn't want to turn this into a debate, was just curious.

What was your source?

I used this: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/02/12/national/science-health/average-height-japanese-born-1980-later-declining-study-finds/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:

From Rudy's PoV, sure. I feel like he's a bit of an unreliable narrator in this case considering it's an entire race. Unless there was another line in there.

Edit: Anyway, didn't want to turn this into a debate, was just curious.
Every race, character, etc is at the whims of the author. The reliability of his narration is a non-factor. She was designed to look like a child, not just because the cosmos decided she should.

She could've looked any number of ways the author chose but he chose for her to look like an underaged child? Is that not just a little strange to you?

Edit: I wouldn't call this a "debate", per say. Moreso that I'm just prodding you! I'll stop if you wish.
FullyCharged said:
I would also add that the average crybaby will always pull the age card if the appearance is adult and the appearance card if the age is adult.
Basically they are trying hard to keep whining. It doesn't really matter if the complaint is legit or not, they grasp at any possible reason to say they are offended and how their outrage is justified, lmao.
I wouldn't call it grasping as It's more like a thick rope that you could tie a noose with! It's very saddening that the defenders of this show can't muster anything better than throwing derision!
TylaenMar 7, 2021 1:30 PM
Mar 7, 2021 1:17 PM

Feb 2020
wow so that race turned out to be harmless didnt see that one coming. also, I wonder who our mc who will choose to marry. he referred to his masters parent as his father in law so maybe he wants to marry his master? lmao who knows.

Mar 7, 2021 1:20 PM
Dec 2016
Tylaen said:
descend2 said:

From Rudy's PoV, sure. I feel like he's a bit of an unreliable narrator in this case considering it's an entire race. Unless there was another line in there.Anyway, didn't want to turn this into a debate, was just curious.
Every race, character, etc is at the whims of the author. The reliability of his narration is a non-factor. She was designed to look like a child, not just because the cosmos decided she should.

She could've looked any number of ways the author chose but he chose for her to look like an underaged child? Is that not just a little strange to you?

Edit: I wouldn't call this a "debate", per say. Moreso that I'm just prodding you! I'll stop if you wish.

Well, I didn't want it to turn into one. Yeah, I was just curious with what you meant.

Winden said:
descend2 said:

What was your source?

I used this: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/02/12/national/science-health/average-height-japanese-born-1980-later-declining-study-finds/

Mm, that one lists the heights from the 70s and 90s? It was a bit hard to read since it was a premium article. I just googled it and it was the first thing that popped up. It isn't too important. She's around the average at least.
Mar 7, 2021 1:22 PM

Feb 2021
descend2 said:
Tylaen said:

Well, I didn't want it to turn into one. Yeah, I was just curious with what you meant.

Winden said:

What was your source?

Mm, that one lists the heights from the 70s and 90s? It was a bit hard to read since it was a premium article. I just googled it and it was the first thing that popped up. It isn't too important. She's around the average at least.

The figures for those born in 1996 stood at 170.82 cm for men and 158.31 cm for women

Just hit stop before the page fully loads. 4'9- 4'10 is not considered normal.
Dwarfism is short stature that results from a genetic or medical condition. Dwarfism is generally defined as an adult height of 4 feet 10 inches (147 centimeters) or less.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dwarfism/symptoms-causes/syc-20371969
Mar 7, 2021 1:31 PM
Dec 2016
Winden said:
descend2 said:

The figures for those born in 1996 stood at 170.82 cm for men and 158.31 cm for women

Just hit stop before the page fully loads. 4'9- 4'10 is not considered normal.
Dwarfism is short stature that results from a genetic or medical condition. Dwarfism is generally defined as an adult height of 4 feet 10 inches (147 centimeters) or less.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dwarfism/symptoms-causes/syc-20371969

I just can't read and was baited by the first result.
Mar 7, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
Hitogamis voice sure fits.
He sounds as annoying as he should be
Mar 7, 2021 1:47 PM
Mar 2016
What a great episode to introduce a new arc. I thought that scene of his past self looking at the fire was very well done.
Mar 7, 2021 1:54 PM
Nov 2019
Rudy calling the "Man-god" a voyeur - LOL

I was half expecting Eris to pee her pants (as per the priestess in Goblin Slayer Ep.1) when trying to get away from the Superd.

Liked the bit where they were discussing regrets over the fire and they faded to Rudy's old glasses with him acknowledging regrets - fine character development for Rudy.

And "father in law" - good job Eris either didn't hear or can't understand much Demon-speak or Rudy's manhood would be on a big spike as he's already promised to her.

Mar 7, 2021 2:00 PM
Dec 2015
I’m actually pretty disappointed in this episode. It had some really good parts, but it’s skipped an Eris and Rudy moment that I was really looking forward to seeing animated. I also don’t like how they changed the way Rudy discovered he was dealing with Roxy‘s parents.
Mar 7, 2021 2:11 PM

Jun 2020
That was an interesting story told by Ruijerd. We got to learn how his tribe's reputation plummeted because they were unfortunate to have received cursed spears given by a man they once trusted. I hope he manages to complete his quest on redeeming his tribe's reputation.
Mar 7, 2021 3:40 PM
May 2017
Roxy is 44 years old. This is no longer pedophilia. Deal with it.
Mar 7, 2021 3:47 PM
Sep 2012
We're reaching this season's end. A shame. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for second season
Mar 7, 2021 4:03 PM

May 2013
It's nuts how every episode flies by. It feels 5 mins instead of 20. Shits good. I could watch this all day, too bad the season is ending soon.
Mar 7, 2021 4:06 PM
Sep 2018
Ruijerd seems like a nice bloke to tag along, I hope my waifu Ghislaine ain’t dead 😭😭😭

Also it was good to see MC’s original form
Mar 7, 2021 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
That was one freaky Hitogami VA. Not to be trusted at all.

This episode turned the world and the genre of this show upside down. Gear up for what's to come next.
Also Rudy counting Roxy in the village was peak fanatic. Rudijerd was dangerous looking as ever.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 7, 2021 4:14 PM
Aug 2010
Tylaen said:
descend2 said:
What's the problem with Roxy?

I hope you guys didn't forget about the other 100-year-old-demon loli.

Good lord.
Mar 7, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
Hitogami looks a lot creepier than I was expecting.
Mar 7, 2021 4:16 PM
Dec 2020
Rudeus and Hitogami talk is like reunion between Gintoki and Otose
Mar 7, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2018
I loved the CGI Hitogami, I think they make him/her in that way to make us feel the uncanny valley and enfatise the fact that he/she lives in a totally different dimension, scared Eris and angry Ruijerd were great animated.
I only have one problem, why couldn't they make a 24 eps anime instead of 23? They rushed a lot of stuff in this cap, the 3rd volumen it's going to be adapted in only three chapters T-T!!!!!.
Mar 7, 2021 4:36 PM

Feb 2021
Mattuzmk said:
It's nuts how every episode flies by. It feels 5 mins instead of 20. Shits good. I could watch this all day, too bad the season is ending soon.

Lol what? We aren't even halfway done with the season yet.
Mar 7, 2021 4:41 PM
Sep 2020
Tylaen said:
AsuraDestructor said:

Can you be any more obnoxious in these threads?
Only obnoxious to those with a certain devotion.

Okay, so the whole point of this story is redemption. Rudeus’s actions are not defendable, but the whole point of the story is that he’s a bad person. He gets better later on and yes he is scummy rn.
Mar 7, 2021 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
Hitogami's voice sounds like someone you can't trust, it's great. Did they give us the general idea of how far is demon continent from Asura? I can't remember, but they should.
Also.. Roxy-mama? Why is her screentime so short? :(
Mar 7, 2021 5:02 PM

May 2019
nanajp said:
Rudeus met the Human God. The Human God has white bright skin and doesn't appear to have a reproductive organ, but he has the voice of a male. That's really amazing. Imagine meeting God, but the way Rudeus talked to the Human God was really rude!

They got teleported to a different continent, huh. And it's a different freaking continent! It makes me think about this: How big is the planet? Also, Demon Continent is where the Superd race can be found. Their race is very well known for that story. I hope what Ruijerd(?)'s is aiming for will succeed. Rudeus's reaction was fun to witness, but what's more fun was Eris's reaction! But the Superd and Eris got close pretty quick!

So in the Demon Continent is where Roxy's parents live! This is freaking amazing, what a coincidence! Absolutely amazing. I thought at first glance that Roxy's father was his sibling, haha! Rudeus had a visit to Roxy's parents home. I wonder what Roxy's reaction will be.

It looks like this is the opening for a new arc! I hope it'll not be that long! I don't want anyone to die on their journey back home. Hopefully no one dies.

Now we have to wait for 7 days again, aaaugh! Welp, I hope they finish the whole story for this anime. No cancels for next season please!

The world is huge. The demon continent is huge, but is still only about a fifth or a sixth of the size of the map itself. To go from one side to the next of the demon continent at the speed of a horse would probably take over a year, maybe more

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 7, 2021 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
oh this was very nice, so i guess its confirmed theres a god in here, pretty strange or 'unique' god he met though. that superd guy is quite cool and interesting history and stuff in his story. wonder what'll happen now and how they'll get back to the central continent?
Mar 7, 2021 5:15 PM

Nov 2017
Nice,we got to meet Ruijerd,and Roxy's parents and fellow migurd(liked that they kept the bit in about Rudy and his "father in law" when they left the village.)
And then we get to see a bit of the demon continents scenery(yes,its mostly brown,with a bit of dark brown thrown in).Eris's reaction to Ruijerd was better than I thought it would be as well.
Another fine episode.
Mar 7, 2021 5:40 PM
Mar 2018
FullyCharged said:
Almost flawless episode.

Almost because the god was made with blurry CGI, not because of anything else.

Rob7 said:

lol. That guy have a problem with absolutely any kind of character who resembles a minor (no matter the age gave in the fictional work) and is involved in anything sexual or perverted innuendo.

I would also add that the average crybaby will always pull the age card if the appearence is adult and the appearence card if the age is adult.

Actually in the WN/LN it is specified that the human god is blurry and very hard to see, if I remember correctly Rudeus wasn't even sure if he was a man or a woman. I personally think they did a very good job at portraying him.
Mar 7, 2021 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
did not dislike it ...but uhh i guess this really wasn't what i had in mind after last week like at all lol you could say he got re-Isekai'd to another world in a sense , at some point we'll learn what happen but it all felt kinda like a awkward reset.

despite winding up at Roxy's home town they really didn't spend much talking about her before they went on their way

so far liked the Superd guy not actually being the devil we've heard stories about and Eris has chilled out a lot after losing her shit ( there was one random ass shot of her lips that made her look like 20 years older) i couldn't stop laughing at such a odd detail
Mar 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
one of the best bois is finally introduced. Ruijerd.
it begins now.
oh, and i was imagining Hitogami like a static on a tv with a face. but him looking like Mist in a human shape form. i think that's ok too.
Mar 7, 2021 6:14 PM

Feb 2010
i wonder what some of the people getting up in arms over a race of short people. feel about halflings and gnomes in DnD or fay myths in general.

ah finally nice guy Ruijerd has arrived. also LMAO Eris reaction is even better then in the manga and Light novel

animators are putting in work.

also where is this "quality drop." people keep saying will happen?

also some of the facial expressions this episode went full jojo mode.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 7, 2021 6:26 PM

Apr 2020
Glordit said:
Eradicated said:

Just watch it on YouTube via Muse Asia.

That would require you to live in a country where its' supported, or to use a VPN.

You can use Vpn then access through India, Indonesia or other south Asian countries then can watch MT
Mar 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty nice episode today and the new character seems very likable so far. Roxy's family seems dope too.

The god thing really gave off the same energy as Truth from fullmetal brotherhood for me.

Mar 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
SO WHOLESOME EPISODE!
Fun fact, Roxy is the same age as Rudeus if we combine both of his lifetimes.

Mar 7, 2021 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
That man god person at the beginning screams suspicious.

It was interesting to learn more about the Superds. I feel really bad for Ruijerd after what Laplace did to him.

Roxy is 44 years old? I assume she was older than she looked but I didn't realise she was THAT old.
Mar 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
I can't believe it, they really went to Roxy's village ahaha that was for sure the thing i expected the most, but he actually got to even met her parents, but from what he said Roxy is the number 1, so i do wonder how that will go xD

And now he's friends with a Superd, and the whole fact that he knew the language already, oh boy! This kid is going ages ahead, loving this so much.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 7, 2021 7:13 PM

Apr 2020
_hachi8man said:
Eris gang where you at?

Yessir i'm here! ....
Mar 7, 2021 7:29 PM

May 2013
Good episode, hope they won't have to cut too much in the next 2 episodes if they're planning to end this cour at the end of Volume 3 of the LN, we'll see.

Some fun/interesting parts:

* Meeting the 'Man God', offers help to Rudy but seems pretty suss. Also mention of the 'evil' Dragon God but is he? We'll see.

* Rudy and Eris being transported the other side of the world, and the first place they stop at happens to be Roxy's home village - what are the odds?

* Eris' original freakout at meeting Rujierd for the first time, but quick to become friends.

* Roxy's age officially confirmed (44), making her the same as Rudy's mental age (34 at death/reincarnation + 10 years as Rudy), funnily enough this also makes her older than Paul and Zenith.

* Rudy asking if he can call Roxy's father 'father-in-law'. :D

* Eris' reaction at Rujierd calling Rudy her older brother LOL.
SQ5 said:
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
Mar 7, 2021 7:31 PM

Feb 2017
Winden said:
nanajp said:
Yo this is freakin' amazing, thanks dude! What's amazing about this map is that it's probably not accurate because it was probably explored and drawn by people in the story of this.

To give it more perspective, Rudeus estimates the distance between the Demon Continent and the Asura kingdom was about the distance from Paris to Las Vegas.

Three things:
1) could I get spoiled a bit about how long the travel takes, nothing more.
2) tech wise they seem to be on the late middle ages to early renaissance, but it seems they're taking the long way around by the road drawn on the map, is it due to a lack of boats able to withstand the ocean, are they avoiding such boats or as unlikely as it sounds, no one has ever tried to go from Asura kingdom to the demon continent?
3) which way is he measuring? one way is 1/3 of our world circumference, the other is 2/3.
Mar 7, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 2020
When it turns out Roxy is actually the same age as Rudy 🤣
Mar 7, 2021 7:56 PM

Jan 2021
Luxeraph said:

Three things:
1) could I get spoiled a bit about how long the travel takes, nothing more.
2) tech wise they seem to be on the late middle ages to early renaissance, but it seems they're taking the long way around by the road drawn on the map, is it due to a lack of boats able to withstand the ocean, are they avoiding such boats or as unlikely as it sounds, no one has ever tried to go from Asura kingdom to the demon continent?
3) which way is he measuring? one way is 1/3 of our world circumference, the other is 2/3.

1/

2/

3/
AltterMar 7, 2021 8:04 PM
Mar 7, 2021 8:03 PM
Jan 2018
We move to a whole different continent with a whole new story and arc, finally..very good introduction episode, looking forward to what kind of enemy lurking within the demon realm.
Mar 7, 2021 8:09 PM

Dec 2016
hazarddex said:
i wonder what some of the people getting up in arms over a race of short people. feel about halflings and gnomes in DnD or fay myths in general.

Gnomes in fantasy settings like LOTR are quite distinctive in their rough faces and body build along with having quite a rich lore that affects the main story by being the master blacksmiths and ore refiners in their world. They don't look like sexualized younger children and their pregnancy stage wasn't some sort of "drooling" eyecandy to arouse weirdos with specific kinks like Rudeus.

Halflings are quite diverse, but if were just talking about Hobbits, the same principle that applies to gnomes work for them, they aren't portrayed in a sexualized way in their respective source movies.
Mar 7, 2021 8:24 PM

Oct 2015
I think I might like this arc a lot. The world building they've been doing is pretty great so far.
Mar 7, 2021 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I actually laughed at Roxy's father immediately rejecting the "father-in-law" proposition. That was fun.

Well, we finally got to know the story behind the infamous Superd race and we also got to meet a new character from that same race, Ruijerd. So far, I'm liking the addition of his character so I hope he can give a new air to the usually awkward MC-Eris interactions. Especially since it seems it will be only the three of them in this long-term adventure. Them casually crashing at Roxy's hometown was also quite nice to see, by the way.

Overall, finally an episode where the author decides to fully focus on plot and world-building instead of listening to his most perverted side. And of course, said episode ended up being the one I enjoyed the most so far. I do wonder where Ghislaine is tho.
SouthRzVaMar 7, 2021 8:53 PM
Mar 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Apr 2015
SakayanagiCOTE said:
Tylaen said:
Only obnoxious to those with a certain devotion.

Okay, so the whole point of this story is redemption. Rudeus’s actions are not defendable, but the whole point of the story is that he’s a bad person. He gets better later on and yes he is scummy rn.
Yes, I've seen that reiterated for 9 weeks and I've talked about how that doesn't make much sense when the scenes are played for jokes.

Basically, I don't believe you.
zack_destrow said:

I hope you guys didn't forget about the other 100-year-old-demon loli.

Good lord.
I haven't! Look at the episode 8 thread.
TylaenMar 7, 2021 8:54 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

297 by marta_valse »»
May 9, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.