Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2015
And thus, the story of the most adorable 30 something year old jobless and awkward neet who don't take care of her appearance comes to an end. And what a beautiful ending it was. 8/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
Well obviously they are now a couple, otherwise they wouldn't holding hands, I'm glad. But I don't like how they completely neglected the university girl who played as Lilac, I mean she likes Kanbe. They should've met in real life. But nope we never saw her again sigh... she was pretty as well. She should've appear in another anime instead.
Dec 9, 2017 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
They are finally partners, both online and offline! That reflection of Hayashi and Lily walking on opposite direction... Don't leave! Morioka and Sakurai moving forward together is a satisfying end for me. I will miss the whole cast. The continuation should focus on Kanbe and Lilac's relationship. Too bad, the manga is on hiatus.

Tsuki ga Kirei is still the best romance anime this year but Net-juu is a close second for sure. Best couple of the year award belongs to Hayashi and Lily.

Dec 9, 2017 6:41 AM
Jun 2017
The Finale episode is 😍😍😍 and at the same time very cute!!! From the opening scene where they are just in Sakurai appartment and in the ending part where they have a DATE. 😀😀😀

* to end this one Hayashi x Lily = Morioka x Sakurai!!! Great ending!!!
Dec 9, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2014
This is so cute!!!! I cannot stop myself from squealing.
It ends so well, I cannot ask for more.
Solid 9/10 from me :D
Dec 9, 2017 7:14 AM

Nov 2016
Does anyone know where I can read the manga online and where the anime ends??. And is it true that it has been on Hiatus for more than a year?????. Damn that's almost the same as Hunter x Hunter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2017 7:28 AM

Dec 2016
Scath-kun said:
Not all romances need a kiss or even a flat out confession, just look at Shiki and Mikiya from Kara no Kyoukai for an example.

Is Kara no Kyoukai a romance oriented show? No? Then your example is a pretty bad one.
Dec 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, god, why need to end so fast, why only 10 episodes (i know there's a OVA left)... I loved this series, loved the characters, I loved everything in this anime. A solid 9/10 for me.
Dec 9, 2017 8:33 AM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
>tfw no cute NEET gf
The last ep was great. Overall I had great time watching all episodes. I'm so sad it had only 10 episodes and 2nd season for a show like that have so smal chances to happen.
Dec 9, 2017 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
I need more. MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was an enjoyable ride although it's too bad it's just 10 episodes. I would have loved seeing these two more along with the other member of the guild irl. I guess our girl Morikawa has recovered from her NEET life. She now has human relationships outside of games and is now willing to strive to be a better person in order to be able to stand proudly next to Sakurai.

Morimori-chan definitely girl of the year.
Dec 9, 2017 8:53 AM
Jun 2016
i am really glad i got to watch this anime. i dont go for shoujo genre much but this one is a gem. while it takes ages for the ship to sail in most romance anime, this is the second one besides yuri on ice to focus on adult couple and well paced for the ship to set off atleast. too bad something this entertaining ended on the 10th episode. I am upset as this anime is second again at (looking at you, yuri on ice!!)disappointing me with no kiss scene or wedding scene(you sorta promised, yuri on ice!!!)
anyways, gonna miss the hell out and have to find another good series to watch.
Dec 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2007
Dear god, are these two adorable... ^_^
Dec 9, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
Nayrael said:
TheUniqueReaper said:
That's it? What are they, 5? They are fucking adults around 30. Lowered my score to 7. now that the final happened and I reflect back on what has happened, I have to say, while there were good parts, it lacked a more mature atmosphere. I don't mean that in the sense of full-on sex or sexually tinted talk but the way especially Mori and Sakurai acted was something I would expect from 12 or 14 y/o's not 30 somethings.

If you don't have any experience with dating and are also an introvert and awkward around people, you can't act any other way. Doesn't even have anything to do with age, most High Schoolers don't act embarrassed or indecisive either.

I'm the perfect example myself, single, 27 y/o male with zero romantic experience (up to you to believe me or not). However, I have read various articles and I have different kinds of friends who try to take me out of my comfort zone. Thanks to that I have at least an idea of what a "good atmosphere" is and when to go for it.
I can assure you, when you are 30-ish you have at least read stuff about it. Your actions might be awkward but I doubt if I were to meet a girl with barely to no experience like me or at least more socially awkward I would have issues going for at least the kiss if the moment is right.

Besides, the show actually was going for the kiss in the apartment but it were the writers that didn't pull through.
Dec 9, 2017 10:51 AM
Nov 2011
TheUniqueReaper said:
Nayrael said:

If you don't have any experience with dating and are also an introvert and awkward around people, you can't act any other way. Doesn't even have anything to do with age, most High Schoolers don't act embarrassed or indecisive either.

I'm the perfect example myself, single, 27 y/o male with zero romantic experience (up to you to believe me or not). However, I have read various articles and I have different kinds of friends who try to take me out of my comfort zone. Thanks to that I have at least an idea of what a "good atmosphere" is and when to go for it.
I can assure you, when you are 30-ish you have at least read stuff about it. Your actions might be awkward but I doubt if I were to meet a girl with barely to no experience like me or at least more socially awkward I would have issues going for at least the kiss if the moment is right.

Besides, the show actually was going for the kiss in the apartment but it were the writers that didn't pull through.

Almost same here, I'm 32 and I have no romantic experience, nothing more than a half-roleplay long-distance relationship years ago, but I still don't know what holding hands with someone is, nor kissing, nor dating, and I'm terribly shy, get nervous when I see situations like these coming and I have terrible problems with communicating, and this anime showed me how I could feel if I met someone, so I can easily relate to both Moriko and Yuuta, they're definitely "me" as anime characters.
Dec 9, 2017 11:55 AM
Mar 2016
YES.YES,YES,YES,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS, they'er now a couple..
Dec 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
Really cute ending, I'm pretty darn satisfied with this series.
Dec 9, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
what a satisfying ending ;U; It's absolutely adorable. They're both so awkward and cute but seeing as they both came to terms with their feelings without having out say it outright and let the other know is absolutely fantastic.

This was such a fantastic anime <3
So sad to see it over TTvTT
Dec 9, 2017 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
A bit underwhelming last episode. While I'm more or less satisfied with the ending, it felt meh to see them behaving like middle schoolers in a romcom. I hope she won't get pregnant from all this hand holding.
Dec 9, 2017 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
SO IT WAS LAST?

Omg, I expected episode with date and then, I went on MAL and looked it's only 10 episode T.T, that's srsly bad.

My thoughts on the series:
I think anime is ageing with community. I very liked Net-juu because it woke my memories when I played MMO as a youngster. Now most of my good gaming friends are gone. Everyone aged, got work and is busy with adult life and so I am. Overall it did very good job mixing nostalgic feeling with hope, fun and romance. It will be one of my notable anime series.

Dec 9, 2017 5:48 PM
Jun 2014
Great show. I can't help but think the interruptions were completely unnecessary in the final episode of what's most likely the final season though. Why not let them have sex or become a couple? They're grown people.

And with many shows, it sorely lacked an epilogue.
Dec 9, 2017 5:53 PM
Nov 2017
I enjoyed the anime as a whole, I liked the ending though I admit I had some failed expectations. Didn't regret watching it though. I was hoping for an offline meetup but I guess 10 episodes were too short for that. 7/10 for me.
Dec 9, 2017 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Fun short anime. It was cute they had those sort of interactions at Sakurai's house and the whole tension behind it. That ending with the mirroring of their net persona's was also a nice touch for their relationship. Can't wait for the special.

Dec 9, 2017 11:28 PM

Sep 2016
Sigh, this anime needed more episodes.
But unfortunately it seems like the source material is running short.

This series was a 9/10 for me, but I said it would become a 7/10 in case of an open or axed ending.

And unfortunately it did not exactly "end", we got a nice good open ending :(

I'll give this show 8/10 only because they held hands (that firm grip, and she gripped back, man, the feels) in the last scene.
Cockblocking ending...narrowly avoided. Good job.
bruh
Dec 10, 2017 12:33 AM

Nov 2016
Stormen said:
Great show. I can't help but think the interruptions were completely unnecessary in the final episode of what's most likely the final season though. Why not let them have sex or become a couple? They're grown people.

And with many shows, it sorely lacked an epilogue.

I don't know, I think it was alright.

I was a bit disappointed when they were getting real close at Sakurai's apartment and got interrupted, but something occurred to me when they held hands at the end of the episode: if it had gone any further it wouldn't have fit either of their characters. Everyone moves at their own pace. I don't think Morioka or Sakurai need, or for that matter are ready, for anything more then what they have at the moment. They're happy, and that's what important.

It may not have been the ending we wanted, but I think it's the ending we deserved.
Dec 10, 2017 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
It'd be nice if this get season 2
A really nice show with a natural progression
Dec 10, 2017 1:52 AM
Jun 2017
i love it so much it,s so amazing and full of emotional and funny things , but i hope if there is a second season for it , it will be amazing ;D
Dec 10, 2017 5:18 AM
Aug 2016
That darn dryer! But they're so cute together. I was wondering how far the relationship would progress in just 1 episode but I think it's a lovely ending. I'm ready for the special!
Dec 10, 2017 8:23 AM
Aug 2016
this last episode complete me. so awkward, love it. neet meet neet. really need more episode :3
Dec 10, 2017 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
I liked how they wrapped everything so nicely... leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling
Dec 10, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
I'm going to miss this show.

I did expect more from the last episode. At least they held hands. They way that they were socially awkward didn't bother me at all since they were built in that manner. But come on, i was waiting for the confession.

Very refreshing and I couldn't help smiling towards the end. 9/10
Dec 10, 2017 1:16 PM

Mar 2016
This was cute! I really liked it. I love how most asian cultures make the simplest things in a relationship into a very cute, overly thought over, overly significant gesture like holding hands.
Dec 10, 2017 1:58 PM

Nov 2014
Arrrrggghh they're really cute in the end XD
I really like how MMO affect their relationship in both their real and virtual world
the character development pace is also good

I wish there are continuity to season 2, i'd like to see more of them especially morioka and sakurai, and another story from their guild member like kanbe and lilac and other.

I guess i'll gonna wait few days until crunchyroll stream the OVA, can't wait to see this hehe ^^
Dec 10, 2017 2:48 PM
Sep 2017
GundamSoul said:
They may be both adults but the series made it clear that they are socially awkward so it makes perfect sense that they would be nervous around each other. Hell that doesn't even change for adults IRL. Either way I loved how this ended and I would love a second season with them dating and being more awkward. 9/10 for me. Now to rewatch it this weekend along with episode 11. Crunchyroll will air it next week too.

You realize they are adults yes, but romantically speaking they are immature? Neither of them have, or at least portrayed to never have, been in romantic relationships.

You could say that's ridiculous, but do you remember hen Japan had that birth rate problem a few years ago where people weren't looking for relationships? Ppl more and more just don't care about relationships and sex anymore
Dec 10, 2017 10:13 PM

Oct 2012
Kimurah said:
Scath-kun said:
Not all romances need a kiss or even a flat out confession, just look at Shiki and Mikiya from Kara no Kyoukai for an example.

Is Kara no Kyoukai a romance oriented show? No? Then your example is a pretty bad one.

Oh my friend, as someone who absolutely loves KnK, beneath all that mystery and drama and magic shenanigans, it's probably the best romance designed by TM. It may not be romance oriented sure, but you can't deny that the romance was there.
Dec 10, 2017 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
very nice and happy ending
Dec 11, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
FARG IT! Why no confession!?!?
This show made me giggle all the way and the two even hold hands, and that's it!?
anyway, maybe both aren't ready for love but for sure both are aware that they have something special that they have for each other.
i'll give this a 9/10!
5/5.

Dec 11, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2017
Well, there wasn't a kiss but I'll settle for the adorkable duo holding hands for the first time and prolly going forward in their relationship from there.

An engaging and relatable show that exceeded my expectations. This is near the top of my anime of the year list right beside Tsurezure Children in the romance category. Now we just gotta wait for that ova..
Dec 11, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2017
TheUniqueReaper said:
That's it? What are they, 5? They are fucking adults around 30. Lowered my score to 7. now that the final happened and I reflect back on what has happened, I have to say, while there were good parts, it lacked a more mature atmosphere. I don't mean that in the sense of full-on sex or sexually tinted talk but the way especially Mori and Sakurai acted was something I would expect from 12 or 14 y/o's not 30 somethings.

Yeah I was disappoint. Gone from a nine to an eight. I expect them to kiss ffs come on! We've been waiting all season for this and they blue balled us right to the very end. Unamused TBH.

On the adult topic I would buy the heck out a mature sexy version of this lol
Dec 11, 2017 2:08 PM
Oct 2007
I thought it was a great show. Not quite as good as previous awkward romance Ore Monogatari, but I still enjoyed it. 8/10
Dec 11, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2010
Yoooo... in the last minutes of this episode I simply smiled up and started clapping. Truly when was the last time I seen an anime had such a FULL ending. I would argue that the whole anime was not truly trying to live up to it's name and it wasn't about recovery of Morioka at all, but this episode still managed to fulfil the promise of the title. The romance plot was wrapped up perfectly as well and while some here are unhappy without classic kiss scene, I don't think that such scene would suit this anime. While this anime definitely have romance in it, I would also say that it was never about romance either but rather... let's see... right just like in Kimi no na wa, it was more about two characters who already liked each other finding themselves in the world and confirming their feelings that were always there. There was no need for romance as the show already developed those feelings long before with their ingame characters, all that was left was the discovery of it. So yea, the classic kiss scene was really not appropriate as very often the kiss signifies the beginning of the relationship but in case of those two, that relationship was always there.

Hmmm... I feel like I wrote something wise for one... adding to that, I also now understand why this show was only 10 episodes long as during those 10 episodes the show completely fulfilled and brought to the end all the topics that it brought up. While someone might say, hey they aren't official couple, hey the MC didn't go back to work just yet... but truly this kind of ending which symbolises hope for the future is often better than actually seeing it and as for what would happen it's left to the audience to wonder about.

In any case it was really good enjoyable marathon.
Dec 11, 2017 6:53 PM

Dec 2016
wizteddy13 said:
Kimurah said:

Oh my friend, as someone who absolutely loves KnK, beneath all that mystery and drama and magic shenanigans, it's probably the best romance designed by TM. It may not be romance oriented sure, but you can't deny that the romance was there.

A romance without both parties acknoledging their feelings and expressing it verbally or with real actions is like entry course, it helps you calm your apettite, but it's not a real dinner.

eso18 said:
the classic kiss scene was really not appropriate as very often the kiss signifies the beginning of the relationship but in case of those two, that relationship was always there.

I'm my particular case, I wasn't expecting a kiss. A real confession with either outcome would have been more than enough. Or even if the show is supposed to run for more manga volumes, at least I would have appreciated if the author wouldn't have insulted my intelligence by adding not one, but two cockblock scenes (the dryer and the one interrupted by the kids in a bike) when during the whole running show not a single cliche scene like this was presented.

eso18 said:
the show completely fulfilled and brought to the end all the topics that it brought up

Did it? I don't think so Tim.

What was the point of stablishing support characters that would not have any kind of time under the spotlight other than being there as a background material. There was an obvious connection between Kanbe & Lilac, we hardly saw the real Lilac once, but that was it, nothing between those two was actually developed either online or IRL. Same goes for Pokotarou & Himeralda, the show even stablished that Himeralda's account was also used by her sister, but nothing about their relationship was showed at all.

How about Morioka's issue of returning to work? it was vaguely implied with a single cut of Morioka wearing working clothes, but that cut can be altered easily if there should be some continuation because of how vague it was.

eso18 said:
but truly this kind of ending which symbolises hope for the future is often better than actually seeing it and as for what would happen it's left to the audience to wonder about.

Are you sure about that Tim?

Go check out Tsuki ga Kirei's score, and the amount of people that have watched it. The show knew how to showcase a magnificent relationship between two kids that were actually more mature than these alleged adults in Net Juu and knew how to work around their anxieties and doubts of dating. That kind of ending is just the epitome in romance shows, and even if it wouldn't have gone all the way, it would still be miles ahead of where Net Juu leaves it's story and it's viewers. The show itself will become a classic in romance in the next few years where Net Juu will be another soon to be forgotten seasonal show with an anticlimatic ending.

I see a lot of people claiming that Net Juu's ending is more organic and it fits the tone of the show. Making another analogy, it's the same as buying front row tickets for a soccer match, watching a 90 minute game with a 0 - 0 score and claiming it's organic and exactly what the audience wanted. In reality, no one who actually enjoys soccer would buy tickets to see a game that goes nowhere for whole 90 minutes.

Dec 11, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
^I'll just quickly counteract some of the points above.

In KnK, that hug in movie 7 IS "both parties acknoledging their feelings and expressing it". Further solidified in the conversation that Mikiya has in the caf with the future-seeing girl in Mirai Fukuin regarding Shiki. Their understanding is at a level where a direct confession would be almost insulting.

I do agree that the cockblocks were frustrating, and the secondary characters faded out in the latter half. But you have to consider this is a webcomic that has been on hiatus for two years that got an adaptation, and the anime had only 10 episodes to portray a complete show. Granted, they could have left it completely open, but at least they gave us a fairly solid ending.

Regarding the maturity aspect of Net-Juu, we are talking about a couple who have worse social abilities than high schoolers regarding love, what did you expect really. They were shown at the end to go on a date, and have a good relationship, almost akin to going steady. Frankly, I'm amazed they made it as far as was shown.

And lastly, a 0-0 soccer game is just that, a 0-0 game. It could have had plenty of missed chances and saves, or been a game with no shots. Just the final scoreline cannot be used to deride the contents of the game itself.

Sure, it may be just a seasonal thing, but I'd say it gave a lot more than what any of us were expecting when it was first mentioned.
Dec 11, 2017 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
ONLY 10 EPS!? I'M SO SAD

This anime reminded me why i love romance anime so much. What a lovely turn out.

8/10, was really sweet and made me smile, and even squee like a fangirl once.

I'm not going to get into explaining this one unless someone asks, because imo, it was pretty self-explanatory, and self-contained.
GenesisAriaDec 11, 2017 8:57 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 12, 2017 9:31 AM
Feb 2009
i'm convinced that the series is only 10 episodes long because koiwai did a damn fine job as wingman
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 12, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
That was the lewdest ending I've ever seen. Holding hands! >///////<

Koiwai is still the best wingman. Even when they were on their date, he spelled it out for them so they could go the extra step for that lewd hand holding!

Really enjoyed this show, though I feel like there were tons of other characters that were barely touched on, so I hesitate to go higher than a 9. Although it gets tons of bonus points from me as a Mabinogi player!
Dec 12, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this!!!! I had no idea that was the last episode though....would have loved to see more. Those two holding hands at the end was so cute.

8/10 probably would have been a 9 had it been a bit longer, and had they kissed lol.
Dec 13, 2017 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
Solid ending.

YMMV as far as all the coincidences are concerned. Really, it was set up like that from the very beginning. I knew there would be all these coincidences and I knew it'd be predictable. You could tell from that start. It never really bothered me, but again, YMMV. If you suspend your disbelief enough, it's a nice little romance story.

But honestly I was hoping for it to be a little deeper. Maybe get more of Moriko's feelings on her living the NEET life. More details as to why she decided to just up and quit her job would have been nice. Perhaps we could have seen her taking steps to re-enter the work force. Season 2?
In other words, if they added just a little bit of spice from, say, the brilliant anime known as Welcome to the NHK, this anime could have been really something.

But yeah, nice romance anime.

BTW, Mamiko Noto as Moriko has to be the best performance of the year, with the exception of Akira Ishida in Rakugo. Mamiko Noto is always brilliant, but she totally brought this character to life. And obviously Moriko was the best thing about this show.
Dec 13, 2017 1:42 AM
Oct 2015
The relatively nice ending, loved the timings when the mood was starting to get good or when Sakurai was attempting to confess, especially when the kids of the bicycle just shouted "AYE!".
Overall I really enjoyed this anime, and also I'm gald that I found this anime and got lucky with the Youtube recommending system cause I didn't find this on MAL. Either my final rating for this anime is a 7/10.
Heckle was here...
Dec 13, 2017 2:39 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed this cute short anime though I would love more episodes lol
Dec 13, 2017 3:21 AM
Mar 2012
The end rpgish music & Hayashi/Lily in mirror reflection leaving them holding hands was quite nice an end, despite those lolz interrupted confessions.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

164 by mjjones0 »»
Yesterday, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.