Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
Bittersweet ending, I just wanted to see more Rem. It's almost like she didn't matter.
Sep 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
AmejiHunter said:
Vanisher said:
What a surprise, it sucked.

What a surprise, yet another failure of a troll.
Gotta step up your game, man.

You gotta learn a troll is before using the word.
Sep 18, 2016 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Welp I finished the episode of the series, to be honest I can't say the ending was bad, but it could have been a lot better than what it should be. Yes it was rather cheesy but it was still sweet in a way. And yeah I can see the Remfags salty anyways throughout the runtime but this was pretty nice.

It's still a possibility to make a second season though to be fairly honest, people shouldn't complain that much at least imo.

Overall, I'll give it an 8.5/10 at least. It's pretty great, one of my favorites of the year that's for sure.
Sep 18, 2016 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
Sep 18, 2016 12:09 PM
May 2016
Rem Fags are the most Annoying Selfish Salty Fanbase in an Anime period
Sep 18, 2016 12:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm assuming that there will be a second season because there is a bucketful of unanswered questions and lose ends (why the hell is Subaru even in there!). This has been successful enough to merit a second season so I hope we see something soon.

Subaru's love confession should definitely be obligatory viewing for anime script writers. Proper confessions thank you, no more wishy washy male leads.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 18, 2016 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
very satisfying ending, this remains a 10 for me, there wasnt an episode I didnt thoroughly enjoy
I would also like to notice that episode lasted more than 27 minutes, another show of care for the anime
Sep 18, 2016 12:11 PM
Dec 2014
Beautiful ending, though I kinda expected a shocking moment.
Sep 18, 2016 12:12 PM
Jan 2012
Emilia is the best girl, gg. That was awesome title.

May 2015
id give it a 9ish good adaptation nice animation quality nice ost and voice actors are fucking good all the flaws are subjective

I really expected barusu to talk to emilia about rem and emilia would say
then styx and helix would play in the background while barusu's mind is trembling and they would announce season two after the credits
TyrelSep 18, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
Dregora said:
chakracat said:
Calm down niggas.

Blank letter scene is made for s2.

The thing is, they never even hinted/adressed at it. I know the Blank letters explanation, but the sheer fact they did not adress anything about Rem at áll is just idiotic. She was absent the entire final and you don't do that to a main char unless you give the viewers a hint that something might've happend.

They'll probably do a second season because of the insane popularity and sales in Japan. When? I do not know but it's pretty much guaranteed at this point.
Oh god who are you people?
Sep 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
Ok, why did they omit the scene, you know, THAT important subplot? And Subaru was supposed to kiss Emilia there, so that's two things they didn't show, plus I don't why they're so afraid of showing the Witch saying "I love you" to Subaru, the skipped way too many things, it was so fucking rushed, do they even plan to release a second season?...(gasp)...anyway, it was a nice ride, I was splanning on giving it a 9/10 but i guess an 8 will do, due to all the skipping, I'll have to keep reading the LN and the rest of the WB and I hope they make a second season, I hope this wasn't just a comercial for the LN or I'll be pissed.

8/10.
Sep 18, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
Whew...it ended.
And the green guy didn't die, but was sealed...
The witch have such a cute voice...wonder how she looks (or I might miss it).
7/10...overall meh...Subaru is annoying half of the series so yea.
Sep 18, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
Can someone tell me, what Subaru wrote in the evangelium?
Sep 18, 2016 12:15 PM
Jul 2016
TsundereHeart said:
Also one thing I've always wondered (even if it's not quite relevant) is like is there one world line or many? Is there any indication of either?

In other words, does the world revolve around Subaru and once he dies, everything is reset? Or in some parallel universe do the other characters continue living with a dead Subaru?

Just a random thought

I was owndering this too. I think when Subaru dies another parallel universe is created and in the last one they just keep living, dealing with his death.
Feb 2009
I guess whitefox didn't want to end on a cliffhanger but this feels meta instead.

Nov 2013
kurikinton said:
id give it a 9ish good adaptation nice animation quality nice ost and voice actors are fucking good all the flaws are subjective

I really expected barusu to talk to emilia about rem and emilia would say "who is rem?" then styx and helix would play in the background while barusu's mind is trembling and they would announce season two after the credits

That's exactly how I pictured it in my mind, but I'm trying to convince myself that the reason the didn't include that is because they will make a second season lol
Sep 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2009
We actually reached the Good ending. That is freaking surprising for an anime about death and suffering.

It was such a good anime. I haven't enjoyed watching something so much since Your Lie in April.

Emilia is safe, children are safe, mostly everyone is alive, and Subaru isn't Suffaru. Everything about the ending was perfect.

Jul 2016
TsundereHeart said:
Also one thing I've always wondered (even if it's not quite relevant) is like is there one world line or many? Is there any indication of either?

In other words, does the world revolve around Subaru and once he dies, everything is reset? Or in some parallel universe do the other characters continue living with a dead Subaru?

Just a random thought

There were some spinoff what if scenario's by the author that indicate the latter.

Apr 2015
Dat cheesy ending lol.

Overall nice ride. 7/10 for me.

Apr 2010
Is there a confirmed season 2? I haven't seen anything yet.

Nov 2011
That's how you end a MASTERPIECE! Yeah i said it. These animators blew their loads into this episode and in my opinion it was SHEER brilliance. I love Rem and I know a lot of people are hurt about Subaru not being with her, but Emilia is pretty awesome as well. That ending was so touching.

The only thing I was pissed about was Subaru about to say something at the end and they cut to credits...I FUCKING HATE THAT

100/10 anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 18, 2016 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
Now that was an amazing ending. Loved the show through and through. Definitely one of the best shows to come out in recent memory. Absolutely loved the ending.

10/10 easily.

Dec 2014
I enjoyed the shit out of this series. The White Whale arc was a little meh but everything else so much better than most things that are coming out. It was a very fun show to watch every week and read the discussion threads. I'm ready for a second season if/whenever that is. Also, I'm happy with where WF ended it. I would've been upset if it was left on a cliffhanger for years/indefinitely.

9/10
Jul 2016
So that cut scene will appear in the second season Ahm ?

They did not show to shock those who didnt read the spoilers ?
Or Maybe they didnt show so that the viewer stay with that salty thing "When next Season Comming ? "

I expected that they show the Scene to shock and make the viewer salty a hell but the LN or WB are not Complete to make a Second Season they didn show..

Im OK with that :) :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
Even though the ending felt a bit forced and wasn't the best it's probably better to leave it that way than to end it with a cliffhanger, since a sequel seems uncertain at this point.

Overall a solid 7, I'd say.
Sep 18, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
I'm the only who thinks that Subarus open mouth at the end suggest that he was trying to say something like "Its funny, Rem said the same thing".

May 2016
finally is end nice ending romance hope have season 2
I don't care
Apr 2012
Meh. Still waiting for the show to live up to that super intriguing first arc, but so it goes. It kind of got caught up in itself and dragged along too-conventional plot lines (guess it has to stay faithful to whatever was in its source), but fun action and some of those despair episodes in the middle were wonderfully executed.

Overall a tentative 7/10 but almost made an 8 for the spectator quality of the fandom shipping wars, it's so rare that I don't get invested and can thus watch one from the outside. That said, shoutout to Crusch.
Sep 18, 2016 12:22 PM
Mar 2016
lonelytree said:
Wow, the saltiness here is real.

As an anime-only viewer, really thought the show was generally great. Skipped content or not, I don't give a shit. Drama handled nicely without being overly-melodramatic, and plot generally had me curious as to what would happen next. Animation was overall pretty good, too.

Though I wished Emilia would've played a larger role as the last moments between her and Subaru didn't really affect me as much as with Rem and Subaru in the second arc.

Overall, 8-9/10 idk.

Lucky for those who haven't watched the series yet can just marathon it all away.

The main ship always get a lack of development while the other get more just like raku and onodera.
Sep 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Wow...when seeing Betelgeuse die actually made me shed a tear, I feel there is just so much more to him than just being a funny nut case. ( I heard he had a depressing past )

That scene with Emilia and Subaru also made me cry a little bit, out of happiness :)

It's been a long trip with this anime. I'm sad that there was no announcement at the end of the credits for a season 2 :(

Well I think it's 100% completely safe to say

THIS IS A 10/10 MASTERPIECE
Sep 18, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
...Just when Subaru was gonna talk mor- episode ends, and the title appears; "That's All This Story Is About" - AS IF! xD ... Wait, what?! It's about...cliffhangers?! OH!! SO THIS MEANS THAT WE SHOULD WAIT?? THIS IS THE...HIDDEN MESSAGE? YAY!! Season 2 CONFIRMED! (I take the credit for deciphering, thanks.)

Nov 2013
_gabriel said:
TsundereHeart said:

Just a random thought

I was owndering this too. I think when Subaru dies another parallel universe is created and in the last one they just keep living, dealing with his death.

Actually, if you want to know...

Jul 2018
This show was pretty solid from start to end.

I think it's something between 7 or 8 out of 10.
Mar 2016
kagamihiiragi123 said:
Emilia is the best girl, gg. That was awesome title.

EMT EMT EMT ☝ ☝ ☝

Aug 2016
weak ending m8... i havent read the novel thing but it feels like it all led up to a whole bunch of nothing other than the obvious emilia falling for subaru
Sep 18, 2016 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
melodykpop said:
AmejiHunter said:

The blue version of Ram.

I meant who is the one in the coma? Weren't they you now aren't here anymore

That person is
Sep 18, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Vanisher said:
AmejiHunter said:

What a surprise, yet another failure of a troll.
Gotta step up your game, man.

You gotta learn a troll is before using the word.
Rehls said:
...Just when Subaru was gonna talk mor- episode ends, and the title appears; "That's All This Story Is About" - AS IF! xD ... Wait, what?! It's about...cliffhangers?! OH!! SO THIS MEANS THAT WE SHOULD WAIT?? THIS IS THE...HIDDEN MESSAGE? YAY!! Season 2 CONFIRMED! (I take the credit for deciphering, thanks.)

Man I hope you're right.
Sep 18, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Sywed said:
weak ending m8... i havent read the novel thing but it feels like it all led up to a whole bunch of nothing other than the obvious emilia falling for subaru

She isn't in love with him though.

And in no way was that weak, even though it WAS weaker than what is supposed to happen right after it.
Sep 18, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2016
PhyrexiaN said:
I'm the only who thinks that Subarus open mouth at the end suggest that he was trying to say something like "Its funny, Rem said the same thing".

Yeah it was kinda of Cut off , Second Season you will know , it's a Huge Spoiler , thats why half of the Users Are Salty as Hell xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 12:28 PM
Sep 2016
The apology scene was what I've been waiting forever for. And it did not disappoint!
Sep 18, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
SEASON 2 PLEASE WHITEFOX

PLEASE
Sep 18, 2016 12:29 PM
May 2016
I Swear to God thatLN reader saltyness is over 9000 and most of them are Rem Fags
Sep 18, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2016
That's a really weak ending

so what happens in the LN next?
Sep 18, 2016 12:30 PM
Oct 2015
Finally the trainwreck is over.

5/10 overall.
Sep 18, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
FragOutFire said:
That's a really weak ending

so what happens in the LN next?

Well, http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE Obvious motherfucking spoilers ( haven't read it myself either)
Jul 2018
AmejiHunter said:
melodykpop said:

I meant who is the one in the coma? Weren't they you now aren't here anymore

That person is

Maybe they didn't show it because they wanted a happy ending..

And people saying it was a weak ending should realize that in the last few years there was only a very few anime that had a proper ending, like not some open-ending or "wait for s2" type of ending.

Sep 2012
Sorarin said:
Can someone tell me, what Subaru wrote in the evangelium?

Omg I was wondering this too!
I stopped at the scene and could not get what was standing on the left side until I read your post.

So on the left side it would be "Eso" (えそ) and on the right side it is the Kanji 凶 (きょう) which means bad luck; bad fortune; evil; wickedness

I just don't know what this "eso" is supposed to mean :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DerWuestenfuchs
「Just another weeb living the dream in Japan」
Sep 18, 2016 12:32 PM
Mar 2014
While I have not read the source and have no idea about the scene that they've supposedly skipped... C'mon guys, White Fox didn't show the OP and ED for most of the episodes. If it's that's important they'll surely animate it in the next season.
Sep 18, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
Somehow I expected this. If you're not a source reader/haven't been back and forth with them the last few months you can accept this as one of those open-ended LN epilogues we've gotten so used to. If you have at least been exposed, even vaguely to source readers you can take this as a type of de-facto-fan-insisted sequel hook. The End... *random fan voice-over* Or is it...?

Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.