Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Jun 26, 2020 4:58 PM

May 2020
Been rewatching Season 1 in preparation for Season 2 and I forgot just how hard this moment hit. I think this might be the most emotional death of the season as Subaru realizes that he's not trusted by the people he worked with through several restarts. Absolutely brutal when Rem slams his head in.
Jul 8, 2020 6:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
His dead was still undeniable after changing his own route. However, he got the initial goals, to captured the identity of his killer. But, damn, its a Blue Demon that wanted his death. Why? Lets just skipped the unnecessarity and jumped through the next episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 8, 2020 10:02 AM
Jun 2020
weeby413 said:
I LITERALLY JUST NOW REALIZED YOU CAN WATCH ANIME ON MAL SKSKSKSKSKS

Wait you can; can you please tell me how?
Jul 8, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Omaha71 said:
Wait you can; can you please tell me how?
If Re:Zero is not region-locked for you on CR, you can watch it here
Sep 14, 2020 12:57 PM
Aug 2020
This episode was pretty good, and it was such a cliffhanger!
Sep 17, 2020 3:46 PM
Oct 2019
Nothing happens. Nothing happens.

CLIFFHANGER.

Rinse. Repeat.

I *see* what's happening but I have no clue why any of it's happening. There was obviously something up with that rich guy and his twin maids, but I would've expected the red pink haired one to be the evil one.
HagePotPotatoSep 17, 2020 3:50 PM
Sep 26, 2020 1:13 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my, how many times he will have to restart that morning? ;P

The killer's identity has been revealed! I did not expect Rem to be the one, to be frank. :o
Nov 9, 2020 6:54 PM

Jun 2020
wow, this episode made me see subaru in another light. i felt so bad for him when he was talking about even tho how no one remembers, he would & how he's trying so hard to rise to this situation. didn't really think much of him previously, i think i'll really grow to like him actually!

these episodes tho LOL kinda reminds me of bakemonogatari, where pretty much nothing happens - and then towards the end EVERYTHING happens lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 27, 2021 4:22 PM

Feb 2019
I remember it is Rem who killed Subaru but I don't know the reason :(
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 3, 2021 2:33 AM
Jun 2020
I can't imagine assassinate was rem and again subaru die>
May 28, 2021 3:53 AM

May 2020
That scream at the start was understandable especially after what happened at the end of the last episode...

Puck washing Subaru looked really cool

Awww Subaru getting rejected lmao.

Didn't think Ram yawning would be so kawaii

Introduction of Shamans who originate from the northern nation Gusteco.

In the mansion, only Beatrice and Puck can drain mana.
Funny interactions between Subaru and Beako <3

I really love Ram's blunt and honest personality

The parallel between Ram and Rem and the story "The Red Ogre Who Cried".

I loved the shot at around 14:56 with the Red and Blue lights in the window with the middle window having a purple hue.

There is a lot of Red/Blue symbolisms throughout this episode to parallel Ram/Rem. Particularly the shot of the sky and a flock of birds flying in the Red sky contrast to only 1 bird flew in the blue sky, connected to the events in the "Red Ogre Who Cried" story. Neat.

"I'm the type that wants to be rewarded for the effort I put in." I appreciate this line from Subaru.

"But it's the red ogre that I think is beyond help" Ram possibly referring to herself as well.

"If the red ogre truly wanted to befriend the humans, he should have broken off his horns and gone to them."
Subtle foreshadowing, really neat.

"Which of the two ogres would you like to befriend" and of course Subaru chooses both of them. I really like all the foreshadowing in this episode.

The Royal Family signed a contract with a Dragon.

"That story you told me about the ogres..."
"Don't tell it to Rem."
"I'm certain she wouldn't like it."
More foreshadowing!

Subaru nearly getting blown away by a morningstar.

And it's... Rem! Next episode is a big one, the first major turning point in the series.
Nov 21, 2021 12:56 AM

Jan 2021
Damn so it was Rem I definitely thought it would be Ram

Jan 4, 2022 3:30 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That betrayal must have been gut-wrenching for him, I personally thought it was gonna be Ram.
Jul 10, 2022 3:23 PM

Feb 2018
That ogre fairytale was awfully similar to Rem & Ram hmmmm... That ending again.. Rem what're you doing :S
Aug 25, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2022
interesting conversation with Ram, and a pretty interesting and sad fairy tale by Subaru. unfortunately his plan this episode was a no go, and these cliffhangers are crazy too. I never expected that to happen. if only he could reach a save point where he was very close with Emilia and everyone else, he wouldn't have to worry anymore. Subaru is also someone who wants to be rewarded for their efforts, and that is something that makes him awesome.
Sep 5, 2022 1:30 PM
Aug 2021
the plot twist in the end caught my eye insanely much, with my expectations being completely shattered from what i expected from it
Oct 9, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2021
well i definitely wasn't expecting that... i wonder what rem's purpose in doing this is... will be interesting to see
Nov 3, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2021
These episodes have been nothing but crazy. I was taken aback when I saw Rem in the end there. She must have her reasons but still I'm shocked!! Other than that I liked the part where Subaru caught both of Ram's fingers. This was yet again a pretty good episode!!!
Feb 4, 2023 1:21 PM
Feb 2021
Bro what. Rem really seems like she likes Subaru so I doubt she's the one who thought of this, but still really strange
Feb 4, 2023 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
@Drakeheat
The next episode should explain why she did this.
May 7, 2023 10:29 AM
Jun 2021
Subaru is dumb as shit
How can you be as positive as him when u know there is a murderer close to you
Aug 22, 2023 6:27 AM
Jan 2023
Alright, so mostly an episode about gathering information about the attack, interesting.

Poor Subaru getting launched out the window onto the bush like that, I bet that hurt, and it just so happened that Emilia was standing right there both times.

Didn't expect Rem to be the attacker though, I have so many questions at this point.
Nov 14, 2023 6:16 PM

Aug 2023
Story: 7/10
Visual: 8/10
Detailed: 7/10
Characters: 7/10
Emotions: 8/10
Smoothness: 7/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 8/10
Originals: 6/10
Intense: 6/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Fun/Laughter: 5/10
NSFW: 3/10
Boring: 3/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 24, 2023 12:01 PM

Dec 2022
Figured it would be one of these two maid sluts who murdered him the last few times. I thought they were insincere from the start. The clown guy was also suspicious, but doesn't seem like the type to do the dirty work himself when his minions are available.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2023
Rem and Ram! These two twins are very cute, hot, and smashable! I, on god, would do them for a whole year.
Jan 10, 7:36 PM

Feb 2022
things are getting weird
Apr 15, 4:03 PM
Jan 2024
Aww no outro song? =(
Still a great and intriguing episode
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Apr 2024
This episode left me feeling flat. I think predictability of this show is getting to me. The episode leans heavily on established patterns. Subaru dies, wakes up at a checkpoint, and attempts a new course of action. While this core mechanic was somewhat suspenseful at first, by now it feels formulaic. The "deaths" themselves lack the shock value of earlier episodes, and the solutions are telegraphed.

Banal dialogues, which were more noticeable in this episode, doesn't help the viewing experience. The lines are repetitive, especially during Subaru's internal monologues. Phrases like "I have to return by death again" or "This isn't how it's supposed to go" lose their impact with overuse.

This predictability and repetitiveness make the viewer question continuing and wasting time on this show. Is the payoff worth another loop? Will Subaru truly break free of the pattern, or are we in for more of the same?

In a show with competent writing, the groundwork laid in seemingly uneventful episodes pays off later in a big way. This episode could be setting the stage for a major revelation or a significant shift in Subaru's power, but with the quality of this show's writing that is very unlikely.

In an actually good anime, while the plot might feel stagnant, there are character developments still happening. In this anime, however, Subaru's interactions with others or his internal struggles stays the same.

The predictability and repetitive elements are a major turn-off. And they haven't given me any reason to be invested in the characters and the world. This anime hasn’t given me any reason to believe these boring episodes are a steppingstone to something bigger in future episodes.

Do I enjoy the core concept? Somewhat. The "Return by Death" ability is central to the series. But if all this anime gives me is a frustration of predictability outweighing the intrigue of that power. Continuing watching this might not be for me, but I think I'll give this thoroughly mediocre anime few more episodes to see if it will give me any pay-off.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.