Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2023 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but did Kraft mention that he has met the goddess once? He's probably over 5000 years old when people were still using stones as tools.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 17, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
The illustration of the Goddess by Abe Tsukasa-sensei is so beautiful!
Nov 17, 2023 10:40 AM

Mar 2013
This episode is seriously making me want to read the manga... 🥲
Another amazing episode.

@Janethan23 For this series' world (after watching this episode), it looks like a hundred years is only something like a year or a decade to them.
Then he also called Frieren as someone younger than him... So it's probably like that ↑↑↑
CrazyButNot4UNov 17, 2023 10:46 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 17, 2023 10:44 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to SasakiYuuto
It's so weird do heard Dio... I mean Takehito Koyasu talk this caim
@SasakiYuuto he appears at least 2-3 times every season out of nowhere.
Nov 17, 2023 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
Love the shift back to the slower SoL vibes after a lot of intensity over the past few episodes. I hope we get to see Kraft again soon, he made a good impression very quickly and I like him a lot already (and also hearing Takehito Koyasu is always a plus).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 17, 2023 10:58 AM
Oct 2023
I swear, every frieren episode is always better than the last. This episode, aswell as introducing a new character, finally completed the arc (idk the name) which was one of my favourite arcs in all of anime. Apart from that, since it did just finish an arc and didnt have any time for introducing a new one, they decided to add a lot more comedy than usual which is something that you dont see in the manga. A good example is starks weird dream and him waking up.

Coming from me, This was an 8.5/10. My reasons are that it:
-had good animation (applies to all episodes)
-had good after-story about the previous arc
-had good comedy

That's it i guess. Dont rly know what else to add
Nov 17, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Mainnus
Interesting, 1000+ years old is considered young.

How old is Kraft then?
3000 - 5000 years old doesn’t sound like out of possibility.
@Mainnus In my opinion, I think Kraft has to be atleast 6000 years old as he is starting to age (In human years about in his 40s)
Nov 17, 2023 11:02 AM
Nov 2019
What do I even say, This is the BEST Adventure anime out there. Out of the world Music and Story.
Nov 17, 2023 11:05 AM

Jun 2017
A wholesome SOL episode. Evan Call soundtrack is outstanding.
Nov 17, 2023 11:07 AM
May 2016
Really an amazing show with mesmerizing visuals, art and music.
Adding to that is the novelty of telling the story from the perspective of a thousand year old elf, with near eternal life as she sees countless friends and heroes disappear of old age around her.
The humor in this show also adds a very nice touch without being silly or over the top.
One of my very few 10/10. It's just that good!
Nov 17, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2020
fern lahan pabrik susu mantap
Nov 17, 2023 12:00 PM
May 2023
I half-expected Kraft to say “Violet-o chan”
Nov 17, 2023 12:04 PM

Aug 2022
It's nice to see another elf. He is jacked af.
Nov 17, 2023 12:43 PM

Jul 2019
When that insert song took place in the episode, it felt like a very precious moment. The fact the song was also utterly beautiful? Yeah, I think that showed quite well why Frieren as a series is such a wonderful one. 💖
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Nov 17, 2023 1:05 PM
Jul 2014
Kinda surprised they didn't stay at the town for longer if winter was coming. Frieren probably wouldn't have thought of it but the Graf would have.

Unless maybe the hut was a lot further from the town (a few months) than they made it seem (a few days/weeks).

Still, I guess it was good for Kraft that they did.
Nov 17, 2023 1:21 PM
Oct 2023
Great episode, nice break from the action

I liked what Kraft said, "And before that?". An elfs famous adventure list is probably like a millennial programmers linkedin
I wanna see more of Kraft singles, hes somehow both badass kind and hot

Stark and Ferns reactions were cute as usual, I guess gay people also exist
Nov 17, 2023 1:54 PM

Jan 2021
The demons have been defeated, the knights have been buried, and one of the harshest winters have passed. Traveling to Endo is still our main goal.

Cool to see Frieren talk to another elf, thought they'd talk a bit more but it was interesting to see the elf's take on religion.
Nov 17, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2020
Well Frieren stark and fern are leaving the town and going to the north territorium and yeah stark has really funny in this episode with fern.
Well Kraft was a nice guy he really resembles heikel.
Very good episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 17, 2023 2:10 PM
Mar 2019
All I can say about this episode is <3 I can't believe we are barely halfway into this.
Nov 17, 2023 2:18 PM

Jun 2017
The elven lifespan must be batshit insane if Kraft called Frieren young. lol

(it was funny how Fern tried to shoo her away from him despite lacking the horny anyway)
Nov 17, 2023 2:24 PM

Dec 2022
At least we now know it is still possible to repopulate the elven race.
Nov 17, 2023 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to delirific
At least we now know it is still possible to repopulate the elven race.
@delirific Dont think so, not a lot of self-preserve instinct on the elf race.

BTW Great episode. Loved it to be relaxing again after the last arc.
Nov 17, 2023 2:34 PM
Nov 2019
urusan aura udh selesai
melanjutkan perjalanan ke utara tapi terjebak badai salju
dan bertemu elf lainnya yaitu kraft
My Candies :
Nov 17, 2023 3:03 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to falko92
@delirific Dont think so, not a lot of self-preserve instinct on the elf race.

BTW Great episode. Loved it to be relaxing again after the last arc.
@falko92 Physically, all the bits are there. All they lack is motivation. The past elves clearly had some reason they did it, even if pragmatic rather than instinctive in nature.
Nov 17, 2023 3:46 PM
Feb 2022
Stark my man. You're destined for a life of pain. Be it from heartbreak, callous maybe stern women or war wounds. You'll have a hard life be it short or long.
Nov 17, 2023 4:16 PM
Oct 2019
omg, this ep so amazing
Nov 17, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2018
Parting is such sweet sorrow. I liked the monk so much, really cool guy. I hope we can see more of the elves. They are all so lonely it's sad. I also like the aspect where not all religion is bad; tired of seeing it demonized.
Nov 17, 2023 5:20 PM

Apr 2022
damn man, the choir music was absolutely divine at the beginning and then another song later on, this show just doesn't miss. i was not expecting takehito koyasu's voice while reading lol that was very interesting. more parallels, you love to see it and another great episode. that "i'll see you in a few centuries" hit hard but i'm glad freiren got to meet another elf.
Nov 17, 2023 5:44 PM

Mar 2017
How is this series so cool. Frieren has been around people who are considered myths nowadays, like Flamme, the founder of humanity's magic, but Kraft is implied to have been around since before the last time the Goddess showed up! I can only imagine what he's accomplished in his life that he wants the Goddess to praise him for...
Nov 17, 2023 6:00 PM

Aug 2022
After riding the wave of excitement from that epic last arc, a laid-back, slow-paced episode like this really brings back the essence of what initially captivated me in this storyline. It's like a masterclass in weaving emotions and melancholy through dialogue.

The theme of elves witnessing their own race fading into obscurity hits hard, and the notion of seeing your achievements and companions erode over time is genuinely disheartening. Kraft could have been a hero on par with Frieren, and the thought adds another layer of depth.

There's this nostalgic vibe, reminiscent of 90s Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem, where the final scenarios often introduced a super old hero from a bygone era. Frieren's character is sparking a desire in me to dive back into those games.
Nov 17, 2023 6:01 PM
Mar 2021
Nov 17, 2023 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
i hope we get to see more elves
Nov 17, 2023 6:32 PM
Oct 2016
Following the craziness of few episodes its nice here to have a slower episode as our group recovers from their fight and move onward north. Graf Granat very appreciative towards Frieren, Fern and Stark since they saved the town. Not only that but by killing Aura it set all those lost souls free from their torment of being her soldiers. Stark repeatedly thinking he was going to get executed for talking causally was really funny. The townsfolk naturally wanting to celebrate their saviors before they depart, lots of parties and resting up. Now picking their next destination of the biggest northern city to take this mage exam. A very funny scene of Frieren saying she's not certified because these groups that monitor mages change so much. Frieren is just too old for the way the world works she can't handle the rapid changes. Fern playing mom basically to Frieren since the elf doesn't really care about stuff like that always makes me laugh. Trying to cross these mountains didn't go as smoothly as hoped, running into an immediate blizzard and getting lost. Stark passing out was funny, he couldn't handle the cold at all. Fern wanting to just leave him cause he's foo heavy. A nice break finding that cabin, with another elf inside no less. Kraft the monk, he provided much useful help to our group over these months enduring the long winter. The four of them bonded well taking care of each other. Some poignant conversations about faith, receiving and accepting praise, and longevity between Kraft and Frieren. Just as fast as we meet Kraft he's gone now since the winter has passed. Our group must continue north to this city.
Nov 17, 2023 7:46 PM

May 2019
Reply to MomoSinX
The elven lifespan must be batshit insane if Kraft called Frieren young. lol

(it was funny how Fern tried to shoo her away from him despite lacking the horny anyway)

@MomoSinX the guy may have thousands of years, while Frieren the girl just have something more than a millenia.

And we are still going to see another elf from mith era.

---

That "city's SOL" scenes and music was amazing.

Nov 17, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2021
dio as elf is crazy
Nov 17, 2023 8:15 PM
Jul 2020
nice episode frirend best
Nov 17, 2023 9:06 PM

Jul 2022
Ah man, this one is so very good. It's beyond what I hope for, get sucked in and don't know if there is anything different to say than the many others.

The song in the middle is epic, and the rest of the music is A+++. Some rich horns going on can be a real good time. I get the hate with the OP, seemingly unsimilar in style, but I kinda like it. It's got a funky beat, and I can dance to it.

Everything is good and nothing is bad with this episode. The element of time is so masterfully treated my head spins. 6 months in a cabin, 6,000 year old monk, nightly supper together before the fire, 24-minute slice of life fantasy with a rare double helping of elves. Fabulous storytelling. Great animation.

Nov 17, 2023 9:11 PM
Sep 2023
This is a really great anime
Nov 17, 2023 9:24 PM

May 2022
Get to finally see the contrast with someone who has lived much longer then frieren. I assume the monk had is own demon king type of adventure feat. He is so old now not even frieren is familiar with his accomplishments. Even though frierens party completed there adventure relatively recently her accomplishments will slowly, become a tale that is told that few living will know if it actually happened. A story in written literature and forgotten in time similar to the monk as she lives her life.

Probably the reason why she doesn't bring it up initially in most of her encounters, even though these would have made the journey easier. She has already moved on mostly and it was a relatively small time event in her lifetime for living a 1000 years already. She realizes most people have long forgotten the party and there accomplishments as most of the humans during that time have died and less will know by the day. Time losses its importance as you know you will likely live so long so its hard to emotionally be attached to anything as elfs.
Nov 17, 2023 9:40 PM

Apr 2023
I'm starting to understand Frieren's impression that a decade passes quickly: We've already reached the 11th episode and everything goes by so quickly! Even in episodes like this, where relatively "nothing" happens, it's so enjoyable that at the end it feels like it only lasted 3 minutes.

I'm loving Frieren's post-journey, I wish all 28 episodes of the season lasted as long as the combo 1st episode.
Nov 17, 2023 9:43 PM
Feb 2020
there was a really bad song in this episode but other than that it was another good episode
if this show had 12 episode seasons this would be the start of season 2

i think i would enjoy the show more that way but then id have to wait between 6 months and 3 years to watch this episode
or maybe it would just make the show more boring considering it would be slightly slower paced

i dont know but its always interesting to think about different ways to adapt a manga into an anime, ive put a lot of time into calculating stuff like this for dr stone and dragon ball

this episode really feels like the start of season 2

i think im only just now realizing that the end goal of this story might be to talk to the dead members of the hero party
i was wondering why she didnt do it yet
this is a journey to heaven or something

also i must criticize the crunchyroll subtitles for not including the honorifics
Nov 17, 2023 9:50 PM

May 2023
very good chapter, I appreciate very much that you have given us this chapter full of peace and a very cold atmosphere, I loved this chapter and the memory of frieren towards his old group, I love this anime.
hiraganaaNov 17, 2023 9:55 PM
Nov 17, 2023 10:16 PM
Oct 2022
Never really noticed or enjoyed an anime background OST & Sound Design this much. This is for the first time after Call of Silence (OST from Attack on Titan) that I'm enjoying music and SFX which are just so soothing & joy bring truly embracing & befitting the theme and joy of adventuring.

The rustling of leaves, the crunch of snow underfoot, the clash of swords. The sound design in Frieren creates an immersive experience its almost like Mushoko Tensei but it has it own uniqueness.The sound design ensures that every environment feels real & sort of human.

For me music & fights go hand in hand I always love when Directors work with the Sound Team to create a music symphony for big fights and blend it together that it feels like the rhythm of the war. The synergy between visuals and sound elevates the storytelling and brings back the memory of childhood enjoying and discovering the world through my own eyes.

Nov 17, 2023 10:36 PM
Jun 2007
Ah they are in northern lands, found a shelter and shared with Kraft the monk, elf for half a year
Nov 17, 2023 11:18 PM
Oct 2021
I love the slow pace slice of life adventuring feeling this show give the exact thing the manga was build on was not the action the fight but a slow adventure with Frieren Fern and Stark masterpiece.
Nov 17, 2023 11:36 PM
Feb 2021
Another beautiful sol episode, love it
Nov 18, 2023 12:04 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to gladiatorstv
Never really noticed or enjoyed an anime background OST & Sound Design this much. This is for the first time after Call of Silence (OST from Attack on Titan) that I'm enjoying music and SFX which are just so soothing & joy bring truly embracing & befitting the theme and joy of adventuring.

The rustling of leaves, the crunch of snow underfoot, the clash of swords. The sound design in Frieren creates an immersive experience its almost like Mushoko Tensei but it has it own uniqueness.The sound design ensures that every environment feels real & sort of human.

For me music & fights go hand in hand I always love when Directors work with the Sound Team to create a music symphony for big fights and blend it together that it feels like the rhythm of the war. The synergy between visuals and sound elevates the storytelling and brings back the memory of childhood enjoying and discovering the world through my own eyes.

@gladiatorstv And then they ruin all of that with that obnoxious J-pop vocaloid opening song that completely destroys the atmosphere and tone of the show. They could have gone with the Mushishi or Aria route by using a song that goes well with the overall tone of the anime, but instead went with some loud obnoxious song because they need to get more eyeballs and sell singles. It gets especially jarring if you are marathoning the episodes.

Nov 18, 2023 12:12 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Vhailor
@gladiatorstv And then they ruin all of that with that obnoxious J-pop vocaloid opening song that completely destroys the atmosphere and tone of the show. They could have gone with the Mushishi or Aria route by using a song that goes well with the overall tone of the anime, but instead went with some loud obnoxious song because they need to get more eyeballs and sell singles. It gets especially jarring if you are marathoning the episodes.

@Vhailor Yes the intro song doesn't match the theme and rest of show all most like the tried to copy Jujutsu Kaisen like flashy opening instead of a much more calm one like Mushoko Tensei which would have worked fit the show better and elevated it to much better heights.
Nov 18, 2023 12:21 AM

Nov 2021
Lovely chill episode, can't get enough of Fern/Stark interactions
Nov 18, 2023 12:50 AM
Aug 2022
another great episode~
can't wait for the next big arc about "chuunin exam" and meeting with...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
11 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.