Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2023 10:48 AM
Nov 2021
So it was actually Aqua behind the pieyon mask... Kana is the best girl. So s1 gonna end in a concert. Can't wait for the finale
Jun 21, 2023 10:49 AM
Feb 2023
The part between Kana and Ruby was so beautiful.
Jun 21, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2018
Aquayon doesn't disappoint! Can't wait to see the performance :D
Jun 21, 2023 10:53 AM
Sep 2021
It's been a while since I've seen a series where I've so consistently said to myself 'Why is the end theme starting? It's only been 5 minutes.'
Jun 21, 2023 10:59 AM

Oct 2021
This is such a wonderful episode! 😁 "The calm before the storm", they say. Can't wait to watch this episode at home; so, I watched it during my lunch hour while at work. Anywho, fabulous episode. Did not expect Ruby's first love was the good doctor (Dr. Gorō Amamiya). There are so many surprises in this episode! 😆 It never fails to astound me what the creators are still coming up with this series. Animation-wise, the twilight colors of the scenes in the end when Ruby was encouraging Kana is so vibrant! Aqua imitating Pieyon's voice is hilarious, but that was such a sweet moment they had in the balcony. 😍 We need more Oshi no Ko goodness. I am sad that it's the final episode next week, but I am certain we'll get a Season 2.
marquinti2Jun 21, 2023 11:03 AM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 21, 2023 10:59 AM
May 2023
can't of only been me to expect kana to have those star eyes right ??
Jun 21, 2023 11:02 AM

Oct 2021
Ckea said:
Kana is best girl and this episode just cements it for me. She is just so precious!!!

Also Kana falling for Pieyon so that she can forget Aqua, reminded me of Suguha falling for Kirito to forget Kazuto. Glad Kana found out the truth quickly, before things got worse xD

20230621 181758 by CamKoudo

I do wonder tho, whether Ruby and Aqua will ever find out about each other's true identities and how Ruby especially would handle it...

We are all waiting for that day to come. If you know, you know. ☺️

Marianne

Jun 21, 2023 11:04 AM
Feb 2023
Only positive from this episode: Kana. The episode wasn’t good. It was okay though. The last few episodes have been showing the biggest problem with Oshi no Ko. It has okayish build up episodes but masterful events.

Still this is a very solid series and with only one episode left which I know where they will leave it with. The twist is going to be cool but unfortunately we have one arc after this and the story writing is going to take a nose dive.
Jun 21, 2023 11:10 AM

Dec 2018
Kind of a slow episode but really good nonetheless. I figured it was Aqua in there but really just that falsetto voice was hilarious.
Jun 21, 2023 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
Well it came as no surprise to see that Aqua was disguising himself as Pieyon lol. He really is a great actor. 

Kana has grown on me over the course of the show and this episode did a great job of fleshing her out more. We saw some of her insecurities and how she acts the way she does to mask them, but now she seems more confident in herself. She definitely has what it takes to be a great center and to lead the reformed B Komachi to success with this performance. The finale is going to be very exciting. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 21, 2023 11:11 AM
Dec 2022
Halqifibrax said:
This is the first step for B Komachi to shine. Also 1 more episode to end :(

IKR IM SO SAD, i hope there will be a 2nd season airing soon aswell!!
Jun 21, 2023 11:14 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It just occurred to me this episode that this show got lots of people to watch an idol anime that typically wouldn’t lol, this episode had a lot of similar beats I’ve seen in Love Live and other shows like it, it’s a great thing lol. The best part of this episode was definitely Kana tho, I’ve been really enjoying her character growth and I’m sure it’s gonna all pay off during their performance.

And Aqua being Pieyon I didn’t see coming until he started talking with Kana on the balcony, and the reaction to finding out it was him was hilarious lol, the lack of words made it better. But now we have just one episode left of this, and it’s gonna end with their first performance on stage as I thought it might, I’m sure they’re gonna rock socks off but the anticipation is definitely there, now what are the chances we can get a Scarlet>Fire cover lol. But man it’s been a really good show, it’s a bit upsetting its popularity overshadowed some amazing shows this season but it’s been a great watch nonetheless.
Jun 21, 2023 11:21 AM

May 2021
my goated edgelord aqua strikes again! but as piyeon. the actual piyeon could very well be kazeno from kaguya sama but it ain't confirmed so we can keep that aside. 

the window scene with kana and ruby was so Shaft-esque istg, loved it.
Jun 21, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
These chapters and this episode is what pushed me to Arima Kana’s side. Her personality is something I resonate with so closely and honestly made me think about my self doubt, even at my age. My wife subtly reminded me at the end of the episode (she’s not a manga reader) that parts of Arima’s personality feels to her as if I wrote them from my experiences.

I recognize the closing episodes of this season may not be to everyone’s liking, but they have been great world building for me personally. I enjoy every aspect of Oshi no Ko and I am sad this season is coming to a close. Here’s to hoping for an announcement next Wednesday post episode of a 2nd season in production
Jun 21, 2023 11:24 AM
Jul 2020
Kanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jun 21, 2023 11:28 AM
Apr 2023
Kana es la verdadera protagonista
Jun 21, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
Sure, the episode was brilliant, as usual, but you have to admire the fun somebody had coming up with all the other idol group names in that program. "God doesn't throw in the towel" and "Children who cry for the moon" sound  a bit too artsy for me. I would spend my time listening to "Time is Bunny", thank you very much. 
Jun 21, 2023 11:45 AM
Mar 2017
It's really sad that this series has only one episode left. I hope that next week after the broadcast of the last episode, you will immediately receive news of the second season
Jun 21, 2023 11:53 AM
Nov 2019
Trying to imagine Aqua inside that mask making that voice is never not gonna be funny. Also hearing Ruby talk about the doctor gave me a feeling of dread.
Jun 21, 2023 11:53 AM

Jul 2012
lyrokn said:
Who is that censored name in the episode?
Same question, anyone knows? 
Jun 21, 2023 11:57 AM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Jun 21, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2014
“I’m a rookie. Rookie idol Arima Kana..."

I consider this moment, if not by far, one of the most beautiful of Kana in S1, but without a doubt one more is missing, becoming a Star for him! WOW! Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps, the Internet will explode..

And,  When Ruby remembered Gorou-sensei so fondly, I said to myself... do you still remember him...? 

And Ruby answered me: Always... 

My reaction: 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 21, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2023
Halqifibrax said:
This is the first step for B Komachi to shine. Also 1 more episode to end :(

don't worry, there will be the second season😝👍
Jun 21, 2023 12:14 PM
Jan 2022
2wwwwwwwwwrjhhlgkbvfjkvfhjdfkkngjkhfjknbhkjg
Kalina682Jun 21, 2023 12:20 PM
Jun 21, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2023
The veteran becoming a rookie is such a powerful moment! That musical score that runs at the end before the ED sounds awesome every time.

sayu-simp said:
can't of only been me to expect kana to have those star eyes right ??

I was worried for a moment. Thankfully it's not contagious.

marquinti2 said:
Did not expect Ruby's first love was the good doctor

Me neither! She said sensei out loud so I was waiting for Arima Kana to worry that she fell in love with someone older than her. Maybe she didn't catch that part.

Zaxphred said:
i didnt expect aqua to be pieyon

Jun 21, 2023 12:15 PM
Mar 2021
The overbearing self doubt is starting to get old but still Arima best gril. hope they move on from it or she'll be worst quickly
Jun 21, 2023 12:18 PM
Nov 2014
Kana seems to be a much more complex character than others, very likable and endearing
Jun 21, 2023 12:18 PM

Oct 2022
Aqua's methods of manipulating getting more intense.. most interesting part of this episode. With the B Komachi revival, this definitely just felt like a buildup episode for the finale, but I'm excited to see how the performance goes!
Jun 21, 2023 12:21 PM
Jun 2019
This must be the first okish episode of oshi no ko I'm not trying to say it was bad how-so-every but I'm instead trying to say that it was soo good for soo many episodes it's sad that the next episode is gonna be the final one but I'm surely gonna miss this anime. Can't wait for the final episode!!!
Jun 21, 2023 12:24 PM
Sep 2020
I think what this series does well is getting you to care for the characters. So when the characters are working slowly towards their goals, you stay engaged. This series doesn't waste time, and uses every second efficiently.
Jun 21, 2023 12:27 PM

Oct 2021
Nick123asdf said:
Kana seems to be a much more complex character than others, very likable and endearing

Feels like Kana is more akin to becoming the star of the show / idol concert instead of Ruby. Oh well. We get what we get. ☺️

Marianne

Jun 21, 2023 12:32 PM
May 2020
the pressure was getting worsa
Jun 21, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Such a nice episode. Sad to think there's only one left. Spring season has been wonderful.
Jun 21, 2023 12:49 PM

May 2023
Kana X Ruby just dropped. Move tf over, Aqua.
Jun 21, 2023 1:11 PM

Jan 2020
Embient said:
The new B-Komachi was in the OP the whole time btw
Eyy they're using the insert songs from episode 1! They are all on the official YT channel btw: https://youtu.be/A9ZC_917IvU
Holup, is that really Aqua...? No way.
So one of the reasons Ruby is doing this is to find Gorou... And she named the group B-komachi so he can recognize and find it... But now he's her brother... awkward
That's actually him damn! It was nice to hear Pieyon's natural voice too.
Poor Kana man, but Ruby's here to say the right thing and cheer her up! I really loved how this episode was focused on her, Kana's such a good character
Last episode next week with new new B-Komachi performance! Really excited but also sad
" The new B-Komachi was in the OP the whole time btw" What do you mean by that? 
Jun 21, 2023 1:16 PM

Dec 2018
It's Kana focus episode, and now we know why she's like that... Poor girl...
Pretty sure Kana and Ruby already meet Piyon bulk body...... And they both just believe the slim body piyon is the real one just because of the voice....

Actually, I didn't realize he's actually the fake one until MEM's talking about he look slim in the real life topic... and then Ruby said his body look exactly like Aqua.... Bingo~ He is Aqua........

Ruby first love is the 'doctor'?! Well, isn't Doctor also mention before that his first 'love' is his 12 years old girl patient also.... Some disturbing... love... 
Even Aqua himself is a little siscon and in 'Love' with his own 'mom' 
It's actually sad to know that Ruby is still not know that the Doctor is already dead too.......
Come to think of it, Ruby is actually older than Kana.... She's just reborn 1 year younger than her. 

Next week is the last episode.... Komachi B new generation first concert! Can't wait for that. 

Jun 21, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2018
Ruby and Memcho are so cute and hot, they need more screen time than the loli-senpai who's always thinking about Aqua and depression.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 21, 2023 1:27 PM
May 2023
Kana is officially my favorite character and its not even close
Jun 21, 2023 1:30 PM

May 2015
Good episode, excited to see new B Komachi perform! 

I think if Ruby ever learns the real identity of Aqua, she'll change her perspective about her feelings. Crushes are usually like that, with the person you don't know well, maybe he was nice to her and she wasn't used to it, so of course as a little girl in her situation she'd feel affection. But now that she grew up alongside Aqua, got to know him personally, she will probably see him as a brother still. So far I didn't notice any hints of brother complex from her, or that her feelings 'transferred along' to the same person (even unknowingly so). I think this crush is more like a source of inspiration for her. 

Jun 21, 2023 1:35 PM
Jan 2015
more itntersting stuff
Jun 21, 2023 1:43 PM

Oct 2018
The anime managed to convey Kana's suffering miles better than the manga. This is truly an amazing adaptation. If they really keep this quality, next (final) episode is going to be the GOAT.
Also I like this parallel between Aqua and Ruby with Kana. Aqua encourages her in the acting world, and Ruby encourages her in the idol world.
_dwangoJun 21, 2023 1:48 PM
Mobages are consuming me alive
Jun 21, 2023 1:55 PM

Dec 2020
this show is awesooome
Jun 21, 2023 1:56 PM

Jan 2019
Finally an episode focused around best girl Kana. Girl really has gone through a lot but still trying to persevere in the ocean of talented people. Even if I stop caring about the mystery and Aqua's edginess, I'd still come back for Kana alone. She is a protagonist in her own right.

Here's hoping the final episode is a W for her. Girl deserves it.
Jun 21, 2023 1:57 PM

Oct 2021
Nikmomo93 said:
It's Kana focus episode, and now we know why she's like that... Poor girl...
Pretty sure Kana and Ruby already meet Piyon bulk body...... And they both just believe the slim body piyon is the real one just because of the voice....

Actually, I didn't realize he's actually the fake one until MEM's talking about he look slim in the real life topic... and then Ruby said his body look exactly like Aqua.... Bingo~ He is Aqua........

Ruby first love is the 'doctor'?! Well, isn't Doctor also mention before that his first 'love' is his 12 years old girl patient also.... Some disturbing... love... 
Even Aqua himself is a little siscon and in 'Love' with his own 'mom' 
It's actually sad to know that Ruby is still not know that the Doctor is already dead too.......
Come to think of it, Ruby is actually older than Kana.... She's just reborn 1 year younger than her. 

Next week is the last episode.... Komachi B new generation first concert! Can't wait for that. 

I agree with you when it comes to all these messed-up feelings. But, in anime, this is nothing new. With the surging popularity of Oshi no Ko, it's inevitable to see incest, wincest, etc. in fanarts between Aqua x Ai, Aqua x Ruby, Gorō x Ai, Sarina x Gorō, etc. But, this is the fandom we live in and we have to just go with the flow with whatever the author has in mind.

Marianne

Jun 21, 2023 2:00 PM
Jan 2023
kana needs to get out of the dumps as far as love interests go she is supreme but memcho kawaii too
Jun 21, 2023 2:04 PM
Dec 2022
"Oshi no ko" is peak
Jun 21, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2023
This episode took a left turn I never thought it would have
Jun 21, 2023 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
Kana was the main focus of this episode, which makes me happy as I like her a lot. It was interesting to see how she was struggling to deal with her conflicted thoughts about whether she, Ruby and Mem would be able to properly make a name for themselves as idols. She had a shock of her life when she found out that Aqua was wearing the Pieyon get-up, as the actual guy himself was on vacation, which shows just how well Aqua did to impersonate Pieyon to help Kana open up a bit.

It would need more than that to help convince Kana, as her short backstory montage showcased how much she suffered setback after setback during her child acting career, so it's understandable as to why she would be increasingly pessimistic about all of this. Ruby's words to her at the idol festival was spot on and was something that Kana needed to hear before taking her hand and lead her away, full of optimism and happiness. Kana is a rookie idol and, with Ruby and Mem-Cho backing her up, she'll do her best to make this group stand out above the tough idol festival competition.

Overall, this was a great episode, exploring more of Kana's backstory and how she's going to deal with the obstacles in her path. The visuals was also excellent in some scenes, which helped to bring out the impact that those scenes had even more. =)
Jun 21, 2023 2:08 PM

May 2016
does anyone know if in the manga they ever find out who they were in their past lives"?
Jun 21, 2023 2:14 PM
Aug 2022
Am I the only one who would've more loved to see Ruby in the Center? I never was the Big Kana Fan in this series, I was hoping that this is finally Ruby's time to shine as the daughter of Ai Hoshino, but no. :( (Didn't say the Episode was bad, I just said what I thought myself while watching it, hope you guys not hate me for that. :( )
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

45 by SCAREDgorilla »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.