Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 12, 2023 11:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That escalated quickly, dear lord.
May 12, 2023 11:44 PM

Oct 2019
ishinashi74 said:
threesome with aqua

Dude, wtf is wrong with you?
May 12, 2023 11:56 PM

Oct 2019
ishinashi74 said:
Yorrick said:

Dude, wtf is wrong with you?
coming with a guy with that favorites lol

Oh shit bro you're totally right I take everything back, my favorite anime invalidate anything I have to say.
May 13, 2023 12:06 AM

Feb 2016
Royalty459 said:
Loved this episode but I wish they'd get rid of the underlying/implied incestuous lines like Aqua being an Oedipus (mother complex) and Ruby liking her brother. Like why does every anime has to add this shit. This anime would be amazing without it and adding it just makes the characters worse imo
I 100% support you in that Aqua having a mother complex is out of place, and as someone wrongly told you, he understandably wants revenge for Ai, we all get that and feel the same way as him, but that doesn't have anything to do with he being "in love" with her.
In episode 1, before his death and reincarnation, he said he didn't loved Ai that way, he just really thought she was an amazing person for the way she did her job, he respected her a lot, but again, he wasn't in love with her. Yes, for a moment he did thought about dating her because of a question the nurse asked, but he just ignored it, and I mean that's a really normal reaction from his part, if it were a possibility then sure, but he didn't had that kind of feelings towards her so who cares, it was impossible anyways.
The fact he talked about Ai as being "his first love", and him literally having mental boners just thinking about being breastfeeded by Ai when he was just a baby really doesn't suit him one bit.

Now, about Ruby liking Aqua, that's a bit more complicated.
I think their relation as twins is executed really well, but you must consider that in their past live she did liked him, yeah yeah, I know, she was only 12y/o, had cancer and died, while he was his doctor and (of course) way older than her, but it's not that uncommon to see kids (at least in anime/manga stories) telling an adult they love him. Sarina (Ruby) literally said she wanted to marry him, and to that he, taking it as a joke, responsably said he would "consider" it when she was 16 (legal age in Japan). Since she sadly passed soon after that we never knew her true feelings, if it was "real love", but we did know she really did liked him, or his company at least, and one can assume he felt the same way.
I don't read the manga but it wouldn't be that weird if Aqua and Ruby find out who they were in their past lives and have a breakdown of emotions and complicated feelings because of it, maybe Ruby will really fall in love with him, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.
I'm not a fan of incest stories but I cannot deny that it would be some great and interesting drama. Still, I would like to say I doubt we will see anything like that in this plot, but considering how now, supposedly, Aqua was IN LOVE WITH HIS OWN MOTHER, I wouldn't bet on it.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 13, 2023 12:45 AM

May 2020
another amazing ep of oshi no ko this week
arima kana finally joined the agency 
the reaction of Arima and Ruby to aquas acting was hilarious 

May 13, 2023 1:17 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great episode and super hilarious especially when Kana and ruby started dancing
May 13, 2023 1:19 AM

Dec 2022
Pieyon was hilarious! And the reality show was so cringey lol.

May 13, 2023 1:35 AM
May 2021
got me hyped for idols. HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 13, 2023 1:37 AM
May 2021
Ep was so funny hahaa serotonin!!
May 13, 2023 1:46 AM
Oct 2009
Great episode, hope quality won't drop. The feaces Arima and Ruby make are so funny.
May 13, 2023 2:00 AM
May 2023
It was a very funny episode. I laughed a lot
May 13, 2023 2:15 AM
Apr 2023
aqua en el programa de citas modo que he hecho yo para merecer esto xd. El pollo me trauma
May 13, 2023 2:41 AM
Mar 2018
I am still going to be watching, don't get me wrong. But the status of this show being in the top was already falling from the number one spot. I guarantee it is going to plummet after every sees this episode.
May 13, 2023 2:48 AM

Jul 2022
epic episode like always, aqua being weird nice and senpai joining idol group yAy
May 13, 2023 3:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Kanna joined Ichigo Prod already while Aqua is doing some teenage reality TV show hm, some important characters seem to have been introduced, that youtuber chicken at the end was some trippy thing though lmao
May 13, 2023 3:22 AM

Dec 2022
honestly this anime is great especially the chicken dance
May 13, 2023 3:25 AM

Aug 2022
This was a hilarious episode. That YouTuber was so funny!
May 13, 2023 3:47 AM
Aug 2021
nice episode. pretty relaxing
May 13, 2023 4:23 AM
Nov 2018
Pityfool said:
Royalty459 said:
like Aqua being an Oedipus (mother complex)

Tell me you're insecure about making your point without using obscure, unnecessary terms. If you're gonna reach that hard, at least leave the parentheses out.

Mother died in his arms. Of course he wants to avenge her. 

You obviously didn't hear him talk about how he loved his mom and didn't know if it was romantic or not.
May 13, 2023 4:27 AM
Apr 2022
Y’all are not ready for next episode!!!! The next few episodes are about to show why this arc is the best arc in the first season
May 13, 2023 4:32 AM
Nov 2018
StallionXD said:
Royalty459 said:
Loved this episode but I wish they'd get rid of the underlying/implied incestuous lines like Aqua being an Oedipus (mother complex) and Ruby liking her brother. Like why does every anime has to add this shit. This anime would be amazing without it and adding it just makes the characters worse imo
I 100% support you in that Aqua having a mother complex is out of place, and as someone wrongly told you, he understandably wants revenge for Ai, we all get that and feel the same way as him, but that doesn't have anything to do with he being "in love" with her.
In episode 1, before his death and reincarnation, he said he didn't loved Ai that way, he just really thought she was an amazing person for the way she did her job, he respected her a lot, but again, he wasn't in love with her. Yes, for a moment he did thought about dating her because of a question the nurse asked, but he just ignored it, and I mean that's a really normal reaction from his part, if it were a possibility then sure, but he didn't had that kind of feelings towards her so who cares, it was impossible anyways.
The fact he talked about Ai as being "his first love", and him literally having mental boners just thinking about being breastfeeded by Ai when he was just a baby really doesn't suit him one bit.

I think their relation as twins is executed really well, but you must consider that in their past live she did liked him, yeah yeah, I know, she was only 12y/o, had cancer and died, while he was his doctor and (of course) way older than her, but it's not that uncommon to see kids (at least in anime/manga stories) telling an adult they love him. Sarina (Ruby) literally said she wanted to marry him, and to that he, taking it as a joke, responsably said he would "consider" it when she was 16 (legal age in Japan). Since she sadly passed soon after that we never knew her true feelings, if it was "real love", but we did know she really did liked him, or his company at least, and one can assume he felt the same way.
I don't read the manga but it wouldn't be that weird if Aqua and Ruby find out who they were in their past lives and have a breakdown of emotions and complicated feelings because of it, maybe Ruby will really fall in love with him, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.
I'm not a fan of incest stories but I cannot deny that it would be some great and interesting drama. Still, I would like to say I doubt we will see anything like that in this plot, but considering how now, supposedly, Aqua was IN LOVE WITH HIS OWN MOTHER, I wouldn't bet on it.

I honestly agree. I'm not even saying Aqua and Ruby's feelings or mindset isn't realistic to some extent because we know they're a lot of adults who simp for teenage idols, I just wish they wouldn't keep alluding to the fact that Aqua might have a mother complex. Like it was already weird in his past life because of the promise he made to Ruby before she was reincarnated. Like dude was attracted to only teenagers as a grown man lol.

Regarding him and Ruby, I've noticed that almost every anime that has siblings or cousins gotta add some weird stuff even if it's for jokes. Like I wasn't even concerned about Ruby getting mad at Aqua being on the show until their stepmother pointed out that she was jealous. This is why I wish we had another male character in the show so Ruby can have a love interest because I really hope this doesn't become a harem
May 13, 2023 4:42 AM
Apr 2016
Kana still best grill for me
May 13, 2023 4:51 AM
Sep 2022
I am totally hooked. Rich and textured storytelling. Little details they weave throughout the episodes feels authentic.
May 13, 2023 4:54 AM
Mar 2020
Aqua, I can almost believe likes Kana but he's just too slick with this words to be genuine.
May 13, 2023 5:00 AM

May 2021
finally, MAL is back. peak ep!!! thank you pieyon!!!

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 13, 2023 5:39 AM
Jun 2017
This episode was really cute and wholesome is all i can say
May 13, 2023 5:39 AM
May 2022
Big muscle chicken man was very strange... By the way, Strawberry Productions won 1 more person(Thanks to Aqua lol). :)
May 13, 2023 7:08 AM
Jan 2019
i loved this anime..very very fresh story and funny
May 13, 2023 7:40 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah, I figured Kana would be convinced by Aqua’s smoothness lol, and that means the new idol group has two members now, nice. And the dating show is already starting, I figured it would go in depth on explaining how reality shows work and while I’m not sure if it was accurate, I was surprised to see there’s no script, it might not be true for every reality show but I’m gonna guess it’s probably true for a lot of them.

And the dating show definitely has an interesting cast, I’m willing to bet the girl that Ruby picked for Aqua will end up being the worst girl and the other two will be great, I got my eye on Akane because I’m a sucker for blue waifus lol, and the youtuber girl seems fun too, a bit reminiscent of Iono from Pokémon.

And I’m ngl, I wasn’t a big fan of the Pieyon bit, his voice kinda grated my ears and I never found muscles to equal funny, but the dance was silly and well animated with some great reactions by the girls, and we got the reveal that Ruby wants to name the group after Ai’s group, B Komachi, which is surprising and I’m not sure if that’s a good move, but it’ll most certainly get them attention, probably both good and bad.
May 13, 2023 8:00 AM

Jul 2021
Kana has a lot of potential to be an actress, even though she may need to go further beyond the elements other than the fundamentals. Becoming an idol, on the other hand, will make or break her career path. But she'll eventually know where she's coming from this whole decision. AQUA GOT THE RIZZ IN THE BAG FR FR 😭🔥 But he's doing this on purpose just to help his "precious" Ruby into getting this whole Strawberry Production packed up.. Moreover, an introduction to the dating show! Well there are 3 characters that are pretty relevant in this arc which is one of the best part of this adaptation that really entails the entertainment industry (Yuki doesn’t really have that much relevancy on the later arcs though). LMAOOOO the  expressions Ruby and Kana are making. Not gonna lie though I would probably go by their reaction if someone ever offers me something, all for just interfering my career with something else in their support, but we'll wait and see how the Strawberry Production goes!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 13, 2023 8:05 AM
Mar 2020
really rooting for Aqua's career/mission!
May 13, 2023 8:09 AM
Jul 2021
silversaint said:
as someone who does fitness, gotta say those exercises they were doing were weak. also im wondering if someone at some point is going to ask "hey that girl who is part of a group called B Komachi has the same weird Ai eyes, could she be related?"

those eyes aren’t actually real in the story, they just seem like some kind of weird symbolism
May 13, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
That piyon dance was pog worthy and top tier. Damn Seeing them collapse like dat was hawt asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 13, 2023 9:16 AM
May 2023
MINDBLOWINGGGG!!!!!
May 13, 2023 9:19 AM
Feb 2022
awesome its just awesome
May 13, 2023 9:40 AM
Nov 2022
love ruby and kana's momments
May 13, 2023 9:56 AM
Feb 2023
olokinprime said:
Aqua, I can almost believe likes Kana but he's just too slick with this words to be genuine.

Yeah… He doesn’t love Kana.
May 13, 2023 9:58 AM
Feb 2023
fushigurokun said:
MINDBLOWINGGGG!!!!!

And we are back with fake accounts again…

Liilvi said:
love ruby and kana's momments

This one as well is fake.

Like guys, we just came back from lockdown but still doing this?
May 13, 2023 10:40 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao the muscle guy brought me back to watching "how many dumbbells." That shit was hilarious.
May 13, 2023 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
Royalty459 said:
StallionXD said:

I honestly agree. I'm not even saying Aqua and Ruby's feelings or mindset isn't realistic to some extent because we know they're a lot of adults who simp for teenage idols, I just wish they wouldn't keep alluding to the fact that Aqua might have a mother complex. Like it was already weird in his past life because of the promise he made to Ruby before she was reincarnated. Like dude was attracted to only teenagers as a grown man lol.

Regarding him and Ruby, I've noticed that almost every anime that has siblings or cousins gotta add some weird stuff even if it's for jokes. Like I wasn't even concerned about Ruby getting mad at Aqua being on the show until their stepmother pointed out that she was jealous. This is why I wish we had another male character in the show so Ruby can have a love interest because I really hope this doesn't become a harem

I guess some people are just incapable of watching a series with mature themes without getting irritated by it. It's honestly, not even that weird given the context. Not like he asked to be born as Ai's son, it just happened, and it's not like you should expect his feeling toward her to change just because of that. It's why he not once ever called her his mom. He doesn't have a mother complex, he has an Ai complex.

Plus, the series makes it pretty clear that he doesn't even necessarily consider it romantic love. Which they have alluded to many times within the series. Likely his feelings toward Ai are more like strong admiration, and came about as a coping mechanism to deal with Serina's death, which given how she spent her time in the hospital most of her life... he was probably with her for quite some time. And based on the flash back during his death it seems like he doesn't have any family. It showed a picture of what might have been his mom or grandmother and the only reason I can think they would show that is because she is dead and was his only relative left or only one he was close to. So, in a way Serina probably was like family to him.

Now in regards to Ruby, I highly doubt she has any romantic feelings toward Aqua as of this moment (that could change if she finds out who he is). Plus, I don't even think Miyako was hinting at that Ruby was jealous in a romantic way. I think that's just you reading too much into what she was saying because you want to find something to complain about. Ruby was more mad because it's her brother and he was behaving very different than what she is used to. So in a way it can come off as if he only behaves that way when she is not around, which would likely irritate any sibling. Whereas Kana probably was more along the lines of feeling jealousy.

Last but not least, the show never once suggests he was attracted to only teenagers. I would even argue his response to Serina was to give her some form of goal or hope to live and wasn't necessarily meant as something he was actually going to consider doing. As for him not being able to answer the nurse's question, it's because he was obsessed with AI. Would any fan say no? I doubt it. They either would say yes, or they wouldn't answer. It be different if it was illegal in Japan, then it would be an instant no because that's how society is.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 13, 2023 11:12 AM
Nov 2018
This show just feels like so much fun. It feels like the animators are giving it the extra bump in the background. 
May 13, 2023 11:25 AM
Nov 2021
Second-Third fav episode, Ruby and Kana are such great friends/bestie
Well loved Aqua in that "finding someone you love" drama, it's quite intresting ngl
May 13, 2023 11:27 AM

Aug 2017
I'm so glad that Ruby and Arima are getting along with each other well.
It was hilarious to see them react to Aqua acting in a reality dating show.

And the youtuber bit with Pieyon gave me Onegai muscle vibes hahaha!
Love to see Ruby and Arima collaborating with Pieyon. This will definitely give them some online presence for thei B Komachi group.

May 13, 2023 12:16 PM

May 2021
Work for your goals, literally.

May 13, 2023 12:42 PM

Jun 2021
Next episode with Aqua and Akane will be awesome
May 13, 2023 12:59 PM

Dec 2018
B-komachi? Well... Kana joining Strawberry company because of Aqua... Aqua looks like knowing Kana personality but does he actually know that Kana looks like having a love feeling toward him?
Another characters introduced... Mem-cho character design is so interesting...

May 13, 2023 1:33 PM
Nov 2018
MarchinBunny said:
Royalty459 said:

I guess some people are just incapable of watching a series with mature themes without getting irritated by it. It's honestly, not even that weird given the context. Not like he asked to be born as Ai's son, it just happened, and it's not like you should expect his feeling toward her to change just because of that. It's why he not once ever called her his mom. He doesn't have a mother complex, he has an Ai complex.

Plus, the series makes it pretty clear that he doesn't even necessarily consider it romantic love. Which they have alluded to many times within the series. Likely his feelings toward Ai are more like strong admiration, and came about as a coping mechanism to deal with Serina's death, which given how she spent her time in the hospital most of her life... he was probably with her for quite some time. And based on the flash back during his death it seems like he doesn't have any family. It showed a picture of what might have been his mom or grandmother and the only reason I can think they would show that is because she is dead and was his only relative left or only one he was close to. So, in a way Serina probably was like family to him.

Now in regards to Ruby, I highly doubt she has any romantic feelings toward Aqua as of this moment (that could change if she finds out who he is). Plus, I don't even think Miyako was hinting at that Ruby was jealous in a romantic way. I think that's just you reading too much into what she was saying because you want to find something to complain about. Ruby was more mad because it's her brother and he was behaving very different than what she is used to. So in a way it can come off as if he only behaves that way when she is not around, which would likely irritate any sibling. Whereas Kana probably was more along the lines of feeling jealousy.

Last but not least, the show never once suggests he was attracted to only teenagers. I would even argue his response to Serina was to give her some form of goal or hope to live and wasn't necessarily meant as something he was actually going to consider doing. As for him not being able to answer the nurse's question, it's because he was obsessed with AI. Would any fan say no? I doubt it. They either would say yes, or they wouldn't answer. It be different if it was illegal in Japan, then it would be an instant no because that's how society is.

I don't think anyone said they didn't enjoy the show. Just because we like something doesn't mean we can't critique or have some issues with it. You're trying really hard to justify this when it's commonly known that incest and age gap relationships are very common in anime. Also, Aqua literally said he doesn't know if his love for Ai is romantic or not implying he doesn't know why. Secondly, I'm not saying he's ONLY attracted to teenagers but so far, we've only seen him show any affection towards them and I'm predicting he's going to fall for the redhead girl. You can try to justify or defend my problems but it's not going to change how I feel. I can critique the anime and still love it overall
May 13, 2023 2:22 PM

Jul 2016
Second season of Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? is looking kinda weird, not gonna lie.
May 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Feb 2008
Royalty459 said:
MarchinBunny said:

I don't think anyone said they didn't enjoy the show. Just because we like something doesn't mean we can't critique or have some issues with it. You're trying really hard to justify this when it's commonly known that incest and age gap relationships are very common in anime. Also, Aqua literally said he doesn't know if his love for Ai is romantic or not implying he doesn't know why. Secondly, I'm not saying he's ONLY attracted to teenagers but so far, we've only seen him show any affection towards them and I'm predicting he's going to fall for the redhead girl. You can try to justify or defend my problems but it's not going to change how I feel. I can critique the anime and still love it overall

Didn't really say anything about whether or not you enjoyed the show. 

In terms of critiquing, it comes off more like you just want to complain at any hint of their being incest or age gaps within relationships even when that hint is honestly quite a stretch and just comes off like you are looking for it, and seeing it where it doesn't exist. Or you are not understanding the context of it all. And whether or not it's common in anime doesn't mean it's occurring here. And even if it was, as you said... it common. So why would you complain about it? That would be like me complaining about any hint of fan service. The heck are you watching anime if it bothers you? Just get over it already. XD
Now as for what Aqua says. Ya, he isn't really sure it was romantic love. And? That doesn't imply it was romantic love. The only thing it means is, he isn't sure. Which to be frank, is more honest than most people would be in such a situation.

I don't mind critiques, but I think your arguments have been pretty unsubstantiated, and you are blowing it way out of proportion. None of what he has shown to anyone comes off as romantic in nature. Also, affection isn't always someone trying to get romantic. I would even argue his actions and inner thoughts are a pretty good indication that it isn't romantic love.

Now as for me, I can't see him getting in a romantic relationship with anyone any time soon. Certainly not with the way he currently is. If he moves past the death of Ai, then maybe. But let's say it does occur, this is personally where I give in a bit. Cause when would it be ok for him to date anyone? There is always going to be an age gap. I think the obvious answer would be to not be Rudy from Mushoku Tensei lmao. Beyond that at least wait till it's legal. In this case 16 - 18 depending on where you live. How else would you go about this as someone who has been reincarnated? If you don't consider that moral, then when would it become moral and why? Any number you choose to me just would seem arbitrary. 

Now in terms of incest, personally I don't care. If two consenting adults who happen to be related with one another wanna date and they understand the complications that can occur in regards to procreation by doing so, and so they don't have kids. I don't at that point care. Would I think it's weird? Sure, it probably even pretty darn awkward the moment I find out. But you know what, it's not like it really matters. Nothing bad is going to happen. The world isn't going to implode.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 13, 2023 2:49 PM
Apr 2023
Another great episode! Loved it very much
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

469 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.