Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 27, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2013
How is Carly going to get to the next wall on foot without running into some titans on the way and dying? O_____o Hm.
Jan 2, 2019 5:59 PM

May 2018
Annie is a beast...literally and figuratively!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Feb 7, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2018
Does anyone know where I can find this subbed to watch? I really enjoyed the first episode and I'd like to continue.
Feb 8, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2016
Imagine having a big beautiful nose like Annie's and having to deal with the smell of stinky drunkards, corpses, alcohol, and smoke all day for the past few days. The poor girl just wants to have a pleasant-smelling life for once.

Annie being a boss and committing herself to her biggest mission no matter how shadily she deals with the current situations at hand even at the cost of letting a notorious drug lord go free was nice to watch. Seeing her transform her arm into Titan form to destroy the carriage that's transporting her looked great.

What was supposed to be a simple search and rescue mission turned full circle and showed that both the client and the target's responsible for a lot of the mess the dark parts of the Stohess District's dealing with right now. I was actually quite surprised that Lou the Hothead's a red herring. Carly's a fairly friendly lady so it'd be a shame if she gets eaten on the way, hm.

Feb 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
whilst i dont like annies actions and goal, i can admit she's a badass
Mar 2, 2019 5:58 AM
Apr 2018
God, the subs were awful. I did get how the story went however, Wald's final speech was so hard to understand. Why did he suddenly remind the attack of the first titan?

Aside from that, it was a nice special. Perfect until the second part of AoT is aired.
Aug 19, 2019 8:12 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, Kotomine's voice actor is here lol.

Finally, the mystery is resolved. Carly is a fairly friendly girl lol.

It was interesting to watch but it wasn't something too memorable either.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 16, 2019 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
That was a good wrap up.

I think Annie helped Carly and her father cover up everything, because she saw herself and her father's situation in them, hence the flashbacks.

So that's how she went to kidnap Eren!

These last episodes were masterfully done, really impressed how they managed to coin such story a great story mystery with two episodes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 4, 2020 10:16 PM

Aug 2018
I'll take any episode about Annie
Her kicking some ass is always great to watch.
She's very smart and diligent thats why i like her even shes one of the antagonist.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 22, 2020 4:38 PM

Mar 2020
Should've used the sharingan before getting shot
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 9, 2020 5:51 AM

Oct 2019
And so the investigation comes to an end..quite a good episode overall..

She actually solved the case but fabricated the whole thing so as to avoid further hassle which might impede her mission the next day..

Great to see Annie kick some ass though and to get to know some more hints of her past..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Aug 26, 2020 7:35 PM

Feb 2019
love Annie's story so much, poor girl having to carry out her mission like this to return home
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 19, 2020 4:36 PM

May 2017
meh feels like unnecessary filler. hoping the 3rd episode is better
Dec 1, 2020 4:02 AM
Oct 2019
So I guess her father didn't really want her to leave huh... Interesting

Hopefully we will find out how and why in the final season, about a week from today...
Dec 12, 2020 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Nice arc, really enjoyed this story of Annie.

I hope that we learn more about her past in the future.
Jan 24, 2021 11:19 AM
Nov 2018
Fuck Carly Stratmann is so hot. I wish she was a character in the main series
Feb 11, 2021 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
This side story provides a refreshing insight into Annie & certainly humanizes her a bit more considering her identity as the female titan. Getting to look back like this while the Final Season airs is helping to take the edge off the wait.
Nov 1, 2021 9:53 AM
Nov 2020
So obviously, Annie's doing all of this for her father. For that promise. I find it sad she never got to keep it since she's crystallized at the moment. It makes sense now why we saw her crying twice back in S1. With each failure to capture Eren, it meant the less chance of ever returning to her father again.
Nov 6, 2021 9:40 PM

Jun 2020
This was an interesting take on Annie's point of view in the story seems like her intuition isn't bad as I thought she would be and finally solved this case good OVA all in all. oh nice
Dec 29, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2021
it was fucking sad to watch annie kick her father like that and after that when he came back from the doc, he just pat her head and said how strong she has become and she has to become even more stronger now.

did she almost turn into a fucking titan in the middle of the city, what was she thinking, glad there was only titan arm. how did the others didn't see it was a titan's hand. how did she not die by the bullet wound lmao, i believe it was directly on her heart and also that red eye dude.

it was nice to see annie put the cigar in the red eye guy's mouth

so this was the day before annie's mission. it was nice to watch. 8/10

should watch 3rd episode after halfway through season 3, that's what the guide i'm following says.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Fucking him up.
Dat voice. Nakata!
Dat eye.
Dat ring.
Dat transformation.
Dat shot!
Lou killed them.
Bang!
Carly.
Carly got nice oppai.
Carly got a ticket.
Kemper's body gets thrown in the drink.
Carly.
Kyojin.
Dat ending.

Carly could have been a waifu.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 11, 2022 6:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Pretty simple detective case featuring Annie, day before the season 1 event. Its obvious this is a parallel of her relationship with her father. I can understand a bit of why she did that shit. Family matter always be the number one. But, damn, never expect those two also involved with Annie mission. Now i understand a bit why Reiner not death there. Acting. Right? About the case, well, that's it. No lost girl, just a usual underground business, and as expected too, Annie clear it underhanded. Not to expect her father to do the dirty work too, tho. No wonder Carly was done that smuggling job too. Interesting ova.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 2022 10:21 PM

Dec 2020
liked that a lottt. she ended it with faking a report to not make it hard for herself. interesting that even in wall sina, the most protected area and where wealthy people reside, shit like that still happens.
Jan 30, 2022 1:54 AM

Dec 2009
Decent original story from the source visual novel of Seko.
Although, as entertaining as it is in regard to the action and seeing Annie do detective work, I think this whole scenario is extremely implausible.

As kind as she is deep down, I doubt she would have accepted this request from Hitch a day before the plan to capture Eren.
I don't believe she would have been caught by Wald and Lou, and especially expose her titan arm to save herself from them.
She's much smarter than to be foolish and risky like she is in this story.

I do think she may have helped Stratmann by not bringing him into prison for her sake of not having issues from the corpse, but overall I don't believe this scenario to be realistic to her character.
A father and daughter secretly making drugs with Annie as a detective was decent though. The inclusion of Annie's past again from the manga in this visual novel adaption was entertaining too. Not bad. 5/10.
waalex11Jan 30, 2022 1:59 AM
Jun 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Jul 2019
I waited years upon years for an English dub release of these OVA's and now they're here. Dub was peak as usual.
Aug 11, 2022 2:17 PM
Jun 2013
Annie should be the main character.
Aug 14, 2022 11:55 AM
May 2022
I knew that Annie was full of secrets! But not to this extent! 😁
Mar 18, 2023 1:22 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah that was alright. Most interesting part to me honestly was just Annie getting shot. Titan shifters seem to basically immortal until eaten themselves. I'm glad we got more of Annie. Now in the 3rd episode, it looks like we get more of Mikasa.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 29, 2023 6:31 AM

Sep 2019
Ah, I misunderstood, it turns out that Annie was not afraid, but because the old neighbor was about to run over. Ok Annie is still great.
Annie's way of thinking about the circumstances has developed this character so well, why doesn't Mikasa have similar scenes? We'll get a chance to get to know the corners of Mikasa's soul, what a pity.
About the flashback: She was just a child. I completely understand Annie's actions. If anyone disagrees, compare with Eren's parents, you'll see that Eren's impatience is too absurd, it just shows that Eren is the main character of a shounen anime, hence he must be like that. That's why I think Eren's personality growth is irrational. If you compare this to Annie, look, she's completely connected to the viewers, we get to know her emotional layers.
And one more thing that proves my empathy for Ann. I also went through something similar.
I'm guessing there's an organization behind the titans disaster, and they're using the kids for their plan to wipe out humanity. Annie is a victim in this terrifying current.
Damn the atmosphere of a detective show... This OVA is a gift.
The attraction here is the combination of action - super power - detective. Wow.
Mikasa probably needs to experience a near-death experience like Annie's at least once.
The damn guy in the red shirt must have escaped from the mental institution.
I sympathize with the red-eyed man's story, but he seems to be talking too much.
I feel like Carly's story is more appropriate for the modern day, when Carly shows up, things don't seem so surprising anymore.
Oh I was wrong. C'mon Annie! Inference time.
Two pictures. One picture is season 1 ep 16-25, the other picture is here. I feel the first picture is like a kid, and this picture is a mature person. These two pictures merge into one.
Everyone, remember the moments when the female titan appeared and killed hundreds of people in survey corps, does anyone know what the thoughts were in Annie's mind at that time? If I were her, I would be blown away by those burdens.
Hope Carly doesn't get eaten by a titan.
Annie flashbacks are so touching this time, I'm about to cry.
So Hitch is really nice, even though she's a bit sly.
The perfect circle ending to Annie's story. Again I want to say: This ED should be the official ED of AOT. I want to listen to it for a whole season.
Apr 30, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2010
Ah, so that's the reason why she was "scared." It's all about the annoying complications that may interfere with her plan of capturing Eren.
That is an interesting conclusion to the mystery. It was simpler than I thought it would be. Anyway, Kemper is stupid. He probably deserved to die for being too greedy. If I were him, I wouldn't mind starting over and living a peaceful life with someone as pretty as Carly.
May 9, 2023 1:35 AM
Jan 2023
oks it was oks haha
Oct 7, 2023 12:52 PM
Apr 2022
I was nice while it lasted
Oct 26, 2023 7:43 PM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Very good episode, I liked Annie as a detective and that they show us more of her past. I was surprised that he transformed into a Titan and was shot. Poor Kemper, he can't even trust his subjects.

Muy buen episodio, me gusto Annie como una detective y que nos muestren mas de su pasado. Me sorprendio que se transformara en Titan y que le dispararan, pobre Kemper ni en los subditos se puede confiar
Dec 30, 2023 3:19 AM

Jul 2021
Ive always loved when Annie is on screen. She's such a wonderful character and a character i feel i relate to.

Mar 11, 8:08 PM
Jul 2023
Better than the last one, but still not heaps of purpose of the episode. I feel like I learned nothing new about Annie, the world, etc. I feel like this was just for the sake of putting something out. I wasn’t expecting her to use her Titan powers all the way back then, imagine she got caught lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sunako199 - Aug 12, 2018

106 by Uchu_no_Kokyu »»
May 31, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tsarko - Dec 16, 2017

103 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 8:02 PM

» Where can I watch this?

Cypress- - Dec 11, 2017

29 by Cypress- »»
Apr 12, 2022 5:12 PM

» 1 chapter not animated?

vong10 - Aug 13, 2018

1 by Apelix »»
Jun 7, 2019 7:09 AM

» Any news on the Mikasa OVA?

Akie - Aug 9, 2018

9 by Akie »»
Aug 13, 2018 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.