Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Jagd84 said:

This is were wrong because we have gotten characterization and establish of her. Every scene she has revealed a little about her disposition, background and even her relationship with Puck. Just because show isn't shoving everything about her in your face 24/7 does not mean it is there. Emilia like Saabru (who also haven't been given a backstory) get gradually fleshed out because they are in every arc.

But subaru IS getting gradually fleshed out. EMilia is not.

She was introduced and literally every single scene of her's in Arc2 is "aww isn't she so cute nice flustered and kind!!?!?!"

Subaru is getting depth and complexity of character. Rem and Ram became best girls. Emilia is kind of stagnating on "nice girl reward for MC'" sexist stereotype

Hmm... Maybe you don't realize that Roswaal, Emilia, Beatrice etc... have their own life. They've their own worries and can't be serving/giving attention to Subaru all the time. It's the role they're playing. And if they can't, then how Subaru [as the key] will make them open themselves more to him, thus revealing more of them? Why aren't you complaining about Roswaal not being 'fleshed out' and only focusing on Emilia? And what about Beatrice? Maybe I could agree if not by the mess Subaru's having to deal with. There's just no space for more. And like @Fappa said, she isn't simple. Emphasis on more, then.
Jun 12, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
iRels said:
Vooo said:

Oh King of Generalizations, I apologize for my opinion of this anime thus far. I've only pointed out the obvious validated by the MC. Beauty? You really have to break down the beauty for me since I do not see any other than something generic forced down the viewer over 5+ episodes. Yes, Rem and Ram are going to be important characters apparently more important than Emelia because I have already forgotten about her.

Can you provide some constructive feedback worth discussing or idiotic attacks on opinions?

Oh you tell that i was being idiotic? Hah. The MC sees them like that because he's idiotic. You then share his view. (I'm still waiting for his apology to the twins for the insults he made in previous episodes.)
(Subaru lacks etiquette.)

The hipocrisy.

"constructive feedback"

"I'm probably the only one getting completely sick and tired of the focus on Rem and Ram. It is quite boring and redundant on par with what "filler" content would contain.

It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest.

This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year."

What part of that is constructive? ... So you're sick and tired? Of it focusing on them? Because you think it's wrong to? Good. 'Redundant'? So it's unneeded? Because you think little of them? Ah, I see.

"It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest." Look who's generalizing, saying that they 'cater to' those types of people, only.

"This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year." Cringes Someone's feeling arrogant. I'll give you an advice: Read the source, before wanting your opinions to be given a chance of being considered to be above 'inferior'. Do it. Because you don't appear competent enough with what the show's given you until now. (No offense intended.)

There is no hope for your passive aggressiveness. Your whole rant of a response is loaded with fallacies, not even addressing my comments but me as a person. Trying to reason with you is like trying to have an intellectual conversation with Donald trump.

At least the previous person who responded to my comment had a positive and constructive response. You my friend need help.
Jun 12, 2016 4:00 PM

Jun 2016
Chapter incredible as always
Jun 12, 2016 4:05 PM

May 2013
Everything was calm for the first time and no cliff hanger for the first time
Jun 12, 2016 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Vooo said:
iRels said:

Oh you tell that i was being idiotic? Hah. The MC sees them like that because he's idiotic. You then share his view. (I'm still waiting for his apology to the twins for the insults he made in previous episodes.)
(Subaru lacks etiquette.)

The hipocrisy.

"constructive feedback"

"I'm probably the only one getting completely sick and tired of the focus on Rem and Ram. It is quite boring and redundant on par with what "filler" content would contain.

It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest.

This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year."

What part of that is constructive? ... So you're sick and tired? Of it focusing on them? Because you think it's wrong to? Good. 'Redundant'? So it's unneeded? Because you think little of them? Ah, I see.

"It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest." Look who's generalizing, saying that they 'cater to' those types of people, only.

"This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year." Cringes Someone's feeling arrogant. I'll give you an advice: Read the source, before wanting your opinions to be given a chance of being considered to be above 'inferior'. Do it. Because you don't appear competent enough with what the show's given you until now. (No offense intended.)

There is no hope for your passive aggressiveness. Your whole rant of a response is loaded with fallacies, not even addressing my comments but me as a person. Trying to reason with you is like trying to have an intellectual conversation with Donald trump.

At least the previous person who responded to my comment had a positive and constructive response. You my friend need help.

Oh that's what they say about 'Covering one's tail (ass)'.
Jun 12, 2016 4:09 PM

May 2015
SO I looks like Subaru reached next checkpoint!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW REM <3
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 12, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2007
Its really hilarious how people get up in arms to defend their waifus and can't take actual criticism in narrative sense.

iRels said:
Fai said:

But subaru IS getting gradually fleshed out. EMilia is not.

She was introduced and literally every single scene of her's in Arc2 is "aww isn't she so cute nice flustered and kind!!?!?!"

Subaru is getting depth and complexity of character. Rem and Ram became best girls. Emilia is kind of stagnating on "nice girl reward for MC'" sexist stereotype

Hmm... Maybe you don't realize that Roswaal, Emilia, Beatrice etc... have their own life. They've their own worries and can't be serving/giving attention to Subaru all the time. It's the role they're playing. And if they can't, then how Subaru [as the key] will make them open themselves more to him, thus revealing more of them? Why aren't you complaining about Roswaal not being 'fleshed out' and only focusing on Emilia? And what about Beatrice? Maybe I could agree if not by the mess Subaru's having to deal with. There's just no space for more. And like @Fappa said, she isn't simple. Emphasis on more, then.

Roswaal beatrice etc DO have their own lives, as we have been shown and thats' why they are interesting.

Emilia so far "COULD" have interesting plotlines but in Arc 2 she literally only existed for Subaru which is a problem for a lead heroine.
Hell, we know nigh to nothing about Beatrice or Roswaal and both are miles more interesting and better characterized at this point than Emilia.

Look - Emilia has a lot of potential as a character and obviously lots of people like her personality, but that does not mean she is particularly well written in this arc. Nor does it mean that every single person has to like her "nice girl" scenes or Subaru's monologues about what a precious flower she is. Its a legit problem of the narrative.
Jun 12, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Can someone explain to me why have Rem killed Subaru in the past time loops? I thought we would have an explanation by the end of the arc, but I honestly still don't get it.
Was it because he had the witch's smell?
Jun 12, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2010
Lacertoss said:
Can someone explain to me why have Rem killed Subaru in the past time loops? I thought we would have an explanation by the end of the arc, but I honestly still don't get it.

Um, yes? She said exactly that herself. The witch's scent mark someone as being part of Witch Cult whom was responsible for destruction of her village.
Jun 12, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2007
Lacertoss said:

I mean that was obvious?
He was a suspicious dude acting suspicious while having that smell so she offed him.
Jun 12, 2016 4:34 PM

Sep 2015
It's strange to say, but one thing I'm enjoying a lot to this anime is:"boobs's size"
Ram,Rem and Emilia(Beako is only a loli) have all normal breast size.

Don't get the wrong idea it's not that I'm into that but I think japanese are so obsessed with tits dimension I'm really sick of this aspect.Indeed the design is really good.

OMG Rem's smile was so cliche,but ok,lol.
Jun 12, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
Its really hilarious how people get up in arms to defend their waifus and can't take actual criticism in narrative sense.

iRels said:

Roswaal beatrice etc DO have their own lives, as we have been shown and thats' why they are interesting.

Emilia so far "COULD" have interesting plotlines but in Arc 2 she literally only existed for Subaru which is a problem for a lead heroine.
Hell, we know nigh to nothing about Beatrice or Roswaal and both are miles more interesting and better characterized at this point than Emilia.

Look - Emilia has a lot of potential as a character and obviously lots of people like her personality, but that does not mean she is particularly well written in this arc. Nor does it mean that every single person has to like her "nice girl" scenes or Subaru's monologues about what a precious flower she is. Its a legit problem of the narrative.

You been shown that Emilia has her own life too please stop being dishonest here. I've even pointed examples of it to you which has very little to do with Subaru. All you have done on the otherhand is bring up pointless shit that neither denies her agency or is irrelevant. She has most spent of her time in this preparing for the election for chirstsake. How is that not having her own life?

And stop bringing up what Subaru thinks of her, that nothing to do with her character. He's talk about Rem and Ram like too (and even interacted with them in a similar manner), and constantly treated Betty like a kid and didn't change the fact they doing there own thing.
Iron_MawJun 12, 2016 4:47 PM
Jun 12, 2016 4:40 PM

May 2016
Honestly I loved this episode. Added more to the plot with the backstory and was a cute romantic flare to it. It's not my personal favorite episode thus far but it is still high on my list of favorites (for this series) I rate this 5/5
Jun 12, 2016 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
Nice closure even though the talk Subaru had with Rem could have been a lot better if it was shorter, just hinted and without overdone pathos as it felt bit cheesy this way. Subaru's monologue in front of Rem was way too long and Rem's lack of self-confindence while he was praising her felt almost annoying after a while.

But even that, the feelings and relationship Subaru has with her feels a lot more organic and real than his infatuation for Emilia. Wonder who should I ship him with now? It would be Rem I guess.

So now they would travel together I presume?
Jun 12, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:

iRels said:

Hey didn't someone tell you that she isn't leading yet? She will later. And people should like her because her appearance and behavior tells them enough. It's like you're saying that not much [as desired by you] having been witten about her, makes it bad. Nah. I'd want the dessert for later.

Emilia just doesn't appear to be doing much... outside the mansion. In ways, attemps at her life have been made already. So it became more prudent for her to stay there. But again, Subaru was busy with the mess in hand... And Rem that was dealing with it, didn't want anyone else to get involved. And there were the resets, making Subaru lose progression. AND even more, the issue with the shaman. Now where would Emilia fit in all this? Hah.

So yeah, not much about Emilia's background was revealed. Like from where she came... The mansion is likely where she was brought to, after being confirmed to be fit as a candidate by Roswaal. What I'd assume is that she'd then be studying and such. Doesn't means she didn't have a life before. Oh just compare her to Felt... she was taken by Reinhard. If Felt were in Emilia's position, it'd be...the same? Not? Felt's not as good-looking as Emilia... Even if she were to be dressed in expensive clothing, instead of those (fashionable) ragged clothes. But it's not only about appearance... Enough of Emilia's character was shown (for now).

So you've prejudice against Emilia? Sees her as undeserving of the praise she's getting? It all seems reasonable to me.
Jun 12, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2011
I agree with fai. While as someone stated she doesn't have to be crammed into every frame she has conspicuously been missing. I know this arc more focuses on the twins and Subaru coming to terms with the price of his power. There is even some justification as to why Emilia has to take a backseat towards the action as she is very important as a candidate for the throne. However so far we have been simply reminded of the general role she (along with countless of other female leads often show within the first 10 minutes of a show) will play in the story-line. She's the good hearted maiden whom the MC fell for for her deed that never happened beyond his mind and that's fine. The problem is the gaps betwen her interactions that bothers me. Even when Rem seemed to be more focused on than Ram, there was still characterization going on there, albeit from Rem's actions and words with regards to her sister. In all fairness Emilia has been introduced already, unlike the twins, but there is that strange feeling of Emilia being put on a pedestal of pureness solely for the MC to idolize, and nothing more.

I'm assuming she'll get some action, and Someone already blurted out Emilia's role doesn't really grow until a bit later, but how much later is acceptable for a 26 episode show? Episode 18? 22? Is she going to simply stay in the backdrop until the big reveal? Or is some relevancy going to be added towards her so we can actually feel should she turn out to be a total bitch, die, or reflect feelings towards the MC? Right now she is reminding me of the "girl of the week" from Pokemon. The one that shows up out of nowhere and may be present in the stands of the league or some shit.
Jun 12, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
Fai said:

iRels said:

Emilia had her time to shine in arc 1 since she was introduced to us and all, so it's only natural there will be less of her in next arc aka "arc 2" which belongs to Ram/Rem since they are new characters and need to be properly introduced to readers/viewers, do they not? It practically always goes that way for every romance/harem anime/LN/manga where new characters (harem members) gets their own arc and "main heroine is set aside for some time". (Perfect examples of this would be: Campione, Blade Dance, Date a Live, Nisekoi and so on...) so I NEVER EXPECT main heroine to be shown a lot, or have a lot of development during first 4 to 5 volumes (depends how many harem members are going to get their own arc).

If it was already at point where ALL CHARACTERS had been introduced and the MAIN STORY was at progress, then I would totally agree with you, BUT NOW I SIMPLY CANNOT, since it's just the beginning of the story and you just want something which would destroy the meaning of other characters arcs, and their fair share of development, which Emilia already got in arc 1, so she does not need more at this point.

I can also see Rem having only the "cute / nice girl" only scenes in next arc, since she seems to become lovestruck with Subaru, so she will become the same being as Emilia in arc 2. - unless I am proven wrong, which can happen since she has more freedom to act, unlike Emilia. (She is no king candidate -> she isn't targeted (no need to prepare for it also), her power isn't halved during night, where Emilia can't use Puck).
Jun 12, 2016 4:57 PM
May 2016
Undeniably, that was a great and heartwarming episode. We got the backstory of the twins, which told us that Ram is the prodigy and Rem always felt that she is inferior and only a replacement to her sister. Their race even in her family, she always felt that Ram was the one always being praise. But she do hardwork and by the help of her sister, that proves that her sister never leaves and always protect her. And then the tragedy happened, their race was annihilated, well I don't know what the real thing happened, but somewhat the one who cut the horn of Ram was Roswaal. I really feel Roswaal is really fishy. And we see Rem felt somehow happy when her sister's horn cut, she smiled there. But now she regret it and atoning her sin for it along with what happened to Subaru's, cause the way she can't control her demon power, she felt bad for it.

Well now arc 2 is over and now waiting for the infamous arc 3 which is so bloody hell according to the LN readers and the spoilers I've read.
Jun 12, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 2015
And thus it began. The swift replacement of Subaru X Emilia with the far superior Subaru X Rem. (And yeah, this will only be amplified in the next Arc!)
Jun 12, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Mich666 said:

But even that, the feelings and relationship Subaru has with her feels a lot more organic and real than his infatuation for Emilia. Wonder who should I ship him with now? It would be Rem I guess.

If you think that then I've got some questions for you.
How did Emilia and Subaru meet?
Did they spend whole day and several loops together?
Did they go through a dangerous situation together?
Why was he allow to work in the mansion at all in first place?
Did Emilia become his friend and become open to him more?
Did she provide emotional support for when he was trouble was and even willing trust that he was doing right thing despite his lack of explanations?

If yes to all of those how his their relationship not organic? Those two had helped when they needed it the most built bond a of trust during a crisis like Subaru and Rem. If they aren't realistic than neither his relationship with Rem because they formed under similar circumstances.

So now they would travel together I presume?

Why would when they are employees for the manor? Twins have come to trust him now just as Emilia did at the end of arc 1, so there no longer conflict between them. It just means he can actually live there at peace.
Iron_MawJun 12, 2016 5:07 PM
Jun 12, 2016 5:05 PM

Oct 2011
Angry_Always said:
And thus it began. The swift replacement of Subaru X Emilia with the far superior Subaru X Rem. (And yeah, this will only be amplified in the next Arc!)

It can easily change at later arcs, where everyone will get their fair share of development. (Blade Dance and Restia getting tie with the unstoppable Est is perfect for this I suppose :P)
Jun 12, 2016 5:10 PM
Mar 2016
I have absolutely loved every single episode up to date, except this one. It was not bad, it provided necessary plot, action, and character development. However, the episode seemed to go by so much quicker and so little was truly shown. *Spoiler alert*

Literally 50% of the episode simply showed Subaru and Rem in a touching emotional conversation, but it was over 10 minutes! The beginning 50% was definitely interesting however, I especially loved how Subaru finally used magic successfully and Ros-Chi came to save the day. All in all it was a very good episode, but I just think the ending ten minutes of Subaru and Rem was a little excessive. Instead of ending the episode with a boom, it ended the episode with a "that's it?"
Jun 12, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
. The problem is the gaps betwen her interactions that bothers me. Even when Rem seemed to be more focused on than Ram, there was still characterization going on there, albeit from Rem's actions and words with regards to her sister. In all fairness Emilia has been introduced already, unlike the twins, but there is that strange feeling of Emilia being put on a pedestal of pureness solely for the MC to idolize, and nothing more.

Being kind is just as much as characteristic being a smartass (Ram) and stoic (Rem). But Emilia and twins have all shown different sides of them to Subaru that precisely under difference circumstances when they both negative and positive reactions to him based on their own past experiences why he's grown attached to them. The selective basis that has now started t crop up just because we moved earlier Emilia eccentric episodes is nauseating at this point.
Iron_MawJun 12, 2016 5:17 PM
Jun 12, 2016 5:14 PM
Dec 2014
Does anyone else get a really weird vibe from Emilia? I just don't trust her at all.
Jun 12, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
Raisken said:

Emilia had her time to shine in arc 1 since she was introduced to us and all, so it's only natural there will be less of her in next arc aka "arc 2" which belongs to Ram/Rem since they are new characters and need to be properly introduced to readers/viewers, do they not? It practically always goes that way for every romance/harem anime/LN/manga where new characters (harem members) gets their own arc and "main heroine is set aside for some time". (Perfect examples of this would be: Campione, Blade Dance, Date a Live, Nisekoi and so on...) so I NEVER EXPECT main heroine to be shown a lot, or have a lot of development during first 4 to 5 volumes (depends how many harem members are going to get their own arc).

Even then what we had of emilia in ARc1 is incomparably worse than what we got with the twins.

Arc1 started with Emilia being intriguing and as we went on to Arc2 she grew more and more boring.
On other hand Arc2 started with twins being kind of cliche and then they became the most complex and interesting characters in the show.

That's the difference.

Also Emilia is supposedly lead heroine. Having her just appear once in a w hile to b e flustered at subaru is not good writing and thus it is not surprising that people feel that Ram and Rem are far better characters.

I can also see Rem having only the "cute / nice girl" only scenes in next arc, since she seems to become lovestruck with Subaru, so she will become the same being as Emilia in arc 2. - unless I am proven wrong, which can happen since she has more freedom to act, unlike Emilia. (She is no king candidate -> she isn't targeted (no need to prepare for it also), her power isn't halved during night, where Emilia can't use Puck).

But Rem already has personality and depth and motivations and flaws. So even if she were just be lovestruck around Subaru (which i seriously doubt will be the case), there's already nuance to her character and thus to her scenes, in comparison to Emilia's which only serve to tell us(AGAIN) at how perfect and pure she looks for Subaru

QWERTYFish25 said:
I agree with fai. While as someone stated she doesn't have to be crammed into every frame she has conspicuously been missing. I know this arc more focuses on the twins and Subaru coming to terms with the price of his power. There is even some justification as to why Emilia has to take a backseat towards the action as she is very important as a candidate for the throne. However so far we have been simply reminded of the general role she (along with countless of other female leads often show within the first 10 minutes of a show) will play in the story-line. She's the good hearted maiden whom the MC fell for for her deed that never happened beyond his mind and that's fine. The problem is the gaps betwen her interactions that bothers me. Even when Rem seemed to be more focused on than Ram, there was still characterization going on there, albeit from Rem's actions and words with regards to her sister. In all fairness Emilia has been introduced already, unlike the twins, but there is that strange feeling of Emilia being put on a pedestal of pureness solely for the MC to idolize, and nothing more.

I'm assuming she'll get some action, and Someone already blurted out Emilia's role doesn't really grow until a bit later, but how much later is acceptable for a 26 episode show? Episode 18? 22? Is she going to simply stay in the backdrop until the big reveal? Or is some relevancy going to be added towards her so we can actually feel should she turn out to be a total bitch, die, or reflect feelings towards the MC? Right now she is reminding me of the "girl of the week" from Pokemon. The one that shows up out of nowhere and may be present in the stands of the league or some shit.
^This

Literally all of her scenes in this arc are "look at how pure sweet and kind she is! awww, aint she just great!" and most of them end with Subaru praising her or thinking of how great she is, being inspired by her greatness. She does not feel like her own character, even though she has interesting plotlines.

At this point this would only make some kind of narrative sense is if I was right and she IS Satella and just trolling everyone(Which would contextualize her blandness), but even then that is not necessarily good writing.
AhenshihaelJun 12, 2016 5:30 PM
Jun 12, 2016 5:29 PM
Aug 2015
Aww, Subaru finally got to ask Emilia to go on a date with him! <3
Jun 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
Smaug5 said:
Does anyone else get a really weird vibe from Emilia? I just don't trust her at all.

While she clearly has her own issues (discrimination, political troubles, looking like Satella, being bad with people etc) she seems fairly normal of as the moment. She also been Subaru's biggest support once they got on better terms with each other so I really doubt she has any ulterior motives for him.
Jun 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode! Op inserts always get me hyped up! Even if it felt slightly anti climatic.

The entire conversation with Rem was emotional. That smile and tears really got to me.

Can't wait for arc 3. From what I have heard it's going to get pretty crazy.
Jun 12, 2016 5:31 PM
Feb 2016
undoubtedly one of the best episode in this series. I'm replying for the first time because of the greatness of this anime. Perhaps one of the best anime in modern time.

The opening when fighting really turn me on. Great Job!!!
Jun 12, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2015
Raisken said:
Angry_Always said:

It can easily change at later arcs, where everyone will get their fair share of development. (Blade Dance and Restia getting tie with the unstoppable Est is perfect for this I suppose :P)

True, but in the latest manga arc I won't spoil but I've begun to see Emilia in a light that makes it painful for me to see Subaru go so far for her sake.

Also, had to google those names, sorry XD. Never watched blade dance myself, any good?
Jun 12, 2016 5:32 PM
Feb 2016
Smaug5 said:
well it's just me or thinking that emilia is really satella
Jun 12, 2016 5:33 PM

May 2016
Rem is the main character. The next arc will still be about her.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 12, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
markovicmitrovic said:
Smaug5 said:

That's pretty much the theory I am going with and the only thing that sort of would justify and contextualize the way she is written.
Jun 12, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
markovicmitrovic said:

That's pretty much the theory I am going with and the only thing that sort of would justify and contextualize the way she is written.

As someone who knows of all the upcoming plot points the next arc the anime will cover and beyond no. Her issues have more to it then whether she is a secret sadistic mass murderer or not.

TeamDalaiLana said:
Rem is the main character. The next arc will still be about her.

You might be a bit disappointed then.
Iron_MawJun 12, 2016 5:47 PM
Jun 12, 2016 5:43 PM

Aug 2015
Angry_Always said:
Raisken said:

True, but in the latest manga arc I won't spoil but I've begun to see Emilia in a light that makes it painful for me to see Subaru go so far for her sake.

Also, had to google those names, sorry XD. Never watched blade dance myself, any good?

It's like some kind of fusion dance between Zero no tsukaima and Rakudai Kishi no cavalry (or w/e clone of IS you want to quote). Liked it casually buy I guess it wouldn't be good if you analyzed it. You'd probably destroy it.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 12, 2016 5:45 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was completely amazing, a pretty tragic backstory followed up by a bunch of incredibly beautiful moments.
Jun 12, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Jagd84 said:
discrimination,

But you see there's the bullshit that kinda invalidates her inaction with the village when you consider her wandering through the town at the start. I know she got her emblem stolen and needed that back and all. But why rush into the city knowing you're going to be discriminated against because you're a half-elf/look like the jealous witch? When Subaru called her Satella in one of his lives there was no consequence other than him feeling like shit for referring her to a well-know terror? How about she get a fruit or something thrown at her (no I'm not suggesting ryona) or gets verbally abused after walking from the scenario? Why did she tell him that was even her name the first time around? There are so many bits that would possibly resonate emotionally with the viewer about her from the first arc.
Jun 12, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2014

No one likes someone that throws out theories without using in-anime evidence to support it in an anime-only thread.
Jun 12, 2016 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
markovicmitrovic said:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Jun 12, 2016 5:53 PM
Mar 2015
I don't like the MC, he is retarded. he doesn't realize what he is doing, and just do them, so when he gets in trouble he just "reset", what an idiot.

He will be a bigger idiot on the upcoming episodes, so retarded.

Jun 12, 2016 5:56 PM

Sep 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
Angry_Always said:

It's like some kind of fusion dance between Zero no tsukaima and Rakudai Kishi no cavalry (or w/e clone of IS you want to quote). Liked it casually buy I guess it wouldn't be good if you analyzed it. You'd probably destroy it.

Ah, I haven't looked it up but if I were to guess a summary. MC viewed as a 'zero' with supposedly no magical talent in a world with 'insert name for special magic users' goes to academy where he meets a bunch of quirky girls and proves himself to those who look down upon him by showing his hidden talent, would I be far off the mark?

Sorry if I am completely wrong. But the amount of animes I've seen over the past year with descriptions similar to that are too many to count, I'm telling you.

And yeah, you somehow guessed, I'm a stickler for quality. I don't mind casual watching like the recent 'Tanaka is always listless' or 'Nichijou' or pure fun like 'MM!' as long as it isn't cliche drivel. Which is why with recent releases I both love Re: Zero Kara and despise Big Order :)
Jun 12, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
Rem is obviously best girl! Rem x Basuru needs to happen, FUCK EMILIA!

Jun 12, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2013
That ending scene with Rosowal was a bit creepy, overall it was a good episode that finally wrapped up this arc, I'm guessing this is going to be his "saving" point.
Jun 12, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2011
Angry_Always said:

Ah, I haven't looked it up but if I were to guess a summary. MC viewed as a 'zero' with supposedly no magical talent in a world with 'insert name for special magic users' goes to academy where he meets a bunch of quirky girls and proves himself to those who look down upon him by showing his hidden talent, would I be far off the mark?

Sorry if I am completely wrong. But the amount of animes I've seen over the past year with descriptions similar to that are too many to count, I'm telling you.

There's an unusual amount of characterization for that but for the most part you hit the nail. Thing that set it apart from Asterisk that aired at the same time (and for some fucking reason got a second series) is the fact they actually tried pretty hard to push the characters into a relationship and actually gave the other female character their own stories outside of the MC. Yeah he helped them a lot through action and example but ultimately they found their resolve and strength but their own means. If that makes any sense.
Jun 12, 2016 6:02 PM

Mar 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
Jagd84 said:
discrimination,

But you see there's the bullshit that kinda invalidates her inaction with the village when you consider her wandering through the town at the start.

No doesn't because it subtle brought up multiple times. Mainly in her interactions with Subaru during the first episode. Furthermore when she was in the capital she even hiding her ears behind hair first arc to avoid standing out. And what Inaction? She supposed to be under Roswaal protection to begin with it so its' only natural she is kept out of dark situation regarding the mabeast so she doesn't put herself in danger trying to help. Even then she when down to village just to heal him at least to point where her mana reveres where nearly drained. Given that we know mana=lifeforce she could have died from that.

I know she got her emblem stolen and needed that back and all. But why rush into the city knowing you're going to be discriminated against because you're a half-elf/look like the jealous witch?

She said herself that her curiosity got the better of her which implies she has never been to the capital and wanted to see what it was like. Theft happened immediately afterwards. This further supported of her reluctance to go to the village until Subaru had to beg her. Otherwise give me a better explanation for why would she go her date with Subaru or why she said people would hate him if he saw with her.

When Subaru called her Satella in one of his lives there was no consequence other than him feeling like shit for referring her to a well-know terror?

You beyond making him look a idiot in public with no common sense? You just listed consequence yourself.

How about she get a fruit or something thrown at her (no I'm not suggesting ryona) or gets verbally abused after walking from the scenario? Why did she tell him that was even her name the first time around? There are so many bits that would possibly resonate emotionally with the viewer about her from the first arc.

Because obviously nobody had recognize what she look like or that she was a half elf at all unless they went up and spoke to her for more than few minutes. SHe told him her name was Satella so he would stop getting involved with her as Suabru deduced.
Iron_MawJun 12, 2016 6:17 PM
Jun 12, 2016 6:07 PM

Feb 2016
This anime never ceases to amaze me. Each week is just so awesome.
Jun 12, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
Angry_Always said:

There's an unusual amount of characterization for that but for the most part you hit the nail. Thing that set it apart from Asterisk that aired at the same time (and for some fucking reason got a second series) is the fact they actually tried pretty hard to push the characters into a relationship and actually gave the other female character their own stories outside of the MC. Yeah he helped them a lot through action and example but ultimately they found their resolve and strength but their own means. If that makes any sense.

Yeah no I get what you mean completely. Characterization can be the factor that makes or breaks an anime. For the life of me I can't recall names but I remember anime with seemingly cliche plots but the character exploration and depth to them and non reliance on an OP ex machina mc really makes an anime shine.

It's typical to see -plain mc-meets quirky girl-quirky girl has sad backstory-mc helps quirky girl-quirky girl loves mc-mc meets another girl-girl betrays him-mc forgives her and fights for her-that girl loves him... and the cycle goes on and there is probably a childhood friend tsundere somewhere in there :/

I feel for you when you lament over how some horrible feats of unoriginality receive a million anime seasons whilst those that are actually deep and written with care instead of fanservice get thrown to the bottom of the pile >:I
Jun 12, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2014
i got chills when i heard the opening song when subaru faced the mabeasts
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Jun 12, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
Subaru doesn't seem like himself anymore. Suddenly he is doing sage speeches.
Jun 12, 2016 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
Jagd84 said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

But you see there's the bullshit that kinda invalidates her inaction with the village when you consider her wandering through the town at the start.

No doesn't because it subtle brought up multiple times. Furthermore when she was in the capital she even hiding her ears behind hair first arc to avoid standing out. And what Inaction? She supposed under Roswaal protection to begin with it so its' oonly natural she is kept out of dark situation regarding the mabeast so doesn't put herself in danger trying to help. Even then she when down to village just to heal him at least to point where her mana reveres where drain. Given that we know mana=lifeforce she could have died from that.

I know she got her emblem stolen and needed that back and all. But why rush into the city knowing you're going to be discriminated against because you're a half-elf/look like the jealous witch?

She said herself that her curiosity got the better of her which implies she has never been there. This further support of her reluctance to go to the village until Subaru had to beg her.

When Subaru called her Satella in one of his lives there was no consequence other than him feeling like shit for referring her to a well-know terror?

You beyond making him look a idiot in public with no common scene?

How about she get a fruit or something thrown at her (no I'm not suggesting ryona) or gets verbally abused after walking from the scenario? Why did she tell him that was even her name the first time around? There are so many bits that would possibly resonate emotionally with the viewer about her from the first arc.

Because nobody had recognize what she look like or that she was a half elf at all unless they went up and spoke to her.

1. didn't The loli describe the Jealous witch as having white hair? The ears may have been concealed by the hair but the hair kinda gives it a way somewhat, especially when someone calls her by a name of infamy. Perhaps the witch is long dead or something (kinda forgot what the witch's current situation was about) So it may be a common insult, like calling a dark person a monkey despite the vast differences between a human and a monkey.

2. I'll have to check my book.

3. Huh?

4. You stated discrimination as if being separate from "looking like Satella." I'm assuming the former is in regards to her ears and the later is with regards to other traits (her hair and/or eyes). The townspeople seemed to at least be familiar with the legend of the Jealous witch since they took it as Subaru was insulting her. But then again there have been works that have treated very recent subjects as legendary or mythical, despite the time in between. I will say they townpeople must've had at least average vision someone being called out in the middle of the crowd I think would kinda encourage me to focus in on that person. But meh, I thought it would've been a way of showing Subaru and us a bit of her struggles first hand if the crowd had reacted a bit more against her. But then again that may be spoiling other things regarding her similarities towards the witch in the future.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
Jun 13, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1725 by __kitooo »»
Jun 10, 11:29 PM

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.