Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 31, 2023 5:13 PM
Apr 2020
Episode 3 was great, also first big fight.
Jan 2, 4:35 PM

Jan 2024
The first half of the episode was very sweet, with frieren wanting to know fern more and giving her a gift. The second half of the episode was really cool, with the fight against the demon.
Jan 2, 7:50 PM
Jan 2024
I liked it, the characters and story seem to have an interesting direction
Jan 2, 10:51 PM
Jan 2024
Very well done and gorgeous show so far. Also is very heartwarming and touching to see Frieren coming to terms with outliving her friends and deciding that she wants to actually get to know people and to live less apathetically
Jan 3, 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
not enjoyable very confusing
Jan 4, 5:14 PM
Jan 2024
Another banger. So beautiful.
Jan 5, 12:23 PM
Nov 2023
It's getting more interesting now that they had their first proper fight :D
Jan 6, 9:56 AM
Aug 2023
trash female mc is so mid
Jan 6, 7:34 PM
Jan 2024
It was just fine, I dont understand why is it better tan Full Metal Alchemist
Jan 6, 7:38 PM
Jan 2024
This anime is just ok, I dont see why it has more score than Full Metal Alchemist. I have been watching 8 episodes but I dont see anything extraordinary, however Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood since the begining had a much more interesting story.
Jan 8, 7:20 PM
Jun 2020
Really good and cool
Jan 9, 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked how realistic the episode was in depicting how people would react to a devastating attack.

The fact that researchers spent years analyzing and understanding Zoltraak in order to develop a defense for it is such a refreshingly realistic reaction.
Jan 10, 10:13 PM
Jan 2024
Don't waste the life you have been given and try to live it happily for the others who appreciate you being in there lives.
Jan 13, 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
Cool only cried once, Anytime, Anywhere is growing on me
Jan 13, 2:40 PM

Oct 2018
Oh I didn't expect action this early. Unlike the last 2 episodes, Harashina goes with more focus on angles and layouts. Don't like the smoke effects or the layers of compositing done over it though.
Jan 14, 7:57 PM
Jul 2020
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jan 16, 11:44 PM
Jan 2024
very perfect. very very very
Jan 17, 12:32 PM
Sep 2020
Animation it's ok
Jan 19, 7:44 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 22, 7:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, the animation against the monster at the end was impressive!
Jan 24, 7:10 AM
Jun 2021
This anime takes me to another world.
I'm transfixed as soon as I start watching.
SOOO good!
Jan 26, 4:18 PM
Oct 2017
Seriously a masterpiece at the end. Mystery plus Magic

\
Jan 26, 8:07 PM
Feb 2020
I thought this episode was pretty good, liked the world building with them.
Jan 27, 3:01 PM

Aug 2020
Everything about Fern reminds me of KAF. Her voice, eyes and hairstyle all have a fair resemblance. Being reminded of KAF and her beautiful voice makes this series that much more enjoyable.

The battle theme when Fern was training with Frieren reminded me of one of Halo 2's combat themes. Honestly, quite exciting.

I noticed the cell animation or VHS type glow that exists in this series and I really like that touch. It pushes all of my nostalgia buttons.
Jan 30, 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. Better than the previous one.

I also enjoyed the fighting scene. Great animation and awesome visuals to depict magic.
Feb 2, 3:17 PM
Mar 2018
What a lovely first segment! It was pretty obvious what Frieren was doing, but I still enjoyed the moment of surprise when she gave Fern her birthday gift. Seeing them enjoy a treat together was sweet. <3

The duel with the demon was great! I thought the devolution from "killing magic" to just "ordinary offensive magic" was a nice way of showing the audience the difference in the perception of time between humans and magic folk.
Feb 3, 1:45 PM
Jun 2023
The Best anime I have seen, full of deep sense and secrets of life
Feb 3, 5:13 PM
Dec 2023
I love it. Amazing
Feb 6, 2:34 PM
Jan 2022
24 mins to find flowers
Feb 8, 3:08 AM
Dec 2022
The journey of Frieren and Fern continues. How the demon mage got toasted by its own magic spell cast by Frieren was just a bit of karma.
Feb 11, 4:01 PM

Jul 2023
Another relaxing episode. It was not what I expected. Yes, there was a battle, but the stake is so low. What used to be a powerful enemy was easily defeated. Similar to weapons technology, magic here can be upgraded through research and development.

I haven't seen FMAB but the OG FMA. To be honest, I can't see yet why this was rated over that. I expected epic battles, but this one seems done at a slice of life pace.

I like it but it's not something I would expect to have universal appeal.
Feb 21, 3:59 PM

Nov 2021
Is Fern a dummy?

Why is half the episode Fieren being followed by her, and she suspecting Fieren is going to buy random stuff and food, and only when they are eating the desert she realises it's her birthday? LMAO, what is this plot...

Feb 23, 3:56 AM
Dec 2023
Terceiro episódio é muita enrolação, vou tentar dar mais uma chance
Feb 25, 12:05 AM
Jan 2017
Nice one. Developping Frieren and her personnality
Feb 25, 1:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So far I'm three episodes in, and I'm not seeing the utter masterpiece that I've been told about. While the animation and music are both stellar, Frieren lacks in everything else.

Why does Frieren only show personality during flashbacks? During real time scenes, she's stoic, quiet, and reserved. But in flashbacks, she has personality and at times, even emotion. I find that so strange. It's fine if she's more of a reserved and quiet character, but she comes off as about interesting as a saltine cracker during real time scenes. Thankfully Fern is there to counter the staleness of Frieren. Who funny enough, is also a quiet and reserved character, but actually shows personality.

I'm hoping they change up the storytelling a little bit here, because visiting a place she's been before, then speaking with an elderly person who happened to be a child at the time, is already starting to become boring. I like and appreciate the concept of retracing one's steps/going back to places from a past journey, but I'm sure there are more compelling ways to go about it.

I also find the jumping around with timeskips a bit jarring too.
Feb 25, 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
So how did Fern go from being way smaller than her to 20 cm taller in just 6 months/a year at most despite barely growing before that xd
I seriously hope they don't change her into a boob monster at the end. She had realistic proportions through this show so far, pls dont change== Seems she already went up like 2 sizes tho, pls no, this show doesnt need fanservice^"

Edit: ep 4 confirmed my fear, sigh

Seems Frieren had to show who the real big sister was during the magic training xd Hope we do get more than just lasers tho. We need more frieren with her hair loose/long, holy moly she's so cute in that scene where she talks about qual

Whos grave was that tho at the end 0o
removed-userFeb 25, 3:10 PM
Feb 25, 11:56 PM

Jul 2021
I really just love looking at the scenery in this anim. The animation and art really make some amazing backgrounds and landscapes to look at. I really like the town both Frieren and Fern were exploring. Along with those guys who loved there sweets. I found it funny cause i thought they were gonna be bandits but no they were adventurers like Frieren. Fern following Frieren around was cute aswell just watching here go aroun the town, and the moment they shared at the sweets place with the nice view. It was nice of Frieren to give Fern that hair ornament.

I really like Frieren facial expressions as well, shes really cute with those scribble eyes.

The little village they visited was nice as well. With the flashbacks to Himmel, i love seeing him man. I really miss even though we know so little. Im glad theres always flashbacks to the old group. I really like them all so much even though we know so little.

Frieren and Fern training was also nice. i like how strong Frieren is and teaching Fern some good defensive magic as well. The fight against the demon was great as well. Fern has come along way with her magic training from when she was a little girl. I liked the little conversation between the demon and Frieren and it kinda makes me sad the demon was killed his power was cool and i liked his personality and loyality to the demon king.

overall another great episode

RIP Himmel and Heiter

Mar 1, 10:21 AM
Jul 2023
Very interesting story I'm looking forward to the next episode!!!
Mar 2, 3:07 PM
Feb 2024
Beautiful, as always.
Mar 3, 12:33 PM
Feb 2021
i waching this anime
Mar 4, 12:25 PM

Mar 2016
The first full-episode adventure of Fern and Frieren!

It's adorable to see how much Fern knew about Frieren, her habits her facial expressions she's been with Frieren since she was 9, and if she's 16 now that's 7 staggering years. She even knew Frieren's taste in sweets, prompting Frieren to remember her memories back with her old party. I like this scene where both Frieren and Fern are bonding with one another as Frieren gifted Fern that hair ornament, the landscaped scenery and the relaxing vibe were perfect. Hopefully, Frieren remembers and cherishes this moment as Fern did.

And now for a bit of action, it seems like Fern is the type to prefer to practice her techniques rather than the inner workings of the theory but whichever is the case, her shield spell is good, coupled with her excellent control, she's a strong asset to have for Frieren. I got a bit of a proud moment to know that humanity has researched, analyzed and developed countermeasures to zoltraak. Within the short lifespans of those of elves and demons, the progress of humanity is rapid. And theeeen Frieren mercilessly finished the demon off with his own technique. Lol... Talk about being cold.

Guess we'll be seeing more of Frieren backtracking and reliving her past adventures
p.s. Frieren with her hair down made her look so much more elegant, I dig that style

Mar 8, 6:24 PM
Jan 2024
Absolutely fantastic eps
Mar 8, 7:48 PM
Aug 2021
very interesting :)
Mar 10, 9:02 PM
Feb 2024
I think this episode is a floop but nice
Mar 12, 10:18 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing that fight animation is so good
Mar 13, 8:09 AM
Jul 2020
I've watched 3 eps, and I stopped and focused on my real world activities, and I forgot to watch it, I'm not even interested anymore, if I like a show, at least even if I forget I'll definitely try watching it again, maybe there are people who like this anime.. just a p0wrn addict, on social media it is always fan service that is popular
Mar 14, 3:38 PM
Feb 2024
So, Combat seems to be not a real problem and it looked so crispy holy shit. And then the entire part with Fern and her Birthday was so, so precious. Animation 5/5 for all ep's so far.
Mar 16, 7:37 AM
Aug 2016
When something interesting is going to happen...
Mar 16, 8:12 PM

Dec 2022
feels so good to be experiencing this all again boy they got this adaptation so right. the most important part was the Celtic flavor of the music and they nailed
Mar 19, 3:20 PM
Feb 2020
this show is an utter bore when compared to shows which did a similar concept
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
11 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
Today, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.