Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2020 11:00 AM
Apr 2020
Rob7 said:
In the begining of this episode i was like:

- Ok Subaru, tell Beatrice you are "That Person".

- Right, cut the crap and tell her you are da Person, go go.

- Oh come on, she is a suicidal lolibaba? Whatever, say the words Subaru, and then order her to don't kill herself, simple.

No, no no NO, HURRY SUBARU, tell her YOU ARE THE F* PERSON! That is so,

ELSA: "Hello dipshits, what if i AM that person? ;)"

Betty knows that Subaru is NOT that person, so it doesn't matter, and even if he was that person, it's too late now she has already given up on living after being bound to the library for 400 years
Sep 16, 2020 11:02 AM

Jun 2020
good ass episode man, interesting because emilia is so much.. different.
roswall slaughtering garfiel and ram too
Sep 16, 2020 11:04 AM

Apr 2019
Rezero is now a masterpiece for me. 10/10

it is difficult to describe the complexity of the episode and the attention to the smallest details, absolutely spectacular.
Sep 16, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
Beakooo :( when I read her past it was so sad, I don't think that it was fully conveyed in the anime but watching her dying and asking to die hurts.... that last scene with broken emilia was creepy af 10/10
/* FALLING SNOW */
.list-container:after {
position: fixed;
left: 0;
top: 0;
content: '';
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uVN2Nk8.png),
url(https://i.imgur.com/3d7VHiA.png),
url(https://i.imgur.com/s0pY1pb.png);
animation: SNOW 20s linear infinite;
z-index: 10000;
pointer-events: none !important;
}

@keyframes SNOW {
0% { background-position: 0 0, 0 0, 0 0; }
100% { background-position: 500px 1000px, 400px 400px, 300px 300px; }
}
Sep 16, 2020 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Returnbywaifu said:
- As some people have said here, Subaru not telling Beatrice he is "that person" especially when she's the one bringing up the topic. This cannot be attributed to Subaru's mental state, he clearly had the opportunity to tell her and he didn't. I need an explanation for this, we cannot keep repeating the same thing forever, "Subaru has seen some shit and he doesn't behave normally", because if you use that card you can do pretty much everything you want with Subaru and always give that excuse.
If I remember correctly, the conversation went a bit differently in the LN. Right after saying that it's an irony, Beatrice adds that she wants to be killed by Subaru. That moved the conversation to a different tracks, screwing up Subaru's plans. And when Beatrice finally revealed what the question is, it was already too late. Subaru tried another approach, with that "You should have asked for help" but it failed too.

Returnbywaifu said:
- Why are the loops so different from each other? The rabbits coming at different times (the snow attracted them but why did not Roswaal create the storm at the sime time in both loops?), people acting differetly, like Garfield and a long etc. In this regard I no longer feel the same as season 1 in which the loops were identical from each other and what changed were only Subaru's actions. The author is probably aware of this, since it would be too much of a mistake to not address this, which means, that little actions Subaru does, even if we do not know which ones and why, it affects dramatically what happens here. This needs to be addressed, too.
About Roswaal not creating the snow at the same time, he does everything exactly as it's written in his copy of the Tome of Wisdom. That's why he did it at different times. The rest will be explained later, mostly in the second cour.

Returnbywaifu said:
- Why doesn't Subaru die from the Rabbits this time? It was shown earlier how vicious they are, there is no way he should have survived long enough to see Emilia. They ate him alive in another loop. Again, explanation needed.
Anime skipped that part. Subaru used Ryuzu clones to help him get there.

Returnbywaifu said:
- How does Subaru know that Roswaal is the one who created the Snowstorm? Maybe he deducts it can only be him? And if that is the case, he is smart enough to deduce this but not to tell Beatrice the words?
Subaru knows that only Puck can create such thing, but since Emilia is not dead it's not him. I think he discussed that with Garfiel and they've concluded that another powerful mage, like Roswaal, could do that (I would have to check the LN to be sure).
Sep 16, 2020 11:11 AM

Jul 2019
It has been a while since I have seen such a good horror anime.

Everything regarding Beatrice, Emilia loosing her mind, Rosvaal, more of Subaru's suffering - this show just keeps you on the edge. If the last two episodes do not disappoint this will definetly be a 10/10 masterpiece.

With another plot twist and enemy emerging, I am just so lost how all of this could be resolved. Poor, poor Subaru. His existence is pain.
Sep 16, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2016
Venumidas said:
I know it's part of the story, but all this repetitive crying always the same characters dying, always a new evil showing up is getting so fucking boring and stupid to a insane degree.

[...]

This is just so wrong.

Last time Ram was shown dying was in episode 15 of season 1, but this time Subaru Subaru died "cry" to it.
Subaru never "cried" before when Garfiel died.
Roswaal was never shown dying, period.
Beatrice was never shown dying, period.

"Always the same characters dying" is just wrong.

As for the rest of your comment, it's just as wrong.

We've just got the confirmation that the story isn't just "here's a new guy, here's a new problem, here's another one".
We've got the confirmation that Meili was present in season 1.
We've got the confirmation that Roswaal was plotting something from the very start.
We now have a good idea of most that's happening in the Sanctuary, and the list of potential culprits is shrinking every episode.

The details are incredibly important in Re:Zero and by now every viewer should start to understand that everything that has happened so far isn't there for no reason, isn't random, and is part of a single, complex and tightly knit story.

I'm not saying Re:Zero is perfect and everyone should love it, but the points you brought just don't work.
You can find the story boring though. I don't find it boring at all personally, but taste is taste.
Sep 16, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2019
Sep 16, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2019
mozgow said:
Returnbywaifu said:
- As some people have said here, Subaru not telling Beatrice he is "that person" especially when she's the one bringing up the topic. This cannot be attributed to Subaru's mental state, he clearly had the opportunity to tell her and he didn't. I need an explanation for this, we cannot keep repeating the same thing forever, "Subaru has seen some shit and he doesn't behave normally", because if you use that card you can do pretty much everything you want with Subaru and always give that excuse.
If I remember correctly, the conversation went a bit differently in the LN. Right after saying that it's an irony, Beatrice adds that she wants to be killed by Subaru. That moved the conversation to a different tracks, screwing up Subaru's plans. And when Beatrice finally revealed what the question is, it was already too late. Subaru tried another approach, with that "You should have asked for help" but it failed too.

Returnbywaifu said:
- Why are the loops so different from each other? The rabbits coming at different times (the snow attracted them but why did not Roswaal create the storm at the sime time in both loops?), people acting differetly, like Garfield and a long etc. In this regard I no longer feel the same as season 1 in which the loops were identical from each other and what changed were only Subaru's actions. The author is probably aware of this, since it would be too much of a mistake to not address this, which means, that little actions Subaru does, even if we do not know which ones and why, it affects dramatically what happens here. This needs to be addressed, too.
About Roswaal not creating the snow at the same time, he does everything exactly as it's written in his copy of the Tome of Wisdom. That's why he did it at different times. The rest will be explained later, mostly in the second cour.

Returnbywaifu said:
- Why doesn't Subaru die from the Rabbits this time? It was shown earlier how vicious they are, there is no way he should have survived long enough to see Emilia. They ate him alive in another loop. Again, explanation needed.
Anime skipped that part. Subaru used Ryuzu clones to help him get there.

Returnbywaifu said:
- How does Subaru know that Roswaal is the one who created the Snowstorm? Maybe he deducts it can only be him? And if that is the case, he is smart enough to deduce this but not to tell Beatrice the words?
Subaru knows that only Puck can create such thing, but since Emilia is not dead it's not him. I think he discussed that with Garfiel and they've concluded that another powerful mage, like Roswaal, could do that (I would have to check the LN to be sure).

Thank you that helps. But if it is the book itself the one giving Roswaal instructions, then technically it is the book that is the one aware of Subaru's redo as it gives instructions based on Subaru's actions on previous loops.
Soy gitana, canasteraaa.
Sep 16, 2020 11:25 AM

May 2019
otaku_J-san said:
Rob7 said:

- Oh come on, she is a suicidal lolibaba? Whatever, say the words Subaru, and then order her to don't kill herself, simple.

Betty knows that Subaru is NOT that person, so it doesn't matter, and even if he was that person, it's too late now she has already given up on living after being bound to the library for 400 years

It is true that doesn't matter if Subaru is or not, or if Betty believes or not.

But the fact is that everything in this world is about vows and contracts, and except by Subaru, nobody ever even try to violate one.

Then, Beatrice is tied to that Mansion and Library by Echidna's contract, and Subaru need follow this code to rewrite it and freed her.

Btw, Betty is a huge drama queen. Ryuzu Bilma is living in a cage for the same amount of time as Beatrice, and instead of suicidal desire, the little replica learned to love the little things and enjoy everyday that she is alive.

Ryuzu 1
Betty 0
Sep 16, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2020
Yes, I don´t understand a fuck. Still this chapter was epic. Really well made and with a lot of mysteries. I haven´t been so expectant since Boca-River in 2018. This chapter is 5/5. Also another episode without the OP (only 3 out of 11 had it), sad because it´s amazing
KingShuloxSep 16, 2020 11:35 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Sep 16, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Returnbywaifu said:
But if it is the book itself the one giving Roswaal instructions, then technically it is the book that is the one aware of Subaru's redo as it gives instructions based on Subaru's actions on previous loops.
Yes, you're right :)
But Roswaal is reading the book regularly, so he noticed that the content was changing. And then he noticed when it was changing, connecting it to Subaru :)
Sep 16, 2020 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit that ending was fucking terrifying.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 16, 2020 11:36 AM
Oct 2014
I see many people usually saying "that ain't Satella that possesed Emillia, it was just mindbroke Emilllia"
But i don't think Emillia's was ever possesed to begin with, i just think it's a second state of Emillia wich surges when she's completelly broke, i would say that the "purple glow" in her eyes this episode aside of showing her mind break shows that's her "witch's side" that's afloring, instead of just a crazy emillia, you can draw Broken eyes...without giving them the witch glow.

Also when she says "i like when u tryhard for me, but i don't like it that's ONLY me it gives me mixed feelings", from emilia's perspective subaru just went and came back...but for her to say such a thing, it'd imply that she knew that all his waifus got killed beforehand, and now there's only emilia(ddlc joke there) and even tho she's happy to be THE ONE , she doesn't like it to be it that way, hence she gives him the "death kiss" because she kinda arrived to the destiny she wanted but not in reality since arriving to a subaru is mine place with all his waifus gone wouldn't suit her, so i think the savepoint might have changed but STILL should be sooner than the deaths of the girls,

THIS IS ALL SPECULATION
Sep 16, 2020 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
what. the. hell. So it seems that Roswall is indeed an enemy who actually knows of Subaru's ability. That whole restart was so fucked up, also why the hell was Subaru still with the eye wound even tho he restarted?
Sep 16, 2020 11:39 AM
Oct 2019
Tremendous episode. What a way to end it. I can't imagine the cliffhanger in which the next episode will end to leave us waiting for the second part of this season
Sep 16, 2020 11:42 AM
Jul 2020
Rob7 said:

I had the same thing going on in the back of my mind. Sadly they jus made that scene to let us know Beatrice's backstory.
Sep 16, 2020 11:43 AM
Jul 2020
Ashhk said:
What to say... I don't even have the words, this episode was truly a masterpiece, there are still a lot of questions to answer but so far it's incredible

Honestly, every single episode for the past month has been top tier.
Sep 16, 2020 11:44 AM
Jul 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
Metallica_Nero said:
Without spoilers, is this arc gonna continue in season 2 part 2 which airs at January, or is it gonna end this season?

i could possible be because subaru in a bit tide situation is i assume there will be a huge cliffhanger

I rlly hope they sum this situation up, but it might be hard with how complicated shit is rn. I wouldn't rlly be fully dissapointed if they left it on a cliffhanger, rather than having a shit ending.
Sep 16, 2020 11:46 AM
Nov 2019
Can someone explain me why the first question garf asked was about his eyes instead of being shocked seeing subaru coming out of grave suddenly when he left for the mansion in the first place?
Sep 16, 2020 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
Oh boy, if they chasing those feels, they have them. I watched the ovas/movies on crunchy and this eps reminded me of the fireworks display and Beatrice saying she didn't dislike them. Get it sorted Subaru! We all counting on you!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 16, 2020 11:49 AM

May 2015
Every episode is creepier than the last...
Sep 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Sep 2017
First half of the episode was about my sad feeling for Beatrice,but after the second half a lot of things happened and I started to feel bad about everything Subaru has to go through man.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Sep 16, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2016
I am starting to think there is no good loop at end of this season. This is more like IF story, how long will this suffering go on? And it's only sanctuary, not even mention about two goddamnit Arci-bishops of sin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2020 11:52 AM

May 2013
Shirayukin said:
Chilling episode. This show is really good at building up the atmosphere and ending an episode.

However I feel like they rushed a lot the past episode that it missed many important explanations. I wouldn't understand the reason behind Roswall's actions if not for the explanations some LN readers wrote in this thread, and I'm still confused about Garfiel's inconsistent behavior towards Subaru from last episode..

Anyways, I think the only way they can go through this is for Emilia to pass the trials soon and everyone go back to the mansion = more manpower to defeat Elsa?
Not passing the trials might also be the reason why Emilia even went insane. If it's anything like Subaru's trial then it's something personal she needs to let go/solve, but so far they haven't try to solve it. Maybe Subaru needs to help her with that.

I completely agree with you. Something about leaving Emilia defenseless triggers Satella to take over...?

Nate ©
Sep 16, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2018
ROSWAAL being practical. He did what he found necessary ; its not that he didn't care about RAM & GARF. I like his Attitude.

SUBARU : That's not how any normal human thinks.
ROSWAAL : The day will come when you truly catch up to me.

"Listen to me, Subaru-kun. There is one thing that is truly, truly the most precious to you. You must get rid of everything but that, and think of nothing but protecting that one most precious thing. By doing that...You can become like Me." - ROSWAAL.

It was scary at first, but i could only see adorable EMILIA till the end. Maybe she wasn't EMILIA ; i don't know.

Jan 2019
Martin_Taylor said:
I am starting to think there is no good loop at end of this season. This is more like IF story, how long will this suffering go on? And it's only sanctuary, not even mention about two goddamnit Arci-bishops of sin.

Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Nov 2014
Skuld_Op said:
Can someone explain me why the first question garf asked was about his eyes instead of being shocked seeing subaru coming out of grave suddenly when he left for the mansion in the first place?

You can see that Subaru was in another building when he got teleported and walked outside towards where Emilia and the others, including Garfiel, are. They must've met offscreen.
Sep 16, 2020 11:56 AM

Jun 2020
Returnbywaifu said:
I think that at this point for me the quality of this show pretty much depends on whether the apparent plot conveniences, character inconsistencies, and unexplained events are:

1. Really inconsistencies due to bad writing.
2. Something that will be explained later on.
3. Something that has been explained and I have not understood correctly.

All three have happened before in this show, so I'm hoping all of these belong to the second or third category.

Being more specific:

As far as Subaru not wanting Beatrice to kill the little kid, makes no sense at this point, this is clearly a convenience so Beatrice can let her guard down and be stabbed by Elsa. He pretty much acts as the plot demands, like always.

Regarding Emilia and how her behaviour doesn't make sense here. I dislike Emilia, but even I give her more props than some people here. I think it's obvious from both her eyes and her behavious that this is not a case of just her losing her mind because of trauma. There is probably some sort of possesion or another explanation for this. Come on guys, I dislike her too, but even for a badly written character like Emilia there are limits on how bad she can be handled, give her more credit than this, don't be biased.

Againd, epending on how many answers are given to the many questions I have, this season can range from a somewhat repetitive but otherwise enjoyable, cohesive and well thought writing to a total trainwreck. That being said, people that have read the novels keep saying everything will make sense eventually so for now I will believe in them and assume that all of these questions will have reasonable answers. If this is assumed, then, this is clearly the best episode of this season for masterfuly building so many mysteries that will be explained later and yes, the voice acting is top notch even by Japanese standards.

I will explain one of the points. Meilie is the kid from the village and he interacted with her and other kids. He liked them and she was one of them. It was explained in the episode (briefly with a flashback). Of course he would not want to kill a kid he liked and played with when all was sunshine (for the most part).
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Sep 16, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 2020
RobinTheKing said:
what. the. hell. So it seems that Roswall is indeed an enemy who actually knows of Subaru's ability. That whole restart was so fucked up, also why the hell was Subaru still with the eye wound even tho he restarted?

he dint, Beatrice teleported him.
Sep 16, 2020 12:01 PM

May 2019
ShiroHachi said:
Geez seriously, there are hundreds of people here, but no one is questioning why Roswall is making snow fall to drive Emilia crazy, that's the point here. She's not going crazy just because Subaru left her, that's just one of the reasons. The biggest reason why she has gone crazy is her past. Snow, the reaction of the villagers, and Subaru leaving Emilia. It all triggers Emilia's past

I guess nobody is questioning because it is quite obvious, even more if we watched Frozen Bonds movie.

What is curious is that the snow always came after a stone-teleport. I dont know why it trigger Roswaal to use this artifice.

Maybe the complete abscence of Subaru is necessary.
Sep 16, 2020 12:13 PM
Mar 2016
Rob7 said:
PendragonX1 said:
That was a lot to unpack in one episode.

First, we got Beatrice saving Subaru like a G.

Then we get Emilia I believe at first I thought she was possessed by Satella I believe now she just went insane. Why that is IDK yet.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ5vkfr.jpg

The random teleportations in this season are starting to be odd.

So Beako can instant send people to Sanctuary? Ok Subaru, so you can rely on that, run with Petra, Freda and Rem to Beatrice's library, USE THE F* "IM THAT PERSON" (freeding Betty from the Library) and finally, everybody teleports to Sactuary.

Sure, 1st have to deal with Roswaal somehow, or he will start to make it snow to drive Emilia crazy, and unintentionally call the rabbits.

mozgow said:
I think I can post those screenshots from episode 18 now, since they will make sense now, I think.

If you wonder what happened to Subaru's letter, there is a hint in the previous episode.

One thing is not right.

It seems like Ros book is more "updated" than Beako's version.

If Beatrice's book tells nothing new in years, so that time she could not know anything about Subaru's curse. Unless Roswaal is telling her.

Can we assume that the maniac Ros is so confident to the Spirit in the Library? BUT he has a vow forcing he to dont reveal shit.

Seems like a Plot hole.

no, there are no plot holes
Sep 16, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2018
5 people hating the episode. I knew it there's always a troll in the forum.
Man this series deserves to be on 9 rating at least.
Sep 16, 2020 12:21 PM
Jun 2019
Dude, this episode was mind blowing!! Also please don't do this to my girl Emilia ;-;
Sep 16, 2020 12:22 PM
Sep 2019
RobinTheKing said:

subaru didn't die that time...beatrice teleported him to the sanctuary where he met crazy emilia
Sep 16, 2020 12:22 PM
May 2016
Ros mentioned that he wanted to isolate emilia, why? for her to get stronger, grow and break through this challenge? or for some other nefarious reason? [i dont mind spoilers for this]

Sep 16, 2020 12:28 PM

Oct 2018
AddiTeacha2 said:
Emilia is such a bitch whore. She got abandoned for a day and she went nuts. I would have understand if it was satella. It's her true annoying ass self. Subaru also a dumb cunt. He made Beatrice died simply he doesn't want a loli to die. Ugh so annoying man.

bruh this is why you need a brain to watch anime.
Sep 16, 2020 12:31 PM

May 2017
That last scene was done amazingly. The creepy music, the tension, the panning to Subaru's wounds. Wow.
Sep 16, 2020 12:32 PM

Oct 2018
MoonSong87 said:
Ros mentioned that he wanted to isolate emilia, why? for her to get stronger, grow and break through this challenge? or for some other nefarious reason? [i dont mind spoilers for this]

Roswaal spoke a lot of plot twists everytime he said something

on this episode he's basically hinting Subaru and Emilia to power themselves and not to rely too much on others. Because everytime it resets, they'll always face a new variable of puzzles.

Sep 16, 2020 12:35 PM

Oct 2018
Holy shit. Just holy shit...

I have one question though: is Beatrice permanently dead now?
Or will she also be alive when Subaru returns?
Sep 16, 2020 12:41 PM

May 2012
This episode was insane. The best so far. This whole episode felt like a movie to the point I don't know where to start. I'm at a lost for words. Beatrice, Ram, the damn village girl. Elsa is a damn dark souls boss. Roswaal is a goddamn mastermind. Poor Subaru and Emilia. This has to be the worst timeline by far.

I will say this though, Emilia must tap into Satella when she is in emotional stress. Even her last words to Subaru was that of envy. I'm guessing Emilia loves Subaru but not in a healthy way. The same with Satella? Damn this was a great episode. So much to unpack.

10/5
Sep 16, 2020 12:49 PM

Aug 2018
Oh, ok, Beatrice's book no longer shows her future for some years, huh..
And also Beatrice at least 400 years old.. It means that all witches' business, them falling or stuff - happened around 400 years back?.. Well, if Beatrice was bound by contract by Echidna..
Well, yeah.. It's not just as easy as to just take Betty on the help, and then just go on with your life business or something.. No, that's not as simple as that.. For Betty it means more.. If you are going to take her from the contract to guard the place.. Then you have to become actually that person who she'll help forever.. Because that's what her contract says.. And.. Is Subaru ready to take such responsibility?.. If he takes Beatrice from the library.. He really has to take her everywhere with himself..
Btw, both Elsa and Maylie both use "kashira" as well.. But maybe that's just coincidence.. Though, if that is intentional detail that those close to witches maybe can get certain traits or something.. It's nice.. But probably just a coincidence..
Well, Beatrice's pro-suicidal position can come back in the future, I suppose..
Really, problems just get stockpiling.. It's just impossible at this point without incredible luck to solve everything.. Elsa, Maylie, snow rabbits.. Even with return by death, you also have to have more than enormous luck to fix everything at the same time..
As well as all characters are just on the edge as well.. Beatrice probably ok with suicide, if only she could do that, because spirits can't kill themselves, as she said.. And Emilia going yandere after some push.. This really just stockpiling all the problems.. How much more can we get?.. Honestly, it seems a bit of overkill.. Even if it's interesting.. Just because I see no way you can fix everything, really, and it'll all just end up in incredible luck.. I don't even believe it'll portray the importance of trying, or thinking, or something else, what can be important by coming back from dead.. I just honestly expect just some incredible luck to solve everything.. Which would kinda be eh, I don't know about that..
Though, I kinda am interesting in that crazy side of Emilia.. I like some yandere characters.. Maybe they won't do with this anything more, though..
I actually liked that moment, when Roswaal killed Garf through Ram.. Telling "you're truly great maid, Ram!".. That's at the same time badass.. And messed up..
And Roswaal knows that Subaru is returning by death, hm.. Well, there were some signs of that.. So.. Why he's still being dodgy of stuff then?.. Is he truly thinking he'll be able to avoid Subaru again, and again, and again, in all of the timelines?..
Eh, Roswaal wants to make Emilia emotionally unstable?.. What for?.. Argument that Subaru will distance himself from clingy Emilia is kinda strange.. Especially if he just openly says it to Subaru - Subaru will want to fix this situation.. So Roswaal's actions, motives and words are quite questionable, really.. It feels that either he's telling some BS.. Perhaps lying.. Or he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, lol.. Because that's not how you make a man to abandon Emilia, by telling him everything, lol.. It will only cause rebellion.. It just doesn't make sense..
Also he beat Subaru.. What for?.. What are true intentions of Roswaal in the end?.. Maybe to make Subaru hate him?.. What for?.. His actions honestly doesn't make much sense.. He's probably lying about things..
Sep 16, 2020 12:51 PM

Jul 2017
Solid episode. Wasn't too emotional with the Beatrice segment or blown away by it and the stuff after but it was still a nice one nonetheless. This season and show's improved over the past few weeks, to no surprise other than the pacing feeling more right compared to the start of the season. Still not a great season that leaves me speechless, but a big improvement from a 3/10 first season to a 6 where its at now for me (and can grow too if this part ends strong).
Sep 16, 2020 12:53 PM

Oct 2018
Rob7 said:
The first season foreshadowed Meili as a culprit.

She disappeared after they recover the kids from the forest and villagers commented it.

---

Know what, Satella is innocent®

I am always saying it and the plot provides even more reasons to believe.

- Roswaal is EVIL. It is more clear now than ever.
- Roswaal is like Echidna's minion, he defeded her name like he is clear one, and his familly always have been there protecting Echdna's lands.

That means, Echidna is evil too.

If Roswaal is tormenting Emilia on purpose, so is Echidna who ultimately is Ros's boss.

I've watched enough anime to know that when a suspitious character is depicted to be soooo good since the start for the MC, it is followed by plot twist when the MC discovers the true colors.

Don't need to confirm or deny it, but the evidences now lead to this.

For me both Envy & Greed sides are both doing it in the wrong way.
And Subaru & Emilia are just mere pawns of their whole scenario and the poor victims. Both do adventures and taking hands of other lost people along the way.

There's like no true definition of what GOOD & EVIL is.
Exclude the Assassin Organization

They're just doing what they think is right, in their own way.

I think that's the point of this whole story of Re:Zero.
At the end of the day we can only see the suffering.
Sep 16, 2020 12:54 PM
Dec 2013
Cleostar said:
5 people hating the episode. I knew it there's always a troll in the forum.
Man this series deserves to be on 9 rating at least.

don't worry, it's geting there slowly but surely
Sep 16, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2018
Holy this episode was full of chills and unexpected moments.
Also, why is there a “bounty” on the Roswaal residents/maids, is it something that will get explained this season or do they do it because their employer doesn’t like Roswaal?
Dang, Emilia went bonkers and Subaru didn’t even try to save her because he knew she was too far gone, very sad :((.
Another thing, that last scene with Emilia got me tripping with its eerieness and showing Subaru’s state after he was eaten by the bunnies.
Lastly, Roswaal is insanely perceptive, maybe the book assists him in this respect, but nonetheless he is very intelligent and has a different outlook on life and ideals, very interesting.
10/10 episode
Sep 16, 2020 12:59 PM

Aug 2013
I don't remember when was the last time I felt this way while I was watching something. Probably Clannad years ago.
This is so good that I need to reevaluate my other anime scores.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 16, 2020 12:59 PM
Jul 2020
I guess now every time Subaru dies Beatrice is going to be pissed
Sep 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Mar 2018
anime-prime said:
One of the most emotionally depressing episode so far.

It feels like the next return by death will be the last (of part one anyway). Subaru should have enough information now and enough of a drive to try as hard as he ever had before. Additionally, it is best when a narrative has an upward scale, either of fights or of emotional drama, and since I find it hard for another episode to top this one emotionally, it makes sense for this to be the last one before a breakthrough happens.

As much as I like it, I still feel like the episode count up until now could have been condensed a bit. The exposition dumps don't help much. Even though they are needed, there are better ways of giving audiences information than just dumping it in occasional soliloquies.

Absolutely not, in fact the anime is condensing a bit too much. Re:ZERO is the kind of mystery series that makes heavy use of Chekhov's guns and asks its audience to constantly think while also delivering an engaging character drama, and you can't do that without the proper puzzle pieces. Information is revealed gradually and in a natural way between characters, and that is good.
Sep 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
Roswaal donuted not 1 but 2 characters today.
Dio could never hold a candle to Roswaal-sama.

I reject my humanity, Subaru-kun!

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.