Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 8:34 PM

May 2011
Rinalyn said:
Yes! I was hoping Subaru survived after being mauled by those Mabeasts. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

At least he's starting to graduate from dying every episode. Now he's ALMOST dying every episode.
Jun 5, 2016 8:34 PM

Apr 2015
i didnt pay attention to this in episode, but now its fucking adorable.

Jun 5, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2016
Was very pleasantly surprised to find out Ram (best girl Spring 2016) wasn't going to be extremely Op (cough cough Reinhard and Rem) although I thought Subaru's plan was one of the dumbest things ive seen

other than that it was a really nice episode hopefully they dont leave Ram as a half useless character since she and Rem are probably my favorite characters in the series thus far, I also liked how they brought back that little dog thing in this episode even if it was only for a moment it'll probably have a bigger role in the next episode
4/5
Jun 5, 2016 9:11 PM

Dec 2014
I was like maybe now he will die... the twins are so interesting in their own way..... kinda interesting how they get suddenly insane
Jun 5, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 2015
jakobpablo said:
Was very pleasantly surprised to find out Ram (best girl Spring 2016) wasn't going to be extremely Op (cough cough Reinhard and Rem) although I thought Subaru's plan was one of the dumbest things ive seen

other than that it was a really nice episode hopefully they dont leave Ram as a half useless character since she and Rem are probably my favorite characters in the series thus far, I also liked how they brought back that little dog thing in this episode even if it was only for a moment it'll probably have a bigger role in the next episode
4/5

I think he's smart with that intention, but he doesn't know much about Ram powers
he only knows about her wind magic

Jun 5, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
Cmterio said:
i didnt pay attention to this in episode, but now its fucking adorable.

think i just died again...
Jun 5, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again. So glad Subaru survived.

They played both the OP and ED :D

Emilia's sleeping face so cute <3
Ram was cute in this episode too.

It was nice seeing the townsfolk and the kids thanks Subaru.
Subaru's heroic speech was awesome.

The action was so intense, Rem rampaging was epic as always.
Subaru is so hilarious at times, Laughed so hard when he asked Ram not to get mad, Laughed even more when he failed to hit Rem for the first time. XD

Loved that final part where Subaru was plunged into the air, Flying strike made it more epic xD
Hope they kill that puppy next episode, That face belies the evil within :3
Jun 5, 2016 9:44 PM

Jun 2016
I like this episode It is awesome I like rem chan She is so cool Though I want to see Reinhard van astrea soon though

Jun 5, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2015
Disappointed that I didn't see her panties. sigh.
Jun 5, 2016 10:22 PM

Feb 2016
Why is this anime so good?
Jun 5, 2016 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
360AttAck said:

Because it is a rare case of a studio doing an amazing job of adapting the great source material while having great animation and absolutely fantastic voice acting
Jun 5, 2016 10:29 PM
Sep 2015
ttcchen said:
EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO #89 BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS. I'M TIRED OF COPYING AND PASTING!
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
For those who might be confused, this is what happened.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

This wasn't confusing at all. What's your problem?
Jun 5, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is absolutely amazing!
Emilia was so cute sleeping near Subaru :3
So Rem decided to kill that puppy that left a curse on Subaru.
More details were revealed about Rem & Ram demonic powers, and from what we saw in that flashback from the past, Ram probably had cut her horn to save Rem...

I can't really wait for that day that Subaru will tell them what happens when he die.

Finally a cute face from Ram :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 5, 2016 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
Pikellaneous said:
ttcchen said:
EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO #89 BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS. I'M TIRED OF COPYING AND PASTING!
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
For those who might be confused, this is what happened.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

Lol. The guy edited the post saying to check out post #89 and it gets ignored completely.

Anyway, did someone say the final episode would be like a double episode? I've actually been hoping that was the case, and if it's true that's fantastic :D

Subaru survived, woo.
Good to see the kids back on their feet :D
Rem in her demon mode is..wow. Amazing.
Lol @ Ram flying through the sky. I think I saw her panties as he was throwing her. xD
SandyBoiJun 5, 2016 10:34 PM
Jun 5, 2016 10:35 PM
Sep 2015
SandyBoi said:
Pikellaneous said:

Lol. The guy edited the post saying to check out post #89 and it gets ignored completely.

Anyway, did someone say the final episode would be like a double episode? I've actually been hoping that was the case, and if it's true that's fantastic :D

Subaru survived, as predicted :D
Rem in her demon mode is..wow.
Lol @ Ram flying through the sky. I think I saw her panties as he was throwing her. xD

Whoops! I missed that somehow. *bows out*
Jun 5, 2016 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
The cliffhanger.... The waiting... It hurts.

I love their conversation while they were in the forest
Jun 5, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2015
animuking said:

Black as night

Jun 5, 2016 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
L-Ryoshi said:

Yeah..... still don't like his greedy attitude of doing things he knows is outside his own abilities and wanting to save everyone when he knows he himself doesn't have the ability/power to do so.

Yeah, that gets worse actually and I am interested to see how people reacts to it soon lol.
Jun 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2016
360AttAck said:

Well Because Its story awesome and characters are good

Jun 5, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2016
AivanK said:
More details were revealed about Rem & Ram demonic powers, and from what we saw in that flashback from the past, Ram probably had cut her horn to save Rem...

I can't really wait for that day that Subaru will tell them what happens when he die.

I agree with you this anime is awesome I love Rem and Emilia

Jun 5, 2016 10:57 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh the waits every week are killing me xD
Lol at Puck's reenactment of the dogs while they 'nommed' on Subaru
We got some nice convos between Ram-chi and Subaru, and I liked what Subaru did with Return by Death's restriction on speaking, it was a cool idea and I'm glad it payed off.
So he cut off Rem-rim's horn then? Please kill off that horrible dog-shaman next ep xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 5, 2016 11:01 PM

Dec 2008
ttcchen said:
I watched the chinese raws and the way they translated that was ambiguous, and after putting myself in the mindset of an anime-only, i found myself unable to fully understand the situation. I have yet watch the english subbed so maybe it was translated better in that version.

:P along with the animation explaining it the translation looked really simple...
Jun 5, 2016 11:26 PM

Jun 2014
MAn I hate having to wait a week for each episode. I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 5, 2016 11:43 PM
May 2016
A great episode, damn cliffhanger again, this is really a pain in the ass ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Jun 5, 2016 11:55 PM

Jan 2015
Yoo Rem trying to save Subaru herself.
Just ask Roswall, I bet that fucka could clear the whole forest by himself.
Don't push a loli too much!!
Ram wind logia confirmed.
Ayy the dark hand, I think it might be a curse of Satella
Now that I think about it, it's called the "witch's scent" so it definitely is connected to Satella
Just kill that fucking puppy
Rem very skrong
3.4/5
Jun 6, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
This arc is getting a little tiresome, I'll be glad when its over.
Jun 6, 2016 12:06 AM

Aug 2015
Can someone please just kill that evil puppy already?!
Jun 6, 2016 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
Kirigiri50 said:
AivanK said:

Their charm is in their intelligence and maturity, more than in their looks... But their looks complement it... It's the perfect mix of looking young, while having a developed mind... Were she not, she wouldn't have handled Subaru so well like that; it's beautiful to see.
Jun 6, 2016 12:35 AM

Jun 2016
iRels said:
Kirigiri50 said:

Their charm is in their intelligence and maturity, more than in their looks... But their looks complement it... It's the perfect mix of looking young, while having a developed mind... Were she not, she wouldn't have handled Subaru so well like that; it's beautiful to see.

Lol so true @Irels I agree I am looking forward to next episode of this anime I really want to see more of Reinhard Van Astrea though

Jun 6, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2016
Is Emilia regulated to a side character most of the time or just for this arc?
Jun 6, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2010
Midou89 said:
Like the anime but kind of wish this arc would have ended this episode.

10 episodes in and it seems like we still haven't got what the main plot is going to be.

This is the main plot. All the arcs of this show are intertwined wit each other and do not take place in vacuum.
Jun 6, 2016 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
Sometimes791 said:
purpleninja0006 said:

It would be amazing if they ended on a double episode

It's already been confirmed.

It's actually confirmed to NOT be the case.
The last BD contains episodes 24 and 25 but a runtime of only 50 minutes.
Jun 6, 2016 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
So if this scene (of the puppy's power):

...was shown before this one (in the previous episode):

... instead of only this one:

... it'd then not be considered a flaw by some.
Jun 6, 2016 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Chdata said:
Fai said:
So as I guessed, it seems that Ram already got over whatever happened int heir past while Rem did not.
And yeah this confirms that the beasts are attracted by witch's smell. And just like I guessed, they seem to be angered by it. But this yet again brings up the question I had last week - why would they attack something that indicates their creator? More baffling mysteries.

Either way this episode pretty much solidified Rem and Ram as best girls of the show, leaving under-developed Emilia in the dust. Really hope she will eventually get more depth than being a "waifu prize" for Subaru. Still think she might be Satella and if its true that could pay off, otherwise no idea. Talking about the demon sisters though, It was kind of interesting how Rem has a kind of a role of a berserker warrior, while Ram has to rely on magic because of her lack of horn.

Pacing wise, this felt like an in-between episode and sadly the transition from last week to this week felt a bit abrupt and badly handled - having Puck just recap what happened while Subaru was out felt very disconnected from last week. There are better ways to direct such a transition and the way the show did it here felt a bit too dry.
Alas by the time they got into the forest, the show became good yet again and the episode was enjoyable and well paced till the end with some very great action sequences and conversations.

I hope that ending does not mean that Rem would lose her badass berserker form....

Overall a solid 4/5

Say I'm a made evil jealous scientist warlock and I create some homonculi just so I can perform tests on them and torture them.

How would they feel towards me as a creator?

;p

That's what I think too. Although I doubt the Witch was so powerful to create something from nothing, and she just used existing life-form to create the Mabeasts (maybe some dogs? they look very similar to Doberman). And so it's no wonder they hate and attack anything that has the Witch scent.

AnimeAdamOP said:
Surprised no one is talking about the blue-haired girl. I'm wondering what her connection is to all of this. I suspect she might be partially controlling the mabeasts and the one responsible for the breaking of the barrier. She is the one that led Subaru to the bald dog to be bit when he was making all the villagers touch him. She was the one that was in a separate location from the kids. She was also not back in the village from what we saw from their little reunion with Subaru this episode.

I noticed this too but can't figure out what her connection to the shaman-dog or curse is. What is really intriguing thou, is the fact that no one seems to care if she is alive or not. What is even stranger, is the fact that even Subaru seems to not care, as he did not ask anyone about her and her whereabouts.
Jun 6, 2016 1:06 AM

Mar 2016
Didn't enjoy this episode as much as previous ones. Pucks clapping was cute. ;)
Jun 6, 2016 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
And yumm, those delicious moves of Rem:
Jun 6, 2016 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
What an episode! WOW 10/10

Jun 6, 2016 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
Midou89 said:
Like the anime but kind of wish this arc would have ended this episode.

10 episodes in and it seems like we still haven't got what the main plot is going to be.

Subaru trying to survive and solve situations he is in, while learning more about the world and situation he got into, IS the plot.
Jun 6, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2015
ZickZack said:
animuking said:

Black as night

I know. I paused and paused only to be disappointed every time.

All I want is some maid pantsu.
Jun 6, 2016 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
This anime always proves itself beyond my expectations. Like I do expect a lot of good stuff but when I watch the next episode, it never fails to go BEYOND my expectations. We get some information ( kinda ) this week. Rem was just so badass and kinda scary this episode. I literally lost it when she jumped down the mountain and looked at Subaru and attacked him. So it really is a "berserk" mode where she can't control her power. Too bad Ram doesn't have a horn, looks like there's a flashback for it.. hope we find out what actually happened to her horn soon. Assuming from this episode, I'm thinking Rem will lose her horn.. I really hope that won't happen though. But like Subaru seemed to put ALOT of power into the sword.. not to mention he was in the air (falling down = more power due to gravity I guess?). Can't wait for next episode. Really strange no one talks about that blue hair braid girl... she literally didn't even appear in the village, no one talked about her. I wonder who the heck she is. No Roswaal this episode. Wonder what's up with him. Hope he makes an appearance next episode. Less screen time for Emilia and Puck. Interesting Subaru acted as a bait by trying to tell about return by death, very clever indeed.
Jun 6, 2016 2:26 AM

Sep 2015
The clunk sound at the end though.... oooo
Jun 6, 2016 2:52 AM

Sep 2015
I need to know what happens next, this anime has so many cliffhangers.
Jun 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
Idk the whole Rem going all berserk demon felt a bit cliched honestly..
Though it did bring in some nice action. Not to mention the way Ram sliced those beasts with wind magic was just savage xD

That last swing tho.. My only concern was what if he ended up hitting her head/neck by accident ? ._. I mean, that blade is sharp, no ?
Jun 6, 2016 4:25 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ram's wind magic is cool as heck, gotta love how she got more screetine this episode.

Poor sword, it lasts only for a short time, hopefully the sharpest sword in the village is sharp enough to cut down something unusual

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 6, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2014
That was the worst timing to cut it off. This anime sure feel like it end in a blink.

After experiencing death that much of times, he sure started to build an 'immunity' to the dread of dying. I sure he hope he won't be dying again anytime soon, fear is essential in living after all. It wpuld be really sad if he eventually thought of dying as something of normalcy.

And I hope Subaru will eventually learn something so he can properly fight, his kind of fight right now is by sacrificing himself and yeah, it's certainly not healthy for both your body and soul.
Jun 6, 2016 4:54 AM

Apr 2010
Jun 6, 2016 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Genjutsuhh said:
Though it did bring in some nice action. Not to mention the way Ram sliced those beasts with wind magic was just savage xD

That last swing tho.. My only concern was what if he ended up hitting her head/neck by accident ? ._. I mean, that blade is sharp, no ?

Is 'savage' the word of the moment? Kinda disgusts me that everyone (seemingly) suddenly started using it on the internet. No offense intended, btw.

About the 'berserk state' - I don't think I've seen it many times in anime... I remember in Evangelion, and in One Punch... If it's easy for you, maybe you could listen a few more times where it's done? Oh and I think it possibly happened in Hellsing... But where else? And was it triggered by an uncontrollable ability, or an unstable emotional state? In Evangelion it'd be the latter, so not entirely the same thing (same for Hellsing)...
Jun 6, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2015
I wonder why didnt subaru ask Betty to help him? .__. is it due to the distance from the mansion?
Jun 6, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
iRels said:
Genjutsuhh said:

Is 'savage' the word of the moment? Kinda disgusts me that everyone (seemingly) suddenly started using it on the internet. No offense intended, btw.

About the 'berserk state' - I don't think I've seen it many times in anime... I remember in Evangelion, and in One Punch... If it's easy for you, maybe you could listen a few more times where it's done? Oh and I think it possibly happened in Hellsing... But where else? And was it triggered by an uncontrollable ability, or an unstable emotional state? In Evangelion it'd be the latter, so not entirely the same thing (same for Hellsing)...

Nah its not like I said so just to go by trend, I did feel fitting for the moment (to me at least) I mean seriously the way she sliced em in half... It was pretty savage... no ?... ok ( ._.).. And btw no prob, no offense taken ^^

Yeah it is certainly something you see happening a lot actually (Mostly in battle shounens) though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing. It all depends on how you go about portraying it. I can see that you haven't watched a lot (Of course, I don't mean that in a bad way) so I can understand why you haven't seen it happen much.

As for listing a few, It's not something I can exactly remember up front but I guess the most recent would be in Owari no Seraph. Regarding if it was an uncontrollable ability or unstable emotions, I'd say both.
Jun 6, 2016 5:16 AM

Apr 2015
wait... is this episode really 25 min?? it feels like only 10 min... it went too fast...
no... another cliffhanger. i think the sword broke again...
Ram stole the show with her 500k volts smile and really love that scene where Ram flies... lol
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
Yesterday, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1725 by __kitooo »»
Jun 10, 11:29 PM

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.