Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2023 1:32 PM
Apr 2023
when Stark did the lighting strike, was a nice touch to see the lightning attack first then the thunder later
Nov 3, 2023 1:36 PM

Jan 2017
From now on, this series sists comfortably as an Anime of The Year contender, at least visually, personally the best looking show this year.
Nov 3, 2023 1:40 PM
Sep 2021
Masterpiece. I love this episode and really hope there will be more like this one.
Nov 3, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2018
They adapted my all time favorite fights in this episode, and did them so well. Fern's calm deconstruction of Luger and his bravado was so swift and clean. While Stark being tossed around until he remembered his Master's lesson about being the last one standing was brutal and effective. Just a perfect dichotomy that showcases the effects of Confidence, both the lack and overabundance of.
Nov 3, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2017
This whole episode was a visual orgasm from beginning to end
Nov 3, 2023 1:56 PM
Apr 2022
this episode honestly convinced me for Good that Frieren is by far the best anime of the season. in my opinion, it beat JJK easily, even in the animation department, with the fights this episode being better than any jjk fight (except the bathroom one). This anime is giving me serious violet evergarden vibes, especially thanks to the gorgious music, but the animation might honestly be just as good as Violet evergarden's as well.
Nov 3, 2023 2:34 PM
Aug 2019
If this is not great than what is 👏
Nov 3, 2023 2:45 PM

Sep 2018
In an already amazing anime it takes quite a bit to make an episode stand out, but this one really did.

So intense I almost ecsta-pee'd !?

borderlinerNov 3, 2023 2:51 PM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 3, 2023 2:49 PM

Mar 2017
@Geeljire He doesn't deserve that big Toblerone

Nov 3, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2023
the truth I thought it would cost stark less to kill the demon girl, but it cost him almost his life, fern is literally too powerful, with a minimum effort she killed the demon king and I expect the same from frieren, although the aura technique consists in that if the rival has less magic power than her, she automatically turns him into her puppet, and she has an abysmal magic power, although frieren is not far behind, that fact scares me a little bit.

Nov 3, 2023 2:52 PM

Sep 2007
I had quite the expectations for the animation in this and next episode, but they really delivered.
Nov 3, 2023 3:00 PM
Apr 2020
Bad ass fight, bad ass camera angle, bad ass episode!!!
looking forward for more...
Nov 3, 2023 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
Holy shit man, the art and animation this episode were something else. The final shot showing Stark and demon girl charging each other where the sky is lit up with magic from Fren's fight was so sick.
Nov 3, 2023 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
With the episode's title in mind, I thought that the majority of it would be focused on Frieren against Aura. While that battle had some good exposure, the battle that got more screentime was involving Fern and Stark. Regardless, it doesn't change just how insane this episode was as a whole. =)

The animation was a thing of beauty to behold. Not only the character's movements, both combat and non-combat animation, looked so smooth and impressive, but even the background being animated alongside the characters during the battles was a thing to behold. Fern and Stark had a tough fight against Lugner and Linie respectively, with Stark having a tougher time since Linie was mimicking the same fighting style as Eisen, which did put him on the back foot for the whole fight. While he was almost down and out, he did recall Eisen's lessons which helped him back up and finally go on the counter offensive, which made a hell of a difference, helping him to win his fight. In doing so, it made Lugner lose his concentration for a split second, which was plenty enough time for Fern to finish him off as well.

While Stark's flashback timing here does warrant legitimate reasons for nitpicking the use of this flashback trope, it was still integrated so seamlessly and fittingly that I can't really complain about it at all. ^^;

I do highly look forward to seeing more of Frieren against Aura. Their fight so far was insightful into how Aura's abilities works and seeing what Frieren can do to counter that. It doesn't matter to me if the remainder of their fight is short or long, I simply hope that the production values will hit the same level as it did for this episode.
Nov 3, 2023 3:24 PM

Aug 2022
Fuck yeah! They did it! I honestly thought that Frieren would have to come and help them, but I'm really glad that wasn't the case.
Nov 3, 2023 3:30 PM

Sep 2014
Absolutely goated episode! This is how action should look like! All the "big action studios" should take notes.

The episode was titled after Aura and Frieren got a cool setup last ep, yet they didnt bother to show us the fight because its probably so utterly onesided in Frierens favour they instead showed us her companions beating the demons.

I am really loving this show right now, not even sad its not the emotional SoL I expected it to be
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 3, 2023 3:30 PM
Jul 2019
absolute flames holy shit
Nov 3, 2023 3:39 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to Embient
8:52 daaaamn this clothing animation. 10:43 Here too. They really went all-out on clothes this episode.
16:00 Does Balterie mean anything? All names in this have been in German so far but the translator doesn't bring up anything.
21:45 Erfassen means "capture" apparently.
22:21 Had to rewind this to see that Stark actually slashed her. I wish there was a slash sound. But still this is epic af
This is definitely top 5 most well-animated anime this year.
@Embient in German subs they put "Valterie" which according to some German naming websites is composed of

old German "waltan" - modern german "walten, herrschen, der herrscher" - english "to rule, the ruler"
and
old German "heri" - modern German "das Heer, der Krieger" - english "the army, the warrior"
Nov 3, 2023 3:43 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to SDA0
@Embient Balterie is a mistranslation in the crunchyroll subs it should be "arterie" which is the german word for artery

Correction: apperantly in the manga the attack is called "bluterie" which still is not a german word, maybe it is a combination of "blut" meaning blood and "erie" probably being the last few charachters of "arterie", so a blood artery? Either way I think artery has something to do with it because the attack looks like one.
@SDA0 in German Crunchyroll sub it's "Valerie" but yeah I think "Bluterie" makes more sense since it literally is blood he's using with his magic
Nov 3, 2023 3:49 PM
Apr 2021
pico de qualidade em todas as competências possíveis!
Nov 3, 2023 3:53 PM
Mar 2019
Fern, and Stark had GREAT teachers. Enough said. :)
Nov 3, 2023 4:12 PM
Mar 2016
this anime just keep giving
Nov 3, 2023 4:28 PM
May 2021
elf apprentices claps demon king followers
Nov 3, 2023 4:42 PM
Dec 2021
The only problem is that fights and stunning visuals attract the worst crowd, the battle shounen crowd.
Remember that this is not about fights...
Nov 3, 2023 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
it wont let megive an opion or reply but this wa an epic epee
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 3, 2023 4:50 PM
May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
Great episode, it was nice seeing Fern and Stark fighting on their own without the help of Frieren.

Though I still don't understand why Linie didn't finish Stark off...
@MadanielFL She´s a demon. Who cares about some stupid, weak human? What is he gonna do? That´s probably her thoughts. Throughout the whole battle, even though Stark kept getting back up, she never got the sense that he could beat her.
...she was wrong.
Nov 3, 2023 4:55 PM
May 2022
They weren´t joking when they said the animation would be great. It really looks beautiful. The fights are outstanding, but small stuff like Stark putting on his jacket really shows how much can be done if there is time for it.
Can´t wait for the next episode, this show doesn´t disappoint.
Nov 3, 2023 4:59 PM
Nov 2016
Another pretty damn good episode, these last 3 episodes has been fantastic, no quality drop or anything like that yet and I hope it stays that way, so far this anime is pretty consistent with the quality so all good in that regard, let's see if this anime will stay like that in the 2nd half, this is where lots of animes lose quality, but so far so good here.

Another 5/5 episode.
Nov 3, 2023 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Cheesebourger
@Yuu_Kanzaki First of all, If that's a spoiler, don't spoil please

Secondly, I feel the same way and rly hope that Frieren vs. Aura rly happens
@SoulFire_Anime Huh? I thought this was an episode discussion?

People shouldn't be here if they haven't watched the episode yet.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 3, 2023 5:10 PM

Oct 2020
While I love the world building and story this anime has, the fight seems are pretty awesome as well
Nov 3, 2023 5:16 PM
May 2022
Crazy seeing the fight scenes this good considering they weren’t this bombastic in the manga. Not saying that as a bad thing I just weren’t expecting them to to go this hard. Wonderful episode once again. All that’s left is to take out Aura
Nov 3, 2023 5:21 PM
Feb 2021
probably the best episode i ever watched
Nov 3, 2023 5:24 PM
Oct 2016
We got treated to some incredible fights this episode! Frieren going to confront Aura directly outside the town, she did say ending this quickly would be the best course of action so going straight to the evil demon is totally Frieren style. The cool calmness that Frieren has makes it even better since she knows exactly how this is going to go. Aura may have that powerful scales magic but Frieren definitely has more mana that Aura hence why she hasn't used the scales on Frieren yet. Just a tease of their fight this episode until we get more next week.

Fern and Stark fighting the other two demons each. Leaving the town leader at a guarded church while they try to get Frieren to deal with all the demons. Ludger snagging some of his blood on Fern so that he instantly attacks them. Fern being singled out since he wants revenge for surprising him before, showing further that these demons are prideful creatures. Fern mage battle mode was amazing! The animation while she zipped around firing spells at rapid pace looked incredible. She's got speed all day to keep blasting away at any defenses Ludger tried with his blood magic. Being completely overwhelmed by her pace of fire and falling. Stark having to dig deep once again thinking back to his masters training. This demon girl being able to mimic any fighter she sees and having seen Eisen himself before its very surreal for Stark go fight her. A very important lesson to always get up, especially in a fight you can't fall and Stark doesn't here. Luring the girl in by taking that hit to his side and slicing her in half. Each of the students won their fights so now we need to see Frieren do the same.
Nov 3, 2023 5:30 PM
Jun 2020
Amazing fight scenes. The animation is top notch.
Nov 3, 2023 5:35 PM

Mar 2020
Seriously. The word I can describe for this show is its really a masterpiece or perfect (for me ofc). The plot, characters, animation etc... Since episode 1 it's been consistent. Just wow I have no issues. I love the small details in just a simple conversation scenes when they moved it's so realistic and smooth. It's always been like that every episode. And now the fights are just wow I love the angles and the sakugas. We have likable characters like frieren and fern and there's our funny stark. How the plot delivered is just so interesting and hooks you up.
Zorosuke_Nov 3, 2023 6:02 PM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 3, 2023 5:36 PM
Aug 2018
With each episode it gets better and better!
Nov 3, 2023 5:38 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 3, 2023 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
Anime of the year.
Nov 3, 2023 5:57 PM

Mar 2019
R.I.P. demon loli, I won't miss you. ╮⁠(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠╭
Nov 3, 2023 6:11 PM

Jun 2019
Wow this episode is so good. Beats all other action animes this season.
Nov 3, 2023 6:11 PM
Jun 2020
sofia and andrew reaction: super good ep i love this show
Nov 3, 2023 6:12 PM

Nov 2019
The young ones are strong, too! Applause!
Nov 3, 2023 6:13 PM
Jul 2023
holy sh##. yet another banger of an episode.
Nov 3, 2023 6:13 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Great episode as always, and absurd animation holy shit.
Nov 3, 2023 6:17 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Akihara_Jim
If the fight has less conversation it would be peak (just a nitpicking)

But damn this episode is really good. For non battle show the fight animation is really Godly.

-------

This show really almost has all of em:

Chill moment - Great character development - Great battle scenes animation + no fanservice.

The only thing that missing is the stakes, but no one come & watch Frieren for the heavy stakes lol. I really love this episode & love this series.

10/10
@Akihara_Jim
I don't think Frieren is going to or meant to be all about the stakes. If you want some stakes go watch Attack on Titan's finale, now THAT has some stakes on it.
Nov 3, 2023 6:22 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
WOW this was good. What a feast on the eyes
Nov 3, 2023 6:35 PM
Shameless
Oct 2022
fight went crazy, fern is actually strong
Nov 3, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to Akihara_Jim
If the fight has less conversation it would be peak (just a nitpicking)

But damn this episode is really good. For non battle show the fight animation is really Godly.

-------

This show really almost has all of em:

Chill moment - Great character development - Great battle scenes animation + no fanservice.

The only thing that missing is the stakes, but no one come & watch Frieren for the heavy stakes lol. I really love this episode & love this series.

10/10
@Akihara_Jim the fanservice is seeing Frieren being groggy in the morning
Nov 3, 2023 6:42 PM

May 2015
This show is already so pretty, but the action scenes this episode were drop dead gorgeous! Stark might be a coward but his body is definitely strong enough to tank whatever his opponents dish out. It might just take him a bit to realize this. It was a really cool moment when Fern and Lügners battle turned into the background for Starks and Linies.
Nov 3, 2023 6:58 PM
Nov 2019
emng murid murid para pahlawan terlalu OP
My Candies :
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

35 by Scyon »»
10 hours ago

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Yesterday

15 by Mdraj6996 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

333 by haminshamin »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
May 31, 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.