Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2022
This is just the beginning 🗿
Jun 7, 2023 12:11 PM

Feb 2022
They addressed a couple of significant story elements with aqua's inner monologue exposition, about his actual feelings about Ai and the way he is mentally after being reincarnated. So he's not entirely an adult mentally and is influenced by his teenage body basically, and it was even worse in his younger years, though they didn't really showed it. I'd rather he doesn't lean too much into his teen self it's more interesting him being an old guy as he was. And he basically admitted that he might be in love with his mother which is always a great confession. :d
Jun 7, 2023 12:12 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Freaking love the voice acting in this, from everyone, but especially for Kana's character

Aqua may be going a bit Ayanokouji here, but I'm glad that for the most part he was honest to Akane about his feelings toward her. Not the whole truth, but most of it at least.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 7, 2023 12:18 PM

Feb 2016
animejas said:
Didn't like nor care for the story beats much in this buildup episode with Aqua and Akane's relationship here compared to some of the previous couple episodes as expected, but the production still looks and feels top-tier. I'm much more impressed with Doga Kobo than the actual show itself, as while the enjoyment of the story and characters for me is wildly inconsistent to the point where I don't even know how to feel about the anime, the production visually and sonically is as consistent and quality as it can be from the first episode till now. I hope they continue to expand their range and pick up some other character-drama series to animate besides Oshi no Ko soon.
I agree, I was mildly invested in Akane when she appeared, but as of now that investment has settled down and I don't think it will potentially make me care that much about the story, at least not in the positive way I was expecting. Doga Kobo is indeed excelling on the production values, although I'm mostly indifferent towards that, but I'll at least praise that. 

I doubt the show at this rate will be able to catch me back, but I really hope it gets better for me.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 7, 2023 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
The cucking is real, and hawt damn it feels like the blonde lad is gathering up a harem.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 7, 2023 12:38 PM

Sep 2018
Oh boy, this just gets more and more convoluted, more intriguing, and somehow sadder with each episode.

Is there is nothing Aqua will not leverage for his revenge, no-one he will not use and no way in which he will not use them?

I know it's all borne out of his love for Ai, and somehow he's managed to use people without causing any lasting damage, but somewhere down the line he may be in danger of becoming truly malevolent.

Kana is the one I feel for the most, she's loved Aqua for the longest time and surely deserves his love in return.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 7, 2023 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
Episode 8 has been amazing no more no less, enjoyed it like nothing else so far this year in terms of anime.
Jun 7, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2011
This anime had so many cool routes to follow. The Dr/Patient being reincarnated, finding out who the father is, etc.

but instead the author decided to stretch it out by making this useless background character a main character.

shes garbage

2/10.

Jun 7, 2023 12:40 PM

Apr 2022
Not a single bad episode yet, and there's just three left in the season. AOTS for sure, hopefully not of the year.
Jun 7, 2023 12:48 PM
Feb 2023
I was probably the only one who was sad when the parted ways at the end.
Jun 7, 2023 12:49 PM
Mar 2019
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IDOL MEMMMMMMMMM AAHHHHHH
Jun 7, 2023 12:53 PM
May 2023
haha funny aftermath of suicidal thoughts
Jun 7, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2020
me when aqua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 7, 2023 12:58 PM
Aug 2022
Softhenic03 said:
Well ignoring just how perfectly Akane impersonated Ai, I swear watching the dude getting all red and bashful after seeing the shadow of her “mother” into Akane was unbearable as to say the least. I mean give me fucking break bro, I can understand if it’s Ai herself who came before you and then you got a bit flustered but hey it’s just some random girl whom you’ve met not too long ago, who’s just ACTING for her own sake.. and you got all bashful lmaooo. Some 40 year old man this is.

Being near Akane makes him beet-red, so dude decided why not spend some time with another girl and develop some resistance to his infatuation with Ai. I mean that catching ball segment between him and Kana was actually kind of sweet, though to be honest anything with Kana in it is good anyways. But you know the moment we jumped back to the dating show set, and saw Akane actually revealing some HUGE things, which she learned while studying Ai’s character was bone-chilling. Holy christ, she got everything on point.

Then came the CRINGIEST moment of this series. Felt it strongly while reading it too back then and then felt the same while watching it now… when Aqua kissed Akane, just because he thought she an indispensable tool, and he needs her going forward. FUCKKKKKKK…. get your hands off the best girl, though I guess we a bit too late. She's already tool-zoned.

Wannabe edgelord now even has Akane on his side, and heck he even invited Memcho to come and join B-Komachi. Why these girls… man. 

im more intruiged with how you haven't dropped the series yet lol
Jun 7, 2023 1:02 PM
Nov 2022
"my life a buisness" -Aquamarine Hoshino
Jun 7, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
It seems that whatever Akane is doing to imitate Ai as much as she can, it's very alarming for a paradigm shift amongst the Love Now staff and cast to follow her lead. And Mem-cho is feeling the pinch that Aqua's like a loyal dog to Akane, but that his simping for his m other is what developed this strange murder-obssession behaviour in the first place. And while Kana is offended about the show's direction, Ruby could instantly tell that Akane has Ai's personality down to a T. The relationship between mother and child, or rather, the idol and fan, the drawing line blurs. This is when Aqua casually finds Kana to spend time together skipping school...and playing baseball to pass the time, she's developing feelings for him while staying casual as well. Kana asking Aqua on who will he be vying for, but this is probably the last thing on his mind, though he doesn't mind a girl older than him...which both Kana and Akane are potential candidates. The clear ghost of Ai in Akane, it might be living a dream outlived, but her obsessive research on Ai is what breaks him, and causes him to lunge himself towards her with a kiss, that's nothing more than just business: Akane will be a valuable and indispensable tool to him.

The Aqua-Akane couple is confirmed with the conclusion of Love Now, but in reality, models and idols have no time for things like relationships, and even if theydo, it's voluntarily up to them to decide on their lives going forward. while the entertainment industry continues to hammer down hell on everyone. That said, the candid raw footage to the public is always a no-no in this ironclad industry, though Aqua is well aware and kept within the confines of his contract. Akane undoubtedly still thinks that Aqua has the hots for her, but in reality, he's only interested in her as an actress, and keeping it work-related is the best solution, since Yuki and Nobu got together after the show wrapped up. For MEM-cho, this side gig is memorable, though in her real heart, she wanted to be an idol from the start. And since B Komachi has just restarted, this would be an opportunity for her.

Love for work, that's normal...but how will the red thread of love go for Aqua?
Jun 7, 2023 1:03 PM
Nov 2022
broooo soo much happened can't wait for the next episode
Jun 7, 2023 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
team akane lets gooooo
Apr 2023
damn every episodes of Oshi no Ko i feel the goosebumps...
Dec 2021
great episode as usual
Jun 7, 2023 1:14 PM
Apr 2021
It's great to see oshi no ko back after last week's delay. it's really thrilling to see akane imitating ai. F is for arima kana.
sad for akane because it only uses aqua.

This anime is really good, I hope to hear about the sequel.
Jun 7, 2023 1:16 PM
Apr 2023
Pretty nice episode for what is was and established future relationships important to the story later on, im looking forward to seeing how true feeling’s develop later on
Jun 7, 2023 1:16 PM
Jan 2022
that kiss was unforgivable!!! damn you creator! i want to see the kiss between akua and Ruby 😶 i know i am a creepy guy but indeed i know the love
😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨whet ever ! i like anane but Ruby deserve the closest person to akua that's it 🙃
Jun 7, 2023 1:18 PM
Dec 2020
Akane "assuming" that Ai had a secret hidden child is awfully convenient

Mar 2021
Thank god he made it clear to her that the relationship is just within the realm of work. Otherwise It would hurt me to think she was being manipulated by him.
Mar 2023
Worse episode so far (not bad but the worse compared to last episode)
Jun 7, 2023 1:19 PM
Jan 2022
that kiss was belong to Ruby 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
Jun 7, 2023 1:20 PM
Jan 2023
still so captivating with amazing art style, this anime just keeps it going.
Jun 7, 2023 1:23 PM
Mar 2017
Doga kobo is GOAT. really good eps. I think a good anime like this should quickly get news of season 2
Jun 7, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2021
Really well animated baseball scene :D also was this the first time we see Aqua smile? 
Jun 7, 2023 1:31 PM
Mar 2017
awesome ep ngl i really enjoyed it so far
Jun 7, 2023 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
It's still pretty scary as to how Akane can copy Ai's personality almost to the point of perfection and her "assumptions" were completely spot on, which left Aqua rather speechless. It felt fitting that these two would be the "winning" couple of the reality T.V series with that kiss in the end, but during the after party, they felt more comfortable with having a working relationship. In a way, Aqua is using Akane for his own gain, but Akane seems to be fine with his decision and is hoping that this arrangement works out for them both.

I do feel sorry for Kana, though. I really loved her interactions with Aqua as they bunked off school for the day so they could play catch in a park while discussing at the same time. You can tell how much Kana was enjoying this, so seeing her looking rather sad at the outcome of the T.V series does hurt, as she's one of my favourite characters at the moment.

In my eyes, I think Mem-cho was the winner of this episode. Like with Kana, I really like her as a character and her scene with Aqua at the end of the episode only helped to solidify that position for me. She revealed to him that she tried to become an idol, but gave up that dream before going on to becoming a very successful YouTuber, but she was shocked to hear Aqua's proposal for her to join the new B Komachi idol group. The timing of the ED song that started playing as the scene switched to Mem-cho's reaction to Aqua's proposal was perfect! =)

I do hope that she agrees and joins B Komachi. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see if she does indeed join or not.
Jun 7, 2023 1:43 PM

Oct 2010
Previous episode had such a great build-up that resolution felt weak in comparison. Not bad just bar was quite high.
And since OP has B-Komachi B segment there were no surprise in the end.
I have mixed feelings on episode — nothing is wrong but excitement is missing.
Jun 7, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2021
Oshi no Ko Sweep !!!
Jun 7, 2023 1:58 PM
Feb 2020
they're fucking killing it man this is insanely good they shouldn't be able to get away with this
Jun 7, 2023 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
This is where I stopped reading manga and haven't touched it for almost 1 year lol. I just no longer felt interested. Maybe 3 remaining episodes will make me reconsider? I'll wait.
Jun 7, 2023 2:18 PM
Jun 2023
it was too good...
Jun 7, 2023 2:19 PM
Jun 2021
Aqua knows Akane is acting as Ai, he obviously doesn't fall far enough to be in a relationship with her outside work but seeing how Akani understands more about Ai than Aqua; he's gonna use her. Kana Arima is cute. And the vtuber girl, will she join the agency?
Jun 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Nov 2017
Great ep, Aqua is collecting girls for Strawberry Production like infinity stones, lol! How come this boy ain't the real CEO? :D He literally made ALL of the important decisions for the company..
Jun 7, 2023 2:35 PM
Jan 2023
LEST FUCKIN GO!!!!!
Jun 7, 2023 2:54 PM
Dec 2017
Each Wednesday, I can't wait to see my next episode of Oshi No Koi.
This one shows an other side of the showbusiness, how we can fake or not love story. Aqua x Akane can be interesting for next episodes.
I am scared about Aqua background when he was a doctor. Does he forget a lot of things before his second life. Akane is very impressive when she play a character and can be deeply faking AI.
New girl for the new B Komachi, it seems the new arc will begin with the girl band
3,5/5
Jun 7, 2023 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
ishinashi293 said:
Aqua turned on the simp mode from the settings lmao. The date with Kana hints that aqua has feelings for her but here we go NTR. Love triangle started.
Great episode like always
@Confused_100 Garbage opinions. Keep crying son of bitch. Great episode like always. cry and cope harder son of slut. Always making toxic and hate comments in every oshi no ko episodes. Reported you. Your opinion is shit. your taste is shit. your comments are shit. ep 2-5 great. this too. cope harder loser. Funny that you are one of the first persons that watch the episode. obsessed son of slut
Please report @Confused_100.
This loser is in every oshi no ko discussion episodes for spreading hate and toxicity toward the serie. downplay every episodes for jealousy. Downplay people opinions for like the anime. He is just a jealous cunt that hate the anime because is popular. He is obsessed and is one of the first persons that watch the episode. His pfp is Tokyo ghoul LOL. Please report :)

Go outside and get some help... What you are doing is sick and absolutely not normal. Just going outside and taking a deep breath of fresh air is more productive than what you are doing for idk how many months now.

Mods must be facepalming all the time whenever they see you do the same shit every single day and banning your alt accounts.
Jun 7, 2023 3:30 PM

Feb 2015
GTRaijin said:
ishinashi293 said:
Aqua turned on the simp mode from the settings lmao. The date with Kana hints that aqua has feelings for her but here we go NTR. Love triangle started.
Great episode like always
@Confused_100 Garbage opinions. Keep crying son of bitch. Great episode like always. cry and cope harder son of slut. Always making toxic and hate comments in every oshi no ko episodes. Reported you. Your opinion is shit. your taste is shit. your comments are shit. ep 2-5 great. this too. cope harder loser. Funny that you are one of the first persons that watch the episode.  obsessed son of slut
Please report @Confused_100.
This loser is in every oshi no ko discussion episodes for spreading hate and toxicity toward the serie. downplay every episodes for jealousy. Downplay people opinions for like the anime. He is just a jealous cunt that hate the anime because is popular. He is obsessed and is one of the first persons that watch the episode. His pfp is Tokyo ghoul LOL. Please report :)

Go outside and get some help... What you are doing is sick and absolutely not normal. Just going outside and taking a deep breath of fresh air is more productive than what you are doing for idk how many months now.

Mods must be facepalming all the time whenever they see you do the same shit every single day and banning your alt accounts.
Yes, I always see him with a new account just to comment on idiocy and make hateful comments hahaha and then the crybaby complains XD
Jun 7, 2023 3:35 PM

Oct 2021
Akane's killing it, amazing episode! 

She's too clever to get manipulated like that by aqua, and I loved that. She saw right through aqua when he was contemplating starting a fake relationship to use akane, and established what their relationship going forward would be rather than letting aqua decide. This way it works for both of them, without the lies in between.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Jun 7, 2023 4:19 PM

May 2014
Ai's not a very good liar after all. Akane just knows everything about her now.

I forgot about Akane apparently being a well known actress before being on the dating show. None of her fans were defending her during that whole fiasco earlier then? That's odd.

Looks like the idol unit will be complete now. I keep forgetting about Ruby's existence, so It'll be good if she gets more focus.
Jun 7, 2023 4:27 PM
Sep 2022
holy shit they played the depression scene perfect and just like in the manga got me looked in of her eyes
Jun 7, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 2021
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD
Jun 7, 2023 4:34 PM

Mar 2020
OMG, this show is so well written. Seeing Aqua blush made me think life is so worth it, haha. At first, I was kinda sad to think that Aqua is going to use Akane for his goal but I'm really happy that he tell Akane that this is a work-related situation, at the very least he telling her that much. I also love the idea of Aqua questioning what he thinks of Ai, cause I also wanna know about that.

I absolutely love how the show had me going from liking Akane because of her situation and sympathizing with her to genuinely loving her as a character. Love Akane when she is straightforward asking Aqua if this is a work thing or a serious relationship, and how she can tell that Aqua is not seeing her as a love interest.

And lastly, it is fantastic to know that Aqua said he doesn't see Akane as a love interest, but as an actress, she does attract him. I hope one-day Aqua can finally get rid of the past and move on with Akane, genuinely love her, and cherish her for real.
Jun 7, 2023 4:33 PM

Dec 2019
haha take the L Kana should've learned from Taiga's mistakes, Akane is just better
Jun 7, 2023 4:39 PM

Oct 2021
I feel bad for Kana having to see her crush Aqua kiss her rival Akane, but he's essentially just using her for potential knowledge on Ai. Another great episode.

P.S. That did kind of remind me of Light Yagami, although obviously with much more reasonable motivations.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

45 by SCAREDgorilla »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.