Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 13, 2023 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
AKANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

May 13, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2018
It's just all too fucking funny.

Nailing the absurdity of what is and isn't popular, leaning even harder into the "lies" the whole industry is built upon, but still showing the work that goes into the lies.

Aqua and Ruby are like the yin and yang of Ai (one all cynicism the other all sincerity)

Don't let anyone beat you to that "first kiss" Kana !!

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 13, 2023 3:22 PM
May 2023
I thought the direction and animation of the episode was very good
May 13, 2023 3:26 PM
Nov 2018
MarchinBunny said:
Royalty459 said:

I don't think anyone said they didn't enjoy the show. Just because we like something doesn't mean we can't critique or have some issues with it. You're trying really hard to justify this when it's commonly known that incest and age gap relationships are very common in anime. Also, Aqua literally said he doesn't know if his love for Ai is romantic or not implying he doesn't know why. Secondly, I'm not saying he's ONLY attracted to teenagers but so far, we've only seen him show any affection towards them and I'm predicting he's going to fall for the redhead girl. You can try to justify or defend my problems but it's not going to change how I feel. I can critique the anime and still love it overall

Didn't really say anything about whether or not you enjoyed the show. 

In terms of critiquing, it comes off more like you just want to complain at any hint of their being incest or age gaps within relationships even when that hint is honestly quite a stretch and just comes off like you are looking for it, and seeing it where it doesn't exist. Or you are not understanding the context of it all. And whether or not it's common in anime doesn't mean it's occurring here. And even if it was, as you said... it common. So why would you complain about it? That would be like me complaining about any hint of fan service. The heck are you watching anime if it bothers you? Just get over it already. XD
Now as for what Aqua says. Ya, he isn't really sure it was romantic love. And? That doesn't imply it was romantic love. The only thing it means is, he isn't sure. Which to be frank, is more honest than most people would be in such a situation.

I don't mind critiques, but I think your arguments have been pretty unsubstantiated, and you are blowing it way out of proportion. None of what he has shown to anyone comes off as romantic in nature. Also, affection isn't always someone trying to get romantic. I would even argue his actions and inner thoughts are a pretty good indication that it isn't romantic love.

Now as for me, I can't see him getting in a romantic relationship with anyone any time soon. Certainly not with the way he currently is. If he moves past the death of Ai, then maybe. But let's say it does occur, this is personally where I give in a bit. Cause when would it be ok for him to date anyone? There is always going to be an age gap. I think the obvious answer would be to not be Rudy from Mushoku Tensei lmao. Beyond that at least wait till it's legal. In this case 16 - 18 depending on where you live. How else would you go about this as someone who has been reincarnated? If you don't consider that moral, then when would it become moral and why? Any number you choose to me just would seem arbitrary. 

Now in terms of incest, personally I don't care. If two consenting adults who happen to be related with one another wanna date and they understand the complications that can occur in regards to procreation by doing so, and so they don't have kids. I don't at that point care. Would I think it's weird? Sure, it probably even pretty darn awkward the moment I find out. But you know what, it's not like it really matters. Nothing bad is going to happen. The world isn't going to implode.

Just because something is common in anime, doesn't mean it isn't weird or something I should accept. I also just feel like a lot of times it's unnecessary and a lot of anime would be good without it.

I don't even mind people who are reincarnated dating if they're mind is also adapting to their physical age but Aqua has also been mature since birth so it would be a little weird imo but at least he's not trying to groom or be a perv like Rudy as you mentioned.

Overall, I just personally don't see the appeal or reason to have it in here even if it is a small hint or implication because if it's not doing anything to the plot then why even have it in here? We'll just have to agree to disagree
May 13, 2023 3:57 PM
Apr 2021
Yeah that whole Pieyon segment had me fucking laughing in this episode they look so funny doing those exercises with the bird masks on😭😭😭😭😭😭

Cant wait for the next episode😄
May 13, 2023 4:03 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Worst episode so far,. I wanna see more theories and investigation methods...
screw the comedy
ryo-sanMay 13, 2023 5:01 PM

May 13, 2023 6:21 PM
Feb 2023
what was even with that chicken i was cringing the entire time
May 13, 2023 6:23 PM

Feb 2008
Royalty459 said:
MarchinBunny said:

Didn't really say anything about whether or not you enjoyed the show. 

In terms of critiquing, it comes off more like you just want to complain at any hint of their being incest or age gaps within relationships even when that hint is honestly quite a stretch and just comes off like you are looking for it, and seeing it where it doesn't exist. Or you are not understanding the context of it all. And whether or not it's common in anime doesn't mean it's occurring here. And even if it was, as you said... it common. So why would you complain about it? That would be like me complaining about any hint of fan service. The heck are you watching anime if it bothers you? Just get over it already. XD
Now as for what Aqua says. Ya, he isn't really sure it was romantic love. And? That doesn't imply it was romantic love. The only thing it means is, he isn't sure. Which to be frank, is more honest than most people would be in such a situation.

I don't mind critiques, but I think your arguments have been pretty unsubstantiated, and you are blowing it way out of proportion. None of what he has shown to anyone comes off as romantic in nature. Also, affection isn't always someone trying to get romantic. I would even argue his actions and inner thoughts are a pretty good indication that it isn't romantic love.

Now as for me, I can't see him getting in a romantic relationship with anyone any time soon. Certainly not with the way he currently is. If he moves past the death of Ai, then maybe. But let's say it does occur, this is personally where I give in a bit. Cause when would it be ok for him to date anyone? There is always going to be an age gap. I think the obvious answer would be to not be Rudy from Mushoku Tensei lmao. Beyond that at least wait till it's legal. In this case 16 - 18 depending on where you live. How else would you go about this as someone who has been reincarnated? If you don't consider that moral, then when would it become moral and why? Any number you choose to me just would seem arbitrary. 

Now in terms of incest, personally I don't care. If two consenting adults who happen to be related with one another wanna date and they understand the complications that can occur in regards to procreation by doing so, and so they don't have kids. I don't at that point care. Would I think it's weird? Sure, it probably even pretty darn awkward the moment I find out. But you know what, it's not like it really matters. Nothing bad is going to happen. The world isn't going to implode.

Just because something is common in anime, doesn't mean it isn't weird or something I should accept. I also just feel like a lot of times it's unnecessary and a lot of anime would be good without it.

I don't even mind people who are reincarnated dating if they're mind is also adapting to their physical age but Aqua has also been mature since birth so it would be a little weird imo but at least he's not trying to groom or be a perv like Rudy as you mentioned.

Overall, I just personally don't see the appeal or reason to have it in here even if it is a small hint or implication because if it's not doing anything to the plot then why even have it in here? We'll just have to agree to disagree

Well, accepting that it occurs in anime and that complaining about it is useless, is something you should probably do. When it comes to critiquing things I generally think it makes way more sense to critique it on something it did poorly on rather than bring up things I personally don't like in regards to a cultural difference where the series comes from. Cause those things are done on purpose, there is no use in critiquing it on that. It be like watching anime and complaining about pink haired characters. Like ... ok. I guess. But why? Just ignore it lmao.

As for not seeing the appeal of the reason to have it in here, I don't think it does. As I said, I think you are reading WAY too much into it. Even calling it a hint is such a stretch as it's more about the parasocial relationships between idols and fans and how that in a way can be difficult to navigate on an emotional level. And if you don't think it's doing anything for the plot, it just to me sounds like you don't understand what this series is about.

I could understand someone having an issue with Mushoku Tensei a lot easier than Oshi no Ko. And even in Mushoku Tensei I don't have an issue with the anime, I have an issue with Rudy as a character. It doesn't bother me that a series depicts these things because I am a mature adult and I can handle it. It's fiction. Not real.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 13, 2023 6:33 PM

May 2018
The whole Pieyon part was really cursed 💀

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 13, 2023 7:15 PM
Nov 2022
bruh wtf ur fake 
what's the matter? I like it so what??
May 13, 2023 7:20 PM
Nov 2022
Confused_100 said:
fushigurokun said:
MINDBLOWINGGGG!!!!!

And we are back with fake accounts again…

Liilvi said:
love ruby and kana's momments

This one as well is fake.

Like guys, we just came back from lockdown but still doing this?
what's the matter when people complimented the anime?
May 13, 2023 7:26 PM

May 2023
Kana and Ruby syncing has to be the cutest thing this season and the show dishing us how 'real' the reality is in tv shows was quite nice.

Aqua begging Kana to join and gas lighting her was quite fun to see. He knows she's susceptible to pressure and he's working around it.

The youtube collaboration and the green screen for memes and edit was ingenious. Modern day marketing at it's finest! B komachi has debuted and Ruby not wanting the start of the group to be based on lie was precious to see. I reckon she has really learned from her mum's life.

All in, it was such a nice episode and I'm looking forward to see Ruby-kana dynamic the most!
May 13, 2023 7:27 PM
Mar 2019
This has gone downhill so fast.
May 13, 2023 8:20 PM

Dec 2021
What the actual fuck was that last section LMAO
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
May 13, 2023 9:18 PM
Oct 2021
Arima kana !
May 13, 2023 10:07 PM
Aug 2019
Pieyon dance namba 1
May 13, 2023 10:25 PM

Jun 2019
I forgot what I wrote last time. But, yeah. I remember this being another great episode. Damn you. Mr. Hacker.
May 14, 2023 1:10 AM
Aug 2020
Here comes akane. 
And is that a scissors seven reference with that chicken 😂
May 14, 2023 1:17 AM
Oct 2019
Man, what in the weird crap is this ep lol. I wish this wasn’t included at all 🤣
May 14, 2023 3:25 AM

Nov 2022
what the actual fuck.

rollercoaster of an ep

May 14, 2023 6:02 AM
May 2023
It was really funny
May 14, 2023 6:30 AM
Sep 2018
Damn Punpun got ripped, became confident with a squeaky voice and a popular YouTuber XDDDDDDDDD
May 14, 2023 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
Yesterday, you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT
May 14, 2023 7:05 AM
Apr 2018
Good episode. 
Kana finally coaxed and convinced by aqua especially to join strawberry productions, the little schemer. But i like how he told that everything he told kana was true, so he does trust her and also finds her cute. 

Kana just grows on me more, her character is just developing nicely for now, even though she was sweet talked into joining an idol group she was thinking practically about her options and various parameters, shes selfish for herself in that manner which is good but also sweet that she cares for others as well, (also for the fact smitten with aqua). Her caring genuinely for ruby and looking after her like how aqua entrusted her to like a big sister. wholesome. Also i love how both of them get agitated together over aquas fake acting. xD 

We getting into the dating show and reality behind it, pretty much as expected the drama, tension all which is crafted for the audience to devour. We get  to meat Akane and memcho, memcho stood out more tbh for this episode and shes a youtuber.(also i love fanged girls) . Yuki sumi was also interesting with her conversations with aqua, girl knows her stuff. Aqua bearing all this cause producers actually might have info on guys might have dated, mans still on sacrificing path. Hes still not over his "love" and admiration for AI, so i guess nothing romantic for him rn since hes focused, but who knows maybe in the future someoene will be the light in his life like ai was? i can see that potential in someone rn. but thats a topic for another day.

Ruby and kana finally begin their miniature "Debut" with a streamer named pieyon and i just gotta say the whole ordeal was just gold. We learn more about idol history promotions to present scenario from miyako (shes the best) explaining how the culture has shifted online and so the collab begins. Loved everything  from the comical aspects (100 mil yen per year apology) etc. the dance, the commentary, pieyons personality, muscle flex and energy all of it.  i like his character on a serious aspect as well, he knows his stuff as well. All of it was just too good. Also interesting note that ruby doesnt want to begin her career with lies which quiet contrasts what Ai used to pursue on (even though it was taught to her to be successfull and eventually ate her from the inside) and since kanna wants to be like ai. We'll see if she holds on to this belief for long. 
Also finally we have a name for the group "B-Komachi" sounds quite nice for a idol group imo. 
May 14, 2023 8:45 AM
May 2023
it was amazing, the characters dynamic and the animation was perfect
May 14, 2023 10:19 AM
Aug 2021
Great comedy and enganging character development
May 14, 2023 12:29 PM
Jun 2011
Максимальная хуита
May 14, 2023 1:19 PM
Apr 2021
Haven't seen anything as good as this in a while.
May 14, 2023 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
it was funny a lil degenarate at times but das alright :D
May 14, 2023 3:14 PM
Mar 2020
horrivel demais vsf
tinha mt potencial mas pqp que merda foi essa
May 14, 2023 3:54 PM

Aug 2019
there’s no way 2 teenage girls would be able to keep up with that kind of exercise for an hour straight without rest lmao
May 14, 2023 5:40 PM

Feb 2021
felipinfds said:
horrivel demais vsf
tinha mt potencial mas pqp que merda foi essa
Uma masterpiece, não ha outras palavras que possa descrever isso. 
May 14, 2023 5:44 PM
May 2020
naked bird man lol
May 14, 2023 6:18 PM

Jun 2020
What a way to come back to anime, holllyyy shit. I'm glad I started watching this show, back to the episode; we see how fixated Aqua is on finding the person responsible for his mothers death.. practically erasing his past life, and being fully drawn in by it. He goes so far, as to take on an acting gig with a cringy dating show. 
Just2TerrifyMay 14, 2023 6:23 PM

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
May 14, 2023 6:50 PM
Mar 2023
It was a good ep, the song part made me cringe ngl bit that was a minor issue.
May 14, 2023 8:38 PM
Apr 2023
Loved it (15 chars)
May 14, 2023 9:39 PM
Mar 2023
why is bro wearing just a speedo
May 14, 2023 10:47 PM
Aug 2021
𝖠𝗊𝗎𝖺 𝗂𝗌 𝖺𝗇 𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗂𝗉𝗎𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝖽😅😅. 𝖣𝖺𝗆𝗇, 𝖻𝗋𝗈 𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖪𝖺𝗇𝖺 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝖽 𝗂𝗌 𝟤 𝖿𝗎𝗇𝗇𝗒🤣🤣. 𝖡𝗋𝗈, 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗓𝗓𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖠𝖰𝖴𝖠 𝗆𝗒 𝗆𝖺𝗇 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝗇𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿-𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾. 𝖡𝗋𝗈 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗌 𝖯𝗂𝖾𝗒𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗎𝗒 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗌 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝗐𝖾𝗂𝗋𝖽🤣🤣 𝖧𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 "𝖧𝗈𝗐 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗏𝗒 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖽𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗌" (𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍). 𝖠 𝟣-𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗂𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗓𝗒🤣🤣. 𝖮𝖧, 𝖬𝖸 𝖣𝖠𝖸𝖲 𝖲𝖧𝖤 𝖳𝖮𝖮𝖪 𝖧𝖤𝖱 𝖬𝖮𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱'𝖲 𝖦𝖱𝖮𝖴𝖯 𝖭𝖠𝖬𝖤🔥🔥🔥🔥.
May 15, 2023 12:23 AM
Mar 2022
The outro is so good
May 15, 2023 12:47 AM
Aug 2021
It only gets better, amazing episode
May 15, 2023 2:42 AM
Mar 2023
Episode ini sangat bagus
May 15, 2023 2:43 AM
Mar 2023
Episode ini sangat bagus
May 15, 2023 5:23 AM
May 2023
I am in love with the art style and the expressions each character makes
May 15, 2023 12:46 PM

Sep 2020
I almost forgot about the youtuber in the manga, very funny dance scene, and the voice fits the characters really well, so high-pitched and insane.
May 15, 2023 12:53 PM
Apr 2023
hes like the sherlock of the entertainment industry
May 15, 2023 1:30 PM
Sep 2020
Cheep cheep I know who the murderer is.
May 15, 2023 3:03 PM
Aug 2020
damm they know what they are doing!!!
May 15, 2023 3:15 PM
May 2019
yesyesyesyesyes
May 15, 2023 4:12 PM
Apr 2013
EP 5, big falloff in comments this time eh?

Kinda ironic episode, but whatever.

Im not sure if its intentional (probably could be but you never know), but while there's some cutting corners here and there, there sure is a lot of like "photogenic"(?) scenes

You know they always talk about how anime characters/children/students dont act their age, but it feels even more jarring here. aqua is reincarnated i guess, while ruby if anything acts the most "normal". while kana is kana

A lot of scenes of ruby and kana talking I guess. Due to the nature of things its pretty much impossible(?) for ruby and aqua to be "on set" together, or at least not anytime soon. Kana and aqua though, hmm. Well we wont have to wait long, though I'm wondering if the reality show is going to drag 2 or even 3 episodes.

Bunch of "new"(?) characters this time. Memcho is okubo rumi?? oh my. I mean her voice was vaguely familiar but not quite who I was expecting.
Otherwise uh...I already forgor the name of the others. Rip

EDIT: They kinda glossed over it but rip the school for now. Not sure how they're gonna balance that with all the other stuff.

EDIT 2: Gonna throw out a random conspiracy theory, but I'm saying there's a chance the producer dude gets offed or conveniently disappears/"forgets" and aqua is back to no lead. Not likely to happen, but you never know
CocoaGalaxyMay 15, 2023 6:17 PM
May 15, 2023 7:22 PM
Feb 2020
If Ruby and Kana are true to themselves and put their Funny Man/Straight Man bit on YouTube, they'll be popular in no time!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

46 by ZST_1 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.